Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.4 - Updated December 24

I like very much the new line of sight mechanic. It's very refreshing to be surprised by the AI.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.4 - Updated December 24

Yeah sight mechanics are really cool.
    Maybe they could be raised just a little but kam will always be THE MAN about this.

Also I find Ai behaviour really clever, well maybe not 100% of the times but sufficiently to say it's celver

There are some changes to sight mechanics coming with the next fix update that will address some of the flat land issues I believe.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, spotting will be a bit raised but you will still not see enemy on flat ground from 500+ meters. Enemy spotting in bushes and trees will still be havily restricted.

Main problem with raising it is that from 500 spotting range, unit standing in the middle of the map is already able to uncover around 75-80% of the entire map, making spotting system pointless.

Good example of how good restrictive spotting system is are games made by ex TW modder, Darth Vader, where it is limited in similar fashion.

One of the things that make TW battles to easy is how much player knows about the enemy with NASA laser guided precission.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I just finished a battle in the woods of the Dacia. The fact that I only dared to inch my army up a few meters at a time while keeping an eye out in all directions really makes me sympathize with the likes of Quintillius Varus. I found out the hard way that the A.I. had deployed it army diagonally, so one of my flank got shattered before the other flank and center was able to wheel around to assist. The 4-star general got slain in the confusion, and my army got massed routed.

Battles are such thrills now that, given the right terrain, a regular battle can become a real ambush. I lost the battle feeling more satisfied than ever!

Personal preference I guess, but I just don’t enjoy it. In ancient battles, at the point where the two armies are on the same field in fighting order, ready to go, they were very aware of each other. How’s it possible that tens of thousands of soldiers wouldn’t be?
    If you look at some of the tactics used by Hannibal, Scipio, Caesar and the like, it was about disguising the intent behind the very obvious formations rather than using cloaks of invisibility to vanish completely.
    Arminius would never have been able to ambush Varus’ legions in this current iteration cause he’d have never been able to find them before they marched past him.

I’m griping. It’s literally the only thing I could fault in this mod, but it does break my immersion significantly.

Patrician

You would bu surprised how often thousends of men were hidden from the enemy, at Ipsus cavalry was surprised by a wall of 400-500 elehpants after routing that wing.

Also you are not correct on Arminius example as troops that are in the woods are able to see soldiers not covered. But like I said, view range on flat land will be increased slightly.

Yeah having played more with it I agree with the points here

I still think extreme high ground advantage would be a good addition, but I do really enjoy the new way the AI is behaving like an actual army on the battle map, with some units being a lot more aggressive due to their core role, others hugging the body of the army due to vulorabilities and the reponses to my moves feeling like they come from humans.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by GodDied View Post
    I'm making a personal translation into Spanish of this mod, does anyone want to join?
    Are you talking about the whole mod ? Check this please

I love this mod. RTW2 is incredible with it.

Well, I have Divide et Impera 1.2.4 in Spanish and working pertfectly. But I can't find the texts about "Region Growth Predicted Growth by Class..." and Supply System ("Regional Supply Status, Regional Status Cap..."). In which file.pack are that texts? Thank you very much.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thisisvanda View Post
    I love this mod. RTW2 is incredible with it.

Well, I have Divide et Impera 1.2.4 in Spanish and working pertfectly. But I can't find the texts about "Region Growth Predicted Growth by Class..." and Supply System ("Regional Supply Status, Regional Status Cap..."). In which file.pack are that texts? Thank you very much.

Hi. I send you a private message. Please check out your inbox.

They are in the script files if I remember, the supply UI lua

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You would bu surprised how often thousends of men were hidden from the enemy, at Ipsus cavalry was surprised by a wall of 400-500 elehpants after routing that wing.
    Yeah, it occasionally happened that two opposing armies haphazardly stumbled into each other without previously being aware of each other's presence, but it was absolutely not the norm.

What I think would be more immersive and historically authentic would be to keep unit visual range at vanilla levels so you can still see an enemy army, but remove the unit descriptions when you hover your mouse over units in battle and also hide the pre-battle unit cards for the enemy.
    That way, you wouldn’t be entirely sure what the composition of the army would be pre-battle, and you’d have to use visual clues during to try and work out what’s what. It would add an element of risk/reward whereby you’d have to decide based on almost no information save strength of numbers whether you want to fight an enemy army in the field. Could be 3,000 levies, could be an elite army of late tier units.

Quote Originally Posted by KlausKniffler View Post
    What I think would be more immersive and historically authentic would be to keep unit visual range at vanilla levels so you can still see an enemy army, but remove the unit descriptions when you hover your mouse over units in battle and also hide the pre-battle unit cards for the enemy.
    That way, you wouldn’t be entirely sure what the composition of the army would be pre-battle, and you’d have to use visual clues during to try and work out what’s what. It would add an element of risk/reward whereby you’d have to decide based on almost no information save strength of numbers whether you want to fight an enemy army in the field. Could be 3,000 levies, could be an elite army of late tier units.

Would be a cool idea, if possible.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    Yeah, it occasionally happened that two opposing armies haphazardly stumbled into each other without previously being aware of each other's presence, but it was absolutely not the norm.
    I should have been more precise, I did not mean entire armies but very often enemy did not know full deployment of the enemy while in this game you have NASA level overview of the battle, which combined with not the shapest BAI makes things only easier.

Quote Originally Posted by KlausKniffler View Post
    Previous view range was not vanilla as vanilla game also has restricted view. Previously we only took out fog of war as in previous patches it made BAI better but with current BAI and CA fixes it makes BAI worse, people just got too accustomed to have too much knowledge. What you ask is not possible although if you play on High battle difficulty and above, you do not see status of enemy unit, only name, if you also turn of unit UI, it means you won't be able to know enemy stats at all.

I have a problem. I downloaded the 2 DEI parts and zipped them into the Data folder of RTW2 and also activated them in the mod manager, yet they don't work when I start the game! What can I be doing wrong?
    Outgunned, outnumbered...But never outclassed!

Activate outdated files in the mod manager.

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a bit confused about how many parts I should be downloading for the steam version of the game.

For the steam installation instructions on this thread it states:

Steam Version
    All 3 parts are needed to play the game! Be sure that you have all of them downloaded.
    1. Subscribe to the parts in Steam Workshop.
    2. Start Rome II and be sure all six are checked green in the Mod Manager (they should by default).
    3. Play the game

Is it 3 parts or 6????

Quote Originally Posted by marcusfeentra View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered but I'm a bit confused about how many parts I should be downloading for the steam version of the game.

For the steam installation instructions on this thread it states:

Steam Version
    All 3 parts are needed to play the game! Be sure that you have all of them downloaded.
    1. Subscribe to the parts in Steam Workshop.
    2. Start Rome II and be sure all six are checked green in the Mod Manager (they should by default).
    3. Play the game

Is it 3 parts or 6????
    There are currently only 3 parts. Prior to an update from CA there were six, so that's just an oversight in the guide