Thread: Unbearable Lag

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Unbearable Lag

I have just reinstalled RS3 completely. New Dell i5 laptop with plenty of RAM and the processor is 2.2GHz, which is better than my last laptop that ran RS2 like a beaut.

But now I've loaded my first Roman campaign, all is well on the loading screens, loading fast but when I hit the campaign map its just complete lag? It takes like 5 seconds to scroll from the top of Italy to the bottom. And building browser is unresponsive unless I click like 3 times.

I'm playing on the ALX engine, Steam as instructed to install in the guide and windows 10.

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks

Default Re: Unbearable Lag

did you tried this suggestion by dvk901 it helped me:

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    In this folder: ....\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Strat_Trees

You will find a 'reduced lag' folder. Copy that file into the 'data' directory. It should help considerably.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Sorry only just got to try this. Thanks for your reply but disappointingly it doesn't work. I've tried your suggestion as well as ensuring campaign and strategy map resolutions match my screen resolution and I've unticked gloss maps as well as lowering all settings. I've also changed compatibility in preferences to launch compatible with windows7, (although I'm playing with windows10).

Just looking around the forum it looks like this is a common issue but I have not seen any concrete answers how to fix this or does RS3 just not work with windows10? If it isn't compatible then sadly I won't be able to play this game anymore unfortunately. This mod has brought me by far more enjoyment than any game ever has. It looks my days playing computer games are over if RS3 can't be played

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@ Agrippa 19: I don't know if this will help, I don't use steam but came across this on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGlog9mvKs I don't have this problem myself, I use discs and my OS is Win 7. My PC is quite fast @ 3.5GHz and plenty enough RAM @ 8Gbs. I have copied & pasted my files and exe's from inside my RTW Anthology folder in programs (x86) to a renamed "new folder" in my c:/drive and installed RS 2.5+III+3.1 on top. I have 16 mods in total done this way, adjusted my settings in preferences where needed per mod., very rarely any lag or ctd's, and also have a fresh vanilla copy always available in programs(x86). I believe you can do the same with steam. I have also bypassed my UAC for my games to stop any interference to my files from Windows, this link will explain http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems I hope this may be of some use to you.

If you would like to see some proof of the above, check out my RSIII Let's play (Athens Campaign) just click the link below in my signature.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; April 01, 2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Cheers Saul, I had been watching your campaigns but was still dealing with lag until I found this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    Cheers Saul, I had been watching your campaigns but was still dealing with lag until I found this thread.
    You;re welcome laddie, if it's been helpful then that's good news. I also use this software, whether it is beneficial or not is debatable but there is nothing to lose by adding it, RTW etc can only access 2gb of ram this allows up to 4gb. https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/ Thanks for the rep
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 07, 2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Wow Saul, I only just came across your answer this morning so I've only just seen it now and decided to give it a go and I can't believe it's actually worked! I haven't played the campaign for long so don't know about any bugs but the lag is certainly not there anymore, thanks so much!

ya man your mod suxs.CTD every other turn WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa19 View Post
    Wow Saul, I only just came across your answer this morning so I've only just seen it now and decided to give it a go and I can't believe it's actually worked! I haven't played the campaign for long so don't know about any bugs but the lag is certainly not there anymore, thanks so much!
    I've only stumbled across you're reply today so you're welcome laddie, glad I could help
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; July 17, 2018 at 03:51 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by pwcca View Post
    ya man your mod suxs.CTD every other turn WTF
    Your attitude sucks, it's not the way to get help
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 21, 2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo