Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Albion Total War - the original thread

Default Re: [WIP] Albion Total War - Strat Models

If you want, I can create and manage a ModDB page for the mod. I'm also echuu on ModDB and I already manage around 20 Total War mods on that website: http://www.moddb.com/members/echuu/mods.

I agree, Princes, Kings & Heroes is a great project, too bad it died years ago. There is also another mod focused on Britain, War of the West, which is dead too but maybe you can grab some materials and content.

Anyway, I agree totally with romy, this campaign map is a feast for our eyes.

I need opinions for two subjects, 1) As we can see England has a large starting territory, but will also be harder to manage (taxes, AOR troops training), I was thinking of adding two more English factions either or the, Earldom of Lancaster, and possibly Cinque Ports confederation to break down England a bit, and history tells of Lancaster being at odds with the crown. Thomas, 2nd Earl of Lancaster led a baronial opposition against his cousin Edward II. Small starting positions would be an issue perhaps. Cinque Ports was Loyal to England but served as their main trading ports to European mainland. May start small but have neat trade/income bonuses. Logical opinions on these additions would be appreciated. Also I'm in a toss up concerning the kilt, which was not mentioned in Scot history until the 1500's, however Im having trouble with coming to terms in modeling troops with saffron/pee stained "leine croich", running around barefoot calling them highlanders, they just don't seem cool.. Again opinions please

I will take up that offer Nelduin, give me a bit more time with some troops and map forts placements, then we will make a moddb page

Good idea about those two factions. About the kilt, personally that's a twist to historical accuracy that I can live with.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

DCI: Last Alliance got a ModDB page thanks to Nelduin's initative; done us much good

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well in that case, perhaps we can just go ahead and make the page on moddb, and update the progress as I go? I would be okay with that, I am attacking the Scottish forts and it's coming along just fine. I asked a question in the scripting forum for the fort reinforcement script. I'll see if anybody can help me there, or if anybody would like to have a look for a few minutes, the script works I just need a condition for recognizing if the forts are garrisoned or not, and I am no advanced scripter.. I can send it to whoever by PM if interested in having a look..

Nevermind for the script help, it's all figured out for now.

BCDLegend's Avatar Foederatus

Hey, I am sure your mod will be great!!! It have a amazing look! I am waiting for the release good luck and if you need some help PM me

romy's Avatar Semisalis

As we can see, the Kingdom of England controls a lot of regions at the start of the campaign. I think that spliting the English territory and adding 2 factions would be way better IMO.

Concerning the kilts, as you say, I thought too that they weren't used until 1500's. However, I don't see any big problems using kilts for some Highlander units. ;-)

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

WOOOOW Very COOL!!!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Regarding the English, I have no idea if any of this is possible as I'm not modder, but its an idea none the less.

I like your idea, having the Cinque Ports and the Lancasters. Perhaps you could take this idea further divide the kingdom up into its major counties, earldoms, duchies etc.

They would be vassals of England, perhaps, via script, providing the crown with soldiers, income etc to simulate the whole feudal thang.

Perhaps however they would not have any troops or useable generals of their own UNLESS you went to war with them for whatever reason, in which case they could spawn the things they needed, again via script. One could utilize the forts in their territories, this is where perhaps the 'historical' leaders of each of these factions could be, however they would be under your control so that if you wanted the Earl of Lancaster leading your armies, you could still do so BUT if you went to war with the Earldom of Lancaster, for what ever reason, again via script that individual could rebel and join that faction and be moved to the factions capital or something.

Of course if this historical leader was dead, then perhaps his children could join said faction, perhaps a bloodline trait could be added and based on their loyalty they could rebel and join the Earldom or they would stay... providing the player with some interesting role playing opportunities.

Again these all just ideas and I guess it would rely on having enough faction slots, but yeah not expecting any of this to be in the mod, just spit balling is all hehe.

Regarding the Scots.
    I don't see the problem in them having kilts, but what other alternatives do you really have?

Well for now I won't add too many more scripts, as the mod will take forever to be released, and I have enough scripting ideas for the time being.. I'm using a few faction slots for special names, fort princesses.. Etc, so I may add those two but that'll be all as to keep on track.. I am going to try out another type of highlander, not quite wearing a kilt, but tartan sort of, i'll preview him when i'm done

Alas, yet another preview ladies and gents, Scottish roster units: Lochaber Axemen, Schiltrom, Archers, enjoy!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Zantorian; January 27, 2017 at 07:38 AM.

A ready retainer of the Earl of March:
    Last edited by Zantorian; January 27, 2017 at 07:37 AM.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Quality... Quality everywhere.

Your work on the units, the map, the scripts... is really impressive.

In love with this badass knight ;-)

About the animation of the 2nd unit, wouldn't it be better to use the one hand spear animation ? I find this animation quite slow for this kind of unit. It looks like they are wearing heavy polearms or pikes instead of spears. What do you think ?

Keep it up !!
    Last edited by romy; January 26, 2017 at 09:33 AM.
    R.I.P. Calvin

great work and great scotts,they have great faces too.

Romy: Good eye! Thanks for the feedback, it helps me spot things I missed.. I updated the spear to a longer pike as seen in pictures of those times.. For the animation, no worries mine move faster and run as well..

Last edited by Zantorian; January 27, 2017 at 07:36 AM.

Update: Highlander, changed boots and pouch/sporan:
    Last edited by Zantorian; January 27, 2017 at 09:59 PM.

If anybody has experience with Unit cards preferably in milkshape, and would like to help, PM me. See first post with new PKH inspired menu update, and updated tourney field resource model
    Last edited by Zantorian; January 27, 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: [WIP] Albion - Total War

Those highlanders are awesome!!

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [WIP] Albion - Total War

Bloody brilliant! Love the menu btw, its gorgeous!