Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.3 (28 Dec 2017)

Default Re: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.3 (28 Dec 2017)

Few notes to my Granada campaign.

1. Southern Spain is too green, it should be more arid.
    2. AI bonuses in EDB and campaign script are too high according to me. Portugal with same number of provinces had several times bigger armies and destroyed me very easily after 70 turns. I would cut the bonuses by half.
    3. I find cavalry a bit overpowered in battles. Infantry units have no chance.
    4. Castile loved me from the beginning of the game. I think the relations should not be so good.
    5. I think the mercenaries are very cheap and I used them a lot. I would increase their upkeep and costs and I would also add desertion script in case you do not have money

Code:
    Monitor_event FactionTurnStart Treasury < -5000
        and FactionType X
        and RandomPercent < Y
            destroy_units X mercenary_unit
    end_monitor
    But you have to be sure that mercenary_unit attribute is only given to mercenary units.
    6. The map and the UI is artistically beautiful.
    7. I have not found any problems with EDCT and EDA.
    8. I found the CAI too passive. They standed in my territory for few turns before doing anything. I personally prefer CAI sets from SS like Savage AI, Soulsons AI or BeeMugCarl AI which are very balanced.

But else I really like the game, thank you for the development. Do you plan to add Germany and Italy next?
    Last edited by vsivak; December 30, 2017 at 12:55 AM.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Nice mod. Haven't played for so long and the only thing to report is that the french faction leader looks the same as the english. Nothing that affects gameplay and is hardly anything more than a minor annoyance.

Dear Sandy,

at mod db there are two links

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-co...f-conquest-v13

the download shows doc1.3.4

and the patch

http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-co...-conquest-v131

whichs shows 1.3.1

Do I need only the first link and the patch is obsolete?

Thank you for a reply!

Greets

M

Marc I am thinking you will need both files. So download 1.3 which is labeled doc1.3.4 and then also the patch for 1.31 which is labeled 1.3.1 on Mod db. This is my assumption and hope this is helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Despy View Post
    Marc I am thinking you will need both files. So download 1.3 which is labeled doc1.3.4 and then also the patch for 1.31 which is labeled 1.3.1 on Mod db. This is my assumption and hope this is helpful.
    Dear Despy,

thank you for helping! I was just wondering because of the 1.3.4 file to overwrite it with 1.3.1

Thanks and Greets

M

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Dear Despy,

thank you for helping! I was just wondering because of the 1.3.4 file to overwrite it with 1.3.1

Thanks and Greets

M

I believe the 1.3.4 file is the standalone and the 1.3.1 is the patch/hotfix. So to answer your question, yes you will unpack 1.3.1 into 1.3.4 since 1.3.1 is a patch for 1.3.4. I hope that is not confusing.

Thank you Despy for helping me!

I can not make the mod work when I launch DoC part med2 vanilla someone can help me?

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Any news for us Sandy?

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Any News?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I think the issue with Steam relates to the instructions on the first page.

Do not install into a folder named DoCv1.3

Instead install into a folder named DoC.

Took me awhile to figure out why it would not launch when I already had a Kingdoms.exe.

Works fine now.

This mod is certainly a hidden gem! Great work. You can feel the love and enormous attention to the smallest detail in it and it really shows. I hope it is still being worked on for the map expansion and larger theater. This mod's art style, battle mechanics, campaign progression and realism are perfect.

One very small complaint is that the AI gets a little too much of a head start in this mod making it too hard. I found a balance of using money cheat and instant building 4 buildings in starting settlement and revert to 5000 coins before hitting end turn gave me the balance of challenge vs. impossible I needed. Also no auto save?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I've tried to play version 1.3, but each time I gt a CTD after a few minutes. Last time I got a precise information why (I guess):
    23:48:08.459 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/BUR/Mounted_Sergeants_info.tga
    23:48:08.726 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

In this case, there's a mistake in the name of the file (there's mounted_sergeants.tga; btw - there's governor.tga showing foot knights in full armour...). I'll see if I can play more after changing the name.

EDIT: unfortunately, another CTD after just 90 seconds... It happened again when I right-clicked on a building and then right-clicked on the unit that building would provide. The things went awry soon, even though this unit pic would exist (but maybe not the unit card?)

00:08:55.350 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0043_High_Income1> fired
    00:10:30.037 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 06, 2018 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've tried to play version 1.3, but each time I gt a CTD after a few minutes. Last time I got a precise information why (I guess):
    23:48:08.459 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/BUR/Mounted_Sergeants_info.tga
    23:48:08.726 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

In this case, there's a mistake in the name of the file (there's mounted_sergeants.tga; btw - there's governor.tga showing foot knights in full armour...). I'll see if I can play more after changing the name.

EDIT: unfortunately, another CTD after just 90 seconds... It happened again when I right-clicked on a building and then right-clicked on the unit that building would provide. The things went awry soon, even though this unit pic would exist (but maybe not the unit card?)

00:08:55.350 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0043_High_Income1> fired
    00:10:30.037 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    Have you manage to solve your problem?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

No, I've just haven't played it anymore.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 29, 2018 at 06:43 AM.

Foederatus

is this mod still worked on? haven't seen mod author post anything for a long time.

Looks like he went off radar since around January including over at Discord, but still logs into twcenter frequently but does not post anything. Hope he is okay. It would be a shame this mod never gets finished or at least its expansion to Italy. This mod easily takes the most under-rated gem of M2TW mods award in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    Looks like he went off radar since around January including over at Discord, but still logs into twcenter frequently but does not post anything. Hope he is okay. It would be a shame this mod never gets finished or at least its expansion to Italy. This mod easily takes the most under-rated gem of M2TW mods award in my opinion.
    I agree Switz. And we need Swiss faction to dominate Europe.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

I hope that he will release soon the next version

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Looks great!!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar