Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.3 (28 Dec 2017)

Default Re: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.1 - Released!

Kjertesvein, agreed about the timeframe. That's why I chose 1330. Appreciate the feedback.

About the bugged UI. I have no idea why it is bugged that way. The two vertical bits around the radar map get bugged from time to time. Nothing critical.

About the ctd when clicking on mercenaries. I could not reproduce it in my campaign. Not sure why it happened. Log seems useless.

What do you mean by Scots and isles around them being empty? What kind of "faction dynamic" are you referring to?

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 13, 2017 at 09:06 AM.

i love this mod. my campaign is still ongoing as england, 170 turns with no ctd. i have destroyed scotland and preparing a 5 stacks for invasion of France. can i have some suggestions? i know it is not done yet. hehe but i have an idea about the units and for the future of the mod, if you don't mind. hehe

about the units, maybe you could unlock some new units after 1370 event OR where you could upgrade their armor while changing the appearance of the unit into more armoured? for the later years? and also it would be awesome if the later men at arms and knights weilding polearms???!!! dayum it would be great!!!
    i like the men at arms look even though it is vanilla model. haha

everything in the game is balanced for me. what a great mod!!! thank you for this Lord Sandy. I'll wait for your humble reply.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Any plans to make the map bigger? great mod!

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Brilliant mod, I adore the vanilla style to it, its so great and the nostalgia is awesome! That being said, I'd love to see your Western Unit Overhaul mod implemented at some point, or perhaps have the option to use it and different strat models for towns and cities, the Albion Total War models are gorgeous, though I suppose that mod is in way, way early development so perhaps not. Again however I ADORE the vanilla style.

On that note, I'm really hope we get to see more historical characters present for each faction, I'd also love to see the same kind of work on ancillaries that both DLV and DLV BB have, specifically when it comes to titles, the royal court and dynasties so as to increase the roleplay-ability, which I've always been a big fan of when it comes to MTWII, Bellum Crucis does it near perfectly, however the current translation is god awful haha. That said, I really see and enjoy the simplistic style that I feel like the mod is going for and to some degree, I think that such extras may clutter the mod a little.

Beyond that, the battle balance is strikingly good in my opinion, again very simple and certainly easy to manage.

I kind of feel like there shouldn't be as many rebel settlements at the start as I generally prefer faster and certainly inter-factional warfare and I do feel that given the time period, factions would be far more established then as you have them appear. That said I always do enjoy the build up and the economic management that, that entails, in fact its almost refreshing given the vanilla styled buildings and simple construction chains.

Also, I have to admit, I kind of like how the campaign map is limited the way it is. I mean I'd love to see more factions, especially more smaller factions like Flanders and Burgundy, particularly more of the minor German and French duchies. I think going anywhere beyond Western Europe, North Africa might be a bit detrimental to the mod, perhaps go as far as east as Bohemia and as far north as Denmark and as far south east as the Balkans, and maybe Greece? Even then though, I don't even think you'd need to go that far. Idk haha, just some silly thoughts are all hehe

Keep up the brilliant work, can't wait for the next update!
    Cheers,
    isa0005
    Last edited by isa0005; January 15, 2017 at 04:36 AM.

Patch 1.2 taking longer than anticipated because I started working on battlefield banners and few other minor things. Fully integrated Xeryx's CAI v4.0 from AI Improvement Project. This combined with Taiji's Battle Balance AI will make an unforgettable combo! The campaign AI should now better respond to diplomacy and overall dynamics should change considerably. Rebels should be more aggressive now. I will need to test it all out and play a campaign or two myself before release. Maybe another week or so.

BANNERS

banskie100, I am glad you are enjoying it. Good suggestion about late game units. It can be linked to gunpowder discovered event or a separate event easily. Early game knights can be replaced by polearm wielding knights with no shields. The old knights will be left until dead or disbanded.

Marku, Yes, that was the original plan. Expand eastward. I would love to be able to expand all the way to Byzantines and invading Ottomans. I will focus on Central Europe and Italy for the upcoming 2.0 in a few months time hopefully.

isa0005, I will at some point later. I want to work on the campaign first. 10 factions are too few for a good mod. Battlemap models are an aesthetic aspect of the mod, not critical. Glad you like the "vanilla" style. I simply went for what I felt looked best. FYI pretty much all textures and models are either new or modified in some ways. Even rivers are wider if you noticed.

About historical characters, I spent weeks reading and digging information about 1330 and characters present. Tons of info on England and Scotland, but very limited for most other factions. Luckily Hispania Total War team helped out with Spanish factions. I had to use google translate to read some spanish sources. It wasn't easy to even get 3-4 historical characters per faction. If you or anyone else has more info, feel free to point out and I will add the new characters accordingly!

The battle balance is an adaptation of DLV BB. I added Taiji's AI, which is superb! Nothing even comes close in Medieval 2 mods. Same for unit stats. I did some changes, but overall, sticking to his balances. Compared to DLV BB I went for more of a rock paper scissors type of balance enhancing strengths and exposing weaknesses of some troops instead of making everything plain balanced. I believe its important for gameplay.

About rebel settlements, I know it is not historical, but for the sake of gameplay I close my eyes on history. Gameplay always > history in my opinion. Some mods have overworked on history at the expense of gameplay - just my honest opinion. If you played mods where all starting settlements are occupied by factions and you control some 30+ regions, you know what I mean. What am I even supposed to do? Make stacks and stacks and attack? Its boring... No attachment to any particular settlement or army, cause you didn't spend any effort obtaining them.

Thanks for valuable feedback. I will keep modding in my free time.

HELP NEEDED in these areas:

Faction descriptions (on campaign start screen) - Urgent for the upcoming patch. If anyone is interested, please go ahead and simply post it here. I will include it in the game.
    Quotes (during loading screens), preferably fitting the time-frame of 13-15th century.
    Loading screens. Must be of good quality and no copyright issues. Ideally with an artist permission. If you know anyone like that please help get their permission. Link and credits will be provided of course.
    Music. Any music suitable for campaign. Can be culture or faction specific. Again, without copyrights if possible.

Sandy

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Great to hear of your future plans, Autosave is turned off (by default) but i am getting random crashes every approximate 30 turns (Rebel turn) , Anyone else seeing this?

Battles-wise, i can tell you that the battles feel very DLV/BB style, so pleased with this :-)

Quotes:

Constantine XI Palaiologos : "The City is fallen and i am still alive" 1453 fall of constantinople.

Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone that which is his due - Justinian I

Megas Alexandros: "In the end, when it's over, all that matters is what you've done"

Quote Originally Posted by G|I|Sandy View Post
    Patch 1.2 taking longer than anticipated because I started working on battlefield banners and few other minor things. Fully integrated Xeryx's CAI v4.0 from AI Improvement Project. This combined with Taiji's Battle Balance AI will make an unforgettable combo! The campaign AI should now better respond to diplomacy and overall dynamics should change considerably. Rebels should be more aggressive now. I will need to test it all out and play a campaign or two myself before release. Maybe another week or so.

BANNERS

banskie100, I am glad you are enjoying it. Good suggestion about late game units. It can be linked to gunpowder discovered event or a separate event easily. Early game knights can be replaced by polearm wielding knights with no shields. The old knights will be left until dead or disbanded.

Marku, Yes, that was the original plan. Expand eastward. I would love to be able to expand all the way to Byzantines and invading Ottomans. I will focus on Central Europe and Italy for the upcoming 2.0 in a few months time hopefully.

isa0005, I will at some point later. I want to work on the campaign first. 10 factions are too few for a good mod. Battlemap models are an aesthetic aspect of the mod, not critical. Glad you like the "vanilla" style. I simply went for what I felt looked best. FYI pretty much all textures and models are either new or modified in some ways. Even rivers are wider if you noticed.

About historical characters, I spent weeks reading and digging information about 1330 and characters present. Tons of info on England and Scotland, but very limited for most other factions. Luckily Hispania Total War team helped out with Spanish factions. I had to use google translate to read some spanish sources. It wasn't easy to even get 3-4 historical characters per faction. If you or anyone else has more info, feel free to point out and I will add the new characters accordingly!

The battle balance is an adaptation of DLV BB. I added Taiji's AI, which is superb! Nothing even comes close in Medieval 2 mods. Same for unit stats. I did some changes, but overall, sticking to his balances. Compared to DLV BB I went for more of a rock paper scissors type of balance enhancing strengths and exposing weaknesses of some troops instead of making everything plain balanced. I believe its important for gameplay.

About rebel settlements, I know it is not historical, but for the sake of gameplay I close my eyes on history. Gameplay always > history in my opinion. Some mods have overworked on history at the expense of gameplay - just my honest opinion. If you played mods where all starting settlements are occupied by factions and you control some 30+ regions, you know what I mean. What am I even supposed to do? Make stacks and stacks and attack? Its boring... No attachment to any particular settlement or army, cause you didn't spend any effort obtaining them.

Thanks for valuable feedback. I will keep modding in my free time.
    Last edited by Marku; January 15, 2017 at 01:52 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Marku,

I found a few more potential causes of crashes and fixed them already. Hopefully, it won't happen anymore. And thanks for the quotes, there are good! I will include them right away.

Also, Marku suggested to open a Discord channel. First time I am hearing about this app. If anyone is using it, you can drop instant messages while playing with feedback and suggestions. If it doesn't go well, I will delete it. Here is the link: https://discordapp.com/channels/270402349967736833

Sandy

Looks a great project.
    M2TW still has plenty of life in it for those willing to get their hands dirty and get modding

will give feedback once installed.

free music here : http://www.jsayles.com/familypages/earlymusic.htm
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; January 16, 2017 at 09:02 AM.

I like this scenario, the factions, and start date. Great indeed! Thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Mod is fantastic. It doesn't need more factions and bigger map but more in depth emphasis on 100 years war via for instance scenarios/scripts. In 1429. the arrival of Jean d'Arc, for instance. One suggestion is to make all units available from the start, since in 1330. men at arms, Flemish pikemen (Courtrai 1304.) and schiltrom ( Scotland 1297.) were already used. I am eagerly awaiting and checking day by day new updates.

Can't find kindoms.ex

If, like me you have STEAM, then add a DoC folder to your medievalII total war /mods folder.
    Copy the medieval2.exe to the desktop and rename it to kingdoms.exe and copy back to the M2TW folder.
    Then run the install prog and point the installer to the new DoC folder.

Once you have main DoC installed check it runs OK and then apply the patch.

----------------

The descr_strat needs more work - add roads, ports, markets etc to make for a more realistic map.
    Should help the economy for all players.
    Played a few turns as England, was 5000 in debt in no time.

Any reason why England is littered by rebel castles and towns ? The country was generally untroubled by rebels at the start of Edward iii reign.
    Last edited by Used2BRoz; January 17, 2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G|I|Sandy View Post
    HELP NEEDED in these areas:

Faction descriptions (on campaign start screen) - Urgent for the upcoming patch. If anyone is interested, please go ahead and simply post it here. I will include it in the game.
    Quotes (during loading screens), preferably fitting the time-frame of 13-15th century.
    Loading screens. Must be of good quality and no copyright issues. Ideally with an artist permission. If you know anyone like that please help get their permission. Link and credits will be provided of course.
    Music. Any music suitable for campaign. Can be culture or faction specific. Again, without copyrights if possible.

Sandy

Hello Sandy,
    there is free music from Adrian von Ziegler. Its wonderful, maybe you can use it. I think the celtic music would fit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwuQ6UHMQg

Dawn of Conquest is now featured at MundusBellicus, French TW Forum: http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/forum/t...wn-of-conquest. Keep up the good work!

Gustav Mahler,

Gameplay > History. I appreciate your suggestions. However, I prefer to leave stronger troops as one of the rewards of developing your settlements. Staying true to Deus lo Vult spirit, I will expand the map further. My aim is to get a big sandbox campaign rather than highly historical scripted campaign. Maybe someone else can take the mod in that direction eventually.

Used2BRoz, thanks for steam instructions and music. Included in the header.

Heedi, listening to it now. Really great stuff, especially as a background music when modding. I will look into it.

Nelduin, awesome! I hope your folks will like it.

Working on v1.2. Banners complete for all factions. Adding a few new units. Trying to make a more wholesome campaign before moving on to expansion.

Sandy

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

maybe you cane use this mate.http://picture uploader

achwell,

Hey, thanks! That's really good. Do you have the original? The size/proportions are a bit off. I could fit it into the template for consistency.

Sandy

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

yes mate i just made it, where do i send it to? pm me