Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.3 (28 Dec 2017)

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.1 - Released!

Thank you very much Sandy for your rapid answer. I try to change the resolution. Many congrats for your absolutely fine mod. Thanks and for that!

JohnD18's Avatar Libertus

Ok! The problem solved! I change with notepad in DoC.cfg the ''windowed = true'' to ''windowed = false''!
    Last edited by JohnD18; January 08, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

JohnD18,

Yes. You can change resolution in DoC.cfg. Open it with notepad and set the resolution manually. Under [video], remove "#" in front of 1920 1080 line and change the numbers to whatever your resolution is. This is a better option. If it doesn't work, then do this: set both "windowed = false" and "borderless_window = false. Alt-tabbing will be a pain though. The second option should keep resolution at 1920 1080, but stretch it across your entire screen. End result is same anyways.

Sandhy

Amazed to see that some people still take the time to modd this good ol'Med II. I was on Shogun II for a while but started to feel the need to go back to the XIIIth cent. somewhere in Europe. Havent play Med II for ages (5+years) thus I had no idea it was still alive. So here I return, back to one of my favorite oldie !
    Will try your mod ina couple of weeks, Italian wars come first but I def. will, just wanted to give you a !

Did you keep the point system of Deus ? I just gave a quick look to Deus manual, sounds nice but mmm maybe a bit hard for a non-hardcore player.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by G|I|Sandy View Post
    Julio85, do you mean small unit cards or the big ones when you open details scroll with unit stats?

Sandy
    I mean when I open the detail of the units in the strategic campaign. I didn't play enough (no battle no campaign) I just take a fast exploration of this great mod

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Looks very promising!
    I'll definitely give it a shot on the weekend!
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

A! Will you be adding Ireland in there so, with the Gaelic resurgence?

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Default Re: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.0 - Released!

Quote Originally Posted by Heedi View Post
    Thanx, happy traveling. Think i choose the right directory. D:\Programme\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\DOC
    Have many mods in use, maybe thats the reason.
    Hello Sandy,
    I installed medieval 2 totally new and delete all other mods. Now it works.
    Thanx for this beautyful, colourful mod. I hope you will go on working on this may be one or two new units (like War of the West). Dont put too many new things in this, because the mod has already its own charme.
    Again thank you very much, that there are still mods for my favourite total war game.

Working on a quick v1.2 patch before I go onto expanding the map for 2.0. The small patch should be up in a few days. I need some time testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aming View Post
    Did you keep the point system of Deus ? I just gave a quick look to Deus manual, sounds nice but mmm maybe a bit hard for a non-hardcore player.
    DLV has a lot of scripts. Some of them I don't like. They limit the player and require detailed knowledge of the mod to play. If a mod forces you to do something on way, then it hurts gameplay. Limiting the number of troops you can recruit via a script is the worst you could possibly do. A good mod will offer you several options, neither is the best, but all have their merits. Don't get me wrong, DLV has a lot of great features, its just some of them I find bad for gameplay.

I built this mod from scratch using some ideas from DLV BB. I went for minimalist approach here. The scripting mostly includes key AI related scripts to make their economy more manageable. The AI factions have dynamic king's purse. Basically they always float in positives, but never too high. If they get too rich and can't spend the money the bonuses are removed. This makes them always produce buildings and troops. They can also recruit about x3 more units (faster turnover). All these things happen behind the scenes. I optimized these various scripts and tested until felt satisfied with the AI performance on campaign map. Without these scripts AI would be dead boring and incompetent. I find this AI slower at making war and alliances than in other mods or vanilla. However, alliances and wars tend to last longer. The 4 turn per year facilitates this process. Basically the campaign is longer, but should be more interesting because beating an AI faction is really harder. The player is always under pressure and faces larger armies. I believe it is not too hardcore for people still playing Medieval 2. I personally liked this kind of AI when playing DLV BB.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipO'Hayda View Post
    A! Will you be adding Ireland in there so, with the Gaelic resurgence?
    No. I already planned the 31 factions. Given that the final map wil span all the way to Galicia-Volhynia, Golden Horde and Ottomans, Ireland is left out for now.

Heedi, glad it worked for you.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 09, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

Downloaded and started playing it. It looks very promising. However, I think the crossing arrows in France, Belgium and Ireland are not realistic. Even the distance between Belgium and Dover (the narrowest) represents ~ 30 miles of open water.

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

A! to bad I'll have to keep to the mods set in the British isles for now if I want to play as the Irish haha but so far so good. really enjoyed your work.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

So I installed the mod and launched it. Went straight for a grand campaign and tried to launch one. Crashes just as it finished the loading screen with an unspecified error. Running the game from the Steam client on win10 x86 system.

Hmm, shame Really wanted to check this mod out.

Aruthiel,

Not sure if there are any differences between steam and cd version of Med2. Works for most people just fine it seems. Some mods may mess with your main Medieval 2 folder. I would suggest reinstalling Medieval 2. Check this topic: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...07-2014-update

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Aruthiel View Post
    So I installed the mod and launched it. Went straight for a grand campaign and tried to launch one. Crashes just as it finished the loading screen with an unspecified error. Running the game from the Steam client on win10 x86 system.

Hmm, shame Really wanted to check this mod out.
    It didnt run with my steam medieval 2 version either. I had different mods installed. I deleted my medieval 2 and made a new installation. Now its working also with steam. Just try it, i think the mod is worth it.

Congratulation Sandy

Did you implement an AOR system ? This is something that really lacked in DLV for me

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

I hope to see the development of this mod!

anyway have you check the units card?

Kaskad,

Glad to see you here. Yes. Read the description under "Facts". Basically, most mercenary units you see in Custom Battle are AOR available at some point in campaign. You need to conquer the respective settlements.

Julio85,

I am aware of those unit info cards. Its 2-3 hours of manual work to copy paste closest/similar looking units from vanilla ui/unit_info folder. Espercially, if you also need them to be colored according to faction. Too much work for now. I might do it some time in the future. If I ever make new units, then I will also make new unit info cards. Twice the effort. You could help, if you want. Go to DoC/data/, open export_descr_unit and check which units are available to which factions one by one and copy/paste similar cards from Med2 folder. Mercenary units go to "merc" folder (same texture regardless of faction). Once done, I can put it out together with patch v1.2 later this week. If interested...

Sandy

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Congratulations on this great release! Whenever you get to doing the Eastern Europe part we can arrange for you to use some of the Tsardoms units for factions like the Ottomans. What factions do you have planned for the final version of the mod?

Hey, Sandy. I'm downloading this tonight in hopes that I can try it out tomorrow. Very nice to see your work has come to fruition. I love the campaign map textures, by the way!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The time frame, starting date, is really good. 1330 because you go from mail, coats of plate to full plate and guns in such a short time that there is a quick sense of progression. So in that aspect, I think no other time period could be better. ^^ The map also looks very lush and alive. High frosty hills and lush forests. There are some missed nuances in my opinion here and there, which leaves out interesting faction dynamics to be desired. For example the Isles around Scotland have nothing to them. They're as innocent as a child.

I've only been able to play for some turns before it crashed, but enjoyed those that were there. I'm not really sure what kind of feedback you're looking for, other than "overall feel of the AI and campaign". I'm assuming crash stability is one crucial element. I'm sure you're aware of the historically inaccurate aspects of the current build and that it's something to be looked at later down the line, but feel free to explain. I'm a bit confused where you're at.

I'll start with this.

Bug, CTD. 1.1

I clicked around my mercenaries, specifically when I clicked on the Longbows a couple of times too many, and for some add reason the game crashed right there. Image below. Log should be in the attachment.

A couple of turns before, my UI acted strange. :S You can see my diplomat hanging out in the lower left corner for some reason. https://i.imgur.com/ciTEt17.png

~Wille
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.