Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.3 (28 Dec 2017)

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Dawn of Conquest Total War v1.1 - Released!

i just send you a pm my friend

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

here you mate, hope you like them loadingscreens.7z
    sorry for posting them here i couldnt post the attachment in PM ??

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Well done!

great work from all of you,great loading screen!

Quote Originally Posted by G|I|Sandy View Post
    Gustav Mahler,

Gameplay > History. I appreciate your suggestions. However, I prefer to leave stronger troops as one of the rewards of developing your settlements. Staying true to Deus lo Vult spirit, I will expand the map further. My aim is to get a big sandbox campaign rather than highly historical scripted campaign. Maybe someone else can take the mod in that direction eventually.

Sandy
    Thanks for your answer. Did you read Charles William Chadwick Oman's highly praised 2 volume study of ''A History of the Art of War in the Middle Ages''? In section ''History-gameplay'' If I may suggest as a proposal for Burgundy faction that it should have the best artillery in medieval times, followed by the French. Also Burgundian duke Charles the Bold had a lot of money to employ the best mercenaries across the whole Europe so he bought English longbowmen along with Flemish pikemen, extremely expensive German handgunners and had Burgundian gendarmes which were considered possibly even better than the famous and ultra quality French ones. Burgundy was historically very rich duchy since it was on a crossroad of merchant trade from the North sea to Mediterranean and across west-east axis. Burgundy also had extremely rich province of Flanders in its possession.

Gustav Mahler,

Good suggestions! As of now, Burgundy has Great Bombards (no other faction does) and Handgunners that are better than other factions' (more accurate and more damage). I am thinking to add late game elite Longbowmen to them (better than English, but less numerous and more expensive). English also got elite longbowmen.

I am adding new units across all factions. 4 tiers of barracks now, instead of 3. If you have more specific suggestions go ahead. It helps a lot.

Sandy

Will you be eliminating the arrows connecting the England and Europe, and Ireland and Scotland? Or, if not, is there design reason you may be leaving them?

I appreciate that each modder has his/her own ideas as to what they wish to see in a mod to make it perform the way they feel it should.

Rick,

Haven't touched the bridges yet (still there). What do you think? What's your experience with them? Are they useful?

Sandy

They are useful if you're not playing England. But to me they are unrealistic. The breadth of 30 miles or more of open water shouldn't be a walk-in-the-park for invaders. it makes it too easy to walk an army over and invade England. Also, armies should not be able to simply walk across major rivers. Terrain obstacles to armies are what they are, impediments to movement. Armies cannot walk across mountains, why should they be able to walk across major rivers and oceans. That's what makes strategy fun in a game like this, challenges.

I really like your mod and if it were not for the land bridges and the, somewhat unrealistic treatment of major rivers, I would probably play it to the exclusion of all other mods.

Please continue the development of this one, it shows great promise.

Rick,

The sea bridges are removed.

Sandy

That was quick. Thanks. Has the patch been uploaded yet?
    Last edited by Rick; January 29, 2017 at 02:52 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

What can we expect in the next update? Could we get a change log maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    What can we expect in the next update? Could we get a change log maybe?
    I need a couple more days to test things out. Here is roughly what's new/changed:

- Fully incorporated XCAI by Xeryx. Factions are more responsive to diplomacy and rebels are more aggressive.
    - Battlefield banners for all 10 factions
    - Recolored stratmap agents to match their faction colors
    - 4 barracks tiers. More late game troops.
    - More mercenaries
    - Building costs and times reduced
    - Reworked settlement mechanics (notably Castles generate more farm income and less trade income)
    - Rebalanced some units (minor tweaks)
    - Fixed a few potential bugs
    - Removed the sea bridges that everyone complained about

Sandy

https://archive.org/details/historyofartofwa00omanuoft the most dangerous faction should be Swiss. They destroyed one of the best medieval armies - the Burgundian army of Charles the Bold - in just 3 grand battles. Do not forget Sandy that Charles also employed his Flemish pikemen because Flanders was, at that time, partly Burgundian and he had enough money to buy free citizens as a mercenary pikemen.

Gustav Mahler,

Swiss are on the list. They are a bit farther east to be included in the expansion. Currently, Swiss pikemen are available as mercs late game. They are lighter but faster and better in melee than other pikemen, only weakness is against ranged attacks and flanking. Flemish are slower, but more protected (mails). I tried to avoid having identical units that do the same thing.

Charles the Bold was some 150 years later ~ 600 turns, if we talk about historical accuracy. Flanders were independent of Burgundy in 1330. I find it interesting that their Count was pro-French and fought on the French side, while the citizens were independent from him in practice. And yet I have to bundle them together as one coherent faction and the Count appears to be the leader of the citizen-state. History can be a pain.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 30, 2017 at 05:18 PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by G|I|Sandy View Post
    I need a couple more days to test things out. Here is roughly what's new/changed:

- Fully incorporated XCAI by Xeryx. Factions are more responsive to diplomacy and rebels are more aggressive.
    - Battlefield banners for all 10 factions
    - Recolored stratmap agents to match their faction colors
    - 4 barracks tiers. More late game troops.
    - More mercenaries
    - Building costs and times reduced
    - Reworked settlement mechanics (notably Castles generate more farm income and less trade income)
    - Rebalanced some units (minor tweaks)
    - Fixed a few potential bugs
    - Removed the sea bridges that everyone complained about

Sandy
    Awesome

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

testing 1.1 now ,i will get you feedback asap

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

any news? even a small info?

banskie100,

I just finished writing the faction descriptions. It is all ready and bug-free (i think). I have been testing the campaign and the new AI. All seems good. Fixed a few tiny bugs. Rebalanced a lot of units and their costs. I am waiting for a friend of mine to send the faction description for Flanders.

I will upload it in a few hours to let people play it on weekends. I need to write the Flanders description though... a couple of hours to write it up then clean up the folders, make a stand-alone installer and upload to ModDB.

Sandy

Great news Sandy. I really like what you have done so far, so I have been watching out for this. Can't wait to see what you have included.