Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the world changed 1890-1990 .

Default Re: How the world changed 1890-1990 .

Yes,it was incomplete .I will update it later .Thanks for posting Alwyn .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Chapter 25 .

"Whatt,helloo" Jeff Nixon shouted on the phone ."Hokkaido is a good take kid,located to the north,nobody notices" shouted Richards on the other end."Ok,i will look up there" replied Jeff .He was making a trunk call to Richards from Japan .It was amazing how you could talk to someone in New York from Tokyo .Richards new plan was simple .Post war Japan ravaged by the war needed rebuilding .While foreign companies could contribute to it,a majority stake in rebuilding was taken up by the 'Public sector companies'. The only problem was that,these companies were not allowed to deal with foreign companies .Richards had hence decided to get around this fact by purchasing and using some down to earth Hokkaido company as a front .The problem was that a politician named Mr.Fujita was getting in the middle .Fujita was a grand 60 year old man who was the son of a former Samurai .He did not want Japan's national companies to be taken over like this .Bribes would not work and so Richard had asked Jeff to use all of his skills to 'convince' him .After all it was 1950 .

"Mr.Nixon i have told you a hundred times,i want allow such illegal buisness" said Fujita .Jeff was visiting his huge mansion in the cold of Hokkaido ."I agree with you sir,but may i show you something,or rather someone?" he asked ."You may" replied the politician ."Come in" shouted Jeff .In came something which was ugly as the bird of hell .The creatures face was black and burnt .His hands haggardly hung to his side and his one leg had been destroyed ."This,Mr.Fujita is Saiko ,when the bombs fell,he was happily selling vegetables in his shop,and look what happened,but Mr.Fujita,Saiko is not the only one,look at these photos"said Jeff handing over some photos .They all contained pictures of fallen buildings and unsightly men and women from Nagasaki ."Mr.Fujita,Japan is injured,it needs help,our company will only contribute to rebuilding,we shall help to raise Japan back on its own feet,we shall built tall buildings that go up to the very fabric of the skies,and one day,one day i think,Japan will rise above the mire once more like a phoenix" said Jeff .The old man was silent ,suddenly a smile appeared on his face ."My dear man,you are damn well good at convincing,yes i will allow" said Fujita.Jeff smiled too ."But i believe that you will gift me err 2% of the cut?" he asked ."Of course,but only if you give a job to Saiko here" said Jeff leaving.Mission accomplished .He thought .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; June 27, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I wonder if this new commercial venture in Japan will succeed.

Chapter 26 .

The call was brisk .It came at 4am!The person at the other end only said these words "Mr.Matson the boss is resting with the fishes,i believe you had fallen out with him .But the family welcomes you back .We need favours from you ,so arrive at the mall at 10am for a meeting" .But for Richards this was a new opportunity .

Vincento Manzano felt the first signs of trouble when he saw Alberto Anastasia coming at the doorway at 1am .He became even concerned when the guards allowed him in .What was going on?he wondered .Was there some problem .He quickly took out his Tommy gun that he always kept hidden under the bed and quickly came out of the room .There was nobody on the first floor so he came down .Downstairs he quickly opened the front door .He barely had a moment to take his breathe before a hail of machine gun fire from all sides put him down .But in death he showed the mark of a Don .He put down 3 and injured 7 .Thus Anastasia took over the family .

At the mall Richards now an old looking man of 60 sat .All around there was a rush as several men prepared for the meeting .Carpets were laid out and drinks were served .Finally after 15 minutes Alberto came in ."Mr.Richards,Mr.Richards welcome sir .The family owes you so much,i respect you .Hope there were no paperrazi outside,i mean you got 2 billions ." he said ."No,no Mr.Alberto" said Richards emphasizing the word 'Mr' and not Don because Alberto was much more junior to him in age and more recently in power too ."I will tell it to you straight Mr.Richards .The family wants to move out from NY to Miami .We heard that 'Cosmos' group is planning to open a big hotel in Miami .People from over the entire USA will be bidding for a contract .We want you to get that contract for us and we will share half the takings with you .With your money and our power we can go far" said Alberto ."Hmm" came the answer .

For sensitive matters such as this Richards needed close people and so after decades he had called Mark Matson for direct assistance ."Ok create a new company and list it on the stock exchange" said Richards to Mark while pacing in his room while Mark sat on the bed with his handbook ready to list instructions .Mark immediately took the telephone and called his contact .When you have the money and influence like Richards Matson you can list a new company in half an hour ."Ok boss what will be the name?" he asked ."Meat" said Richards ."M.E.A.T.?"asked Mark surprised ."Yes" said Richards ."Ok then Paolo M.E.A.T" said Mark to the contact ."So what next boss" asked Mark ."I am an old man and i need a drink first" said Richards .After he drunk a shot he replied "Submit a hotel E.O.I or hotel expression of interest in the name of the new company so that we can bid to get a contract,and the next time bring a good reliable estate agent with you" said Richards .

A day later Mark was back in Matson house .Richards had chest pain and so was lying on the bed .With Mark was an estate agent ."Boss this is Mr.Anthony Fisher the estate agent ,he is the most reliable and can get you anything and he doesnt talk in the press" said Mark ."Mr.Anthony we need to buy some office space ,tell me some good options" said Richards ."What location?" he asked ."Brooklyn seafront prime location" answered Richards ."I have a good one,3000 feet with a good view overlooking the sea" said the dealer ."Something cheaper" said Richards ."1000 sq feet but it overlooks shanties" said the man ."Something cheaper" said Richards ."500 sq foot and this one has no windows or ventilations " said the man frowning ."Something cheaper" said Richards ."500 sq feet but this one is even worse ,there is a whorehouse behind it" said the man ."Something cheaper' said Richards unrelentingly .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; August 07, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Default Re: How the world changed 1890-1990 .(New big hotel update in progress) .Please give it a go .

The action keeps coming, as do the mysterious business deals. I like your idea of opening after the events involving Vincento Manzano have happened, and then taking us back a few hours to when those events were happening.

In a few places - such as when you describe what happens to Vincento Manzano - I wonder if it would be worth extending the scene a bit more. You could show the reader what it felt like to be Manzano, a ruthless Don facing the threat of imminent death. Despite his experience, was he afraid? Did he plan a way to escape or survive, an attack like this - if so, he could be thinking of his plan. This could build the tension and drama even further. I'm imagining something like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Manzano heard an odd scratching sound from downstairs, as if metal was scratching and tapping against metal. Then he heard the creak of the front door opening. Damn, he realised, someone picked the lock. He had given his housekeeper strict instructions never to oil the hinges of the front door, so he would have a warning if something like this ever happened. He imagined someone creeping along the hall downstairs, peering along the corridor and wondering which rooms were occupied. Manzano's heart was racing. He was suddenly aware of the cold, clammy feeling of sweat on his back. The corridor in front of him crossed the top of the stairs. If only I can make it along this corridor, he thought, I can get into the study at the back, open the window and escape into the back yard. They will never find me if I can get into the woods behind my house. He began to creep across the stairs. Suddenly, a man said, "Good evening, Mr Manzano. Going somewhere?"

That's just one way of extending the scene - you can probably think of better ways to do it.

Default Re: How the world changed 1890-1990 .(New big hotel update in progress) .Please give it a go .

Chapter 27.

"Now i need you to find out 4 good directors for our new company " said Richards to Mark after Anthony had left ."Okay ,any specifications?" asked Mark ."Now that you mention it yes,they should be semi retired old people from prestigious companies" said Richards ."And?" asked Mark sure that there must be an 'and' ."They should be social people who attend parties,drink liquor,have lots of lots of friends and relatives whom they meet regularly" said Richards ."And,is that it?" asked Mark ."No,they should also be people with slightly tarnished reputation or crookish,they should have been involved in atleast one lets say goof up in life" said Richards ."Ok,said Mark" .

"Ok i have the men,
    1)Mr.Emilio Visconti who worked in US steel for nearly 3 decades .
    2)Mr.Jack Hermosillo worked in standard oil for 41 years and is now semi retired .
    3)Mr.Gordon Tamsay worked in Ford for 37 years .
    4)Mr.Rick Harrison worked in many banks and is now 56 of age ."
    completed Mark . "Ok now you complete the formalities of directorship with all these people for MEAT company,dont let anyone in the market know that i am involved, and then i will tell you what to do" said Richards .

It had been a week after he had suddenly recieved directorship of a hitherto unknown company bidding for Cosmos hotel tender and at this age opportunities were far and few so Emilio Visconti had accepted the proposal .As he say thinking about this in a cafe he saw a strange Richards Matson at the same cafe .He was arguing with someone over the cafe's telephone ."****" shouted Richards loudly ,Visconti ignored ."NOOOOO" shouted Richards loudly and even dropped the glass of water in his hand on Visconti's table ."May i ask what is the matter sir?" asked Visconti to Richards politely ."My company was bidding for a tender in the new Cosmos hotel in Miami but i just found out that some unknown new company called 'Meat' have fixed the deal beforehand " said Richards walking away pausing only to peek at the look of satisfaction on Visconti's face .

'Sean Tamsay news' read the board as Richards waked inside the building .Sean Tamsay was Gordon Tamsay's brother .One ran a news paper and the other was in buisness .Over the years Gordon had leaked many of the inside deals of the market to his brother for insider trading .The two made a terrific partnership .Today it was the first day Sean had come into the office after the death of his wife so his brother Gordon who a few days previously had accepted directorship in some new company called 'Meat' had accopained him to the office ."I want to meet Sean Tamsay and i have an appointment" said Richards to the receptionist who was dressed unfortuntely in boy clothes,jeans really?"Ok he is waiting for you,go straight and then left to his office" said the receptionist .Inside Sean asked Richards while Gordon sat in a sofa in the office sipping tea ."So what inisde scoop do you have " asked Sean ."Actually i am not for buisness here today ,i believe that you are an avid reader of Plato?" asked Richards ."Yes yes i have read a lot of him' answered Sean ."Well then so is my wife,she loves Plato like a father hahahaha,would you be interested in having a discussion with her" asked Richards ."Oh,of course yes,you can send her anytime" said Sean ."Ah good,but could you give me a call,i am an old man and i can be terribly forgetful sometimes "said Richards ."Of course ' answered Sean .Then abruptly Richards got up "Now i have to leave cause i am in a hurry,i will catch up later " .As he left he dropped a letter in the chair .Forgetfullness can be used strategically at any time .
    Written inside the latter was

To Jeff,
    Do not run after the Cosmos deal,some unknown company called 'Meat' has fixed the match before it has even begun .
    Yours with sadness
    Richards .

Sean immediately showed it to his brother who looked strangely happy .Afterwards Sean pushed the letter forward for a news report in the next day's paper .

"I am recieving buy offers of $100 for the stocks of 'Meat' ,an otherwise worthless company " said Mark to Richards ."Do not sell yet ,let them bleed more" said Richards .
    The next day -"They are calling for 120" said Mark ."Okay then release small packets of shares for $150" said Richards ."Who's buying" asked Richards ."Mostly the friends ,family members and associates of the four directors " answered Mark .
    The day after that-"They are now saying $180!" said Mark ."Then release 50% of what we have to sell for minimum $200" answered Richards ."But you wont get more than this for an otherwise worthless company" said Mark ."I will take the chance' said Richards .

Ultimately the last selling price turned out to be $500! .

The four directors were feeling quesy with the stench of dirt and poverty .Why had such a prestrigious company had an office at such an infernel location .Finally they came up to the correct door in the diapalted building .Door 501 .Written above it was 'Meat pvt ltd' .But the door had a big lock on it ."Are you sure it is the right date,was the meeting today,is this the head office" voiced Rick Harrison what all four wanted to ask ."Yes everything looks in order but for god's sake there is an overflowing toilet next to the office and i can see blacks all around" answered Visconti .Finally he pried open the door .Inside was a 7 by 7 storehouse .Old rags and liquor bottles lay strewn all over and there was no window for the dense and dirty smell to escape ."I think that we have all been royally slapped,how many shares did each one of you get your friends and family to buy" asked Visconti,but they all knew the answer .There was a reason Richards Matson had named the company 'Meat' .Someone had to be cut like meat .

"Amazing ,you fooled the people,the directors and you have got a profit of 15 million for a worthless company " said Mark .'Richards smiled ."But since you spread the rumors no other company wants to bid for cosmos anymore we have the deal in our pockets,the 'friends' will be pleased ."Do you know that sometimes you have to just let go,we are not building this hotel so we are not taking the tender " answered Richards ."But the Mafia" asked Mark ."You know who else i have fooled in this deal?,the Mafia" said Richards ."But then they will be after you' said Mark ."Yes that's why your next job is to assemble a group of loyal anti Mafia lowlifes and ex-police for me" said Richards .'Why?" asked Mark ."I plan on having my own security company" said Richards .

Cutting the 'meat' .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; August 23, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

I wonder what the people who paid so much for a worthless company will do now - it sounds as if this might have been a dangerous scam to pull off.

Thanks alwyn, you are certainly doing a lot to cheer me up (by commenting) .

Chapter28 .

On January 1 1954 Richard Matson formally retired and decided to take a more background responsiblity,that of advising his juniors .Arthur Matson inherited the whole corporation and so majority shares in all of thye companies but he would only have direct control over,ie 75% of the shares held by Richards in 'BIN cigars' and 'REM drinks'(A liquor company which was converted from 'REM bottleopeners').Jeff Nixon would hold direct control over REM's Japanese holdings and 'REM autos' would be controlled by Mark Matson who was ageing .However at his retirement Arthur Matson would take control of the same .Richards now pursued a different kind of lifestyle .He purchased a huge mansion in the Bahamas which was heavily guarded by his own band of private security .It was even more secure than Z level security .The main reason was that all the people in this company were mafia haters for some reason .Ex rival gangmembers .Triads .Police whos careers had been destroyed by the mafia bosses,highly trained professionals and others .He could have moved his wife with him but she died of blood pressure a month before .Not that he loved her too much though.His marraige with her was the result of the constant nagging of his parents in the 1910s when he was still an adventurer of the great war .He also employed his spy to even closely tag his son Jack who had now got a job in a news paper .Richards also sponsered a T.V show of his own 'Legends and patriots' where veterans of both the world wars were interviewed .All the youths of the 50s who could afford the idiot box were addicted to it .Richards personally liked a young singer called Frank Sinatra whom he believed had great potential .

Frank Sinatra in the 50s .

But retirenment doesnt mean the end .

Now a billionare 5 times over Richards Matson was happy but new opportunities would arrive soon .

It was 3rd of February 1954 .It was the 8th birthday of Gregory Nixon the son of Jeff Nixon .Richards wanted to celebrate it with great pomp .Ever since his retirement he wanted to celebrate every single occasion .For the young Gregory he had got 'Wolly Willy' a new toy where in you could add features to the funny characters face by magnetic designs .The owner of the company had custom created a special one with more features and silver plated version for Richards .He also had a new kid's bike which he had got made in one of his own 'REM autos' factories .The birthday celebration was a new event unique to the post WW2 age .Kids were too pampered now .In Richards time kids were expected to grow up fast and support a family .Now childhood had become something precious to be preserved and cherished .After the cake was cut Jeff's wife served food to the neighbourhood kids and took the woman inside the kitchen for chats while the men talked in the living room .Jeff was still suffering the effect of Jet lag since it had barely been 30 hours since he had arrived in the USA from Tokyo.So he, giving some excuse retired to his drinks cabinet .As he enjoyed his solitude he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulders.It was his godfather Richards ."So i hope the jet lag has waned off" asked Richards. "Yes mostly sir"replied Jeff ."So how's buisness back there in Japan" asked Richards ."Its good sir,the politicians and the bribed commisioners have kept their mouths shut,its Zaibatsu all over again" said Jeff ."I believe that you will stay for 2 months more?" asked Richards ."Yes sir" replied Jeff. "Well then i want your help,i have a craving for some post retirement work,go have a good sleep" said Richards .

The next day early in the morning while the kid and his mom were still asleep from stress incurred due to the late night guests Richards and Jeff sat in an auto and wheeled off .The DOW Jones industrial average had crossed its 1929 value for the first time and slowly investors who earlier had refused to have anything to do with the stock market after the crash were returning .Jeff wondered why they were going out of Miami then Florida and soon into Alabama .But he knew better to ask .Soon they drove away into the countryside and at one point he felt doubts as to why they were heading towards the forest but then suddenly a few turns later they drove slowly into the sleepy town of Sylacauga .Then they drove a few lanes later to a medium sized building on the edge of town with a board written on it saying 'Uncle Papa's sauce farms'.Then Richards closed off the engine .Suddenly he said "You know why i like to fool people,its not for the money,my companies make me enough money to be a billionare a few times over but its for fun,a strange kind of fun,i cant explain". "Ok sir,but i like it too ,haha i guess,but what is this " asked Jeff clearly confused by the confession ."I will tell it to you later,first lets meet uncle Papa or Jones Maybatch " said Richards getting out of the car .But Jeff could deduct from the bodylanguage that Richards was planning to do something big out of this small tomato sauce buisness .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; August 26, 2017 at 01:11 AM.

Chapter 29 .

As they approached the building Jeff adjusted his tie when he recieved a stern look from Richards ."No,Papa Jones is an old country man,the tie may scare him,behave with humility" said Richards ."Ok" sighed Jeff .Inside the building there was one main room ahead and two rooms to each side .To the left must be some kind of storehouse and to the right.....Jeff could not discern .Richards confidently approached the main room .Inside was a simple office with another door connecting it to the processing lot .On a big simple wooden desk sat Papa Jones badly dressed like a countryman who is acting like a big city tycoon ."Welcome M.r Richards,its great to have a big tycoon such as you to my humble outfit " he said. "Thanks you,your sauce is tangy,lets get to buisness,this is my godson Jeff Nixon" answered Richards ."Welcome Mr.Nixon,so lets see,why do you want to invest in my small buisness " asked Papa."After i ate your sauce i suddenly realised that never in my life,despite being so rich had i eaten something like this,i knew at that moment that together we can take it to the sky ,besides i need some post retirement action" said Richards ."But Mr.Richards i have heard some things about your err past" said Jones."I bet its all garbage planted by my opponents" answered Richards .

"Do you know what a man called Carmine Lugganio pulled off in 1923" asked Richards ."No" answered Jeff .They were now back on the highway to Miami.Richards said"Well he persuaded people to buy shares of a cheap iron tools company in which he held many shares in May that year telling that that was the next big opportunity ,well people buyed them all right and shot up the share price from $3 a share in May to $180 in September ,then he sold off his own portfolio" ."Then what happened " asked Jeff ."He was never seen again" said Richards sniggering .

"So basically we are doing a Carmine Lugganio" asked Jeff getting out of the car ."No my godson,thats just a fraction of my grand plan,its more elaborate"said Richards and then drove away with his convoy .

Jeff finally got time to get rid of the jet lag .He spent an eventless day in sleep and tea with his wife or by playing with his son .Towards evening he got a call ."I believe that your jet lag must be cured,come on out in little Italy(The Miami one),the night is young" it was Richards .In little Italy Jeff finally tracked down Richards and his security convoy .It was 7pm .The cars were parked near a huge bread bakery called 'Ali's Turkish bread'. Written underneath was 'Premium Turkish bread available here' .Without a word he followed Richards inside .From inside it seemed that rather than being some hotel,this was a wholesale bakery with a huge kitchen and a small office area .It was evident that many square feet of office area had been sacrificed for making the kitchen mammoth in size .Inside a hard Turkish man who was obviously Mr.Ali himself gleamed at Richards with a smile."So tell me Mr.Richards why do you want to invest in my buisness ?" asked Ali after initial niceties and introductions had been done. "Simple,your bread is amazing and i want to use it for a new project of mine" said Richards and then (my readers) the same Papa Jones style talk happened .On the way back Jeff asked "What new project?" ."I will tell you,meanwhile prepare to list a new company with we owning 100% shares in............West Germany " said Richards ."What should be the name" asked Jeff ."US caf'e" answered Richards .

Then two days later they went again to a place called 'Malto's chocolate' .When Malto asked the same question of 'why me' , Richards said "My new cafe chain in West Germany will use 100% American products and i want to have the best supplier according to my requirements" .That same day they went to a place called 'American steak farm' in El Paso after an 8 hour ride from Miami .When the question was asked their the reply from Richards was "Because i need the most 'American' steak to feed the West Germans" .

"Now look Jeff,we have got 30% shares in all the four small companies,of the remaining 60% the owners are agreeing to sell 30%.The share price currently is $5,$10,$7 and $35 a share for Papa Jones,Ali,Malto and American steak respectively .Now i have buyed 7 plots of land in Berlin and Hannover and Kiel.We will spread the news that we are opening a new hotel chain called 'American Caf'e' which will spread American liberal values in the next generation of Germans so that they do not follow in the footsteps of the previous generation.We own 100% shares in this hotel chain company .cough cough cough" Richards paused for coughing ."So what happens next?" asked Jeff."Now you will take out a fat insurance for the chain .With my status and some bribery we can easily take out a loan for a building which does not exist" said Richards ."And then?" asked Jeff."Now the share prices of both the hotel chain and of the four companies will shoot up before anything has actually been constructed,then we will begin construction all the while selling off our portfolio in the now overshooted shares of the four small company and releasing 90% shares of the hotel chain thus making it a sort of a public domain company " said Richards."Then?" asked Jeff ."Do you know how sensitive Nazi word is in Germany at the moment ,an ex-Nazi crime wont even be investigated and will be punished straight away " said Richards ."Then" asked Jeff again."But Nazis arent so bad,especially when they can help in buisness or in this case help to push back American values from Germany,they will destroy all our constructions and then we will also back away and drop the whole issue" said Richards ."So what's the catch?" asked Jeff ."Before the time they destroy the constructions we will have sold our overvalued stock portfolio in the four companies,in the hotel chain and by the time we pull out we will have claimed our insurance which will never be investigated for fraud because of the involvement of an ex-Nazi" said Richards laughing which caused him to cough more ."Hah so we will now befriend ex-Nazis ?" asked Jeff ."Yes" answered Richards .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; September 20, 2017 at 09:03 AM.

I wonder whether Richards is planning to repeat what Carmine Lugganio pulled off in 1923, telling people that Pap Jones's tomato sauce company will be the next big thing.

It might be worth adding simple actions to avoid abrupt changes of subject in dialogue. For example, when Richards says "Thanks you,your sauce is tangy,lets get to buisness,this is my godson Jeff Nixon", he changes the subject abruptly. Maybe Richards and Nixon could have met Papa Jones in a cafe or restaurant run by Papa Jones's company, which uses his products. The comment by Richards could expanded to something like this:-

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"Thank you," said Richards, pushing aside his plate and licking his lips. "Your sauce is tangy, I wish I knew how you make it so delicious."

When Papa Jones started to reply, Richards interrupted, "I understand, your company cannot share your secret recipe with strangers if you want to stay in business. I have a business opportunity for you. It involves my godson here, Jeff Nixon."

That's just one way of handling the changes of subject in dialogue - you might prefer to use other ways of doing it.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 26, 2017 at 08:27 AM.

Chapter 30 .

Alfred Von Bulow prepared his equipments .The TNT had to be carefully loaded in the metal box and it had to be made sure that the wick was in good condition .Other than that the main mission would be easy .To have atleast one eyewitness Richard Matson had recruited some of the worst security guards he could find in rural America and had them transported to Berlin .Von Bulow was a Nationalist socialist .But he was one from before the fuhrer himself .He was the member of the grandfather party of the nationalist socialist party ,'THE GERMAN FATHERLAND PARTY' .Born in 1900 .He had joined the party at the age of 17 .The party was at that time the only far right party in Germany which at that time was watching as disaster loomed ahead .Then in 1918 it became the German worker's party and then finally it became the Nazi party named so by an ex government agent sent to spy on the activities of the party,Adolf Hitler.Hitler offered a glimmer of hope to all Germans like Von Bulow who had been disgrunted by the kaiser's foolish empire and the corrupt Weimar republic that followed it .Then in 1936 when the Nazis came to power Von Bulow thought that at last Germany's time of glory had come.When Poland,Austria,Denmark and Norway fell Von Bulow was happy .But when France fell in 1941 he like all other Germans was ecstatic.Never before had life seemed so great.You were happy,your nation was winning grandly and most importantly you had at last a clear goal in your life,that of living for your nation and its glory.But then Stalingrad and then defeat.Alas at least the Fuhrer was lucky to have made a final mark of servitude to Germania by sacrificing himself .But men like Von Bulow were not .Despair followed after the war in jail or in a Americanzied Germany for him until Richards Matson gave him a unique proposal .

A few weeks before that massive advertisements began to come up all over the USA and Central Europe.In Germany it was 'US caf'e come taste real American flavour' .In the USA it was 'US caf'e come and invest to make America stronger' .Hungry media tycoons and background robber investors began to look out for information and tips.It did not take long for them to find out that Richards Matson had built a web of smaller companies as suppliers in which he held many shares.They began to invest in them too.Mario Lucceti got qualified at a discreet interview for guard duty abroad with a free visa of the EU for job purposes.What Mario didnt understand was why did they select him,a crippled weak eyed who had only trinket prior knowledge of operating a gun for this important duty.Unknown to Mario,many others who got selected felt the same.

The plan went exactly as Richards Matson had predicted.The shares of 'US caf'e balloned and so did the penny shares of the four smaller companies.Investors flooded the market to buy up whatever they could.The fat insurance was easily taken.All the shares were sold for 3 digit millions .With the TNT the Neo Nazis made no mistake.Not a single brick remained of the constructions.Richards Matson for a few days pretended to be upset but later he said that "The Germans will not be happy until these Neo Nazis are not removed",hundreads came to his side when he came out from the buiding to claim insurance,many lobbied the German governmet to have an official letter of apology sent.But the whole project was still terminated.Von Bulow became an international criminal.He even left a swastika behind and sent an anonymus letter to the police about their motives.Then Von Bulow fled to Turkey to start a new life with his money.

The reparations were sent to investors,albeit somewhat less than what they had invested.But none the less they were happy to get something out of the worst deal of the decade.Richard Maton's reputation was harmed but he had quietly kept out any mention of his chain of REM companies out of this deal repeatedly saying that it was his personal project.Even though it left him richer by several millions nobody qustioned this new influx of wealth.Only a few men smelled a rat.All but one of them bonded together for revenge.
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; September 20, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

I wonder what the TNT will be used for and what Matson's proposal will be.

Chapter 31.

Radio interview of retired business tycoon Richards Matson on the popular show "Your experience"

Interviewer-It is indeed unfortunate what happened to Mr.Richards Matson,who is with us today on the eve of the coming of the official letter of apology from the West German government.So Mr.Matson how are you feeling at the moment.

Richard -Pity sir pity.

In-May i ask why?

Richard-The East Germans are nurturing reds on their lands but now we understand that the West Germans are nurturing something similar,Neo Nazis.

IN-The West Germans have sent an official apology to you and the White house,what is your stand on that.

Richard-Atleast they had the courtesy to do that.

IN-Do you feel sad.

Richard-Yes,because it harmed my reputation.

IN-But Mr.Matson,several of your loyal investors,associates and the general public say that they will still support you,i think that your reputation remains intact.

Richard-Yes thanks to all my loyal friends and investors.But i am still sad.

IN-Why sir?

Richard-I could not bring American values to West Germany.

After the interview Richards Matson presided over some school inaugration and then he and his posse of 8 cars with heavily armed men came to the highway to travel back to Florida(The interview and inaugration was in Virgiania).Towards noon he asked his posse to leave "I will be fine" he said and only his loyal bodyguard team of four stayed with him along with he driver. They travelled for some time on the highway alone when suddenly a roadblock blocked them."Whats it,pay them whatever money they want and lets get going fast" he said to the driver.But the driver smiled.Suddenly out of nowhere 8 men emerged from the block with guns in their hands.For privacy in the backseat he had fitted a curtain between the front and backseat,due to digestion problems,today he had told his bodyguards to be at the back while he enjoyed the air at the front.The driver then opened the curtains.Inside was another man with a gun with four dead bodies.Suddenly the driver took out a handkercheif and then all was black.

Richards was back in his childhood.1901 ,his father had just returned from office.He had closed it early to mourn the death of President William Mckinley.Some socialist called Leon Czolgosz had murdered him because he believed Rockfeller,JP Morgan ad Andrew Carniege had fixed the election against Brian.The news had arrived by telegraph to his fathers office.His father looked concerned too.The new President Roosevelt might impose strict limitations on the power of business .But all these hardly concerned the young Richards,how would it harm him.He was content that his toy soldiers led by Meade were giving a hammering to Lee and his devilish confedrates or that clockwork train purchased from General electric was moving perfectly to bring down reinforcements upon the field.His mother lit the stove and began to run around to fix a drink for his father lest he channel his anger upon the household.Suddenly his friend called out from outside "Mr.Matson,Mr.Matson come come" .But why were they calling him 'Mister'?

He woke up.As he looked down he noticed that he was in a small garage and was tied up and gagged.Standing in front of him were these people from left to write in order Alberto Anastasia,Papa Jones,Mario,his driver,some unknown French man and two gunmen."Ah,i know you would be shocked Mr.Matson,but before everything else let me show you this lovely photo my men just took form Ankara" said Anastasia and showed him the photo of a corpse.It was the bullet ridden corpse of Alfred Von Bulow."You villian,i knew it from the time first saw you,but am old and i made a foolish decision of agreeing to your partnership" said Papa Jones."I had to stay in jail as a suspect for 3 months in West Germany because of you you scammer"said Mario."I had invested so much in your worthless garbage company" said the unknown Frenchman."You unloyal coward,it is time to die"said Anastasia."I know everything about you and i have it on these papers here,i am going to leave the information that cheap Neo Nazi gave us on your corpse".said Alberto.Then all of them raised their guns .Cocked them hard and Richards closed his eyes.There was gunfire and all was silent.No.No he wasnt dead yet.He slowly closed his eyes and looked around him.In front of him was a lone gunman.He looked triumphant with his gun in his hand.Around Richards were the dead bodies of all his foes.Suddenly Richard's eyes went up to the gunman,no it couldnt be him,was it really him,Arthur!

"Thanks,son blood saves blood after all,so you want to rejoin me eh" said Richards after he had been untied."Fat chance of that you villian,i am sherrif around here,i am just performing the duty of the law.I work both,as a sherrif and as a newspaper journalist,i dont want your money and one day i am gonna expose you" said Jack.As he turned to leave Richards asked "Then why did you save me?" ."Once i am done with exposing you you devil,you are gonna die a thousand deaths" and he left.

20 minutes later Jack still hadnt arrived with the team of policemen he had promised he would come with.Suddenly Richards saw that he hadnt noticed the parcel of information at all.Quickly he took out a REM Lighter and burned it all.It burned rapidly forming carbon and black ash.Suddenly the phone in the garage ringed.Quitely Richards picked it up .On the other end a voice blared "Don Alberto,why did you not make a single backup of that information,we could have used it,what if that information got lost,we would not be able to expos Matson then"."Fat chance Mafia scum"replied Richards before putting down the reciever.
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; September 20, 2017 at 09:43 AM.

Chapter32.

After the West Germany affair,Richards Matson decided to retreat to mysterious Japan for some time.Jeff gave him a grand reception at his Tokyo office.He even prepared a smaller cabin for himself so that Richard could use the bigger one."But i dont need a cabin,i am retired" said Richards now worth 6 billion."I know you are retired boss,but i know that your retirnment is not like any other"said Jeff as both laughed."So,how's the 'Hokkaido Sai Kochiku'(Hokkaido,rebuilding company) doing"asked Richards."Good,we are bagging several important contracts ,we bagged one for an industrial area in Hakodate,one in Nigata,but the biggest one is in Osaka,we recived with the help of some bribes,a contract to build a new slum redevelopment complex,it would be huge and highly profitable to us as the government is demanding a very small cut"said Jeff."Good"said Richards."But there is a small problem" said Jeff."What?" asked Richards."Its not easy to convince people to leave their illegal slum homes for a redevelopment which they feel is risky"said Jeff."That can be taken care of' said Richards smiling.

And the years passed.Richard Matson remained in Tokyo until 1959 expertly making moves to ensure that the Hokkaido company stayed profitable.In 1956 he sensed that the rebuilding was almost over and so instructed Jeff Nixon to convert the company into a coal based electric company instead.Japan during this time imported a lot of coal.But there was one particular quota which Richards was interested in.This quota allowed agents to select which coal was imported into Japan.Now these agents made a fortune selling this coal to the government.But now in a self produce scheme the government had decided to quit listening to these agents and stop this quota replacing it with either US(Which was not considered foreign) or Japanese coal.It was time for Richards to 'do something' again.As he said "A hero is made in times of distress".
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; October 22, 2017 at 10:48 AM.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I am up thru chapter 15. More to read of course, but I thought it best to make some comments.

I liked the idea in general of the story. Fools gold and more into the post WWI era. Fortunes made a bit on the sly. I keep wondering when it will end and not in a good way. If this was a movie in the age of the censor it had to end in a very bad way. Of course this is not under those restraints, so I am still guessing and wondering.

I liked the forest land in N Carolina. A bit of swamp land in Florida with a twist.

Good work! I hate to admit that you seem to be writing faster than I can read. Well that is a good sign for you if it also may mean a bit about my reading.

Thanks so much for reviweving norse thing.I would give a 1000 reps if i could.At last i got what i needed.Your comments are like fuel to me.They inspire me soo much.Alwyn has to be given credit too.He comments regularly too.It is okay if you comment without finishing reading it whole.

But please keep commenting.
    thanks

Chapter 33.

"Sir" said Jeff one day after office hours."Yes i know there is something you wish to speak,i noticed that you kept late in the office today but the servant told me you were in the canteen"said Richards.His voice creaked now,old age was apparent."Yeah,we have a problem sir"said Jeff."What?"asked Richards."We are being targeted by a bunch of renegades,a certain Tonbaku tribe,they say that the coal plant in Hokkaido is hampering their religious beliefs"said Jeff."Tell me more Jeff,Jesus you still havent learned after all these years..........................aha sorry,i am an old man of 69.I do lose my temper sometimes."said Richards.Then Jeff replied"Ok sir,your words are always good no matter the tone,so...the Tonbaku are an indegenious Ainu tribe ,but among the Ainu they are the most martial.They never officially recognised the Meiji government because they thought that foreigners will ruin Japan.After WW2 they are now confident in the thought that they were right all along.Now they view our coal plant as being both,a natural and moral pollutant to their sacred land.A local leader of the Tonbaku,Nigeru Mayano is now campaigning against us in a not so peaceful way,he is making direct threats.And you know how lousy the police in Hokkaido are.Also,he is saying.............................."."STOP"shouted Richards suddenly."Pardon again,but i suddenly found a way to solve all our problems ,killing two birds with one stone"continued Richards."How" asked Jeff."Aha,have you heard St.Helena"asked Richards."Yeah,Napolean was exiled their"said Jeff."Precisely 'Exiled'"said Richards .A minute later he had left leaving a surprised Jeff alone in the dimly lit office.

The spy had almost settled in daily life in the 1950s and was too old do any more jobs when he got a call from his boss."I need someone fitter than you,but with as many brains as you to do a new job"his boss had said.The spy could still not forget the way he had done the job on that inspector."Yes sir,any other specifications"asked the spy meekly."Apart from youth i also need someone comfortable for foreign work"his boss said before putting down the call.

Osaka,an old town.It was here that Tokugawa Yoshinobu lost Japan.It was also here that some special families operated some special business.Naito Katsumoto was one of them.From Italian American marines the Yakuza had learned that the Cosa Nostra operated a commission to do better business.So like all other young Japanese of the era they blindly copied even this American way of life.And even though their rag tag united meetings where nowhere near the discipline of the commission of the Mafia it did make business overall.But Katsumoto was the unfortunate man.His family was the weakest in Osaka.Until suddenly the man came.He was a middleman.He said his boss had an offer.That his boss could make Katsumoto the Capo Di Tutti.When Naito asked the meaning of the words the man had said 'King of all'.

Akimasa Aki was was a loan shark.Imagine his surprise when at 6.00 in the morning he got a call directly from the main boss.Apparently some little laundry owner called Hokate Mayano owed a lot of money to Akimasa.The boss had told him to watch him at all times and make sure that he keeps loaning more money to that man until the boss's next orders.Akimasa knew him,he was from the northen provinces,a small time drunk laundry owner,why he was so important to the boss ,Akimasa did not know,his job was not to know but to do.

Precisely a few days before the new spy had been in a donation center in Sapporo in Hokkaido with a huge bag of money.Money as they say can be the best way to built up trust.His target ,a local leader was in front of him profusely thanking him,the spy's job was simple,find out as much about this man as his talents could allow him to.

"Mayano can get violent at any time"said Jeff as they were tasting some green tea in Richard's new Japanese resort,a part of the excess loot of the rebuilding process."Let him,but initially he wont do much"said Richards."Pardon sir,but after all i am the owner of the venture,i must understand what plan you have in mind though i know its gonna be good and twisted at the same time"said Jeff.Suddenly the glass in Richards hand dropped.He choked and coughed and held his heart.Minutes later his bodyguards and attendants rushed in to take him to his private room.Amongst the rucus and confusion Jeff never saw the grin on Richard's face.

On January 7 1960 Mayano and his people threw stones at Richard's electric company.Despite only a few stones being thrown ,the electricity was cut off.On January 9 Richard's announced all coal agents and his allies in Japan to stop supplying coal to his Hokkaido plant.On January 10,he called a huge meeting of all the major Japanese electric and coal businessmen and agents.(The contents of the meeting will be edited in later,maybe..!)

Last edited by Owlparrot3; October 23, 2017 at 09:30 AM.

Chapter34.

It was wonderfull.It was amazing.The old veterans of Japan,who longed for their pre war peaceful rural life could never have been happier.At the same time at 11.00 am on january 11,the lights went off.'Temporary government loadshedding was what the papers would say the next day.
    By 9.00 pm that day,the officials of the government were literally begging for Richards and his syndicate to stop.By midnight papers were signed,glances were exchanged ,'The self produce' scheme was officially taken down.The agents of coal importation were back in business.It was a heroic victory for Richards Matson,already a master,now he gained the tile of 'Legendary thinker'.But those who knew him better said 'Legendery swindler'.
    A few days later new postcards begun to appear all over the village of Tonbaku in Hokkaido ,the home of the Tonbaku Ainu people."Oh bravehearts,Vacate your home here and gain plush modern apartements in Osaka with new facilities for free,also gain full reparation for your homes here'.

It sounds like Richards Matson is still alive, despite his collapse in the previous chapter - and that he is continuing to get what he wants. I wonder if he has a long-term goal, beyond winning in each individual situation. I also wonder whether there are any police detectives or rival businessmen who are good enough to (potentially) stop him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast