Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How the world changed 1890-1990 .

Default Re: How the world changed 1890-1990 .

Chapter 12 .

It was Vicent Mangano’s relative’s wedding in 1938 .Present at the wedding among others were Richards Matson ,Jack Matson,Arthur Matson(born in 1925) ,Tom Nixon,Jeff Nixon ,Mark Matson and another broker .”So can you explain why are we at this mobsters wedding,and why the hell have you brought the children and my unworthy brat “asked Tom taking the sip of wine ,obviously he was very angry about the secret company and investments of his son .”Cmon Tom quit crying,this has got nothing to do with the mob,its just that godf….,I mean Vincent Mangano happens to be his relative,nothing more .”answered Richards .”Anyway ,while the groom is still redying lets discuss some business .First of all Mark I want to start an investement in a new venture called ‘REMRE’,for long I have wanted to invest in this gold mine “said Richards .”What is REMRE”asked Mark .”REM real estate ,after all these years I finally have the money to invest in real estate,in a few years time we are going to be fabulously rich “said Richards .Everybody was shocked,it was one thing for an experienced hand to dabble in real estate and another for a man running a cigars company to dabble in real estate .The fact that he had made this declaration so cooly in a wedding while eating steak shocked them more .But only Tom knew from the 1910s that a man like Richards Matson could do anything .”I will soon declare this during the REM shareholders meeting,I plan to make it the biggest shareholders meeting possible .Another thing ,I am going to appoint Jeff Nixon in a very important place ,his father who is an employee in REM has never seen his spark .”said Richards .Jeff was happy, but this time Tom nearly fainted .

The scene was in a small room near the wedding chapel later that night .Inside were only two men .One was eating nuts and the other drinking wine .The first was a man in his 40s and the second was exactly 50 .The room was dark with just one small light coming out of a marriage bulb .”Godfather,I need help’said Richards the second man .”What?”asked Vincent .”The workers are going out of control day by day,they were good during the depression but nowadays they are being affected by the reds,but somebody is inspiring them for sure,an insider,i suspect the manager”said Richards .”So,what do you want”asked Vincent Manzano .”I know that the family owns some of the labour unions ,I want to have a stake too”said Richards .”Its not easy,you have to first prove to the workers that you are a good boss “said Vincent .Seeing Richards strange look he said further “Or atleast pretend so,hahaha”said the Don unable to control his laughter .

Even later in the night at 2am Jeff Nixon got a call through the telephone in his room .Rousing from his sleep he picked it up irritated .”Whos it”he asked .”Its me Richard Matson”said the voice .”Oh sir,what is it so late in the night”asked Jeff .”I order you to move outside your fathers house immediately ,now that you are in the company this may cause problems ,Tom is a man who gets jealous quickly ,even of his own son ,look I have arranged for a small room of your own in Brooklyn and you must go there tomorrow .”said the voice .”But…..”the phone line had gone dead .

The manager of Bin Cigars flagship factory MR.Alfred Houston was bored .It was closing time but a few workers were busy first aiding an injured worker .Foolish workers .Why are they so fidgety .Then they use the company first aid kits for free .Serfs he thought .Finally he got up to leave and closed of his own office .As he neared his car he saw 2 men coming at him from ahead .When he looked back he saw 2 more men with knives .He quickly opened the door of the car and stepped in only to be greeted by a masked man “You have a private interview “he said .

Richard Matson breathed heavily in his mask .It had been a quite abduction .Manzano had arranged for everything .So as to not give away his identity he had asked Richard to wear a mask,wear heeled shoes to confuse his height and to stand behind a glass pane in the dungeon in Manzano’s factory to change his voice .”So Mr.manager ,tell me how did the workers receive ‘Communist manifesto’and ‘Das capital’ books printed by a Russian author in Britian for free ,tell the truth because this will be the difference between life and death,we are from the CIA’s new anti communist branch” asked Richards in a deeper voice .”I don’t know ,somebody gave the books to the men when I was at lunch”said the manager clearly tensed .”Loosen him up”ordered Richards .The brute man standing next to the manager picked up a crowbar .”I AM TELLING THE TRU….”cried the manager as the crowbar came with a thud on his leg .”One more chance,speak up man”said Richards .”Yes I am telling the truth”said the manager writhing in pain .Richards motined to the brute man .The man picked up a tooth remover .”NOOOO”cried the manager as the brute violently came in his mouth and removed his front tooth in a minute .”I will sayeesh “said the manager .”Spaek up or I will remove all 32 teeth “said Richards .”I gost a casll ,from somebody sayssing that I wils get $20000 fsoor dossing it ,it was somessbody imsportant “said the manager (the spellings are because of pain in mouth due to torture) “That’s enough for me,Fredo take him away”said Richards as he left .As Richards left Fredo took up his pistol .”NOOOOOOO”cried out the manager .He was never seen again except for some hungry crocs in the New Orleans swamps .Thats how Jeff Nixon got a job as the head manager at the flagship factory with strict instructions not to tolerate any communist ideas .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; March 02, 2017 at 08:07 AM.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Longer stories ahead .I don't want to hurt Russian sentiments .This is not a spam but a "seperate" post to clear my intentions .

Chapter 13 .

Richards looked elated seeing the huge amount of shareholders .Yes his company was among the top 20 in the USA .Top 50 in the world .Soon he would reach the top .His company would be among the top 10 in the USA one day .Adjusting his tie he started .”REM family,I bow to thee,do you know it’s the first time such a large shareholders meeting is happening in New York,do you know why”said Richards .After a slight pause he continued “Because REM family is THIS large,that it does not fit into any ordinary place”then he said in a welcoming voice “Everybody is welcome”further he said “And our friends who have came from the west,a special thanks to them……Do you know sometime, some time before REM was in loans .Car loans,Income loans,operating loans,so I came to you with my begging bowl,what did you people do……..you emptied treasuries ……the result ,TODAY WE ARE INDEPENDENT,we do business with our own money,our money and our profits “the crowd went mad cheering wildly .”But I know that you people are not happy yet”said Richards .”We are happy”shouted somebody from the back .”No,no you are not happy noooo…..YOU PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY ONLY WHEN WE EXPAND MORE,LIKE IN THIS CASE IN REAL ESTATE” said Richards .The crowd cheered again .”So what is the verdict of REM family,lets open another business?,WANT TO BECOME AMONG AMERICA’S TOP 10 COMPANY”SAID Richards .”YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS”the crowd cherred .”My men I am old now,I cant hear you “ said Richards .”YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS”cherred the crowd .Then bowing to the audience Richards left .”Bulls eye”he thought .

“Its somebody from the inside “said Richards .”Are you sure”asked an old Edward who had liquidated his personal company to invest in his sons company .Yes despite having so many other people,his father was the only person he could talk to about this .”I am suspecting some people,its either Mark or Jeff or ………….”said Richards unable to talk further .”Whats the official name of the caller ?”asked Edward to Richards who had checked the trunk call lists .”Nomi Takon “a spanish person .”It may even be that Cuban man whom you had made a fool of” said Edward .”Maybe”said Richards leaving the room .

“The plot is good”said Richards to Mark and Tom .They were at their first real estate site .They had acquired it cheaply .”Lets hope it all goes well”said Richards .”Of course it will”said Tom .”Hope you people know about the communist thing in our midst ,why are you so shaking Mark ?”asked Richards .”I have this problem of BP”answered Mark .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; March 02, 2017 at 08:34 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

It sounds like Richards has built a powerful business empire. I wonder if there was a police investigation into the disappearance of the manager. Perhaps the fear of Communism will cause Richards and his brutal men to torture and kill a series of victims. Is Richards bribing the police, is his status as a successful businessman protecting him or is there another reason why he has not been investigated?

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It sounds like Richards has built a powerful business empire. I wonder if there was a police investigation into the disappearance of the manager. Perhaps the fear of Communism will cause Richards and his brutal men to torture and kill a series of victims. Is Richards bribing the police, is his status as a successful businessman protecting him or is there another reason why he has not been investigated?
    When a man like don Manzano is directing the proceedings why fear the police .Richards is not doing anything directly .The cosanostra mafia is doing everything for him .They have every cop on their payroll .

Chapter 14 .

“We have been gyped”said Arthur Dawson Richard’s new advisor .”The land that you bought in Carolina is soon to go under as forest land “he continued.Richards had recently bought some lush land in Carolina for his real estate business but after calling some people Arthur had found that the reason the seller had sold it so cheap in a hurry was that he had got inside information that it was soon to go under as forest land .It was a new thing these days,conserving areas for forests ,the year was 1939.”Oh,that’s bad,ok you keep working,I will see the problem and deal with the bastard “.said Richards .

Jack Matson was happy ,he was at a great Sunday brunch at his friends house,the Dawsons .His friend Robert Dawson had invited him that Sunday .He didn’t know that this Sunday would turn his life around .At brunch he ate a great meal talking with the Dawsons who were good men .Robert’s father worked at his father’s office .After the brunch he lay lazily on the lawn of the house with Robert talking like old women .”Do you know ,my father worked at a shipping business before,there his boss was so corrupt that the company closed down ,he was almost in tatters when he suddenly received this great job offer and life turned good for us “said Roberts .”Good for you ,I really dislike corruption ,it destroys not only the body but also the soul “answered Jack .”Huh,big words from your mouth ,how do you think your father ,the son of a middle class broker became so rich despite the upheavels of the previous decades? “asked Roberts .”Through ummm hardwork? said Jack in a questioning tone .Roberts replied”That’s a joke,you don’t even know half the man your father is then,but I do ,I have heard many things from my father’s collegues and I have a great interest in reading old newspapers of various countries ,wait I will tell you from what I know ,the story begins in New York in 1914 ……………….”

Richards looked forward to going home today .His son Jack had called him for a house’ meeting’.He liked how his son Jack had grown up .He had carefully distanced his children from the business ,but soon it would be time to introduce his heir Jack into it .He was 15 after all .As for his other son,he was only 14 yet .”We have reached sir”said his driver in a low tone.Then paying the man his monthly fees ,he got down and walked to the gates of his mansion .

“Are you corrupt,did you fool hardworking people for money ,is this home and your ‘empire’ bought from the same blood money ,is this house in which I live bought from people’s blood ?”asked Jack loudly .”What are you blabbering ,it looks like someone has filled your ears ,how many times I have asked you not to hang out with those German boys”said Richards .”Just answer the question swering by god ,Yes or No “said Jack .”Look Jack its not like that I can explain ,I was going to tell you all about……….”.”Yes or No”asked Jack again .”Jack look………………..” “Yes or no”asked Jack.”Its not like how you imag……..””YES OR NO”shouted Jack .Then he continued .”So you are corrupt ,you stole people’s money and lives and souls, OH GOD WHAT SIN HAVE I COMMITED THAT YOU ARE MY FATHER ,no I would rather beg on the streets than live in this bloodstained house “.Then he got up and went to the bedroom and closed his door .’Well he will cry for a night ,I will give him a new gold watch tomorrow ,that will make him happy again ‘ thought Richards to himself and he got up .Suddenly Jack burst out of his bedroom ,in his hand was a suitcase .”Jack what are you doing “said Richards .He did not answer as he walked towards the main door .”Jack don’t do anything stupid,don’t leave me ,JACK,JACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK “shouted Richards .But Jack never looked back .Meanwhile Richards fell to the floor .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; March 13, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

Chapter 15 .

“I have conducted the search that you wanted,the forest division incharge likes piano and Beethoven era music “said Tom .”I am giving you an address in Austria,go there and get me the person living there as fast as you can .I have arranged a RAF mail to take you to Paris ,from there on take a fast train to Vienna “said Richards .”And here is a package,it contains $5000”he continued .

A few weeks later Richards found himself in the posh green mahogany office of the officer in charge of forest division .With him was another man Frau Bellis .For some time they waited patiently sipping the complimentary tea .After a few minutes the officer arrived .”So tell me man ,what brings you here “he asked .”I am here because I am a fellow piano lover ,MR.Frau Bellis ,a great Austrian piano man is a descandent of Beethoven through one of his sisters .I am sponsoring him,I thought that you would like to give him 10% of the sponsorship ,and I the other ninety “.said Richards .”Of course my man,but lets see how he plays a piano “said the officer .On that cue,Frau quickly clapped and Richards servants came inside holding a large beautiful piano with gold embossed on its side .Then Frau started working on it .His fingers worked methodically hard,though they had a delicate softness in them .Soon the sound coming from that piano took everyone present in the room to the 7th heaven .After what seemed like just a few moments,he stopped .For a few moments there was silence,then a clapping sound was heard .”Bravo my boy bravo”said the officer clapping .”You are indeed worthy of sponsorship ,I will surely do it MR. Matson”said the officer .”Thank you sir,my pleasure “said Richards and got up .”One more thing MR.Richards ,if you need anything from me,just feel free to ask “said the officer .

”Now that you ask sir “said Richards smiling .

Two minutes later .

“Well I cannot do just that Mr.Richards ,in any other case I would have helped you ,butt ,this is a very sensitive land .The orders are coming from way up .Even if we do it ,public and local outrage will be huge ,people nowadays are getting more concerned about animals than humans ,sorry”.said the officer with a frown .”Well then we can have an alternate arrangement ,just now I thought of a plan ,sir “said Richards .”What?” asked the officer .”Nowadays people manufacture all kinds of things ,even homes ,I heard that somewhere in Los Angeles county a bunch of homeless fools have started what they call a ‘Trailer park ‘ .They use this motorized vehicles as their homes,hang out,drink,smoke and do merry ,personally I don’t like this thing ,but it fits right in with the kind of ads that my cigars company has ,what if I start one there,it will not technically be occupied land but it can still be lived upon by people .We are not technically harming the animals and forests in any ways and yet my business can prosper ,what do you think of it,I will give you shares of the park later too ?” said Richards .For the second time in the meeting the officer said “Bravo my man ,bravo” .

“This is a good plan “said Tom the next day on being asked by Richards about the meeting .They were at Richards parent’s house.”The poor have to get their rights ,its time the poor workers got a place to live in ,a place to have fun in and the farmers also get their forests ,I am proud of it “he continued .”Yeah man,thanks for supporting me “said Richards .”It’s a noble cause”said Tom .”Ok you must scoot now,ma is angry for some reason “said Richards .

After he left,Richards dialled the number of Vince Mangano .”Be ready to interrogate and asses ,we have our man ,I cant believe it was him all along “said he over the phone .”Ok”answered Mangano
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; March 19, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

Good updates! Your latest chapter made me wonder what was said during those ten minutes!

Chapter 16 .

“So what do you think of it” asked Richards to his second son Arthur .”It’s a cool idea dad,I really like it,it will earn us big bucks later on ,the trailer park is true innovation ,it can for example be used for honeymooners to rent trailers while taking the beautiful sights of the lake ,poor people can live there,youngsters could party there ,it will soon become very famous,we could even build things like a swimming pool,bar or carpark there and oh yes a tennis ground too “answered the 15 year old Tom .”And …..”said Richards with fear .”What if I tell you all these things,in fact the house,the clothes that we are wearing are bought with money stolen from people,by illegal frauds,by conning people of their hard earned money ,by just cheating “he asked further .There was a heavy silence for some minutes .All of a sudden the bubble burst “Hell what does it matter Sir ,even Pope Alexander was a sinner,you cant get rich without hell,you have to get rich in the dark,money is money ,you make it,you keep it,nobody asks any questions “Arthur replied .’Annnnd I have a heir’ thought Richards silently ,very happy on the inside .

The man was walking down the road leading up to his house on 3rd avenue in New Jersey .His steps were cool and calm .He walked like a man of a certain inner confidence .In the dark road,his coming was like the sudden incoming of a beacon .But there were two more souls there on the street.Unlike this man,they were not virtuous like him .Hell even this man wasn’t that virtuous ,but those two other souls were like coal in a burning furnace .Darkened and black ,with fire in their hearts .As the man walked they discreetly followed him .Soon the man reached a payphone on the street .This was the point where the street was the darkest .As the man took up the phone and dialled the number ,the two other men quickly sneaked up behind him .The man had a split second to react before the first man put a garrot wire around his neck even as the other man clicked out the phone .For some time the man screamed and shouted .But not much ,he quickly gave in .Within a minute he was dead and gone.Then the men proceeded to slit his throat with a knife and take all of his money and valuables .After that they quietly went back the way they had came .

“Buy 120 shares of US Steel “shouted Richards over the phone like he did daily .After opening his own company he had stopped dealing in the share market ,but he still dealt a bit,just for fun .All of a sudden his private phone ringed .’Oh whos it now,must be Arthur,he must have got into trouble again,should put him in business soon ‘he said to himself as he picked up the phone .But it was not Arthur ,it was a female voice .”Richards come quickly ,Tom ………”It was Tom’s sister .”What about Tom “he asked .”Tom ,they have murdered him “ she shouted over the phone .”What,oh no,hold on im coming”shouted Richards .Before leaving he took up his pen and paper,dusted his clothes and dialled another number .”Good job”he said ,putting down the phone .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; March 22, 2017 at 09:51 AM.

Chapter 17 .

Tom Nixon’s funeral was held at the New Jersey cemetery where many a rich and famous had made six feet of dirt their home .Tom didn’t have much relatives,but there were a whole lot of people at the funeral .Apart from Jeff and Tom’s sister who were his only living relatives ,a whole lot of other people were present .His friends from New Jersey .His business clients had come since he was one of the biggest shareholders in ‘REM’ company .Richards and his family were present too .After saying the prayers ,the priest stopped and stepped back to allow the people to bury him in his mahogany coffin graciously given by Richards .On it were written the words ‘Tom you were a great friend for life ,I will never forget you ‘ .But nobody present there did,or would ever notice what was written on the inside of the box .Written inside were the words ‘This is what happens to backstabbing communists ‘.

“Oh god ,a big businessman killed by a street thug “exclaimed Berry Thomson the deputy policeman to his silent calculative master Paul Connor .But Paul remained silent .For some time he said nothing and then suddenly his eyes lit up and he said .”This is not a robbery gone wrong” .”What….”said Berry .”Its not what we think,a robber doesn’t kill with a wire .I have seen enough murders to know that this is the job of the Mafia “he said .”When I find the murderers im gonna hang them,then whoever they are or however powerful they are “continued Paul as Berry remained silent in shock .

“I know that you are feeling bad about your father Jeff,I never had a better friend than him ,seeing him get killed saddens the deepest corners of my heart but I know that that is nothing compared to the pain that you may be feeling now “said Richards to Jeff who had relatively recovered after 3 days but still in shock and grief .”My poor father,what had he ever done,who killed him”said Jeff .”Don’t worry I have contacted the New Jersey police,they are on the job ,but henceforth from today on,you are nothing but my own son,just as your father supported me in my struggling time,just like that I will be your father till I live “said Richards .Caring for nothing else Jeff put his hands lightly around Richards neck as if hugging in a manly fashion .

A few months later on 7th December 1941 Richards was sitting with Jeff ,Arthur and Mark at a family lunch .The ladies were inside discussing something in loud voices .The radio was on .It was the giants vs Dodgers match and all three of them were listening with interest to it .Suddenly the radio went blank .”Oh no,another interruption,why does this happen just at the time of the important match and not during the silly operas ‘exclaimed Mark .But the radio suddenly came to life .On it they heard something terrifying ‘We interrupt this program for some important news ,the Japanese have attacked Pearl harbour by air,president Roosevelt has just announced that they have also made significant military activities in the military base at Ohau .Casualties are as yet uncalculated ,but they are significant told a message ‘ .The other 2 were in shock .But Richards was confident “Oh good,more business opportunities ,my life is great “he exclaimed .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 08, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

Chapter 18 .

A few days later when Richards went to office he was confronted by an anxious Mark .”Richards we have got a notice from a certain Mr.Birhingham that since now he owns a majority stake in REM realestate he is now making some major changes ,how is that” .”Mark ,do you know how despite being forbidden by the Paris treaty Hitler made weapons and is fighting a war he is gonna win.Because he created them in secreacy .Likewise I have made some moves in secrecy .I knew in 1939 itself that this war will soon involve the USA .I had went to this Mr.Birhingham for a completely unrelated task in his office .He ran a automotive business .But he was more interested in politics than in running the family business .Currently he occupies a minor post in politics .He felt that a real estate business would do great to his political carrear .So we decided to exchange shares .At a very slow rate of just a few shares a day we slowly exchanged our companies .All this because I believe that now in war time the Automotive industry will be the greatest .In fact I was going to declare this to everyone in a conference in just a few days .”replied Richards calmly .”But why did you hide it from us”asked Mark .”Its my company,some moves are best played alone,SMALL cousin”said Richards .”But he only owns 97% stake ,why not 100”asked Mark .”Why do you think the conference is a few days later and not now”replied Richards .”There are still a few shares to be exchanged”said Richards .”One last question,what minor post does this Mr.Birhingham occupy”asked Mark .”He is the secretary of the officer in charge of forest land”replied Richards .

And so the conference was held .It was a grand occasion .Boring for kids .Richards told the same thing that he had told to Mark in more beautiful words .During the whole period though Richards observed that Mark Matson was somewhat silent .After the conference Richards approached him and asked “Whats the problem,why so hot cousin” .”Sir,there’s a problem ,we have police trouble”then coming nearer to Richards he said “That inspector Paul Connor has caught Guiliano ,the henchman of the mafia who killed Tom,his godfather and your friend the Don has abonded him because he went out with the Don’s cousin’s daughter” .”Oh no,give this man some pocket money and lets be done with him,he doesn’t have any solid evidence of me anyways,the henchman doesn’t know for sure who ordered the hit ,he murdered Tom directly on the orders of the Don “said Richards .”That’s the problem sir,he is a straight one,migrated from New England to here some years ago ,doesn’t drink ,doesn’t smoke ,doesn’t eat much meat either and he is also loyal,a stable marriage for 11 years ,the air of New York has not yet gotten into him “replied Mark .”A male cant be that straight ,he has to have some vice hidden deep under layers of insulation ,he is soo loyal that makes me wonder if………….YES ,if there is not a straight route then you find a twisted one”said Richards.”What do you mean by that?”asked Mark .Then Richards replied”Come nearer let me tell you…………..”.

“Its hugeee ,what a big secret you had hidden from us sir”said Jeff Nixon marvelling at the massive automation factory that was now well and running .”Yes it is ,what do you think of it Mark”said Richards looking at his cousin .”Its great ‘said Mark .Richards had taken the 2 of them with him for the first time to ‘The Birhingam autos ‘ company which was now renamed ‘REM Autos’.”Well you have a bigger task Mark,what permissions and other stuff you need to start producing military grade stuff? ,I have heard its very hard”said Richards .”Well it is hard,but if you gave me some green paper to grease some palms we can do it a whole lot quicker ‘replied Mark .”Good,how quick?”asked Richards.”Well just a few weeks and we can start mass producing”replied Mark .Richards said”One last question……………how much dough” .

The informer walked cooly along the street .Like any other innocent bystander .He watched as inspector Paul Connor emerged from the police station with his deputy .Then they started walking.He followed them with his new portable camera at the ready .After some time he was surprised .They were not going home but rather in a cheap hotel .After they went inside he too entered the hotel .He saw on the ledger that they booked room number 2 .He quickly went up to the reception after they had gone .”I WANT room 3 “he said .”Sorry sir,its pre booked ,a gentleman is going to arrive soon to occupy it ,but you may have another”said the man on the desk .”Well I want it for just an hour “said the informer .”Sorry sir we only offer rooms for atleast 12 hours,besides 3 is occupied “said the man behind the desk .”Well maybe these papers can help you think otherwise”said the informer holding $200 in his hand and offering them .”What wa……well yes sir room 3 is all yours ,enjoy your stay “said the man positively surprised .Wasting no time the informer went up .Room 3 was right besides room 2 and there was a common balcony for both .Quickly he washed his hands to avoid sweat chaffing and then taking his camera with him he climbed to Room number 2 .What he saw through the window of the balcony shocked him .Together with each other on the bed were the inspector and his deputy .He quickly took the photo .Just as he put the camera in his other hand and climbed back to room 3 he heard someone shout “Heyyyyyyy”.Quickly he exited his room and ran to the streets .Then jumping off multiple avenues he safely reached Matson estate where he handed over the photos to his boss Richard who in turn handed over $1000 to him and said “Good job” .

A few days later Inspector Paul Connor received his suspension letter .The case of murder was never reopened again after Guiliano the murderer mysteriously died by food poisoning in jail a few days before his testimony .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 08, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Chapter 19 .

And so after a few weeks Mark came with all the required permissions and papers .Richards was allowed to produce a stipulated amount of armoured vehicles .Soon the business took off .As world war 2 intensified Richards also increased his own pace .He expanded the business by making deals with the government .Many times this involved greasing more palms or blackmailing some officials to give him contracts .But his biggest fish was when he got a huge contract to supply a whole unit of semi tank machines for a huge naval amphibious operation in the pacific island of Ryukyu .The only thing initially stopping him was that the officials were hesitant to offer the contract to someone new like ‘REM autos'. Richards at first tried to reason with them but they would not listen .Finally he had a talk with the official about his mistress in Canada and about Richard’s friendship with the president during the great depression .The official immediately gave the contract to Richard who made sure that the stuff he produced was top grade .The operation was a great success and Richards company became famous in the Auto world after that.Similarily he secured many more contract which made him immensely rich .At this time he gave Mark Matson control over ‘Bin cigars’ till the war ended.Mark did a terrific job and advertised that ‘Bin cigars’ was hope for a soldier in the dirty jungles of the pacific .He started a new offer that for every 5 cigars purchased by the public ,one cigar would be donated to the bravehearts in the pacific .And it worked like magic.’Bin cigars’ was now the absolute boss of the cigars industry .During this time he also saved Arthur Matson from the draft by greasing more palms .But Jeff Nixon preferred to serve his country .He returned back just a year later injured but he had become some kind of hero after taking down 2 Japanese tanks with just a mine in his hand and saving his battalion from destruction .After he came back Mark advertised that ‘Look at the people who work at Bin cigars,they are all heroes “ .All in all REM corporation achieved a kind of domination on some part of the market never seen since the time of Rockfeller and Jp.Morgan .

The war ended and peace regained .Now Richards was getting old .So he decided to promote Mark as a direct partner in business .One day at his new castle in Texas he got a letter .On opening it he read the words inside “Parcel is all safe and sound in Florida ,survived the war” .”Ahhh Jack my son,why did you leave me like that “said Richards to himself .He wrote another letter to his informer “Give me more updates periodically,track him down in Florida,see where he lives and what he does”were the words of the letter which was soon dispatched .

“Now that the war has ended ,I further want to confirm our lordship over the cigars market,for that we are gonna be doing what they call Morganisation “said Richards .He was sitting with Mark Matson ,Arthur Matson,Arthur Dawson and Jeff Nixon and a few others in a meeting.”Whats Morganisation “asked Arthur Dawson .”Morganisation is the process of dominating the market and bring order to the market by buying out direct competitors and smaller companies ,thus we can establish a complete monopoly over the cigar business,once we are absolute kings here then we are free to pursue our new oversees wing in Asia “replied Richards .”It’s a good idea “said all present in unison .

“There is another problem ‘said Mark one day in 1946 to Richards .”Tom was working for a gang of communist gangsters ,now they are after you”said Mark ."We will deal with these people "said Richards confidently ."For protection we will have to go to the feet of the godfather"he continued ."But why,you are one of the most powerful men in the country and rich as.."asked Mark ."Sometimes you need brutes to deal with brutes,besides i am getting old"said Richards .

The two men were arguing like dogs .Quite unlike how businessmen should behave .Both of them were opposing competitors on the local cigars stage in Dallas .”You jeopardized the entire business by bringing in outsiders”said the first man .”Your men vandalized my business”said the second.”Those were not my men ,those were some rouges from your own companies “said the first.”My men are not rouges”said the second .They were still arguing like that when Richards entered the office .Surprised and shocked to see such a famous and powerful man they immediately stopped in a kind of respectfull silence .”Gentlemen ,your quarrels are over,both of you are tired of management aren’t you?”asked he .”No we….”said the first man .”I have a better proposition,in this bag I have got enough cash ,now both of you write down your prices and seal them in an envelope now and give them to me ,the price will be paid”said Richards .The first man wrote a price which was reasonable and sealed his envelope .But the second man had known through inner circles that Richards Matson was buying out all competitions .How far could he go .Let me write an outrageous price .So he did just that .The first man received his money in a bag .The second man thought again ‘Here it comes,now he will say,your price is unreasonable ,I accept defeat’ .But non of that happened ,for a minute later Jeff Nixon came inside holding 2 more bags ,inside was the money .The second man was surprised by his wits .Thus Richard Matson indulged in morganisation .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 09, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Chapter 20 .

Jack Matson knew all along that he was being followed .From the beaches of Italy in war time to the beaches of Florida in peacetime .So now he had decided to go to a place where his father could never track him down,he decided to go to the shanty wild west town of Las Vegas .

While Richards was doing his outrageous buying with all pressure ,the whole weight of the auto business came on Mark .But he excelled in that. After the war ended ,he quickly took apart everything and put it back together .Henceforth only 20% of the ‘REM Autos’ would be devoted to making war machines .With the consent of Richards he quickly expanded into making regular family sedans which was the new big thing in the auto market .The advertisments were like this ‘In war time we served the nation by making peace keeping war machines against the Japanese scum .In peacetime we still serve the nation ,but in a different way,REM family sedans ,just one more excuse to take your family to a loooooong drive ,REM autos, taking families closer,since 1939 ‘ .

​Note from the author-I have no offense against Japanese people .I love manga and all other Japanese things .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 11, 2017 at 10:09 AM.

Chapter 21 .(Had to make a new chapter because i am unable to edit the previous for some reason ,sorry for the inconvieneance)

Richards was escatic when he became a billionare .He had achieved a net worth of billion long ago but now he was finally a real billionare .That day was a holiday for all in the company from the lowliest of errand boys and factory workers to the highest of executives and officials .But later that day when he was at the office all was broken .He was surprised when he saw the servant of his Texas manor in his New York office party .”Whats the matter my man”asked Richards .”Sir..sir”said the man panting “Its your wife Rose Marie ,they have shot her and she’s in the hospital”said he. ”What”said Richards surprised .He was filled with a starnge tension,what ifffffffffff .”The doctor’s say she’sgonna recover.It was the commies sir ,the same communist gangsters who were harassing you”said the servant .Richards collapsed onto his seat .Partly out of grief and partly out of a strange sense of anger at those fools .”Ok,I am coming ,send word to her ,AND WHEN I RETURN GENTLEMEN(said he in a loud voice) ,I am going to get those communist gangsters by their heads”.The entire office said in one tone “WE ARE WITH YOU SIR” .

Richards was sitting in his room at late evening in his New York house when Mark entered with Arthur Matson .”Oh welcome men,glad to see you,yeah Marie’s fine now so I came here,shes safe I have left a nurse with her,here look at this magnificent new machine’ Improved Television’,it shows a theatre right at your home,great eh”said Richards in a welcoming tone.”Yes its good,but err we are here to talk on different matters”said Mark .”Ok,speak,you have 10 minutes before I leave”said Richards switching the television off .”I did it,we are now producing more than what we claim on paper”said Mark .”Good,what else?”asked Richards .This was a new scam that Richards had envisioned,basically the tax people were told that a certain factory for example was using 30 machines and thus producing goods according to those thirty machines,now many machines had spare parts,so they simply exchanged these spare parts for more machines and produced more than what they claimed to the tax people like in our example 35 in reality,30 on paper.Do this across several factories and the profits were amazing .Tax free income .Of course to convert black into white Richards had an extensive network of bogus shell companies in the middle of the Sahara .For example the ‘NEW age oil ‘ company owned by REM was located in a defunct sheep barn in Libya.Currently to answer Richard’s question Mark said “I also think that its time you give some work to your son Arthur” .Arthur said jokingly”Yeah father or even I may have to run ……..”He was interrupted mid sentence “What you will do?” asked Richards in a threatning tone .”Relax father I was just joking” said Arthur. ”I am an old man ,but if son you make such jokes again I will have to hit you “said Richards .For a few minutes there was silence ,Richards lit a cigar and broke the silence”Ok Arthur,time to prove yourself ,hereby I declare with Mark as witness that from now on you are CEO of ‘REM bottle opener company’ “ .”What yesssss”said Arthur with happiness on his face “I wont turn you down father,ok,im going now”said he ,before going he shook hands with both Mark and his father who was his new boss now .”Ok Mark,10 minutes are over now,I gotta go “said Richards . “May I ask where?”asked Mark .”To you know who,the don of course man,remember we have a bunch of mad Communists to deal with “said Richards .”I still don’t like it Richards ,why do you need him,you are an all powerfull billionare who can do anything just by greasing a few palms ,then why?”asked Mark .”Mark you don’t know many things,why do you think even after the communists incited them the workers stayed in line,have you seen even one worker strike in our factories ,while all over the rest of USA and the world it’s a widespread menace now ,because the Cosa Nostra keep them in line ,the commission has a lot of influence on the unions ,they keep them from doing stupid things “answered Richards .Then he slowly got up,opened the door and was gone .Mark remained seated in the darkness of the room in silence .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

Chapter 22 .

The Don Vincent Mangano was in his den when Richards arrived ,all care was taken to conceal Richard’s face lest some press people see him here. ”Godfather,here’s a trunk full of your favourite 1920’s BIN cigars .We don’t produce them now but I have one machine in New York specially producing them for you “said Richards offering the trunk .”Thank you my good man,so I believe you are here for those reds?”asked the Don. ”Yes”answered Richards in a polite yet somehwhat questioning manner .”Its good,I have some of my best men on the job,we are close to locating the hideout of those infernal animals,not only me the entire commission is working,communists are bad news for our business too ,no no the commission wants none of that “said the Don .”I am myself making some moves,I have my informant on the job,what I say is that we can work together,my informant wants your armed help,says he has located something”said Richards .”What the catch”,asked Mangano suddenly suspicious. ”They should be prepared for a big gunfight”answered Richards .

The massacre at the Viktor warehouse in New Jersey was one of the worst cases of modern American crime according to the New York times. While Hoover acknowledged the existence of the Mafia only in 1957 ,this massacre on 17th October 1946 was one of the first warning bells .For Richards it was the first time in his life when he showed bad judgement since that day he had rode a penny farthing in 1898.It happened like this .The commission had sent families trained men from the nine families along with Richards to what Richard’s informer claimed to be the liar of those blasted communists .The informer may have been right but what he did not know was that those were hardened criminals who were waiting for them .At sharp 6.30am in the morning before the world would wake up Richards and the hitmen reached the warehouse .It was a bigger warehouse than the others. Operated by Viktor Petrov who was the defacto leader of his communist democracy .At 6.30 it was obviously closed .There was a guard cabin outside the gate .Inside a man was snoring .There was silence in the air .The snow was cold enough to freeze him to death ,even then he had left the door of the cabin open .One of the hitmen,a brute named Guiliano (Who had earlier insisted that Richards not come because of the danger )went inside and woke up the man in a not so polite fashion “Where’s Viktor,where are all the others” he asked.”What,Viktor sir is in Russia ,this warehouse is closed since months,and what ‘others’ ”the man blabbered .”Ok I will fix you now”said Guiliano .Then Guiliano took out his machete .”Wait ,Viktor sir is inside……..i,I,I will open the gates”said the man obviously cold with fear .”That’s more to my liking”said Guiliano keeping back the machete in his pocket .The man pressed a number of buttons and slowly the gates started to open .Richards watched with bated breath anticipating what might be behind them .When the gates were opened just about knee length he shouted “Fall BACKKKK” .It was too late .More than 30 men simultaneously opened fire on the group with Thompsons .Guiliano was the first to be hit with a rain of bullets .Then another,then one more until only Richards and three more were left .Then slyly as a fox the watchman also took out a machine gun and began to fire wildly .One more man fell .But to Richard’s horror when he looked back he saw that the truck through which they had came was on fire .He thought quickly behind the cover of an iron post as the two men tried to defend him. Then he saw an opening .A bright red ‘REM couple auto-12’ specially made for couples on Richard’s orders by Mark’s team of auto engineers .He quickly told the men “There,to that car” .Somehow they managed to make it to the car while the goons were all reloading .Richards got inside with one man. To his surprise he sighed ,he had completely forgotten that a couple car only has space for two .He had specifically told them to make it so that a wife can talk to her man while he drives it .The second hitman had no space .”Give me a seat too man,GIVE me a seat too man”he cried .”I CAN’T” shouted Richards .”I’m Mangano’s relative for gods sake “he kept shouting even as seeing the goons getting closer to them Richards started the engine .The last man was cut down by fire ,even as he died his last words were “You have no loyalty man,my uncle Vincent Mangano he will ………………….” .

It was a big failure for Richards and the mafia .A few hours later Richards had relaxed a bit having ensured by the families and his friends in high places that his involvement would not be revealed ,when he got a phone "Mr.Richards ,even when you had the chance you did not save my nephew .This shows that not only are you greedy but you are also disloyal,ideally you would have paid for it with your life but.....because of our alliance for so many years i allow you to live ,but henceforth you may not contact me again,we are quits. "said the Don ."YOU LOWLIFE THUG .........who are you to give me my life huh,are you any better"shouted Richards over the phone ."Ask the same question to yourself Mr.Richards ,are YOU any better than a thug"said the Don hanging up .Richards just slumped on the sofa .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; April 19, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

Chapter 23 .

Richards was sitting in his plush office in New York contemplating what to do next when a bunch of official looking men in black uniforms arrived ."We are from the FBI "they announced .

FBI men .

Jeff Nixon sighed with ecstasy .The futaba pillow coupled with the sauna was shouting Japanese comforts .He was in Tokyo .After the war in which he participated and became a hero he was put in ‘REM Bin cigars’ for some time .But then knowing his capabilities Richards had given him a big responsibility .He under Richard’s guidance of course would head the new Japanese wing of ‘Rem corporation’ which was the corporation’s first job outside the US and Europe .After the war Jeff had felt strange and empty .When you are in war its like you are locked in a dark room with all your possible fears locked in with you,taunting ,haunting and taking you apart bit by bit .You have no hope of escape .And worst is that you have no one to help you fight those fears .The problem is that after some time you make your peace with the setup,grow accustomed to the darkness,so when the door suddenly opens and the light comes in and you realise you are free to go you begin to contemplate if going out is really a good idea or not .You feel empty .And that’s exactly what Jeff felt after the war .So his godfather Richards had another excellent idea .Before their Tokyo office was to open he sent Jeff to a 7 month picnic in Hokkaido away from the misery of post war economics.

Mark Matson was attending a party .It was something he had never attended .A 4 year old child's birthday party ."Huh,how they pamper children these days,in our times parents never showed this much public affection to their own children ,this was all post war cuddling,nowadays there was also something called teenage .In our days you could either be a kid or an adult .But this"he sighed .Just then the group started singing "Happy birthday to you"and sighing even more Mark joined in too for the love of music .

Marie Louise wife of Richards was happy ,to curb the stress of everyday life with him,Richards had sent her to this beautiful mormon church in Utah to serve the poor people,priests,tend some lush gardens and pray .The priest in particular was a good man .He was as old as her father would have been as of late 1946 .One day he asked her "You are good daughter,you must be a nun"."No father,im too evil for that"she replied". "No no no daughter,its not like that just tell me do you have any evils,any confessions?"he asked .Í dont know about me,but my husband may have a lottttttttt to say about himself"she replied .

"Whattt i have paid your director his monthly fee ,now dont arrest me,i have nothing to do with the massacre at the pier"said Richards panicking ."Mr.Richards first let me explain you"said the FBI man ."First of all we know exactly how much you had to do with what but since you have given that err fee ,it doesn't exist on paper ",im here for another purpose"continued the man ."What?''asked Richards ."We are gonna make you a national hero for a cost "said the man .

Arthur Matson was a happy man .Having taken control of the small bottle opener company he had improved profits in a matter of just a few weeks by doing away with the great depression era tactics of Richard involving giving employment to worthless workers in large numbers.Instead he and some associates had hunted the nation for skilled workers .He found out surprisingly that asians were more skilled in this job than any others so he recruited more of them .Now he had became a respected buisnessman very fast .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 13, 2017 at 11:34 PM.

The scene when Mangano's nephew is pleading for a seat in the car is nicely done. I am wondering if there is more of Chapter 23 - maybe something interrupted you when you were posting it?

Yes I had to go out for dinner .Hence the interruption.

Chapter 24 .

"Look we art you to be present at an err function that we are going to be doing with those darn reds and then we will disappear after the job is done and you will take credit along with the local cops .Its in the good of us all."said the FBI men ."What function may i ask"said Richards ."Ýou will know soon,be ready "said the men leaving .

How Richard Matson managed with the help of just 3 city cops to take out more than a dozen communist street gangsters in New York will forever remain a mystery,that is a mystery to the general public .Some say he just told them to surrender and they did .Others say he took a dozen bullets but still continued fighting .In reality the FBI cleared them out and then took photos of Richards and a few cops in front of them .Not only did Richards achieve fame but the FBI achieved its aims .He was gracioulsy welcomed at his house by all the members of the community .He had become a regular hero .Stocks of all 'REM'companies soared .With the communists gone,the problem had suddenly vanished .
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; May 21, 2017 at 03:46 AM.

Do you have any more of this chapter?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast