Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I know you love Spain, but unfortunately I know next to nothing about its history after the middle ages apart from the Spanish Ulcer and late 30s.
    If I had to choose something to work with after the 1860s (that is not the Franco-Prussian war or the Austro-Prussian war of course) I'd probably go with the Russo-Japanese war, which I will no doubt do in the future.
    I also like Russo-Japanese war but remember that naval warfare is quite important (pre-dreadnought era) in this particular war and as far as I know, there is no way to mod ships in Total War.

Not in NTW, but in S2 it is possible. Worst case scenario I'll use Shogun2... although I'd really prefer not to, because the system is completely different, less intuitive, and I could not use a single model for each type of unit with variants inside like any other total war title, which is a real pain, time consuming and inefficient.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Hi sirloin i am not sure if you are aware of this but there is a mod around that period called FOTS and they are recreating a map of asia during victorian era called "the race for asia" . Maybe that moddet can assist you or give you tips to help you to recreate the russo jap war for S2?

Yes I'm aware... trust me by the time I'll be free to start working on the Russo-Japanese war the team will have likely moved on to other things, I have a million other concerns in mind modding-wise. Also, could you kindly refrain from calling me sirloin? That joke is old and it's starting to get annoying, thank you.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Sorry Sirlion I was accidentally spelling your username wrong it wasn't meant to be a joke. I am having trouble installing the mod I follow your direction sto the letter there are 4 files in the down load i put them all in the NTW data folder, I also put those 2 userscripts you posted in the first page in the userscript folde,r that I had to create. When I start NTW and go to campaigns I choose "Campaign of the Coalitions" i see the text about 1851 but when I hit play it crashes. Is there something I am doing wrong?? Also there are no faces in the start up menu for leaders nor is there a map of northern Italy. It seems like it would be the easiest mod to install and I have installed many complicated mods before but so far this =one is not working. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

1851? Are you sure?

Did you copy-paste the startpos.esf too? Did you overwrite it in the folder mp_eur_napoleon, alongside with the scripting.lua file?
    As I mentioned, you must replace the main campaign of the coalition entirely.
    Last edited by Sirlion; March 26, 2017 at 03:49 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

Yes I absoulutly did and I meant to say it does say 1859 when I select "Campaigns of Coalitions" but as I said the leasers faces are blanked out and the map of Italy is blanked out. I do see the 3 factions France, Austria, and Savoy, but when I hit play campaign it crashes. I did everything you said I put the 3 files into the NTW data folder risorgiemnto_main, risirgiemento_media and resorgimento_text. Than I put the 2 user scripts that you have on the first page in the scripts folder and than the campaigns folder in the NTW campaign folders. Let me as you this I didnt orginally see a "userscripts folder" in my NTW scrpits folder when I clicked on it I just saw a "prefrence script folder" You mention Sirlion that "if we do not have one we need to create one" So my question to you is what do we name that folder that we have to create...?? Do we name it user.napoleon_scripts oe user._scripts?? Thank you.

that is not a folder, that's a "file". It should be located in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\Scripts\. Once you are in this folder, you will see - or have to create - a user.script.txt. There, you will add

mod "risorgimento_main.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_media.pack";

make sure that the txt file is Unicode.
    My Mods and Projects

Alright I will try that so what you are saying create exactly script and name it user.script.txt and than copy and paste mod "risorgimento_main.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_media.pack"; and put both in that user.script.txt correct?? I will try it and let you know if it works. What do you mean by "Unicode"? Can you explain please.

I put all the files correctly names it user.script.tx that i put the mod "risorgimento_main.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_media.pack"; in there and still crashes! I believe there is something corrupted in either media file or main because as I said the leaders have no faces and the map of italy is blanked out that means a the media file is not working. The crashing when I choose faction and hit start I believe is happening because the "campaigns" folder might also be corrupted. I also wanted to mention that I have a completely clean install of NTW so I have no other mods or files in there I just installed the game 2 days ago.

Can you play custom battles? do you see my units in the selection screen? Leaders' portraits are in main.pack so either you didnt load it with the user.script or you put the startpos in the wrong folder.
    My Mods and Projects

I do not see any of your units in the custom battles. Could it be possible I did not extract the files properly? because I know I put everything in the right folder I did it like 5 times.

What do you mean by unicode and what do I name or create the script?

Unicode is the file type. Make sure that the user.script or any other files inside the Script folder is not "read only", that may be why it wont load the packs.
    My Mods and Projects

I went in selected the file went into properties and unchecked script folder made sure it didnt say "read only" and it still doesnt work I am getting the same exact thing the icons of leaders will not show no units in custom battle and map of italy still whited out some file has got to be corrupted are there 2 different links to download this mod or just 1?. Unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to work. I do appreciate all your help though and I wonder if any body else is having this issue....

Another question when I uncheck "read only" and apply it it will uncheck it. But than when I go back to the folder under properties just o see if it was unchecked it automatically checks it again. Is that normal? Is there a way around it? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem. I believe I installed the mod correctly, copied the pack files to data, I made a user.script file in the scripts folder adding all 3 pack files and I replaced the 2 files in the campaigns folder appropriately. I don't see neither your units in custom battle nor the coalition campaign properly.
    This is not the first mod I am installing on NTW. I made a clean install before adding your mod. I would really like to try your mod, it lokks interesting.

I noticed something: why you have to put the startpros and the scripting files in mp_eur_napoleon? Isn't that the multiplayer campaign? That would explain why when i attempt to host a multiplayer campaign I only get France, Austria and Piedmont as options. However, moving these files to the other folders in campaigns didn't solve the issue...

Are you downloading from the first post in this thread? I've personally downloaded the file again and everything is fine on my end. mp_eur_napoleon is used for both multiplayer and the regular european campaign. That is why it needs to be substituted. Please check your file integrity and try again, especially if you had NTW3 or Darthmod before.
    My Mods and Projects

yes, I downloaded from the post in the first post. I had NTW3 installed before, I uninstalled it, tried your mod, then uninstalled the whole game, downloaded and installed again via Steam, installed your mod again. Same result as before. After your post I downloaded the mod again - may be it was corrupted? - but no, same result.
    I don't know, I have the feeling I am missing something simple, yet essential...