Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Default Re: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Of course. I also managed to preserve His Majesty's imperial beard.

In game

Menacing

Yes the beard and moustaches are 3d

My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Update up in the first post.

Done:

- Balancing, unit limits for multiplayer added to all units available
    - French toned down, Imperial Guard has less accuracy than Grenzers but still superior to regular allied infantry.
    - Austrian Jager even more deadly, they are smaller, harder to hit
    - Bersaglieri are smaller, harder to hit
    - Added two more units to Austria, Bohemian Hunters, Croatian Hussars
    - Historical generals and leaders for all factions, 3 unique general models (Vittorio Emanuele II, Napoleon III, Franz Joseph I)
    - XP gain reworked
    - Various changes and corrections to normal maps and gloss maps, Bersaglieri's plumage, epaulette, uniform revisions etc.

To do:
    - Fix the Austrian flag
    - Finish the rest of the relevant additions to the historical roster for generals employed in the campaign
    - Have a campaign that works decently
    Last edited by Sirlion; January 21, 2017 at 03:15 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Amazing models sirlon so excited about these new developments cant wait to see how campaign will work!

Okay, small update as I may be on to something here

First, I thank the efforts of husserlTW, even if he's not here anymore and it's probably busy making some Civil War with Darth, as the working basis for the startpos is derived from his excellent NTF (Napoleon Total Factions) submod. However, even if the map works as intended and both Austria and France are quite flawlessly playable, there are some things that need to be addressed:

- There is a considerable time in the first turn when the map is not present on screen, instead we have a black screen for several seconds, and then the player has to zoom on the map itself manually by clicking on the minimap (any area is fine). This can take up to 30\50 seconds.

- Italy is not playable, and probably never will, because husserlTW forgot to add the victory conditions for Piedomnt and, instead, accidentally added VC for France a second time, corrupting the startpos in the process. So the campaign for Italy is effectively impossible to start at all. I have tried several times to change \ add VC to Piedmont but any editor used causes an instant erase of CAMPAIGN_ENV entirely as soon as I try to save it.

- Austria still has the canon restrictions that the regular SP campaign has, meaning, two generals and several units stationed in the upper area of the map are locked in place unit France reaches their position. This could be useful, and even historical, if played right, but still not very fun for the casual player.
    There is no known way to change this behaviour at all.

So... at least something can be done. But keep in mind the limits mentioned above. I will keep working on it and hopefully get something done properly. Meanwhile, if any of the older modders has any advice, I'd like to hear it.
    My Mods and Projects

Beautiful set up for the campaign!! Just a question are you saying that for now Italy is not at all playable and most likely will not be in the future?

Sorry another question will you be introducing your "Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)" to this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    Beautiful set up for the campaign!! Just a question are you saying that for now Italy is not at all playable and most likely will not be in the future?
    That is what I said, yes. It may be possible with another method but I'm not sure how well it would go. Worst case scenario I'll try to port it to Shogun2 and make a map of italy to get it playable - in the long, distant future, that is.

As for the submod for the larger and better terrain, of course I'll use it alongside with battlechaos.
    Last edited by Sirlion; January 31, 2017 at 02:19 PM.
    My Mods and Projects

Great mod! You have my congratulations. Only one hint. Would be possible to create the zouaves based on the NTW Vanilla Egyptian campaign infantry that the French can recruit.? Will you add also French Imperial Gurad Zouaves?

Thank you.
    I dont see the point in basing a unit from 50 years prior to another one. Also, the Zouaves at this point in time were already second generation, meaning, practically all French, just like Napoleon I's original Mamelucks were gradually replaced by French soldiers as the originals started to die.
    About the Imperial Guard Zouaves, I may add them if they were present on the battlefield and actually fought.

In the meantime, new italian unit "Carabinieri a Cavallo"

And a decisively decent plume for artillerymen, Italian artillery crew has a better uniform with plumage too due to better sources for research.

My Mods and Projects

I have reworked the generals bodyguard \ officers' kepi and uniform. The kepi in particular now reesembles with fidelity it's counterpart.

And a big surprise, as much as it is for you, it is for me too; the god of patience and endurance finally granted m ywish to have Piedmont playable in the campaign map with proper Victory Conditions. So now work on the startpos can officially begin with no delays. It is indeed a miracle of circumstance and luck that this ESF is working as intended with no crashes, and without the annoying bugs encountered in the list that I provided a couple posts earlier, no less.
    My Mods and Projects

That is truely a miracle god blessed you sirloin!! I did not think it was possible given the very limited midding tools that NTW has. How did you get it to work? Also will this open up other possibilities for other mods in the future? Will the current mod you are working on regiemento be the only one you attempt in the victorian age or are there other projects you are thinking about? Thank you for your honorable work.

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Amazing detailed units, I love the uniforms, but why the screenshots are too dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoli23 View Post
    That is truely a miracle god blessed you sirloin!! I did not think it was possible given the very limited midding tools that NTW has. How did you get it to work? Also will this open up other possibilities for other mods in the future? Will the current mod you are working on regiemento be the only one you attempt in the victorian age or are there other projects you are thinking about? Thank you for your honorable work.
    At present, I'm still investigating how it works. I have merged parts of two separated ESFs with a vague hope that my hunch was correct, and indeed it was. I still have to test if the saving and loading function work as intended, and if I didnt miss some variable's activation here and there. I dont know if it can open possibilities, it all depends on what you want to do. It is just enabling other factions into the campaign map after all.
    As for other projects, look in my signature and you'll find that I'm part of the Victoria Total War team.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    Amazing detailed units, I love the uniforms, but why the screenshots are too dark?
    Thanks, maybe you see them dark because I'm using a custom tool called GEM developed by Luciferhawk to change the contrast and saturation.
    My Mods and Projects

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Will you be adding any sort of scripts and such within the campaign? such as for events, dates, and etc?
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    Will you be adding any sort of scripts and such within the campaign? such as for events, dates, and etc?
    To be honest I dont know. The limitations of the Warscape engine are a bit too much for my tastes. And besides, the campaign itself was very short, I'm prolonging it a bit from May 1859 to December 1860 but still, the events are too crammed on top one another in such a short amount of time. And the campaign map itself is very small. I'll be adding some flavour here and there, Lodi will surely become Magenta for example, and I'll try to follow Nafziger's directions to get army compositions realistically, but I dont know how much else I can do.

One example:

Austrian Forces 23 April l859

2nd Corps: Prince E. von Lichtenstein (16,780 infantry & 1,150 horses)
    lst Division: Feldmarschallieutenant Jellachich
    lst Brigade: Generalmajor Szabo
    7th Tyrolian Jäger Battalion
    Wilhelm Infantry Regiment #l2 (4)
    9th Horse Battery, 2nd Regiment (8 guns)
    2nd Brigade: Generalmajor Baron von Koudelka
    2lst Tyrolian Jäger Battalion
    Jellachich Infantry Regiment #46 (4)
    10th Horse Battery, 2nd Regiment (8 guns)
    2nd Division: Feldmarschallieutenant Herdy
    lst Brigade: Generalmajor de Baltin
    l0th Tyrolian Jäger Battalion
    Graff Hartmann Infantry Regiment #9 (4)
    5th 12pdr Foot Battery, 2nd Regiment (8 guns)
    2nd Brigade: Generalmajor Lippert
    9th Tyrolian Jäger Battalion
    Erzherzog Reynier Infantry Regiment #59 (4)
    7th 12pdr Foot Battery, 2nd Regiment (8 guns)

Attached:
    König von Sicilian Uhlan Regiment (4 sqns)
    Artillery Reserve Battery (8 guns)
    So if we go by a generic type of unit, I can recreate prince von Lichtenstein's 2nd Corps easily because the sizes of the armies at this moment are relatively small, 14 units total (4x Jager batallion, 4x Infantry regiment, 5x Artillery battery, 1x Uhlan regiment).

In the meantime, some more screenshots:

Italian Grenadiers

Proper saddle

My Mods and Projects

Excellent work!

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Any progress lately? I'm really excited for the campaign. Also, will there be a chance of France and Sardinia breaking their alliance considering NTW's ai...
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

Indeed progress has been made

The besic AoR is done, buildings have been changed, I made sure that the startpos would recognize the lua commands I gave it, everything so far seems in order. There is no risk of France and Sardinia going to war with each other because the diplomacy is under heavy scripting influence. You wont have to bother with the other factions either, as I made sure to freeze them in place, nobody will interfere.
    My Mods and Projects

Volontari (italian militia)

The map has been fixed entirely. Only thing remaining are the flags... which do not work for reasons to me unknown. I'll investigate which format is the correct one.
    My Mods and Projects

We're almost there. Release tomorrow morning if everything goes well and there are no last minute bugs to hunt down.

My Mods and Projects