Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Default Re: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Hi Sirlion, thank you for continually putting out content in your mods, It's greatly appreciated!

Now I can't help but notice that there are several units missing from the campaign that are available in multiplayer, is that intentional?
    The units are Hungarian Infantry for the Austrians; Camicie Rossi, Cacciatori delle Alpi, Lancieri and Cavalleria Pesante for the Piedmontese; and Zouaves and Guard Artillery for the French.
    I'll put them in for myself in the meantime since it would feel like a waste to not have this beautiful content in the campaign.

Thanks!

Interesting. I'll go take a look, thanks for reporting it.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Hello, wonderful mod! It would be so cool to have prussians in order to be able to make the franco prussian war of 1870. The FOTS mod unequal treaties have the prussians, per haps you could use some of the models? thanks for all, pz

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    Hello, wonderful mod! It would be so cool to have prussians in order to be able to make the franco prussian war of 1870. The FOTS mod unequal treaties have the prussians, per haps you could use some of the models? thanks for all, pz
    I dont plan to create the franco prussian war at the moment. So no, no prussians for the time being.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Any recommended complementary mods Mr. Loin?

Quote Originally Posted by MarxmanL View Post
    I'm currently using your Battle Chaos mod to help bring the sounds more appropriately to the latter half of the 19th century.

Hello. After installing the modification, I have such a menu of fractions selection and crash at the start of the campaign.
    Installed a clean game, without other modifications.
    Your modification is installed according to the instructions (three *.pack files + campaigns in the Data folder and add the pack files to user.script.txt ).

I'm sorry, here is a screenshot to my last post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by MarxmanL View Post
    Apart from what you're already using, I think nothing else would fit the period properly. Oh, and it's lion.

Quote Originally Posted by vitovt13 View Post
    I'm sorry, here is a screenshot to my last post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Interesting. It seems like your game doesnt load the proper files. That's very strange. Did you overwrite every file? I'll do a clean install myself and test it

EDIT: Make sure that your user.script is NOT Read-Only. It is most likely your problem.
    Last edited by Sirlion; October 10, 2018 at 08:33 AM.
    My Mods and Projects

Interesting. It seems like your game doesnt load the proper files. That's very strange. Did you overwrite every file? I'll do a clean install myself and test it

EDIT: Make sure that your user.script is NOT Read-Only. It is most likely your problem.
    Yes, overwrite every file and did't put a tick in the user.scrip properties.
    Did you edit the files in the campaigns folder in the latest update? Because the creation (edit) date of those files is unchanged (03/10/2017)

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Can confirm the issue with the mod manager, it crashes any time the media file is in the data folder. However, if you don't use the mod manager and make the user.script manually, it's fine.

The mod is excellent! Tons of fun. A couple questions, apologies if they're intended.
    First, is movement speed supposed to be this slow? Infantry walk very ​slowly, and don't run much faster.
    Second, the French campaign is... difficult to manage money in, having only one pretty poor region. However, on reload of the campaign, the game gives 20,000 francs. Unless it crashes, which happened to me on my last reload. Is the financial difficulty intended? Could easily be a balance thing, to keep the size of the French army down, since their region is pretty well safe from conquest.
    Finally, when the year changes, almost all of the French generals and Napoleon III die, probably because they're all extremely old. Not sure if their birthdates have to be set before the end of vanilla NTW or what the cause of that is.

Again, thanks so much for the great mod, I just had a few questions/comments.

Mod Manager solved my problem, thanks for the awesome mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Can confirm the issue with the mod manager, it crashes any time the media file is in the data folder. However, if you don't use the mod manager and make the user.script manually, it's fine.

The mod is excellent! Tons of fun. A couple questions, apologies if they're intended.
    First, is movement speed supposed to be this slow? Infantry walk very ​slowly, and don't run much faster.
    Second, the French campaign is... difficult to manage money in, having only one pretty poor region. However, on reload of the campaign, the game gives 20,000 francs. Unless it crashes, which happened to me on my last reload. Is the financial difficulty intended? Could easily be a balance thing, to keep the size of the French army down, since their region is pretty well safe from conquest.
    Finally, when the year changes, almost all of the French generals and Napoleon III die, probably because they're all extremely old. Not sure if their birthdates have to be set before the end of vanilla NTW or what the cause of that is.
    Thank you for the kind words. To answer your questions:

First, is movement speed supposed to be this slow? - yes indeed it is. I wanted to put a little bit of realism in it, and integrate it into gameplay. As you may notice, the Austrians have a considerable edge over French and Piedmontese troops when it comes to range and loading time, but they are slower to manoeuvre. This is due to their own limitations at the time, and it was a perfect balance choice for gameplay as well, because by contrast the French in particular are way faster (they still relied on massed charges and bayonet) and they have the upper hand in melee combat. So you have to make a choice based on who you are playing as.

Second, the French campaign is... difficult to manage money in, having only one pretty poor region. However, on reload of the campaign, the game gives 20,000 francs -the 20.000 francs bonus was intended on turn 1, so it works as I have predicted. This is a script I've added to simulate French aid to its army like in the Peninsular DLC. Unfortunately this cannot be done exactly like that. If you are not receiving the money on turn 1 there's something that must be fixed. I'll see what can be done. The troop number is fixed so there's no need to keep the region poor, I might as well add some funds it it.

Finally, when the year changes, almost all of the French generals and Napoleon III die - indeed you shouldnt exceed the current year as per History, but if you do, well, I'll have to fix that, it's a simple fix that shouldnt require too long at all, thanks for pointing that out.
    My Mods and Projects

Hey there,
    I m so happy someone made this finally.
    I m not a italian, but i m so interested in the italian independent war for years, i studied many resources and keep collecting the italian independent war pics.
    I m really gald to help u with the italian armies because i have many pictures about them. I can also contribute to the French and Ausria, but i m not that expert to them, so maybe i can only help little.
    I tried to make videos about italian independence history, but i spent years to find videos or games which i can use as materials in my videos, but there were not, i was so said about that for a long period of time.
    But with your mod and some mount&balde mods, i can create videos about italy from 1789-1948, that is my plan of Italian 150 years history.
    Cheers mate, good work, really hope u can keep adding new units and some other powers which are really important, such as two sicilly and prussia

Quote Originally Posted by Hamakaze View Post
    Hey there,
    I m so happy someone made this finally.
    I m not a italian, but i m so interested in the italian independent war for years, i studied many resources and keep collecting the italian independent war pics.
    I m really gald to help u with the italian armies because i have many pictures about them. I can also contribute to the French and Ausria, but i m not that expert to them, so maybe i can only help little.
    I tried to make videos about italian independence history, but i spent years to find videos or games which i can use as materials in my videos, but there were not, i was so said about that for a long period of time.
    But with your mod and some mount&balde mods, i can create videos about italy from 1789-1948, that is my plan of Italian 150 years history.
    Cheers mate, good work, really hope u can keep adding new units and some other powers which are really important, such as two sicilly and prussia
    Thank you glad you enjoy it,
    as I've stated plenty of times by now, Prussia was not involved in the slightest therefore there is zero chance of adding it, no pickelhaube love for you I'm sorry.
    Two Sicilies would be cool but it's impossibile as the italian map is not complete. I would however, appreciate some help with the uniforms for Parma, Tuscany, Lucca and all the minor italian states that are present on the map, so that I could at least recreate those faithfully for a bit of a different experience.

I will say this though, now that I have a solid base for mid-19th century uniforms in 3D format, something might come out of it in the future. No promises.
    My Mods and Projects

Really like the idea, And I am personally a fan of Napoleon III. Love the work you've already put in. So I only have a few suggestions: 1) The age of the characters are off aym (they are like over 100 years old) and die at the end of the year. I whish this could be fixed, and this seems like a very easy fix compared to what you have already accomplished! 2) The unit icons, you could simply use the ones from the vanilla game and make em black and white or so... so that the mismatched colors aren't a problem -- the square icons in the mod atm seem a little too rough and unrefined and out of place next to the circular/oval character portraits.

I don't think you have to do anything major, just minor changes like this just to make experience that much more refined and immersive. You don't have to expand the game or anything. Just refine what you have already created. Thank you for what you have already done friend. Much love given to a forgotten campaign.

Icon14 Re: Risorgimento 1859 - The Franco-Austrian War

Love the mod dude. Really original. More people should make mods like this. So since I enjoyed much of the mod very much, I don't have many suggestions really.I simply speak as a fan. I feel instead of adding anything major you could simply refine what you have already created. For example 1) fixing the characters' age. The main characters, almost all of them start 100+ and die at the end of the year. If this is fixed the gameplay would be that much more immersive and tight 2) The square shaped unit cards feel a bit out of place next to the neat oval shaped portraits -- perhaps, you could simply use unit cards from the vanilla game that resemble the units, and make em sepia tone or black & white to make the lack of resemblance less of a bother. The little things will make the experience more complete and refined. Compared to what you have already accomplish -- this is probably a cakewalk for you.

Hello. I'd like to report the same problem as vitovt13 was facing after installing the mod.

After removing all former Napoleon: Total War mods, I did a fresh uninstall to reinstall the game in its vanilla state free of any other outside modifications. After this clean reinstall, I created a new user.script file to input the three mod.pack files that came with the most recent version of the mod:

mod "risorgimento_main.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_media.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_text.pack";

After the user.script was saved, I made sure to open the file properties to uncheck the Read Only selection. With that out of the way, I proceeded to add the three packs (main, media, and text) into my data folder using the Steam directory. Finally, I added the campaign files into the corresponding campaign folder, replacing when needed after I created a backup of the original files.

After I followed these instructions posted on the information page of the Risorgimento mod, I opened Napoleon: Total War, selected the "Campaign Of The Coalition" button and came across a screen with a black-white campaign map, placeholder paintings, and default flags/banners. Upon selecting a faction, my game crashed.

Do you have any recommendations for what I should try next?

I had the same issue as the user above. Installed it manually and made sure everything is right but it just loads vanilla NTW save a few unit names missing in custom battles and no campaign at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWarRealTime View Post
    Love the mod dude. Really original. More people should make mods like this. So since I enjoyed much of the mod very much, I don't have many suggestions really.I simply speak as a fan. I feel instead of adding anything major you could simply refine what you have already created. For example 1) fixing the characters' age. The main characters, almost all of them start 100+ and die at the end of the year. If this is fixed the gameplay would be that much more immersive and tight 2) The square shaped unit cards feel a bit out of place next to the neat oval shaped portraits -- perhaps, you could simply use unit cards from the vanilla game that resemble the units, and make em sepia tone or black & white to make the lack of resemblance less of a bother. The little things will make the experience more complete and refined. Compared to what you have already accomplish -- this is probably a cakewalk for you.
    to be honest I dont remember where the age is stored in NTW anymore. It's been a while. If I'll take some time in the future I could look at it. As for the cards yeah that's actually a good point. That is definitely more likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktropolis View Post
    Hello. I'd like to report the same problem as vitovt13 was facing after installing the mod.

After removing all former Napoleon: Total War mods, I did a fresh uninstall to reinstall the game in its vanilla state free of any other outside modifications. After this clean reinstall, I created a new user.script file to input the three mod.pack files that came with the most recent version of the mod:

mod "risorgimento_main.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_media.pack";
    mod "risorgimento_text.pack";

After the user.script was saved, I made sure to open the file properties to uncheck the Read Only selection. With that out of the way, I proceeded to add the three packs (main, media, and text) into my data folder using the Steam directory. Finally, I added the campaign files into the corresponding campaign folder, replacing when needed after I created a backup of the original files.

After I followed these instructions posted on the information page of the Risorgimento mod, I opened Napoleon: Total War, selected the "Campaign Of The Coalition" button and came across a screen with a black-white campaign map, placeholder paintings, and default flags/banners. Upon selecting a faction, my game crashed.

Do you have any recommendations for what I should try next?

Apologies for the lateness. This is really odd... are you sure the campaign was correctly put in the "mp_eur_napoleon" folder? You may need to replace the files found in campaign_maps as well. I do not recall at this time because its been a good 3 years. You may try this, replace the contents of campaign_maps\nap_europe with those found in campaign_maps\nap_italy.

If that doesnt work please report back.
    My Mods and Projects