Thread: studying the methods used by the Russian moders who reactivated regions+ discoveries

Default studying the methods used by the Russian moders who reactivated regions+ discoveries

Hey guys lately i was wondering and found out some stuff i wanna share about the campaign map modding
    as first of all its a 3 way combination as i call it it requires
    db campaign files as well as regions and the starpos itself. i have checked the russian methods and i see they have added there new settlemente in the region aray aswell as in db.
    my theory is that the world/regions list is only for settlements and could should not be hybrid only i think this is rather created by people. now whats me is that you could add a building towns etc to the map already .
    there is a table called settlements slots (i am not on the pc now so i cant really give the exact names) in that same table though i made a new setlement along with chaning the names in the regions.esf and it loaded and worked. i for example also tried the same as the russians did with the western plains thus making new slots for buildings setlements etc in general it should crash and did i clearly made the entries and region like it should like it was an empire region however eventually i got passed the 5% up to 10% i will mess around with this much longer though . since the name can be an issue shown loc but i assume it only requires 1 though at this moment i think the possibility to renaming regions in the data itself is the key if i get that it could succeed maybe no promises. if atleast this can be done i might be able to understand this further.
    last but not least the westeren plain region goes all the way to the pacific so the map maybe if i succeed i will work on the stupid tool again.

i tried to share my knowledge as good as posible with its not really easy to explain i hope some other modders might get someful info though

Default Re: studying the methods used by the Russian moders who reactivated regions+ discoveries and achievement.

Part 2 Crash course

Hello guys i have made certain discoveries as well as more info.

Here are causes for crashes
    the 5% crash is pathfinding related
    And the mid crash is settlement and region related Especially in the CAI Aray.

Last but not least my achievement
    the Western plains is added as under the victory conditions

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/98350765017655764/02FDD8270A95BAAE4989B78A05101758D0049B33/

Default Re: studying the methods used by the Russian moders who reactivated regions+ discoveries

Part 3

pathfinding.
    i have both checked the vanilla and imperial destroyers starpos and found them identical to each other when it comes down to grid cells except for verticies i dont think much was added. i also noticed that most of those regions were actually passable in vanilla. the good news for now is that the answer of pathfinding is in the rti first mission i checked it and clearly noticed something about thcell values

Default Re: studying the methods used by the Russian moders who reactivated regions+ discoveries

This part 4 is the final part and it is actually both good and bad news
    Lets start off with the Bad news apearently I cannot Go to the westeren plains because there is no offical pathfinding for it.

The good though is that Re activating a region Doesn't require hybrid i moved a fort to the western plains And it unlocked in the grand campaign with no hybrid adjustments
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170110163750_1.jpg   20170110175029_1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    This part 4 is the final part and it is actually both good and bad news
    Lets start off with the Bad news apearently I cannot Go to the westeren plains because there is no offical pathfinding for it.

The good though is that Re activating a region Doesn't require hybrid i moved a fort to the western plains And it unlocked in the grand campaign with no hybrid adjustments
    I
    Think i was a bit disapointed yesterday it didn't work but I tried again with the fort from bosnia And sort of figured it out. I think that this is obstacle related cause it will create something Line of site and possibly pathfinding but because the path Blocked in the obstacles this might be the reason why It won't unlock.

To anyone interested I recommend reading this thread as it has a lot of information regarding modding the ETW map.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?355187-Guide-to-the-ETW-map

Regarding adding new campaign buildings (settlements, towns, ports, farms, and resources) I have the following advice.

1. The campaign buildings must be added to the DB tables, regions.esf, and startpos.esf. If they're only in the first two they won't appear on the map.
    2. If a campaign buildings is not in the pathfinding.esf when trying to enter this building the unit will teleport to this building from anywhere on the map but won't be able to leave. Unfortunately it's not possible to edit the pathfinding.esf without special tools.
    3. Some Russian modders found that they could solve the pathfinding bug by building a fort, making a hybrid startpos, then coding a campaign building where the fort was located. This works because the hybrid startpos has a pathfinding entry where the fort is located, so if you keep the fort's pathfinding information but put a campaign building at these coordinates the pathfinding bug doesn't occur.

So if you want to add a new campaign building I recommend first getting it to appear on the map, then update the pathfinding information. This is so that if you make an error with the campaign building it's easier to detect.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    To anyone interested I recommend reading this thread as it has a lot of information regarding modding the ETW map.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?355187-Guide-to-the-ETW-map

Regarding adding new campaign buildings (settlements, towns, ports, farms, and resources) I have the following advice.

1. The campaign buildings must be added to the DB tables, regions.esf, and startpos.esf. If they're only in the first two they won't appear on the map.
    2. If a campaign buildings is not in the pathfinding.esf when trying to enter this building the unit will teleport to this building from anywhere on the map but won't be able to leave. Unfortunately it's not possible to edit the pathfinding.esf without special tools.
    3. Some Russian modders found that they could solve the pathfinding bug by building a fort, making a hybrid startpos, then coding a campaign building where the fort was located. This works because the hybrid startpos has a pathfinding entry where the fort is located, so if you keep the fort's pathfinding information but put a campaign building at these coordinates the pathfinding bug doesn't occur.

So if you want to add a new campaign building I recommend first getting it to appear on the map, then update the pathfinding information. This is so that if you make an error with the campaign building it's easier to detect.
    thank you i will try this as soon as possible.

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Ach, is such good.

Can't wait to see more.