Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Anábasis III

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Anábasis III

Hey ahowl11, thanks for coment!

Thrace is a region in the map with PHILIPPOLIS like capital.

The other regions that you mention are zones not very much involved pollitically in the mod timeframe. The were no relevant in the hellenistic period for hellenistic kingdoms (greeks, macedonians, illyrians on RTRA Mod), including romans until Dacians wars in the beginning of II century after Christ. Even Britannia or Nabatean areas were involve in hellenistic history before it.

How the mod is focused on hellenistic period and rome rising, I thought that it would be better for gameplay to represent some areas like a big unconquerable regions with some ambient villages. Knowing the RTW engine, it is better to prevent that Macedonians are always conquering Dacia and the steppe and not paying attention on Rome or others...

For the same reasons (gameplay and more historical accurancy), the libyan coast (LEPTIS MAGNA), owned by carthaginians, is not completely connected to KYRENE, to prevent carthaginians or egyptian begin no sense desert wars. In the same way, rivers crossing and other province´s borders are located with these intentions. Like the unconquerable region of central arabia, steppe or sahara... For example, in case of suebi faction, the are forced to move to gaul region thats is actually the natural migration movement of tribes in the whole ancient history until the conquest of rome by barbarians. In rome faction case, the only way to cross the alps is by the coastal areas; NARBONENSIS or DALMATIA directions, forcing the spain and gaul conquer before germany... etc, etc...

Of course the map allow freedom and non-historical situations but in that way we are helping factions to be focused in Mediterranean policy and in addition, you get more free provinces to locate in more interesting areas. However, eventually I finished part of the mod I will make provincial campaigns with pieces of this map and different regions.

=)

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

The map looks stunning! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    The map looks stunning! +rep
    Thank so much Frunk!! You are great!

These days we are moving to a new category in Rome Total War Hosted Modifications, I hope.
    Gigantus is helping with the process. We will create better previews there.

=)

Hi, Solon. I'm waiting for RTRA III!! i hope that i can play it because i can't play RTRA II idk why

If you want to play RTRA 2.0, text me a private message and we talk about that.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Are there any plans for a translation into English?

Well...

In the begining, we had not planned translated the mod to english, but eventually we began to feel that it would be nice to be part of TWC Community, so I published this thread.

Later, I spoke with some TWC admins/moderators/members to create a sub forum in RTW Hosted Modifications and I took a few months to convince my team to develop the mod in english because RTRA III is completely reworked (it isn´t develop on RTRA 2.0 Mod). After this, I told this to the TWC admin and asking for open that sub forum finally and develop the mod in english and he said that we have to release a version completely on english before to allow us this space on RTW Hosted Modification forum. These are the rules. Then I accepted/understood his rules/decission.

We decided to do everything on english to have more visibility in RTW Hosted Modifications Forum, but if we have to wait until publish the mod completely on english we are going to take a long time without this visibility, so we decided finally stay in this thread and develop the mod only in spanish version.

Maybe in the future, when the mod will be almost finished we will take this topic come back...

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

No English version? .. And I was just getting hyped to play some RTW again .
    Looks like it is a great mod. Sadly just another one to add to my wish list until a English version can be released.

It will be released in english eventually. =)

Senatorix's Avatar Libertus

Hello, I have a question. When will it be downloadable? perfect work.

RTRA 2.0 GOLD (spanish language) is avalaible in my forum since long time ago (follow the link of my signature).

RTRA III is in proccess and I havo no date for release. You have to wait for a BETA soon...

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Will this mod be available with BI 1.6 or only Rome vanilla?

RTRA III is a mod for Rome: Total War, Barbarian Invasion, Alexander 1.9. You need the two expasions (1.9 version). Everything will be played with alexander engine and historic naval battles with Barbarian Invasion.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

RTRA Gold (2.0) seems to only work with Vanilla Rome

Yep, RTRA 2.0 only work in Vanilla. Actually you needn´t intall RTW because everything is included in the RTRA 2.0 intallation pack. You only need your original CD of RTW.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I would love to help with translating !

Still is soon, but of course, you are welcomed.

- UNIQUE CHARACTERS -

The RTRA III historical characters is created by the Alexander platform. We are trying to generate the most amount possible to provide the most historical experience. They could be generals, diplomats or even spies...

AMANIRENAS

ARSAMES I

BERENIKE II

BOUDICEA

KAUTILYA

KLEOMENES III

KLEOPATRA VII

SABRAKAMANI

TEUTA

VIRIATHUS

Last edited by Solon de Atenas; February 13, 2020 at 02:42 PM.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

I have also created UI folders for Barbarian, Greek, Roman,Nomad (Scythian Saka Sarmatian) and Eastern cultures. Instead of the Computer image general pictures i mostly used photograph images of real people from historical films or TV shows or images of reenactors. I might upload them to TWC soon.