Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism Anábasis III

Default Re: Rome Total Realism Anábasis III

Hello, is this mod only available in spanish?

I have finished the units and units cards of: ROMANI, PERGAMONOI, BAKTRIOI (only greek part), MAKEDONIKOI, PTOLEMAIKOI, SELEUKIDOI (only greek part), PUNICI, LAKEDAIMONIOI, HELLENIKOI, LUSITANI, EDETANI, AOR_AFRICA, AOR_ARABIA, AOR_CELTIBERIA, AOR_AEGYPTOS, AOR_HELLAS, AOR_HISPANIA, AOR_ILLYRIA, AOR_ITALIA, AOR_THRAKE, MERCS & UNIQUE UNITS and a few BONUS UNITS. (Other barbarian and eastern factions and AORs are developed by our team).

The mod is still under development. If you want download the pictures of the preview, here is the link: https://mega.nz/#!vJwAXIxJ!q2ujp4gMZ...uPVCmVpa1uzcgo

ROMANI

Pictures are no longer available.

PERGAMONOI

BAKTRIOI

MAKEDONIKOI

PTOLEMAIKOI

SELEUKIDOI

PUNICI

LAKEDAIMONIOI

NABATAIOI

SABAIOI

LUSITANI

EDETANI

HELLENIKOI

REGIONALES_AOR

MERCENARIAS Y UNICAS

BONUS

Last edited by Solon de Atenas; February 13, 2020 at 02:50 PM.

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@Solon de Atenas these models are excellent, well done laddie +rep
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Very nice work! What else needs to be done before the mod is ready for release?

Still, barbarian (HAEDUI, ICENI, SUEBI and AOR units) and eastern (ARMENIKOI, PONTIKOI PARTHOI, KIMMERIOI and AOR units) and maurya faction, has to be done. Now, I´m working on battle formations to release a beta sooner as possible (Only for custom battles). You know, I took a long time to make the units fit with animations and many other things...

That’s a lot of work left, good luck!

Looking good!

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Great job Solon ! In the mercenarias y unicas,in the second line,there is a hoplite like unit,that has something that depicts an eye hanging from his shield.Could you please tell me what exactly is it ?

Hi crazyroman!!

This unit is the greek mercenary hoplite, who represent the proffesional soldiers who decided dedicate their life to war because greek lands were own by great oligarchs during the hellenistic period. These hoplites are more experienced than usual city-soldiers, so their equipment look much better. In this case, these hoplites carry an "aspis" named "hoplon" which add a curtain. You can find some references on pictures below. Apparently, this kind of devices were used during classical period and it could protect from arrows.

In my mod, I don´t add additional defense points for that, but it works good as a decorative thing.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Solon de Atenas; February 13, 2020 at 02:55 PM.

i am looking here and see every time interesting details

Thank you!!

We are worning on Barbarian factions right now! Soon it will be new updates!!

Begining with barbarian factions (Iceni, AOR_Britannia, Haedui, AOR_Gallia, Suebi, AOR_Germania and Mer&Uniques).
    Only a small sketch...

Last edited by Solon de Atenas; February 13, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Hey I've worked out a new stat system that fixes the AI (better than darth); it causes battles to have only minimal casualties on the winner's side and hugely varying casualties on the loser's side. Furthermore I've been working on a geography/climate system that is light-weight, gorgeous and realistic with more attention paid to farms and other ambient buildings like logging camps, interested?

Quote Originally Posted by 20ninescene View Post
    Furthermore I've been working on a geography/climate system that is light-weight, gorgeous and realistic with more attention paid to farms and other ambient buildings like logging camps, interested?
    Could you send it to me via pm? I would like to see it and check if some could be used in EBII, either as a submod or even presenting it to the team. If you wouldn't mind x)

Hey I've worked out a new stat system that fixes the AI (better than darth); it causes battles to have only minimal casualties on the winner's side and hugely varying casualties on the loser's side. Furthermore I've been working on a geography/climate system that is light-weight, gorgeous and realistic with more attention paid to farms and other ambient buildings like logging camps, interested?
    Of course!! Please, let me know more about it.

=)

Daminios's Avatar Civis

Wow !!
    This is very very big news ..... well done
    I look forward to hearing feedback on how this functions in game .
    cheers

Well, I have a personal system to develop RTRA III battle system. Mainly this is based on unit experience and specificly on stat mental.

Obviously, I got deeper on the weapon/lethality aspect to manage what different weapons type affect differently to each unit type. But, as I said, one of the most important aspect on RTRA III mod is the soldiers stamina. The reason is that ancient battles was producing the casualties when the lines were broken and soldiers were running away. I´m trying to simulate this as much as possible without extremelly long and boring battles. I´m much more linked to the EB battle system, which I think that is the most accurate, than RSII one, but developed by myself.

In addition, every armour or shield type has the same value. Also weapon type, but condcionating its attack value by the unit base training. So, if hoplite spear has a base value of 14, then a highly trained hoplite will have an attack value of 15 and untrained one of 13 points. Every weapon will be coding following same system and condicionated by lethality parameter too. So different weapons, even with the same attack factor will produce different effects by the lethality aspect.

As many other resources, I´m sharing here my battle system sorted by EDU lines. If anyone wants futher information about this system, please, contact with me by MP. But of course I´m really interested on test new battle or climate systems.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Solon de Atenas; July 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM.

Regarding defense values: I keep shield and especially armour values very low but I give high defense skill values and multiple HP per unit (HP functions now as armour/shield coverage while armour functions as armour quality) while giving high missile values combined with certain attributes depending on the type of projectile, this circumvents the foot missile bug and as a result the AI will be extremely aggressive with skirmishers to the point where it handles them better than a human player in most situations.

Also this causes frontal melee battles to become much less deadly (only very low casualty rates) but once a unit breaks, gets flanked or a light unit receives heavy missile fire there is a very big chance a battle line will collapse within a matter of seconds.

Usually the winner ends up with around 1-5% casualties and the loser with 5-95% casualties. The only 3 scenarios with high casualties on both sides that are likely to happen with this system are: 1. when a immobile army manages to defeat a horse archer army, 2. when the opposite flanks in both lines break simultaneously or 3. one army knows to regain the upper hand and win after having having part of it's line broken.
    Last edited by 20ninescene; August 04, 2019 at 08:18 AM.

Perfect. This look very interesting. Anyway, what happend with armour/weapon bonuses included by blacksmiths buildings?

They'd still be relevant, btw: it's possible to code troops per armour type using weapon types and having blacksmith buildings as a requirement to recruit armoured troops and for example a foundry for the heaviest of cataphracts or armoured elephants.

This is done by setting a for example -10 weapon penalty as the default for armoured troops and unlocking them with a +10 weapon bonus

You could have 1 level per settlement size level:
    1: unlocks troops with light armour but no boni
    2: unlocks troops with medium armour but no boni
    3: unlocks troops with heavy armour but no boni by default but a bonus of 1 if tin or iron is present
    4: All troops are already unlocked in the previous level but it adds a bonus of 1 by default and 2 when tin or iron is present
    5: All troops are already unlocked in the previous level but it adds a bonus of 2 by default and 3 when tin or iron is present and a faction wide bonus of 1 when tin is present (which can unlock units in other settlements)
    Last edited by 20ninescene; August 08, 2019 at 06:55 AM.