Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 terrorist attacks

Default Re: 2017 terrorist attacks

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Don't you mean "The Saudis are helping the legitimate government of Yemen" just like the Iranians and Russians are in Syria?
    AFAIK Houthis did not intent to enslave or kill every non-Houthi, while wahhabi "opposition" (FSA/ISIS/Al-Nusra, etc.) intends on killing or enslaving every non-wahhabi.
    You can interpret it as you want, but it is a de-facto military occupation. Saudis also intervened in Bahrain. So yeah, there is no difference between Saudis and ISIS.

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Do these people know that these dead "crusaders" are actually teenage girls?
    I don't think someone who commits such acts has the mental balance to even comprehend it. It's the monolith complex, and I think we're heading full speed ahead into it more and more. Absolutely despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Davius View Post
    This was not terrorism but the latest installment of 'cultural enrichment'. So far we have 50+ partially enriched and 22 permanently enriched. Yay multiculturalism!
    What an idiotic argument to make. This has nothing to do with multiculturalism. There is absolutely no connection.

For once I agree with Setekh. It is just a coincidence that all suecide bombers are Muslim. Just because it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, doesn't mean that it's a duck. Could be a goose or something.
    Is it a coincidence that that information you base your post on is false?

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    What are you saying here? That there's literally no connection? Then where are all the atheist suicide bombers? I never said it stems from Islam. But you need to be in staggering levels of denial to ignore even the correlation. It's just a huge coincidence? Is that what I'm being told.

Of course Islam is a precondition to Islamic terrorism, that doesn't mean it's the causal factor.
    Where are all the atheist suicide bombers? You've seen some in Turkey in the previous years. Throughout history we've seen suicide bombers from all shapes and forms. It was a non-Muslim group like Tamil Tigers that made it a popular choice to use suicide belts after all. What I said in my previous posts are quite clear. You can try to address them and acknowledge the idiocy of your points or you can dance around them to avoid it and make demagoguery on dead people.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

"We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

Liberals who claim that this has nothing to do with Islam today are being as unhelpful and as ignorant as conservatives who claim that this represents all of Islam. The problem so obviously has something to do with Islam. That something is Islamism, or the desire to impose any version of Islam over any society. Jihadism is the attempt to do so by force. This ideology of Islamism has been rising almost unchecked among Muslims for decades. It is a theocratic ideology, and theocracy should no longer have any place in the world today

In the long run, only reducing the local appeal of this ideology will solve the problem. Whereas Islam today requires reform, the Islamist ideology must be intellectually terminated. To do so requires first acknowledging it exists, isolating it from Muslims, devising a strategy to challenge it, and then backing the voices that do.
    Written by a Muslim.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ts-are-muslims
    When the doctrine of allegiance to party can utterly up-end a man's moral constitution and make a temporary fool of him besides, what excuse are you going to offer for preaching it, teaching it, extending it, perpetuating it? Shall you say, the best good of the country demands allegiance to party? Shall you also say it demands that a man kick his truth and his conscience into the gutter, and become a mouthing lunatic, besides?
    Mark Twain

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Is it a coincidence that that information you base your post on is false?
    My bad. 90% of suicide bombers is what I should have said. Or 100% of suicide bombers in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    AFAIK Houthis did not intent to enslave or kill every non-Houthi, while wahhabi "opposition" (FSA/ISIS/Al-Nusra, etc.) intends on killing or enslaving every non-wahhabi.
    You can interpret it as you want, but it is a de-facto military occupation. Saudis also intervened in Bahrain. So yeah, there is no difference between Saudis and ISIS.
    There you go again putting the entire FSA into one bracket.
    Does the government of Yemen plan to kill all non-Wahhabis? no? then your point is irrelevant.

Where are all the atheist suicide bombers? You've seen some in Turkey in the previous years. Throughout history we've seen suicide bombers from all shapes and forms. It was a non-Muslim group like Tamil Tigers that made it a popular choice to use suicide belts after all. What I said in my previous posts are quite clear. You can try to address them and acknowledge the idiocy of your points or you can dance around them to avoid it and make demagoguery on dead people.
    Alright Setekh, what does motivate your average western suicide bomber then? If it pure coincidence that they're all Islamists?
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by Telamon View Post
    Ah, wordplay at its best. In reality, he outlines fascism as the problem.

My bad. 90% of suicide bombers is what I should have said. Or 100% of suicide bombers in the western world.
    90%? Does that include groups like Tamil Tigers or other random cases? This is not a pissing contest. It doesn't matter

Alright Setekh, what does motivate your average western suicide bomber then? If it pure coincidence that they're all Islamists?
    Sigh... You're deflecting. There are amplitude of reasons why people are pushed to blow themselves up. It's no different from why non-Muslims did it through out history.
    The Armenian Issue

A George Orwell quote in your sig and you can't see when you're being duped. Aside from the brainless strawman of the article, the snake oil charlatan who wrote it regularly advocates intervening in Syria on the side of the numerous fanatics cut from the same cloth as yesterday's attacker.

Ah, wordplay at its best. In reality, he outlines fascism as the problem.
    Yeah be should be really tolerant towards people who openly declare their wish to kill us.

But why stop there? Honestly why don't we westerners just committ collective suicide? It'll be easier for everyone.

First we abolish secularism and install sharia law to appease our guests; this comes of course we the separation of men and women in public places and obligating women to cover themselves in front of Muslims for solidarity (something actually suggested by the current Austrian president Van der Bellen).

After the Muslim masses are well settled, we round up atheists and pagans first and get rid of them. Then the remaining westerners are given a gun and they shoot their brains out. Is it good enough for you? Would that appease you?

Akrotatos's Avatar Vicarius

90%? Does that include groups like Tamil Tigers or other random cases? This is not a pissing contest. It doesn't matter
    http://cpostdata.uchicago.edu/search_results_new.php

Well, in this great site if you click on all the Islamic groups (removed Arab secular groups and Kurdish): 2749 attacks, 32292 dead, 81230 wounded

ALL THE REST PUT TOGETHER: 2707 attacks, 23010 dead, 54786 wounded. Granted, most of the groups listed here are from Muslim countries. I bet there is a correlation somewhere there.

I have probably misclicked a few groups but Islamists make up more than 50% of all attacks worldwide since 1974 with the most victims.

You can play with the filters as much as you want. Btw, if you narrow the search in Europe, 100% are islamists and "uknown" which means not affiliated to known groups, not non-Islamist per se.

Carry on fighting gentlemen, only now do it with real data
    Gems of TWC:

News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It does, yes. http://cpostdata.uchicago.edu/search_results_new.php
    You can count them yourself. There were about 160 Suicide attacks carried out by the Tamil tigers according to Wikipedia.
    This map shows 5430 suicide bombings. In Baghdad alone there were over 500. Which makes suicide bombings by the Tamil Tigers a whopping 3%.
    So really, 90% was a too low figure, sorry for misleading you.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519

It's an American piece, and I know the US has a problem with a politically over-correct liberal faction. IMHO there's a far bigger problem atm than a few hippies being unwilling to shed their 70's belief in love and harmony amongst all. In Europe, not willing to acknowledge a problem with Islam is simply not a widely accepted stance, including amongst liberals. The issue are 99% about what action is justified and effective. The populist right, wittingly or unwittingly, mistake the refusal by the mainstream (not just the left) to compromise fundamental constitutional rights for unwillingness to recognize there is a problem at all. It's as if when you do not wish to abolish freedom of religion or refuse to take measures against fellow citizens based on their ancestry or faith rather than their actions that signifies you're "not recognizing the problem with Islam". Frankly I find it very difficult to accept that people who argue like that are sincere, and to accept that they might just be of below average intelligence.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Akrotatos View Post

Well, in this great site if you click on all the Islamic groups (removed Arab secular groups and Kurdish): 2749 attacks, 32292 dead, 81230 wounded

ALL THE REST PUT TOGETHER: 2707 attacks, 23010 dead, 54786 wounded. Granted, most of the groups listed here are from Muslim countries. I bet there is a correlation somewhere there.

I have probably misclicked a few groups but Islamists make up more than 50% of all attacks worldwide since 1974 with the most victims.

You can play with the filters as much as you want. Btw, if you narrow the search in Europe, 100% are islamists and "uknown" which means not affiliated to known groups, not non-Islamist per se.

Why don't you be more specific Mr Real Data? The vast bulk of mass casualty Islamist terrorist attacks in Europe and abroad are almost always perpetrated by violent Salafi Takfiris.

Sigh... You're deflecting. There are amplitude of reasons why people are pushed to blow themselves up. It's no different from why non-Muslims did it through out history.
    Am I deflecting? There are an amplitude of reasons why people blow themselves up. It does not negate the fact that in Europe it's not the IRA doing it. You'll note nowhere do I say that terrorism is a Muslim issue, but it seems you've taken it that way. When one of the consistent terrorist threats in Europe comes from Islamists pointing at the Tamil Tigers and saying "they do it too" is just deflection. Yeah, they do. Not in Europe though, and not for the reasons Islamists do. Look, perfect is the enemy of the good; I am not saying that Islam causes terrorism - I am saying that Islamist terrorism is a problem in the Muslim community for reasons that should be addressed instead of the tired old "religion of peace amirite" memes. Like the fact that a lot of these people are small-time criminals, possibly radicalized in prison.

- John Ball (1381)

Quote Originally Posted by The Gurkhan View Post
    Why don't you be more specific Mr Real Data? The vast bulk of mass casualty Islamist terrorist attacks in Europe and abroad are almost always perpetrated by violent Salafi Takfiris.
    There is the link, use it. Do you want also pre-chewed food?
    Gems of TWC:

JP226's Avatar Suspended

Is it tru the bomber was Asian or possibly Italian?

There is the link, use it. Do you want also pre-chewed food?

I forget there're still many illiterate parts of the world where English isn't really spoken. My apologies. Is it Khomeinists, Ibadis, Barelvis, mainstream Sunnis etc causing these attacks or violent Salafi takfiris?

Quote Originally Posted by JP226 View Post
    Is it tru the bomber was Asian or possibly Italian?
    Apparently Libyan. Family came here to escape Qaddafi........
    Last edited by The Gurkhan; May 23, 2017 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Yeah be should be really tolerant towards people who openly declare their wish to kill us.

But why stop there? Honestly why don't we westerners just committ collective suicide? It'll be easier for everyone.

First we abolish secularism and install sharia law to appease our guests; this comes of course we the separation of men and women in public places and obligating women to cover themselves in front of Muslims for solidarity (something actually suggested by the current Austrian president Van der Bellen).

After the Muslim masses are well settled, we round up atheists and pagans first and get rid of them. Then the remaining westerners are given a gun and they shoot their brains out. Is it good enough for you? Would that appease you?
    Oh for gods sake... What a juvenile bunch of arguments that disregards anything I say, or any facts or common sense or logic in general. You are not gonna impress anyone with such a post. It only helps you to dig a deeper hole.

Not Islamist, but separatists or groups with political goals make up the majority of those attacks. Just because a group's name sounds Muslimy doesn't make it Islamist. News flash but groups like al-Qaeda or Taliban are not Islamist.

It does, yes. http://cpostdata.uchicago.edu/search_results_new.php
    You can count them yourself. There were about 160 Suicide attacks carried out by the Tamil tigers according to Wikipedia.
    This map shows 5430 suicide bombings. In Baghdad alone there were over 500. Which makes suicide bombings by the Tamil Tigers a whopping 3%.
    So really, 90% was a too low figure, sorry for misleading you.

Europe has about 45 million Muslims, minus the 80 million in Turkey. Yet, by your database, there were only 65 suicide bombings (civilian and political targets) in Europe (I included Turkey as well thought the database lacks a great number of attacks from PKK) between 1974 and 2016, a span of 42 years. Overwhelming majority of the attacks come from groups with political targets, not religious.

65 against how many in Iraq? 748. A country of 38 million. What's the real trend here? How is it that even though there are more Muslims in Europe then there are in Iraq there are hell of a lot less suicide bombings even though they are living among non-Muslims hell of a lot more?

Am I deflecting? There are an amplitude of reasons why people blow themselves up. It does not negate the fact that in Europe it's not the IRA doing it. You'll note nowhere do I say that terrorism is a Muslim issue, but it seems you've taken it that way. When one of the consistent terrorist threats in Europe comes from Islamists pointing at the Tamil Tigers and saying "they do it too" is just deflection. Yeah, they do. Not in Europe though, and not for the reasons Islamists do. Look, perfect is the enemy of the good; I am not saying that Islam causes terrorism - I am saying that Islamist terrorism is a problem in the Muslim community for reasons that should be addressed instead of the tired old "religion of peace amirite" memes. Like the fact that a lot of these people are small-time criminals, possibly radicalized in prison.
    Of course you are deflecting since you're not really trying to address what I type. You're trying to bring Islam and terrorism together for the negative connotation meanwhile trying not to make it sound too glaring to avoid how stupid it sounds. You called Islam a precondition for a suicide attack and then you tell us that you're not saying that Islam causes terrorism. You're all over the place.
    The Armenian Issue

Cool story bro.

And which of the groups are separatist and committed suicide attacks in Europe?

PS: Thnx for the quote. It will take a while before somebody beats this one.
    Gems of TWC:

You must be willfully misreading me. Islam isn't a precondition for a terrorist attack, but it's a precondition for an Islamist attack. I mean the clue is in the name. I'd imagine being Tamil is pretty much a precondition for a Tamil Tiger attack. Your trying to paint me as some bigot, if you want to fair enough - but I think I'm the least of your problems. I don't think there's a causal link, I think that social factors are critical when looking at motivation. I'm simply acknowledging the plain fact that yes, a disproportionate number of attacks stem from the Muslim community - therefore there are problems there that need to be addressed, but simplistic narratives such as Islam=terror are only inaccurate. That's what I think, no matter how hard you try to colour me as some Islam=terror moron. My entire point initially is that we should get past this pointless debate and get into the actual substance of things.

- John Ball (1381)