Thread: Saxony units from Masters of Europe

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Saxony units from Masters of Europe

This was released in April, but I can't find a thread for it in the unit packs..

As usual, this is modular, all the textures and variants are in one pack, and you can just grab it and link your own uniform table to it if you want to reuse the uniforms in your own mod.

You can follow this link to see previews of all these units. A few samples below.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Saxony units from Masters of Europe

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi Steph, Is it possible to do this with other MoE factions like France? And how do I go about doing it? Do I edit the Uniforms_tables? Variantmodels?

Patrician Artifex

Masters of Europe in modular. Eeach faction, or group of factions, is in a separate mod pack.
    If you want to use uniforms from Masters of Europe, you need
    - To get the modpacks for this faction. Some have only one, major faction have 3 (variants, textures and icons are separated)
    - Get the "unitparts", this is mandatory as it contains some new meshes used by the other units.

And then you edit the uniform tables from your mod / vanilla, to reference Masters of Europe uniforms in the 3rd column.

You maye use MoE__Main.pack to help you, look at the uniform table there.

And for a few units, you may also need to edit the uniform_faction_colour.

I usually don't use it, but I did for Italians for example.

Civis

Greetings Steph.

From what I was reading, are you saying that we can use your unit packs that you have created, which are great by the way, and add them another mod, ex Darth Mod? If so can you please give me some more information on how to do this. Thank you.

Respectfully Bcl

Patrician Artifex

I just did that the post above.

Civis

Ok. I downloaded the Prussian textures, unit cards and varients. I extracted them to the Napoleon total war Data, and nothing happened.

This is where I get lost. "Get the "unitparts", this is mandatory as it contains some new meshes used by the other units.

And then you edit the uniform tables from your mod / vanilla, to reference Masters of Europe uniforms in the 3rd column.

You maye use MoE__Main.pack to help you, look at the uniform table there.

And for a few units, you may also need to edit the uniform_faction_colour". (Steph). I have the the DB editor, but I dont know how to make this into a mod pack, I know I am probably being a nuisance, but could you please help me?

Patrician Artifex

MoE_unitparts.pack.... you also need to download it.

Then if you want my textures to be used in another mod, you need to edit the other mod to reference my uniforms.

This is done in the uniforms table.

If you don't know how to do this, download PFM and look at the basic tutorials for it.

Civis

Ok I downloaded the 3 files for Austria (textures, UI, varents). I also downloaded MoE_unitparts.pack.
    I have PFM 3.5.2- All of the tutorials were for the older version, did not understand.
    I opened up the PFM, and it says browse for a directory. I did not no where to direct it to. It would be much easier if you would give me a step by step process, because I do not know how to make mods, and what you have told me does not give me specific details. I am still very lost. I do not know if I even need to extract the 3 files and the unit parts to the Napoleon total war data folder.
    DO I need to create a mod???

Patrician Artifex

If the tutorial are for an older version.... that's because they actually work better with NApoleon. I'm personally using 1.5.9.

Just open Darth Mod with PFM and modify the uniform table there.

Civis

I downloaded the Hessian Mod and the Unit parts and put both into my Napoleon total war data, but I could not find them in Custom Battle.
    I also downloaded the PFM 1.5.9. and opened it and it asked me to browse for a folder which I directed it to Napoleon total war Data. A grey screen came up and it had at the top File, I clicked on file and it asked me to open something up. I chose MOE_Hessian and then it began to show me the unit_tables, but when I clicked on it it said horse models. I didnt see any unit columns or anything. I still do not understand when you say modify unit table, what am I modifying it to? I have the DB editor installed, and know how to use that because it gives actual unit tables, but the PFM is just sub-catagories to click on. Forgive me Steph I still dont understand how to do something that is this simple. Please help. Thanks.

PS. How do you open Darthmod with PFM?

Patrician Artifex

There are some tutorials in the workshop explaining basic modding with PFM. Use them to learn a minimum.

Civis

Thanks. By adding your units, how do the unit uniforms change over time? Because I believe your mod has the ability for the units to change their uniforms over a period of time and DME does not have this. So that would mean the tables would have to be constantly changed according to the era or time period of the game correct? Anyways. Thank you for helping. Cheers.

Patrician Artifex

This is specific to Masters of Europe, you can do the same in another mod without heavy changes if said mod is not designed that way.
    However, you can decide what uniform you prefer: early or late war.

Or as you said, you could prepare several versions of the mod, for each period, and then in the userscript decide which one to use as your campaign progress.