Thread: End turn CTD and german tribes expansion

Default End turn CTD and german tribes expansion

I've been experiencing crashes at Seleukidai's turn, it doesn't always happen but I have to reopen the game three or four times for it not to crash.

My save file, in case anyone needs it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...05KZE5UMnBOQzQ

Also, what's the deal with the german tribes expansion? I can't play a game as Rome without having to deal with bloodthirsty germans at turn 60~80, it ruins my plans and always makes my campaign play out in the same way. I don't think it's historically accurate for german tribes to have huge armies with heavily equipped units at 249BC, they wore light equipment even at Teutoburg Forest.

Default Re: End turn CTD and german tribes expansion

If you are experiencing crashes then the following should help:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Personally I have problems with the Germanic tribes not being among Rome's early conquests

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you are experiencing crashes then the following should help:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself
    It worked! It was the Roman Recruitment mod. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAliarcy View Post
    Personally I have problems with the Germanic tribes not being among Rome's early conquests
    What do you mean? The romans never fully conquered the Germans for very good reasons, it would mean a lot of casualties and money invested.

I think he just means he likes to beat up on the barbarians!!

About the german expansions - this should be curtailed somewhat in 1.2.

I mean the Roman AI tends to go and invade Germania long before I think it should and just about make itself a very vertical empire, this happens in a lot of my campaigns as other factions and I find Roman stacks to be filled with Triarii and German auxiliaries.

Frankly I'd say you're just unlucky in that regard. Could be they're likely to go in that direction from some combination of starting positions and diplomatic relations with those factions, but I've seen the Roman AI go in every other direction too. It's more or less random, just influenced a bit by the starting positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I think he just means he likes to beat up on the barbarians!!

About the german expansions - this should be curtailed somewhat in 1.2.
    Oh good! Awesome work, Dresden.

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAliarcy View Post
    I mean the Roman AI tends to go and invade Germania long before I think it should and just about make itself a very vertical empire, this happens in a lot of my campaigns as other factions and I find Roman stacks to be filled with Triarii and German auxiliaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Frankly I'd say you're just unlucky in that regard. Could be they're likely to go in that direction from some combination of starting positions and diplomatic relations with those factions, but I've seen the Roman AI go in every other direction too. It's more or less random, just influenced a bit by the starting positions.
    Well, I play with Rome in most of my campaigns and it always goes down in pretty much the same way with the germanic tribes, they steamroll everything from Germania to the Alps and I have to stop them... Also, it's crazy how they can sustain so many tier III temples with just a few settlements.

To be fair, in history Rome did have to deal with a very large German "invasion" (*migration). If we had horde mechanics, we may be able to better simulate that.