Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

Icon3 Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

Greetings RTR fans! We are happy to inform you that we have released v3.1 of our RTR8 beta which features many improvements, tweaks and fixes.
    You can download it here

NOTE: You must have RTR 8 v3.0 installed prior to applying this patch. If you haven't installed v3.0, you can find the download link and install instructions here

Have fun!
    Rome Total Realism Project Dev Team Member and Head of Public Relations
    RTR VII Beta Tester/Dev Team Member
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.
    Proud patron of Aule_the_creator

Default Re: Rome Total Realism 8 Beta v3.1 Info and Download Links

We are now working on a v4.0 which will feature a lot of stuff and bring about even more fixes, and we expect it to be finished in a few months, so stay tuned
    Should any issues arise with v3.1 however, we will make and release a hotfix, of course!
    "Coasting through the intermission that separates day from day, I find myself feeling oddly at peace with reality. Despite everything, I think life will workout in the end. The world, as as I see it is a remarkable place." - DukeCanada, the interstellar wanderer.

do you have any plan of modification map for reduced lag version as like RS III reduced lag map

Quote Originally Posted by godoria View Post
    do you have any plan of modification map for reduced lag version as like RS III reduced lag map
    Hi godoria! Our mapping department is currently working on a brand new map that should be finished in a few months, so there's that
    Hopefully with the new map we'll see increased performance for those having lags with the current one, but that remains to be seen, sorry I do not have enough info on the subject nor can I guarantee it, but we'll make sure to address any issues that show up

Civis

nice mod but with very old units style from 2008-2010 year.. example roman units are with very old skins, why is it hmm? and btw if already have something unlocking from hardcode limits as i know have right? example units size and more nations? so why not put in the mod?? we need to wait 100 years to be unlocking full hardcode? rly i think rome 1 die every day because we need to wait and wait andddd wait ReDfox forrr blabla and blabla

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    nice mod but with very old units style from 2008-2010 year.. example roman units are with very old skins, why is it hmm? and btw if already have something unlocking from hardcode limits as i know have right? example units size and more nations? so why not put in the mod?? we need to wait 100 years to be unlocking full hardcode? rly i think rome 1 die every day because we need to wait and wait andddd wait ReDfox forrr blabla and blabla
    Hi Vilica!
    We want the mod to have a vanilla-ish touch to it, and be more akin to RTR6 than RTRVII, and that's why we decided to go with that units style
    Redfox's project was halted because it takes a lot of time and we need more experienced programmers and we couldn't find anyone that could/would help yet, so it's on a halt until we have someone to help.
    Last edited by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs; January 17, 2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typos

Civis

Hey, experienced programmers have a lot but they want a lot of money ;\ and that PARODIA ( CA ) with thеir hardcode limit only makes angry fans of TW -.- and now i will go in oficcial TW site and will troll them for fun because they need as we all see

Quote Originally Posted by Vilica View Post
    Hey, experienced programmers have a lot but they want a lot of money ;\ and that PARODIA ( CA ) with thеir hardcode limit only makes angry fans of TW -.- and now i will go in oficcial TW site and will troll them for fun because they need as we all see
    Well, the programmers do need to earn for a living first, and enjoy their hobbies second
    I'm sure that CA had their reasons for hardcoding, maybe out of fear that the game will become unstable, or because the engine was simply made that way. And, hopefully, one day, Refox's project will be finished.
    And no need for trolling, just enjoy the games and the mods, haha
    Last edited by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs; January 18, 2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: typo

I suggest you take a look at the new Alex engine and double the man that Rome Total War can handle,
    it would be epic with battles with 8000+ men vs 8000 (without reinforcements)...

just my 50 cent...

Quote Originally Posted by romavictoria View Post
    I suggest you take a look at the new Alex engine and double the man that Rome Total War can handle,
    it would be epic with battles with 8000+ men vs 8000 (without reinforcements)...

just my 50 cent...
    Hi romavictoria! Thank you for your input. We are trying to achieve a more realistic army ratios so we choose our units' men count carefully and proportionately

Quote Originally Posted by Vrosivs Avgvstvs Rakvs View Post
    Hi romavictoria! Thank you for your input. We are trying to achieve a more realistic army ratios so we choose our units' men count carefully and proportionately
    -Fantastic!

Hey, I've been playing RTR8 v3.1 for a little while now and I've come across an issue. Every time I capture Mediolanum, right before the Occupy, Expel, Enslave screen, the game crashes. I have not tried reinstalling the game yet but was wondering if there was anything I could do to fix this issue that is short of that, and is there anything I can do to stop this from happening again later in my campaign? I'm only into 255 B.C. which is not far into the game at all.

So I did a another playthrough and laid siege to Mediolanum again, this time in 267 BC. When I hit End Turn, the Gallic army comes out and fights me, I win, and the game crashes again. Is this city glitched? Why can't I capture this settlement?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin4762 View Post
    So I did a another playthrough and laid siege to Mediolanum again, this time in 267 BC. When I hit End Turn, the Gallic army comes out and fights me, I win, and the game crashes again. Is this city glitched? Why can't I capture this settlement?
    I have just played through your scenario to test your issue; Romans, summer 267 bc, besieged and captured the settlement killing all + Cintugnates the leader, exterminated, repaired, retrained and end turned without any problems. I know this may seem an obvious question, but have you remembered to restart the script? it is easy to forget to do it. Did you besiege continuously until they sallied out? I have heard of a situ where it is the sally out that is bugged but it was not in this mod. I can't see that you would have installed incorrectly in any way because it is a simple install. I'm sorry but I can't think of anything else it could be, I can only suggest you auto-resolve for now and see if that works. One other thing if you manage to continue your campaign, do NOT fight any bridge battles, there is a bug which causes a ctd, we have only just recently fixed it for our upcoming release of RTR 8 v4.0 beta
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; May 21, 2017 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Updated comment
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    I have just played through your scenario to test your issue; Romans, summer 267 bc, besieged and captured the settlement killing all + Cintugnates the leader, exterminated, repaired, retrained and end turned without any problems. I know this may seem an obvious question, but have you remembered to restart the script? it is easy to forget to do it. Did you besiege continuously until they sallied out? I have heard of a situ where it is the sally out that is bugged but it was not in this mod. I can't see that you would have installed incorrectly in any way because it is a simple install. I'm sorry but I can't think of anything else it could be, I can only suggest you auto-resolve for now and see if that works. One other thing if you manage to continue your campaign, do NOT fight any bridge battles, there is a bug which causes a ctd, we have only just recently fixed it for our upcoming release of RTR 8 v4.0 beta
    So aside from doing everything you've told me, I've done 4 things. First, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Game still crashed under yet another campaign with Rome. Then I deleted map.rwm and tried again. Interestingly, when I deleted this file. I was now able to upgrade Basic Trade Ports to Trade Port, which is something I hadn't been able to do earlier. After this, I decided to install Rome Total Realism on my laptop and playing another new campaign. Again, the game would crash at random points, either after an autoresolve battle or when I press end turn during the campaign map. Considering this laptop has an i3 processor and the campaign map does not really lag that much I was quite surprised. Honestly. I am totally out of ideas as to why this game does not run properly.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@Kevin4762 I'm really sorry you are still having problems, I have done exactly what you have done by uninstalling/reinstalling everything to try and get to the bottom of this issue and help you, but everything worked fine, I played around with different factions and scenarios too for about 4 hours. The only other possibility I can think of is that your RTR download is corrupted, you could try re-downloading again if you have any patience left. I will have a word with one of our members and get back to you if that fails..

The issue probably lies within the traits.. IIRC emodude had figured out that many CTD's were occurring due to traits being buggy. These have hence been fixed and will be included in the new release. Maybe when I talk to him again, I will see if he can include a hotfix for the current version.

Just to add on that, I've encountered a similar problem. I'm on turn 104, playing as Rome, and the game has run absolutely faultless, minus the bridge battles, but who needs those crap fests anyway? . I laid siege to Gauls last province (Numantia), I won the battle, it showed the character taking it over, and then crashed. I booted it up again thinking it might have just been a freak accident, autoresolved the battle, and crashed again. Did some research and found turning autosave off might work, but to no avail. I've tried leaving it alone and the game continues. I just really want to destroy the Gauls but it seems the game might be biased towards them . Is there a way to fix it, or am I doomed to keep them as allies to keep the game going? I'm playing on Alexander.

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Hello Team of the new RTR,
    I have a question:
    what graphical requirements does this mod have? My computer is unfortunately not the best.
    Here are my technical data:
    -Windows 7 Professional SP1
    -Classification: 3,1 performance index
    -Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU L7500 @1.60GHz 1.60GHz
    -RAM: 4,00 GB
    -System type: 64-bit

Is that enough? Many thanks in advance guys!

@ahowl11: If my computer is sufficient, I can help the team.

Best regards, Sejanvs.

Hey Gaius! Yes, you should be able to run the mod without any issues send me your email via PM and I can invite you to our dev site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast