Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

MillionSeven's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

Cartago Nova, Rhodes.. Some of us dreamed with one game with all of the great cities of the antiquity..
    A dream comes true!!!
    We are desesperated for see more!! For see Tarraco, Antioch, Lugdunum, Leptis Magna, Pompeii, Emerita Augusta..!

THANKS ALL OF YOU

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Which unit is this?

Or better, whats the shield patterns name in PFM?
    this is the early praetorian guard unit.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    THese custom battle maps are part of the main campaign right? not custom battles?!!
    Yes all of these will be part of the campaign. testing is ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by MillionSeven View Post
    Cartago Nova, Rhodes.. Some of us dreamed with one game with all of the great cities of the antiquity..
    A dream comes true!!!
    We are desesperated for see more!! For see Tarraco, Antioch, Lugdunum, Leptis Magna, Pompeii, Emerita Augusta..!

THANKS ALL OF YOU
    Almost all of those are in the works (plans for now) along with much more.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maps are looking awesome how about a YouTube spotlight?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by San Felipe View Post
    Maps are looking awesome how about a YouTube spotlight?

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
    have something in the works with that as well - but wont be release until closer to the release

New map added - Roma. Have fun. It's a large map and there are things I find everyday that I could fix. Please provide some contructive feedback. Make sure to check out the escalations as well - Petellius helped on that part: adding a prolonged siege feel to it.

Make sure to visit and subscribe to the steam pack to get updates and information on how to download and use (very important): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=885771146

Raw file to download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...lU0dWZJYnBwLUU

Enjoy!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by UMCenturion; April 05, 2017 at 02:36 AM.

OMG am i dreaming? Brilliant work.

Any plans to Alexandria?
    Athens is going to have the long walls connecting the city to the port?
    There are going to have triple walls in Carthage?

Played in Rome and I really like it, the circus Maximus is amazing and escalation adds something special with the camps encircling Rome. The only issue I have (it may be supposed to be like this though) is that on escalation level 2 one of the camps outside the city was destroyed, maybe the game detects its a wall and gives it damage just like the rest (enemy walls and towers). It was almost flat, all tents destroyed, no towers and the palisade destroyed. Don't know if its possible to make it indestructible (it should be IMO). Other than that, it's an amazing work and I congratulate the team.

yes all plans for those cities @Andresimoes.

@Franco_Nico - thanks for the update - no that is not supposed to happen. That issue will be fixed in the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco_Nico View Post
    Played in Rome and I really like it, the circus Maximus is amazing and escalation adds something special with the camps encircling Rome. The only issue I have (it may be supposed to be like this though) is that on escalation level 2 one of the camps outside the city was destroyed, maybe the game detects its a wall and gives it damage just like the rest (enemy walls and towers). It was almost flat, all tents destroyed, no towers and the palisade destroyed. Don't know if its possible to make it indestructible (it should be IMO). Other than that, it's an amazing work and I congratulate the team.
    This will be fixed once the main AE file gets updated, for some reason all the variables that effect that are in the battle mechanics part of the game???
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Looking great. Just a thing, is the Senate model from RII is added in, and how about adding in the port of Ostia or the Tarpeian rock. Would be nice to see a cliff in Rome.
    Another thing, part of my constructive feedback would be to add in more hills, so when you're attacking Rome as a solider, you can see these buildings overlap which gives Rome that distinctive look. This is the Republican version of Rome, so will we see the Imperial version more expanded etc? Or will you stick with this one?

A question, will you change the look of clothing for civilians? Togas for Romans etc? A nice aesthetic touch.

What I like about the maps, is that it's got a creative outlook, it doesn't have any sort of rigid max model, meaning in RII, you came at the same map every single time. There's a lot of diversity here, so great job on the maps.

You could this feedback for the Imperial Rome stuff. There's lots of pictures online when you search reconstruction for Ancient Rome. And there's plenty to add in Doomon's thread, so there's no lack of pictures to take some inspiration from.

For example, you could divide Rome into four parts, like one part is the Richest, and the other part showing the market etc. The richest part would be the Senate, and their should be lots of gardens in Rome etc, I mean you like at some Roman TV series, HBO Rome and Julius Cesar, so you could do something similar etc.

Like if you look at this picture when you look at Portsmouth from the ferry. Notice how the buildings overlap, so with Rome, you could add some hills, plant some Temples etc. It'll give that sense.
    Here's the image I was talking about, the temples are towering, dwarfing the other buildings.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3bf2dcd242.jpg

Observe the picture here, see how the temples are quite big and there's some stuff there? I'm not an expert in geography or architecture, but what I'm saying is don't just keep Rome a flat city, it could do with some hills, some elevations, some slopes etc. To add it in TERRY or TED.

With the Circus Maximius, you could add some buildings towering over it. Just a suggestion, I don't have access to my normal computer, but when I do I'm def going to check out Rome. It will be fun to see Parthian Cataphracts charging down the streets of Roma

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EGAR2N/reco...der-EGAR2N.jpg

I would also suggest how about having some 4 x 4 temple environments, as you see the Temples are like overlapping each other, or fashioned into a block of that kind.
    https://www.usu.edu/markdamen/ClasDr...pitalrecon.jpg

So going into TED, add in four temples surrounding each other, copy and paste so you could get it either.

See in this Tom Holland book, how the temples are overlapping etc. Something like that.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

These are all just suggestions, so take what you need and ignore the rest.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; April 05, 2017 at 05:53 AM.

That works, suggestions welcome. Rome will be a constant wip - as there are so many things to do with it, and try to bring it to life through AE

I agree with San Felipe´s ideas. There should be an Imperial Version for Rome too, which would be more expanded and sumptuous. Gardens, the Collosseum, Hills and different districts... Rome, as former "capital of the world" should really stand out from the other settlements, it deserves to be the biggest and most impressive custom city.

Imperial rome is in the plans, with jupiter maximus, capmus martius aquaducts, etc.

Great

I've just played Rome and I have to say, it is fantastic, even better than the RII Rome. I can see the foundation for Imperial Rome and I am sure it's going to be amazing. It's really great, really love the fantastic visuals, the long buildings, the Temples, and when you add in the stuff for Imperial Rome, I am just amazed, you made this map really great

Thank you for making an excellent map! Cannot wait to see it expanded in future updates

Thanks. I will begin more work on custom maps - such as imperial rome as soon as I am finished with the last three generics that I am about to preview.

New preview - river maps. The importance of getting these finished was vital to the campaign, as river maps were unable to be ported over from Rome 2. These 3 generics + Attila's barbarian map will have to be used for river cities.

I have also begun creating custom loading screen and radar maps for each custom settlement as you can see below.

Thats awesome man. That Greek River City With the Island reminds me alot of Leutetia (modern Paris)