Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] Settlement and Battlemap BETA Maps Released

That Syracuse is truly a work of art

Sweet Jesus man, you saying this map will be in the grand campaign?!! OMG...

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Update: Guys just wanted to let you know that there has been good progress made. It has been a while, and I can certainly say we are not the best marketing team on the planet, but we are hard at work in finishing this mod.

I dont want to spoil anything, so pictures will not be released, but here are a list of custom cities that are completed and will be playable in campaign. Some have already been previewed or are playable through the battlemap pack
    - Rome
    - Carthage (Doomans)
    - Alexandria (Doomans)
    - Jerusalem (Doomans)
    - Rhodes
    - Ephesus
    - Corinth
    - Carthago Nova
    - Antioch
    - Ctesiphon
    - Syracuse
    - various Roman, Egyptian, Eastern, Barbarian, and Greek generic settlements

A list of near plans that may or may not finished before release.
    - Neapolis
    - Mediolanum
    - Pella
    - Cyrene
    - Alesia
    - Palmyra

ooooo can you take the map from the siege of Alesia for Alesia? Also, can you literally take the walls and towers from Ceasars defenses and make a new Fort out of them to replace what we have now??? PLEASE JESUS SAY YES!

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Totalknight View Post
    ooooo can you take the map from the siege of Alesia for Alesia? Also, can you literally take the walls and towers from Ceasars defenses and make a new Fort out of them to replace what we have now??? PLEASE JESUS SAY YES!
    I have been trying without luck. It's weird, that I can import and historical cities. but ive learned somethings since the last time I have. so you never know

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

The next map I will work on will be in spain. thanks for the suggestions - here's a sneak peak at Syracuse.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Donīt get me wrong, I think you have done a wonderfull work with Syracuse, but as an ancient-historian (Althistoriker) I have to aks this:
    Is this version just one developement phase of Syracuse, like "Town" and in the next phase "City" the Epipolai is also embattled or represents this version the final development of the fortification?

I ask this because the fortification you show us represtents the state during the siege of Athens 415-413 BC in the Peloponnesian war. But already between 402 - 397 BC, under the tyrant Dionysios I., the Epipolai was fortified!

I think you can understand my curiosity.^^ Anyway, great job with the citymaps! Cheers!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Yes - technically. I understand that Syracuse was a lot bigger city than presented - unfortunately, limitations to TED for Attila forces me to situate the city as such. If I make it any bigger, the map wouldnt work. Again, unfortunate, and you will see a few cities like this. These maps are intended to add unique sieges, different than what anyone is used to with less focus on historical accuracy of scale, due to the limitations. I can try to add fortifications to this, but it would be merely for aesthetic reasons, and not actually usable.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; June 21, 2017 at 09:50 PM.

Yes - technically. I understand that Syracuse was a lot bigger city than presented - unfortunately, limitations to TED for Attila forces me to situate the city as such. If I make it any bigger, the map wouldnt work. Again, unfortunate, and you will see a few cities like this. These maps are intended to add unique sieges, different than what anyone is used to with less focus on historical accuracy of scale, due to the limitations. I can try to add fortifications to this, but it would be merely for aesthetic reasons, and not actually usable.
    Yeah, I thought that game limitations would be prohibiting an embattled Epipolai. But I just had to ask!^^
    And for sure you will achieve your goal. Those citys are amazing! And who cares for some little unaccuracy if the core of the city is correct? Iīm for sure not. Thatīs the reason I asked if there were upgrade-phases, and didnīt call it unhistorical - itīs a game, and games are A) to some degree unrealistic and B) have limitations!
    Nah, the map is alredy fine. I donīt think theres the need to place just aesthetic fortifications.^^
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Sweet Jesus man, you saying this map will be in the grand campaign?!! OMG...
    All the maps shown here should be. I developed a tool capable of replacing campaign maps which we're using to replace the maps.
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

That's correct. I've tested all maps I have made and all work in campaign thanks to the tool causeless had created

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

woot? nice!
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

WILL the maps on the campaign map look good? they wont look like the western empire settlements did .. all ghetto lol

The custom maps will be used in the campaign (for the most part)
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

did you make naples map?

Quote Originally Posted by Gongo80 View Post
    did you make naples map?
    Naples is in the plan in the near future. Definately

WILL the maps on the campaign map look good? they wont look like the western empire settlements did .. all ghetto lol
    I believe so - we were able to port most from Rome 2, so it will have that feel, as far as cities, on the attila terrain.

You guys are doing some serious work.. God I cannot wait!! I Just wish someone was able to give us a better fort. I was thinking when you select the stance for your army, you get the choice between a temporary cheaper camp like what they have now or a more expensive fort that has walls like the battle of Alesia map had for ceasar, with actual walls to stand on. Also, removing that ugly looking spike thingy that shows up now on the campaign map and instead a real fort.. one can dream...

well, good.
    if you need some stuff to make naples, maybe i can help with some research

Is this mod going to be campaign playable before summer ends?

Ok found a good example, this fort is nice, wish it had gates but just a short wall covering the entrance but open is good enough like now. It's a mod on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1Rwt0chbw&t=1944s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5180.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by NateTheGreat1990 View Post
    Is this mod going to be campaign playable before summer ends?
    Yes. That's all I will say.
    Last edited by UMCenturion; June 26, 2017 at 12:16 AM.