Page 184 of 188 FirstFirst ... 84134159174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188 LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 3754

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria II

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria II

I guess, now after they have left their defence positions the HTS is an easier target for airstrikes.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Coming from the guy who just tried to claim the US supporting Turkey also means its supporting HTS is hilarious.
    Whats even funnier is that by claiming the US is supporting HTS by supplying Turkey, you fully admit your country is supplying and supporting jihadists in Syria. Yet pages ago you were claiming this wasn't true. Flip flopping just to try and win an argument. Thats pathetic.
    All the while, you still can't answer the question.
    Except I didn't claim that. You really need to find a better train of thought. You're trying to compensate. That's actually your claim.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; March 03, 2020 at 02:54 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Except I didn't claim. You really need to find a better train of thought. You're trying to compensate. That's actually your claim.
    Except you did. You've taken up that argument for other a page now. And still avoiding my question too.

You're the one who sarcastically implied that the US supplying Turkey means the US is supporting the HTS. I took up the argument that no it doesn't mean that and you have argued against my point for over a page now. You've definitely taken up the claim even if you are trying to now weasel out of it.

If i actually agreed with you that the US supplying Turkey means the US supports HTS, you'd either have to agree with me thus also agreeing that Turkey supports HTS, or you will have to argue against your on crappy point you set-up. The irony.

They are not allowed, hence why despite very intensive usage of dozens of drones for days, they only managed to take out 3(confirmed), while losing great numbers of men, vehicles, aircrafts and artillery/air defence batteries, and a few generals and colonels as well, TAF is aware of risks, they take their steps carefully.

This is basically an airstrike duel between Turkey and Russia, both sides inflict great damage on other side's allies. SAA cannot take this for a long time either but if the situation remains same, SAA will likely outlast the opposition

Except you did. You've taken up that argument for other a page now. And still avoiding my question too.

You're the one who sarcastically implied that the US supplying Turkey means the US is supporting the HTS. I took up the argument that no it doesn't mean that and you have argued against my point for over a page now. You've definitely taken up the claim even if you are trying to now weasel out of it.

If i actually agreed with you that the US supplying Turkey means the US supports HTS, you'd either have to agree with me thus also agreeing that Turkey supports HTS, or you will have to argue against your on crappy point you set-up. The irony.
    I asked if it was. It should have been if you wanted to stick with your earlier position. The whole idea of scrutinizing that logic of yours should have been obvious to you that I'm not making that claim. You are. You're all over the place with this. It's really ridiculous.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    They are not allowed, hence why despite very intensive usage of dozens of drones for days, they only managed to take out 3(confirmed), while losing great numbers of men, vehicles, aircrafts and artillery/air defence batteries, and a few generals and colonels as well, TAF is aware of risks, they take their steps carefully.

This is basically an airstrike duel between Turkey and Russia, both sides inflict great damage on other side's allies. SAA cannot take this for a long time either but if the situation remains same, SAA will likely outlast the opposition
    Best way to hurt the Syrians and force a cease-fire of sort is to take out their air force. Do that, and the SAA will stall out and its likely idlib won't fall. Don't really see it working out for the rebels any other way. In a war of attrition, the SAA has the advantage.

I asked if it was. It should have been if you wanted to stick with your earlier position. The whole idea of scrutinizing that logic of yours should have been obvious to you that I'm not making that claim. You are. You're all over the place with this. It's really ridiculous.
    And then i claimed it wasn't and demonstrated why. You tried to counter my argument. That means you are taking up the claim. And now trying to say you didn't. Sorry, you can't weasel out of this.

And still avoiding my question. Probably because no matter the answer, you lose out. Either you admit Turkey is supporting HTS, you claim the US is thus implying Turkey is too, or you simply say that neither the US or Turkey is supporting HTS which would mean this entire argument you have taken up you don't believe in yourself and makes no sense.

Its just too easy to poke holes in that logic of yours.
    Last edited by Vanoi; March 03, 2020 at 03:08 PM.

And then i claimed it wasn't and demonstrated why. You tried to counter my argument. That means you are taking up the claim. And now trying to say you didn't. Sorry, you can't weasel out of this.
    And still avoiding my question. Probably because no matter the answer, you lose out. Either you admit Turkey is supporting HTS, you claim the US is thus implying Turkey is too, or you simply say that neither the US or Turkey is supporting HTS which would mean this entire argument you have taken up you don't believe in yourself and makes no sense.
    Its just too easy to poke holes in that logic of yours.
    If I somehow stop laughing at how hilariously you've dug yourself a hole I might waste a few breathes on answering your questions, whatever they may be. Meanwhile, twisting my words and ignoring the concept of simple logic won't get you anywhere. There is merit in just coming out and admitting you just made a dumb ass argument.
    The Armenian Issue

Civitate

If I somehow stop laughing at how hilariously you've dug yourself a hole I might waste a few breathes on answering your questions, whatever they may be. Meanwhile, twisting my words and ignoring the concept of simple logic won't get you anywhere. There is merit in just coming out and admitting you just made a dumb ass argument.
    Only person digging holes here is you. Its why you continue to avoid that question. And now trying to weasel out of a claim. Keep it up.

The issue with the opposition isn't the lack of aerial support, they managed to stall regime troops without any kind of aerial support for years, also aerial support is great but not always is available quickly as much like artillery support.

The issue right now is a shortage of manpower, many fighters were directed to Afrin and other areas of northern Syria even as far as Lybia, many others simply reconciled with the regime and are fighting in the ranks of the SAA against their former allies.

Turkish support isn't going to change at all the final outcome only going to prolong the suffering of the Syrian people.

The regime has won this war, the rebels still fighting are a bunch of Islamists, those that were decent enough to support reconciled with the regime or defected to the SDF.

Syria war: Russia and Turkey agree Idlib ceasefire
    The two sides said the deal included:
    A ceasefire from 00:01 local time on Friday (22:01 GMT Thursday) on the whole line of contact
    A security corridor 6km (four miles) north and 6km south from Idlib's key M4 motorway, which connects the government-held cities of Aleppo and Latakia
    Joint Russian-Turkish patrols along the M4 from 15 March
    Erdoğan went to Russia to bend the knee as it seems. In a cowardly move he basically leave everything Assad gained over the previous weeks and some. The only thing he didn't do was to leave Idlib in its entirety to Assad. All he had to do was to use 100 tanks and thousands of Turkish troops stationed around Idlib to support the drone bombing campaign. He didn't, likely fearing more casualties as a result taking a toll in his domestic image.
    The Armenian Issue

Actually, given the fact that some (I saw the case of the "Pantsir strike") of the turkish videos were fake, I think that the Sultan or "the Reis" knew something that most Turks don't, and that's why he signed this deal, which, I agree is rather bad for Turkey.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    Actually, given the fact that some (I saw the case of the "Pantsir strike") of the turkish videos were fake, I think that the Sultan or "the Reis" knew something that most Turks don't, and that's why he signed this deal, which, I agree is rather bad for Turkey.
    Except there is really no substance to claim that they were fake... Pretty much all analysts agree that Turkey obliterated the Syrian equipment in the region.
    The Armenian Issue

Rebel twitter is literally on suicide watch. Erdoğan's digital reputation has devolved straight from Caliph Umar into Piruz Nahavandi. Some of them genuinely believed that Turkey would be able to conquer Aleppo and that the Turkish president would pray in the Umayyad Mosque of Damascus by next Ramadan. Utterly delusional. Anyway, glad to see a ceasefire agreement has been reached, although it will last for long. Ankara abandoned the Sochi lines position, which is definitely a positive step towards the return of normalcy in northern Syria and the gradual eviction of the various jihadist warlords from Syria. Sad to realise that so many Syrian and Turkish soldiers lost their lives to protect a couple of sectarian Salafists and Erdoğan's fragile domestic popularity. A compromise was inevitable, once drone casualties increased, the Syrian Army succeeded in reclaiming Saraqib and its immediate surroundings from the incompetent militants despite the Turkish aerial bombardment and when the public became more less tolerant of the government's foreign policy. Almost an absolute majority disapproved of the military intervention, which is certainly good news.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Why didn't he sent his elite corps to the front?

I guess there is a chance for a temporarily ceasefire.

Today the syrian-russian airforces has massively bombed the area south of M 4.

With this treaty Assad and Putin get their short time aim: a traffic connection between Latakia and Aleppo.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

I'm glad that Putin didn't put Sevres on the table, otherwise those imbeciles would have signed that as well.

This so called agreement is only made to be broken, its obviously not gonna work, i can understand the need for a temporary ceasefire, but a presidental level meeting and clear agreements? This was dumb, perhaps the Russians didn't accepted the possibility of a ceasefire of any kind without those, this is the only explanation unless they are genuinely dumb. I think they will ultimately try to push US for no fly zone.

Turkey gotta solve its air defence problem asap.
    Last edited by Tureuki; March 06, 2020 at 01:02 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

From the meeting:

Nice clock-piece in the background. It is actually a replica of "March of the cossacks in the balkans", from the 1877-78 russo-turkish war
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    From the meeting:

Nice clock-piece in the background. It is actually a replica of "March of the cossacks in the balkans", from the 1877-78 russo-turkish war
    Based! Erdogan definitely needs a reminder of what happens to Turkey when it tries to spill over its borders.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Yeah I saw those things. The Turkish delegation also stood under a statue of Catherine the Great. Thing is though they have nothing to do with anything and no, the Russians did not plant them there to humiliate the Turks. If anything it was a a slip-up to leave them there. I grant that these pics are funny, but no one, especially not the Russians, will try to ruin negotiations through petty provocations.

On 29 Turkish UAV strike attacked soldiers, then waited for the ambulance to come and attacked the ambulance itself. "This is how the Turks operate" says the reporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOB5...ature=youtu.be

R&U videos.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    On 29 Turkish UAV strike attacked soldiers, then waited for the ambulance to come and attacked the ambulance itself. "This is how the Turks operate" says the reporter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOB5...ature=youtu.be
    R&U videos.
    At what point in the video does it provide that information? It's a long video, a quick skim didn't produce the result.
    The Armenian Issue