Page 1 of 188 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria II

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default ISIL War in Iraq and Syria II

I'm late to the party, but here's another article on the new ceasefire agreement in Aleppo brokered by Russia and Turkey: http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/14/middle...ernment-gains/

This is a thread to replace/continue the one here, which was closed because it reached the 10,000 post limit. The last five pages of the now closed thread have been copied and added to the new one, in order not to interrupt the ongoing debates.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 27, 2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Moderation message added.

Default Re: ISIL War in Iraq and Syria

In the name of God

Eiffel Tower to go dark in solidarity with ( terrorists in ) Aleppo :

I don't know what's happening in the west , but there seems to be a massive brainwashing program by the media . Hundreds of people were slaughtered in Paris by Daesh and Al-Qaeda and yet the government is crying for them ... . I don't think the families and survivors of those massacres will like it .

Meanwhile 25000 civilians are besieged in Fu'ah and Kafraya and the west shamelessly ignores them and the brutality against them because it destroys the image of the so called Revolutionists .

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates II the Great View Post
    In the name of God

Eiffel Tower to go dark in solidarity with ( terrorists in ) Aleppo :

I don't know what's happening in the west , but there seems to be a massive brainwashing program by the media . Hundreds of people were slaughtered in Paris by Daesh and Al-Qaeda and yet the government is crying for them ... . I don't think the families and survivors of those massacres will like it .

Meanwhile 25000 civilians are besieged in Fu'ah and Kafraya and the west shamelessly ignores them and the brutality against them because it destroys the image of the so called Revolutionists .
    France will have a chance to change it in the next elections, if they don't grab it they deserve everything that could happen, I just don't understand the reverence for those people.
    By the way, seeing what's happening in Mosul, God save this modern westerns from have to deal with this kind of Islamic warriors in European streets, ISIS are really good and Without foreign help to the Iraqi and Syrian governments, the ISIS problem today was to choose the capital, Damascus or Baghdad.

You guys think that thousands of men, women and children trapped in a war zone are terrorists? If anyone looks for examples of a hate speech. Look no further.
    The Armenian Issue

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    You guys think that thousands of men, women and children trapped in a war zone are terrorists? If anyone looks for examples of a hate speech. Look no further.
    They are Rebels if they fight the Syrian regime and the Kremlin, but change the name, to terrorists, if they fight the Iraqi government and the coalition.

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    Just don't understand why Syrian army let the rebels escape...
    Because the rebels have lost the majority of their forces: Dead, wounded, captured.

Out of around 8.000 men they had at the beginning of all this in the city they were down to as low as 2.000 men.

Besides now the rebels no longer have an urban fortress so the balance of power has really shifted.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Indefinitely Banned

the reason why ppl cry over paris and not aleppo is because to the western audience, white western lives matter more than syrian lives.
    Most of the faux concern displayed over the refugeees from syria is simply virtue signalling-how many of these 'refugee bleeding hearts' are prepared to give up their own homes for these syrian s most of whom are of military age?

@topic
    good, aleppo has been cleansed, wont it be a hoot if the SAA find israeli or british/american specops in aleppo?

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    the reason why ppl cry over paris and not aleppo is because to the western audience, white western lives matter more than syrian lives.
    Most of the faux concern displayed over the refugeees from syria is simply virtue signalling-how many of these 'refugee bleeding hearts' are prepared to give up their own homes for these syrian s most of whom are of military age?
    Despite being provocative, you do understand aswell that nothing is more shocking than honesty nowdays.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I say it again: if any Western force would really care, we could end this desaster within weeks. This is simply obscene.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nikitn View Post
    I've been asking myself this as well, and I'm thinking:

A) Russia's only pretending to allow that to satisfy US/Turkish demands. I don't think any evacuation has taken place yet.

B) To concentrate all the rebels in Idlib and then completely crush them there with no quarter given at a later stage. Idlib is largely open land and so it's harder to hide there, while in Aleppo any rebel can just blend in with the civilians and escape/become an insurgent due to the heavily urbanized area.

I'd say it's probably B.
    The regime doesnt have soldiers to do this.And us the case of Palmyra showed the rebels cannot be completely defeated

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    I say it again: if any Western force would really care, we could end this desaster within weeks. This is simply obscene.
    What gives the right to any Western army to end this "disaster" as you call it? Remember Lybia? How that ended for the Lybians?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    What gives the right to any Western army to end this "disaster" as you call it? Remember Lybia? How that ended for the Lybians?
    To end this senseles murdering of course! It's in our direct interest that the Middle East is maintained as an at least somewhat stable region. For what do the British and French have their highly trained armies!? They could go in and kill those ISIS-bastards, because this is the only way to deal with them.

To end this senseles murdering of course! It's in our direct interest that the Middle East is maintained as an at least somewhat stable region. For what do the British and French have their highly trained armies!? They could go in and kill those ISIS-bastards, because this is the only way to deal with them.
    The best thing that the Western nations involved in all this should do would be to stop demonising Asad and his government, lift the sanctions which actually hurt Syrian people more than ISIS, slap sanctions or even unleash force on scumbag Gulf countries which are financing and backing ISIS and Al-Qaeda and the rest of jihadists. That would solve many wrong things in the Middle East.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Let's all calm down and realize that there is no Nankin going on now. The UN has indeed received unverified reports, which, however, are considered reliable, of a number of civilians murdered by the army. Personally I am almost certain that they are true, at a large extent, but it's too soon to accurately estimate their real size. Waiting for details, though, is always the wisest course, especially given the rebels' notorious tendency to describe their fighters as civilians. What really matters is that the cessation of hostilities will mean that civilians will stop being killed by the government's bombarding and the jihadists' shelling. Unfortunately, the agreement seems to rather fragile, because of the Idlib factions' reluctance to respect its terms, refusing to evacuate injured civilians from Fou'aa and Kafraya, two Shiite villages, directly threatened by ethnic cleansing, being located in the center of Al-Qaeda's Syrian emirate.

This is utterly depressing...

I know that Assad is murdering his own people whilst forcing them to stay. He's ordered helicopters to throw improvised bombs at 'approximately' where he suspects the countless rebels. The guy is completely inacceptable and i actually want him dead. But control over this region can only be established if Assad remains in power, as disgusting as it may be. The guy has to win and remain in power and the ISIL forces are the biggest threat to the region. So their death is priority number one.

Imagine what happens if Assad dies: There will be hundreds of different paramilitary groups fighting against each other. The violence will simmer forever. We can't have a second Israeli-Palestinian conflict, especially because there are no sober, rational actors like Israel in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Civilians in Aleppo were liberated from being held as hostages by FSA, Al-Nusra and other terrorist groups. That's a reason to celebrate... unless you support terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    They are Rebels if they fight the Syrian regime and the Kremlin, but change the name, to terrorists, if they fight the Iraqi government and the coalition.
    In both cases I don't consider them as terrorists, the term terrorist has been abused so much that has lost any meaningful importance in relation to the danger that terrorism really poses on the world.

A terrorist is somebody who commit a terrorist act, not somebody who fight against the army or police.

Even 99% of al-Nusra or ISIS members cannot really be considered terrorists, the real terrorists are very few in numbers and they fight in both sides of this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Civilians in Aleppo were liberated from being held as hostages by FSA, Al-Nusra and other terrorist groups. That's a reason to celebrate... unless you support terrorists.
    So, you're saying that people fled towards "terrorists"? If you don't celebrate the fall of Aleppo it's because you support terrorists, but if you celebrate it you support a dictator with a bloody past. Damned if I do, damned if I don't I guess...
    The Armenian Issue

Odenat's Avatar Senator

Funny that no Syrian is running towards Assad from the so called "terrorists". Every Syrian who have two legs is trying to run from Assad towards other countries and even towards ISIS areas. You must understand what kind of people Assad is if civilians trying to run from Syrian government held areas to ISIS areas!

Yeah, Assad will make Syria so stable when the only living people left there will be his mercenaries and Russian&Iranian soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    Funny that no Syrian is running towards Assad from the so called "terrorists". Every Syrian who have two legs is trying to run from Assad towards other countries and even towards ISIS areas. You must understand what kind of people Assad is if civilians trying to run from Syrian government held areas to ISIS areas!
    People usually tend to prefer peaceful countries to desolate wastes, ravaged by continuous war, but even despite that, your claim is absolutely false. After the liberation of Aleppo, most of the civilians trapped inside the rebel-controlled area (130,000 people), frequently against their will, as the US Secretary of State himself admitted, chose to be transferred to the government side. Even generally speaking, the number of the internally displaced people, whose vast majority now lives in government held areas, despite the fact that the army actually controlls the most densely populated parts of Syria, is considerably higher than that of the refugees. After all, when Idlib fell to Al-Nusra's and her jihadist allies offensive, approximately 230,000 people decided to seek refuge to the safer countryside or the government-held provinces. Nothing extraordinary, I would also prefer the relatively safer cities administered by the totalitarian Syrian government, which includes a minimum level of social security and religious tolerance to either lawless fiefdoms of mobsters or Salafist emirates.