Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Unofficial Willy Nilly Zelda / HTW Art thread.

Default The Official Unofficial Willy Nilly Zelda / HTW Art thread.

Hello again folks.

I was reluctant to start a new thread, but at the same time, the Asset support thread isn't really supporting anything in terms of Neph's work, so I say "Screw it! New thread for all to enjoy!" Now onto what this thread will be about.

I figured this would be a place for folks to share their artwork, be it a little sketch or the sort of 3d stuff I'm doing.

I will start with this rendition of Fi I made to accompany a friend's Skyrim mod. (not game-ready yet)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: The Official Unofficial Willy Nilly Zelda / HTW Art thread.

Update to Fi. I was requested to remove the high collar and replace it with a scarf, so I did. Now I have everything baked down and game-res ready.

Input is more than welcome.

Oh, that's really good. I like the high collar because it makes her resemble a weapon but I see why you went with the more toned down look.

Here's my contribution(would've uploaded sooner but server went down.)

Darknut vs Wizzrobe, a battle of might and magic:

Very spiffy drawing good sir. I also like how you had banners representing 2 / 3 of the triforce.

I started this Zora before Fi. I would show more, but I'd rather not get banned, so you get to see from the shoulders up only.

Very nicely done, phenomenal work on the throat, looks like she'll move at any second. (good call on the censorship)

I remember working with a 3D printer program in a advanced computer class, truly harder than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    Very spiffy drawing good sir. I also like how you had banners representing 2 / 3 of the triforce.

I started this Zora before Fi. I would show more, but I'd rather not get banned, so you get to see from the shoulders up only.

"Tattoo Panties and a Bra on her."
    Quoted From: -Operation Petticoat-
    http://www.subzin.com/quotes/M3661a4...tie.+-+Yeah%3F

That was a Great movie.
    And I'm not going to spoiler any thing. I'll just leave it at. They were talking about a tatoo.

Edit:
    About that Zora Woman. I would like to see how you do her Arms, Lags and Fins. But don't show her body. Or I guess you can give her a swim suit. and then it should be fine.
    Last edited by Eldren; January 02, 2017 at 04:53 PM.

I heeded your advice Eldren, and gave her a quick swimsuit.

Just as a heads-up, this is before any exposure to ribcage-crushing corsets. Speaking of ribcage, I opted to include the ribcage gills that were present in the old iteration and in the design from Twilight Princess.

As for the fins, they are still a work-in-progress.

Have to say, that is one impressive model. Keep it up and let us see more.

A few personal opinions, though. You've given her quite big hands, which could maybe have used a bit of web at the base of the fingers considering the aquatic living environment. The facial gills are a bit too horizontal for my tastes, but as said, these are personal opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknokraatti View Post
    A few personal opinions, though. You've given her quite big hands, which could maybe have used a bit of web at the base of the fingers considering the aquatic living environment. The facial gills are a bit too horizontal for my tastes, but as said, these are personal opinions.
    Thank you for the input. I see what you mean about the hands, though in my defense, I was making this for the intent to be utilized in Skyrim, so I used the Skyrim female base model as, well, a base, and it turns out the default hands in that game are 'quite big' as you said.

As for the webbing between fingers, I'm basing off canon designs as well as Neph's, both of which lack webbed fingers.

That face on that Zora Woman. Seems like a Male Noble from Dynasty Warriors. It doesn't seem Feminine enough. ........
    Also those hands seem to have a Bit too many features. You would think for a water living race. they would be more feature less. like shark/frog skin.

I do like that their are Gills on both the Face and Chest. And I like how you have done them.
    The Zora swim with their fins. and I believe They move through the water like a Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    That face on that Zora Woman. Seems like a Male Noble from Dynasty Warriors. It doesn't seem Feminine enough. ........
    If you can suggest changes I can make, I would appreciate that.

Also those hands seem to have a Bit too many features. You would think for a water living race. they would be more feature less. like shark/frog skin.
    I assume you mean the definition of knuckles and the metacarpus in the hands. Assuming that the Zora's skeleton has similarities to that of a Hylian / human, metacarpal bones would be present in the back of the hands, and they would displace the skin.

If you can suggest changes I can make, I would appreciate that.
    Sorry. I'm not too familiar with how to do that.

Well. I am an idea man. And I guess we can just compare the 2.

Female:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Fema...q-CEgQ_AUIBigB

Male:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=male...LZBjAQ_AUIBigB

O, Here we go.
    1) http://palmbeachplastics.com/7-featu...feminine-face/
    2) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2...re-attractive/
    3) https://design.tutsplus.com/articles...--vector-14954
    4) http://www.facialfeminizationsurgery...ale_faces.html

And here is google for more info options.
    https://www.google.com/#q=What+facia...male%27s+face.

All these I got from just a quick Google search ....... Though I haven't read much on the topic at hand though.

I hope these help.

Update for once in a while on the Zora. I took heed to Eldren's advice, and then retopologized (re-made the wireframe (did some sciency magic to make it better) ) the head so far.

P.S. I think Eldren's comments came from the lack of eyelashes, but I cannot say for certain.

Update for once in a while on the Zora. I took heed to Eldren's advice, and then retopologized (re-made the wireframe (did some sciency magic to make it better) ) the head so far.

P.S. I think Eldren's comments came from the lack of eyelashes, but I cannot say for certain.

That does look more female. Well done. though I have to ask. What parts of the face did you modify?

Now that I look back at the other one you did earlier. It does look female too. Maybe how people drew pretty boys has thrown off my sense of identifying genders a bit. Though I did say the previous one you did, looked like a Noble from Dynasty warriors. So maybe there is a Middle Ground that I did not realise.

That does look more female. Well done. though I have to ask. What parts of the face did you modify?
    I changed the bridge of the nose to be more linear instead of parabolic. I also adjusted the shape of the cheeks and mouth a wee bit.

I also progressed in the retopology and have everything, minus the hands and feet, done.

P.S. The censor blocks are just for context. I didn't really put anything there, but better safe than sorry.

I changed the bridge of the nose to be more linear instead of parabolic. I also adjusted the shape of the cheeks and mouth a wee bit.

I also progressed in the retopology and have everything, minus the hands and feet, done.

P.S. The censor blocks are just for context. I didn't really put anything there, but better safe than sorry.

So is the plan to make her more streamlined. and less Muscular? Though it makes sense for her to be muscular. Seeing as they are people who live in the water. Water is Great exercise when you have to move through it or play in it. You would think living in it would give you a strong body in general.

But being water people. They would be more streamlined then people of the land. Simply because it would make then move faster and easyer through the water. In real life, All Creatures that live in the water are more streamlined compared to those who live on the land.

So is the plan to make her more streamlined. and less Muscular? Though it makes sense for her to be muscular. Seeing as they are people who live in the water. Water is Great exercise when you have to move through it or play in it. You would think living in it would give you a strong body in general.

But being water people. They would be more streamlined then people of the land. Simply because it would make then move faster and easyer through the water. In real life, All Creatures that live in the water are more streamlined compared to those who live on the land.
    That logic does hold up, but take amphibians like frogs for example (which is a prime example since Zoras by nature are amphibious both in Nintendo canon and (I think) HTW). I imagine that infant zoras would be streamlined and less muscular as you suggest, much in the same way frog tadpoles are, and as they grow, they gain the limbs and muscle to walk on land. Frogs are not as streamlined as fish, but they are still good swimmers. I mean, if you can find an example of a fish that can live extended periods of time out of water like frogs can, please point me in the right direction.

This logic aside, are Zoras by design, regardless of Nintendo or HTW canon, feasably as streamlined as a fish?

... This should've been a cross-post from the HTW lore thread.

I don't quite understand where everybody learned that all fish and other marine life have streamlined, hydrodynamic bodies. I mean, people see all kinds of fish and still think like that. That said, I find the concept that Zoras development has remarkable similarities to amphibians probably feasible and anyways a pretty entertaining idea.

Amphibians are already mentioned, but how about oddly shaped fish? Mudskippers, sculpins, octopi, seahorses, sunfish, wobbegongs, cowfish, Napoleon wrasses, eel gulpers, and anglerfish pop to mind just for starters. Not to even mention crustaceans (Which are decent swimmers across the board despite their odd shape. Hummers can cross open water pretty fast by swimming if they have to) or crocodilians, which utilise their uneven and rough skin as camouflage.

Basically all marine animals that have no need to be constantly on the move under water are pretty unhydrodynamical, which should not be a great surprise. Long, strong swimming muscles are both costly and useless in dedicated ambush predation. Stonefish tend to have very small tail with very small propelling muscles, for example.

Retopology is done, along with modeling of the teeth and whatnot. Now onto the detail sculpting!

On a side note, content-wise, it's rather lonely here. I do encourage others to share their work, as is the purpose of this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast