Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] ROM CAMPAIGN MAP -~ EUROPE

Icon4 [WIP] ROM CAMPAIGN MAP -~ EUROPE

Hey! You might know me from youtube [Gamersville101- http://www.youtube.com/user/Gamersville101 ]

i Have created
    EPIC RISE OF MORDOR MAP BUT IN EUROPE!

I think this is definitely do able!

its a W.I.P and need help with the remaining regions enjoy!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tell me what ya think!
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; December 21, 2016 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Fixed the Images

Default Re: [WIP] ROM CAMPAIGN MAP -~ EUROPE

What im hoping is if ROM is finished [ a while to go ]
    that we use the units and place them into new factions that we edit start post of for it to look like diz!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

We probably wouldn't do the campaign with a DLC map, not all of the team members have Age of Charlemagne and it'd restrict the player base.

Anyone can feel free to make maps such as this to help contribute to the mod or whatever. Here's an asset that might help you.

The yellow city icons resemble region capitals. These have 6 building slots, whereas the white city icons only have 4. It may be possible to change this around, so any settlement can have 6 building slots but I didn't have much luck with it when I tested it. So keep this in mind because for example if you wanted Osgiliath on the left side of the Bosphorus (where Constantinople is in-game), then Minas Tirith would presumably go behind it, in a settlement with only 4 slots.

Now to explain my views on the campaign.
    Even if the campaign mod tools were 100% perfect and we could do whatever we wanted, we wouldn't start making a campaign yet. We need to create all the units and all the factions before a campaign can be made.
    There's no point making a campaign with only 2 factions, because then we'd have to re-make it later on with like 5 factions, then 10, then 20 or whatever. It'd be annoying as hell (since I'd probably be the one making it).

It isn't definite that we're making a campaign by the way. I'd say there's a good chance it'll happen but its not certain.
    There's an even smaller chance that the next Total War game will have the mod tools we need for the custom battle side, AND the campaign side.
    There's an EVEN SMALLER chance we'll move the campaign to Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

Any of these 3 things (campaign in Attila, campaign in next Total War or campaign in Bannerlord) are possible but they're not definite is what I'm saying.

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Gamersville, I'll attach the concept map I created some time ago asap. It is much of ahead of yours and it will definitely help your work
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Thanks maestro1 please do! its just a fun little project as Caligula is right,
    There's no point making a campaign with only 2 factions

Also im dutch aswell

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Oeh that is promising ^^
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

can i see your updated concept ? xD

It would be great if the next historical Total war had all the proper modding tools. CA seems to be acting more player friendly with all the free LC in Warhammer so maybe they'll add in better tools for modding in the next game. I don't know why they wouldn't considering the fact that mods such as Third Age and others made CA extra profits because extra people buy the game in order to create and play full convertion mods.

totally agree!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    We probably wouldn't do the campaign with a DLC map, not all of the team members have Age of Charlemagne and it'd restrict the player base.

Anyone can feel free to make maps such as this to help contribute to the mod or whatever. Here's an asset that might help you.

The yellow city icons resemble region capitals. These have 6 building slots, whereas the white city icons only have 4. It may be possible to change this around, so any settlement can have 6 building slots but I didn't have much luck with it when I tested it. So keep this in mind because for example if you wanted Osgiliath on the left side of the Bosphorus (where Constantinople is in-game), then Minas Tirith would presumably go behind it, in a settlement with only 4 slots.
    You could put Minas Tirith in Dardania and Dol Amroth in Macedonia. Edoras would then be in Panonia and Helm's Deep in Dalmatia (I know, Helm's Deep on the coast is not ideal, but the other cities are too far away).

too many names, i like the idea of edoras in macedonia though!

A campaign map might be doable if you could limit where the factions are able to move IE recreate the map in continental Europe only. But there is no real way to stop factions invading other areas that you don't want accessible like the North of Africa. I can imagine one of the biggest difficulties is the new Rome/Attila version of city regions. A stupid design decision by CA which would make splitting regions very difficult.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman View Post
    A campaign map might be doable if you could limit where the factions are able to move IE recreate the map in continental Europe only. But there is no real way to stop factions invading other areas that you don't want accessible like the North of Africa. I can imagine one of the biggest difficulties is the new Rome/Attila version of city regions. A stupid design decision by CA which would make splitting regions very difficult.
    We could probably make it so no factions can raze settlements, and that re-establishing a settlement costs an extreme amount of money so no-one would be able to populate North Africa or whatever if they start the game razed.

that is actually what my teams doing,

to add a 'dothraki sea' and the borders between dorne and esso [ africa and turkey ]

we are razing settlements and it costs alot.,... ALOT to re-settle

@gamersville101 So are you basically want to create a 1078-medieval-wars-like mod into AoC with RoM Units?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

No, that would be for the team to decide,
    AoC is too small for any westeros or middle earth mod, and if the mod dedicded to do it it wouldnt be on AoC most likely and wouldnt be like 1078, 1078 is a submod if theres a campaign
    only , and ONLY the rise of mordor team is capable of a big and good campaign

[Edit]
    F.Y.I im not part of the team
    Last edited by Gamersville101; January 21, 2017 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added Edit

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post

Now to explain my views on the campaign.
    Even if the campaign mod tools were 100% perfect and we could do whatever we wanted, we wouldn't start making a campaign yet. We need to create all the units and all the factions before a campaign can be made.
    There's no point making a campaign with only 2 factions, because then we'd have to re-make it later on with like 5 factions, then 10, then 20 or whatever. It'd be annoying as hell (since I'd probably be the one making it).

It isn't definite that we're making a campaign by the way. I'd say there's a good chance it'll happen but its not certain.
    There's an even smaller chance that the next Total War game will have the mod tools we need for the custom battle side, AND the campaign side.
    There's an EVEN SMALLER chance we'll move the campaign to Mount and Blade Bannerlord.

Any of these 3 things (campaign in Attila, campaign in next Total War or campaign in Bannerlord) are possible but they're not definite is what I'm saying.
    OMG...PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE make a campaign mode. i wont mind if you guys just use a map of europe.

neither would i!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast