Thread: Swedish accent

crosscheck86's Avatar Civis

Icon3 Swedish accent

Here my Swedish Accent (Swedish Voices imported from ETW) for all Viking Factions from TLK. Sadly I'm not able to provide a swedish Voice for the Princess and some dialogs are missing (PrebattleSpeeches, Diplomats at negotiations and some minor sentences as well).Sorry for that... But they are talking Swedish on the Strat_Map and on the Battlefield.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sd1x4j...ikings+TLK.rar

Simply unpack the package and put the data in your Gamefolder (and the Camp_Map and Battle_Map folders at data/sounds/voices/human/localized).
    Than delete your Voices and events files (sounds folder). The Game recreates the files when you start it.
    Last edited by crosscheck86; December 18, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Swedish accent

Quote Originally Posted by crosscheck86 View Post
    Good Morning Gentlemen!

I imported the swedish accent from ETW for the nordic factions in M2TW. Not everything (the Princess on the StratMap is not talking swedish.Merchants and Diplomats are not talking swedish all the way), but its working fine I think.

Is someone interested? Than I make everthing up and upload the package.
    I may be interested in the files, but then i don't know if they would work as they are based in the year 1700+. and this mod and WotN are based on the Viking age - would be unfitting maybe.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I may be interested in the files, but then i don't know if they would work as they are based in the year 1700+. and this mod and WotN are based on the Viking age - would be unfitting maybe.
    I know. Thats why I took soundfiles that could also fit for early ages. I sent you the files when Im finished and you can see for yourself if you want.

Once I planned to add voices from "Napoleon TW" to another mod for Medieval II, but it totally does not fit into the Middle Ages If your work would be good, I might add it to the upcoming unofficial patch 4.1 (if you would not mind).

No, not at all. [emoji4]

I'm uploading the files next week. Got some problems with the soundfiles to solve (units not responding when clicking on them...)
    Last edited by crosscheck86; December 16, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

Updated the first post
    Last edited by crosscheck86; December 18, 2016 at 09:49 AM.

Good job Unfortunately, due to the fact that in my patch 4.0 I changed a lot of files (including those concerning voices), it would be a lot of work to adapt your work to my. So I do not use this in patch 4.1 :/

Quote Originally Posted by -wino- View Post
    Good job Unfortunately, due to the fact that in my patch 4.0 I changed a lot of files (including those concerning voices), it would be a lot of work to adapt your work to my. So I do not use this in patch 4.1 :/
    Do as you wish. These Files are free to use. Just wanted to share this, because I like to play with native voices. Makes it a bit more authenic for me

I'm thinking about uploading a package with German Voices for the EastFranks and French Voices for the Normandy. Just let me know if someone is interested.
    Last edited by crosscheck86; December 18, 2016 at 09:55 AM.

Here my Swedish Accent (Swedish Voices imported from ETW) for all Viking Factions from TLK. Sadly I'm not able to provide a swedish Voice for the Princess and some dialogs are missing (PrebattleSpeeches, Diplomats at negotiations and some minor sentences as well).Sorry for that... But they are talking Swedish on the Strat_Map and on the Battlefield.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sd1x4j...ikings+TLK.rar

Simply unpack the package and put the data in your Gamefolder (and the Camp_Map and Battle_Map folders at data/sounds/voices/human/localized).
    Than delete your Voices and events files (sounds folder). The Game recreates the files when you start it.
    I tried adding your voice-files - but there is no sound when clicking the units. I used Total Commander to compare the files in your upload with mine- and then i added all the text-entries to the individual files. But still no sound in battle? Do i need to place the "Voice"-folder inside of the Sounds-folder? Or is it any other folder that should be placed there?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I managed to fix it =). I forgot to delete the events-files, and it works great now .

- The Havamal

Do as you wish. These Files are free to use. Just wanted to share this, because I like to play with native voices. Makes it a bit more authenic for me

I'm thinking about uploading a package with German Voices for the EastFranks and French Voices for the Normandy. Just let me know if someone is interested.
    I am most certainly interested. The Swedish voices were great, but didn't Denmark etc have their own voices? I think the Swedish accents doesn't sound very heathen on the strat-map but it'll do, on the battle-map it worked great though.

- The Havamal