Thread: MPMod release

Chef_Jimmy's Avatar Libertus

Default MPMod release

A 31 faction multiplayer mod. Campaign has been disabled. Missles ranges & unit availability(i.e. cav) have been adjusted, spears a more viable unit, 50+ maps, loads of new units. Combat has been slightly slowed & numerous other tweaks.

Factions:
    The Holy Crusaders, Norway, Teutonic Order, Lithuania, England, France, HRE, Spain, Aragon, Venice, Sicily, Genoa, Scotland, Byzantium, Principalities of the Rus, Moors, Turks, Egypt, Denmark, Portugal, Poland, Hungary, Ireland, Papal States, Mongols, Serbia, Sweden, Desert Tribes, Mercenaries, Georgia, Bulgaria

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i25nlf...MPMod_v2.3.zip

To install, extract zip somewhere, then copy the MPMod folder from the download to your mod folder in your game.
    The game launches from the MPMod application file the MPMod folder.

Last edited by Chef_Jimmy; August 03, 2019 at 01:23 PM. Reason: new version

Default Re: MPMod release

FUN MOD! Was it updated since we played it four months ago?

cjm81499's Avatar Biarchus

A screenshot from a battle on this mod:

"I have never advocated war, except as a means of peace." -Ulysses S. Grant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjm81499/ <--- my Steam profile (add me if you'd like)

could really use a mod team for this to help make some new models, other than that it's still missing some unit info pics, & needs some adjustments I think. Really like how it plays out, I paid for not bringing any missiles that game, & bringing a rush army & not rushing. With adjusted movement speeds for armor worn & slightly slower combat, the rush isn't as easy to do anyway. Not as easy to get a a chain route. Still possible, but in a team game it takes good teamwork to pull it off
    Last edited by Chef_Jimmy; December 24, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

I have http://chefs-battles.freeforums.net as a forum to discuss the mod, or another place to find download link, but I want to see about getting a forum page here for it, & hope the traffic here gets others to play the mod
    Last edited by Chef_Jimmy; January 01, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

factions included atm:
    Ireland, Scotland, England, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, HRE, France, Spain, Portugal, Aragon, Milan, Sicily, Venice, Papal States, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Timurids, Georgia, Turks, Egypt, Moors, Russia, Crusaders, Teutonic Order, Mercenaries, Desert Tribes, Papal States, Byzantines

Cav performs more like they should be used, with lengthen melee combat, a straight rush build is not as effective without planning. The gen bodyguard has been made smaller with more HP & now inspires nearby units. The slower melee combat kill rate, & revised spears make for a much slower combat & game, which gives more time to micro manage & use of tactics, such as light infantry flanking(with their increased speed) & use of longer reach weapons over shorter weapon wielding melee units. Missile fire is more effective VS cav, & the importance of the skirmish phase is increased, as slower moving hvy infantry & hvy cav make taking no missiles & a rush build more difficult. Games tend to take a tad longer especially sieges as units die slower in melee

How do I go about getting, or who do I need to talk to to get my own forum page here for this mod? Or is this it?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Chef_Jimmy View Post
    How do I go about getting, or who do I need to talk to to get my own forum page here for this mod? Or is this it?
    Everything you need to know about getting a Hosted Forum (there are separate sections for Medieval 2 mods and for Kingdoms mods):

Want a Forum for your Mod?

looking for players for this, add me on steam for some games... (Arm)_Chef Jimmy

no luck as of yet assembling a mod team, & I haven't filled out the proper paper work to get my own mod page here for this. I'm busy these days, what more can I say. I do want to get my own mod page & incorporate some others work. I'll have to get some permission from folks & see whats available. As it stands I just used Bare Geomod as a base & all the work that has been done to that is my own. I'm a veteran player, but only an amateur modder. I'm sure others would be able to make this modification even greater. As it stands I need to begin work on a small patch. I was really wanting to replace Timurids with another faction, & Desert Tribes & the Mercenary factions could also be replaced if someone came up with better options. With the mods current player base & my work schedule I can get pretty consistent 2v2's & this mod has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for 1v1's as they are alot more fun to me.

https://mega.nz/#!M2gg2Q4K!DvnWrx848...3B80M5NTRDagUE

Above is link to version 2

https://mega.nz/#!VvABSR7Z!xqZfXe29_...3N2S596lXD0s_A

Above is some replacement files to fix a crash with animations

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Looks interesting so far. I'd suggest implementing burrek's unique European textures and/or using the Bellum Crucis models. Rusichi would be a good source for the Russians and Mongols (great Cuman models too), and Baltic: Total War has good Polish and Lithuanian stuff. All of it is open source as long as you give credit.

Just out of curiosity, how did you make it so there's 31 factions selectable in multiplayer? I'm also making a 31-faction mod that's geared to some extent towards multiplayer, but it's kind of disappointing that only 28 show up.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

http://www.mediafire.com/file/28slwj...MPMod_v2.1.zip

version 2.1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cq1n0ggm9...anels.tga?dl=0

hers a tga file that goes in mpmod_v2.1/data/menu.... it fixes a mp menu
    Last edited by Chef_Jimmy; May 13, 2018 at 09:49 PM.

"Just out of curiosity, how did you make it so there's 31 factions selectable in multiplayer? "

I used Saxons, Normans, & Slave as factions

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

My 31-faction (or 30, I guess, omitting rebels) mod only has 28 factions show up for multiplayer battles, even if they all have custom battle availability enabled. Same with Stainless Steel. ):

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0k3f1..._v2.2.zip/file

here's MPMOD v2.2 need help with bug hunting