Thread: having issues with creating more than 20 unit stacks and other battle issues

Icon1 having issues with creating more than 20 unit stacks and other battle issues

using the NTW3 v7.1b patch , Italy

I can't seem to create a stack with more than 20 units ? The notes state we can create 27 unit stacks now ? Also the battle Ai Seems to make the enemy general do sucidial charges lol

PS : I haven't played NTW for a long time now and it seems reinforcements come in 1 by 1 once you lose a unit in your full stack? or do they come in as a separate AI controlled army?
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 13, 2016 at 09:16 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: having issues with creating more than 20 unit stacks and other battle issues

I've asked Lord Cosak to reply to your question regarding +20 stack units for the MP battle mod. Players complained of losing their General units too often so the morale was set higher and their ability to attack was taken away. This emboldens the AI to charge with their General units but they're more like pesky flies just buzzing around your units.

Regarding reinforcing units, each factions army is limited to 20 units on the battlefield at a time. However when attacking with a supporting allied army, they can bring 20 units to the fight at the start of the battle. So it's to your advantage to try and join attacks with your allies which can be difficult as they are controlled by the AI. Once the battle starts press the space bar and you'll be able to see green lines of advancement showing you where the AI is marching your allied army. You can then coordinate your plan of attack with them but patience is the key as their army will move slower and take more time to organize.

Default Re: having issues with creating more than 20 unit stacks and other battle issues

so i guess that means no more than 20 unit stacks in SP ? what a shame hahha XD id always wanted 40 unit stacks in SP

If the factions of your side's armies are matching (e.g. all French, otherwise you'll get placeholder units I guess), merging them to one single/bigger army could do the trick perhaps (CAMPAIGN_MODEL -> PENDING_BATTLE)...
    I was able to add the cycle_local_player debug feature back for my own personal use however, so I'd normally just need to mark those factions as playable and press one given key-combination during the battle to switch to another UI.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    so i guess that means no more than 20 unit stacks in SP ? what a shame hahha XD id always wanted 40 unit stacks in SP
    You can do that but it takes some editing of save game. Remember to backup before you start!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...layer-Campaign
    You only need to do this once in a campaign, bu need to do it for every new campaign.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer