Thread: New upcoming version of R&R Submod Compilation for DBM 1.2

Default New upcoming version of R&R Submod Compilation for DBM 1.2

Hi guys,

after a long time since my last submod version for the splendid DBM, I decided that now I have to finish what was still left to do (as now I have a bit of spare time).

Basically, in this new version I will implement the 2TPY, adjust cost recruitment, time recruitment and upkeep for all units, point movements for characters, building costs and construction times for all buildings, change some bonuses in the EDB, include new buildings (ex. I think I'll implement a political system for cities, so you have to choose if you want a settlement focused on economy, military or judiciary), fix the KP for some factions, and implement new ancillaries and traits (plus some other minor changes).

The goal is to balance out the whole game, make the economy harder, the game slower and reduce drastically the number of battles and stacks. I think the final result will be very nice.
    Btw, I'm updating my submod in parallel with another submod that I plan to release for TLK 4.0. Hence, I'll need time for sure.
    If someone is interested in helping me, contact me in PM. I could speed up a lot the modding process having more hands available!

Cheers,
    rafmc1989

Default Re: New upcoming version of R&R Submod Compilation for DBM 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Hi guys,

after a long time since my last submod version for the splendid DBM, I decided that now I have to finish what was still left to do (as now I have a bit of spare time).

Basically, in this new version I will implement the 2TPY, adjust cost recruitment, time recruitment and upkeep for all units, point movements for characters, building costs and construction times for all buildings, change some bonuses in the EDB, include new buildings (ex. I think I'll implement a political system for cities, so you have to choose if you want a settlement focused on economy, military or judiciary), fix the KP for some factions, and implement new ancillaries and traits (plus some other minor changes).

The goal is to balance out the whole game, make the economy harder, the game slower and reduce drastically the number of battles and stacks. I think the final result will be very nice.
    Btw, I'm updating my submod in parallel with another submod that I plan to release for TLK 4.0. Hence, I'll need time for sure.
    If someone is interested in helping me, contact me in PM. I could speed up a lot the modding process having more hands available!

Cheers,
    rafmc1989

Thank you for the Update

Hey again guys,

finally I managed to complete all the changes I had planned in the previous weeks. The new version of my submod will be released on ModDB in the next hours. I'm very satisfied with all the improvements I made, but still if you have other suggestions I warmly take them into account. You will find the new changelog on ModDB.

The very last thing that I might implement is the faction of Pergamon (basically, similar to Greek States but with a few exclusive new units, although I will have to delete some of the existing units in-game). Possibly I'll try to add this final feature in the next weeks, but for now enjoy the new version and what is new in it.

Happy gaming!

P.S. Any feedback from you is appreciated!!

Oook, finally the new 4.0 version has been published on ModDB.

HAPPY GAMING to all and, please, make any comments that you may think is appropriate!

Here is the link to download:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/de-bello-m...ion-for-dbm-12

rafmc1989

Ah - looks like it's time to reinstall dbm!
    Great work, I'm especially looking forward to play with that 2tpy system!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Does it work well?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Great work man! I played your old version alot and it was very Well balansed. I hope you remove worthless units.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Thanks a lot!

Well, try out the new version and you will see the new balancing elements how they work.
    Again, if you have suggestions, just let me know!

DId you Add the City Texture or Walls from EB II to DBM?

Gonna try it. Thank you for your time.
    Rus 2 Total War 2.01 - Unofficial English translation released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-released
    Buff and Shine submod for Broken Crescent
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more
    My submod for Baltic Campaign - Battle for the Baltic
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...altic-Campaign

Does this version have any changes in the map generation? As im pretty sure that was giving me huge issue with crashes on the battle map in the last version as the battle maps seemed to be allot more... mountainy? and i ended surgically removing everything i wanted from the sub submod instead? I mean im one of the select few who can play third age total war with the balrog and ents in battle and not crash so...

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Getting a repeating crash on the rebel's turn when playing as the Romans. Any chance there's anything to be done about it? I suspect not, because this seems to be a running problem with almost every M2 mod there is, but thought I'd ask anyway
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; March 05, 2017 at 01:21 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm up to 632 AUC and the Marian reforms still haven't fired. Why not?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Everytime i want to play a battle booom... CTD

Hi - I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me with this submod. My game works fine through applying the DBM patches to 1.2, but when I install R&R it crashes on start up.

I tried working through the script errors, but my logs are pointing to problems in the export_descr_buildings. I tried removing the Maures cavalry but it continues to throw errors for other units. I reinstalled this morning and it's giving me the same error.

11:13:42.130 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:13:42.131 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    11:13:42.134 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:13:42.134 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:13:42.135 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:13:42.136 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:13:42.136 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:13:42.137 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:13:45.340 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 572, column 36
    Unknown unit type specified: Maures_Cavalry

there is a file called "export_descr_buildings-copy" in the dbm/data, rename the original file to something like "export_descr_buildings_backup" and use this "copy". it work for me. 55 turns and 0 crash

Thanks for the clarification. I included that file in case of problems, so you can revert back anytime...

Unfortunately, right now I do not plan to continue on this submod as I'm engaged in other modding activity and I have no time for this, simple as that.

In any case, to anyone, feel free to use this submod and its content as a base for further tweaking. It's open access