Thread: Strange bug? BOTET Irregular troops + camera movement causes crash.

Default Strange bug? BOTET Irregular troops + camera movement causes crash.

have been having an army kept crashing on me repeatedly, to the point of repeatable at whim. I have narrowed it down to the Unit, which is Celestial Mage. If I zoom out from the battle field, the game can play out just fine, as soon as I use the 8 or 2 key to zip forward or backwards, and it glides over this unit, the game crashes. I took that same army and remove the unit, game works great, all the other blocky units had no issues with the camera moving anywhere. I then did another test, where I left the unit to a rear corner and staged my other troops to the battle line, as long as I don't use the unit and don't intentionally move the camera to it using number pad, I get no crashes, btw, double clicking the units pic to bring camera over unit does not cause crash, its only using the number pad scrolling that seem to induce it. The army compose of 2 gunner, 2 Crossbow, 1 Karl Griffy, 1 lord Cav unit, 3 hally, 2 Carros, 2 sword, 2 spear, 2 nordland, 1 cannon, 1 mortar, and 1 celestial.

Default Re: Strange bug? BOTET Irregular troops + camera movement causes crash.

Bug reports for BoTET are best posted in the BoTET subforum in the submods section here, or on the Moddb page.

As for your problem, sounds like the sprites. Sprites are being reworked for all units in the upcoming 1.5. Most of the wizard units were very unfinished in 1.01, so hardly worth taking, yet. There's a lot of bugs like this still in 1.01 that we're working on eliminating for 1.5.