Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill passes treasonous Senate

Indefinitely Banned

Default Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill passes treasonous Senate

This latest attack takes the form of the Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill, which was passed by the Senate on Thursday.

S. 10

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    December 2, 2016
    Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

AN ACT
    To provide for the consideration of a definition of anti-Semitism for the enforcement of Federal antidiscrimination laws concerning education programs or activities. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
    SECTION 1. Short title.
    This Act may be cited as the “Anti-Semitism Awareness Act of 2016”.
    SEC. 2. Findings.
    Congress makes the following findings:

(1) Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (referred to in the section as “title VI”) is one of the principal antidiscrimination statutes enforced by the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
    (2) Title VI prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
    (3) Both the Department of Justice and the Department of Education have properly concluded that title VI prohibits discrimination against Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and members of other religious groups when the discrimination is based on the group’s actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics or when the discrimination is based on actual or perceived citizenship or residence in a country whose residents share a dominant religion or a distinct religious identity.
    (4) A September 8, 2010 letter from Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez to Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Russlynn H. Ali stated that “[a]lthough Title VI does not prohibit discrimination on the basis of religion, discrimination against Jews, Muslims, Sikhs, and members of other groups violates Title VI when that discrimination is based on the group’s actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics”.
    (5) To assist State and local educational agencies and schools in their efforts to comply with Federal law, the Department of Education periodically issues Dear Colleague letters. On a number of occasions, these letters set forth the Department of Education’s interpretation of the statutory and regulatory obligations of schools under title VI.
    (6) On September 13, 2004, the Department of Education issued a Dear Colleague letter regarding the obligations of schools (including colleges) under title VI to address incidents involving religious discrimination. The 2004 letter specifically notes that “since the attacks of September 11, 2001, OCR has received complaints of race or national origin harassment commingled with aspects of religious discrimination against Arab Muslim, Sikh, and Jewish students.”.
    (7) An October 26, 2010 Dear Colleague letter issued by the Department of Education stated, “While Title VI does not cover discrimination based solely on religion, groups that face discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics may not be denied protection under Title VI on the ground that they also share a common faith. These principles apply not just to Jewish students, but also to students from any discrete religious group that shares, or is perceived to share, ancestry or ethnic characteristics (e.g., Muslims or Sikhs).”.
    (8) Anti-Semitism remains a persistent, disturbing problem in elementary and secondary schools and on college campuses.
    (9) Jewish students are being threatened, harassed, or intimidated in their schools (including on their campuses) on the basis of their shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics including through harassing conduct that creates a hostile environment so severe, pervasive, or persistent so as to interfere with or limit some students’ ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or opportunities offered by schools.
    (10) The 2010 Dear Colleague letter cautioned schools that they “must take prompt and effective steps reasonably calculated to end the harassment, eliminate any hostile environment, and its effects, and prevent the harassment from recurring,” but did not provide guidance on current manifestation of anti-Semitism, including discriminatory anti-Semitic conduct that is couched as anti-Israel or anti-Zionist.
    (11) The definition and examples referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) of section 3 have been valuable tools to help identify contemporary manifestations of anti-Semitism, and include useful examples of discriminatory anti-Israel conduct that crosses the line into anti-Semitism.
    (12) Awareness of this definition of anti-Semitism will increase understanding of the parameters of contemporary anti-Jewish conduct and will assist the Department of Education in determining whether an investigation of anti-Semitism under title VI is warranted.SEC. 3. Definitions.
    For purposes of this Act, the term “definition of anti-Semitism”—

(1) includes the definition of anti-Semitism set forth by the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism of the Department of State in the Fact Sheet issued on June 8, 2010, as adapted from the Working Definition of Anti-Semitism of the European Monitoring Center on Racism and Xenophobia (now known as the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights); and
    (2) includes the examples set forth under the headings “Contemporary Examples of Anti-Semitism” and “What is Anti-Semitism Relative to Israel?” of the Fact Sheet.SEC. 4. Rule of construction for title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
    In reviewing, investigating, or deciding whether there has been a violation of title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq.) on the basis of race, color, or national origin, based on an individual's actual or perceived shared Jewish ancestry or Jewish ethnic characteristics, the Department of Education shall take into consideration the definition of anti-Semitism as part of the Department's assessment of whether the alleged practice was motivated by anti-Semitic intent.
    SEC. 5. Constitutional protections.
    Nothing in this Act, or an amendment made by this Act, shall be construed to diminish or infringe upon any right protected under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
    Passed the Senate December 1, 2016.

Source

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/02/...ticize-israel/

(lol at at the superfluous jab at Trump, the media is a parody of itself)

Basically, the bill allows the Dept of Education to use a cartoonishly European and easily exploited definition of anti-semitism when investigating schools. According to Senator Casey who introduced the bill, examples of such "anti-semitism" include:

• Calling for, aiding or justifying the killing or harming of Jews
    • Accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust
    • Demonizing Israel by blaming it for all interreligious or political tensions
    • Judge Israel by a double standard that one would not apply to any other democratic nation

All of these (except maybe the first one) are gross infringements on our 1st Amendment rights. Jews might not like it, but being able to say these things is what makes us America. Thus, they are using their massive and insidious influence eat away at our freedoms. It seems like a minor thing, just allowing various governement agencies to use the same (exploitable) definition of something, but this is how the game is played. tbh muslims need to learn a thing or two. This is a much more effective method for destroying Amerca than rioting and blowing up over cartoons.

here are some good jews in opposition of the bills passage:
    https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/inst...s-free-speech/
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 04, 2016 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Disruptive and insulting material deleted.

Default Re: Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill passes treasonous Senate- (((Their))) relentless assault on our Freedom continues

Quote Originally Posted by Caduet View Post
    This latest attack takes the form of the Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill, which was passed by the Senate on Thursday.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/02/...ticize-israel/

(lol at at the superfluous jab at Trump, the (((media))) is a parody of itself)

Basically, the bill allows the Dept of Education to use a cartoonishly European and easily exploited definition of anti-semitism when investigating schools. According to Senator Casey who introduced the bill, examples of such "anti-semitism" include:

• Calling for, aiding or justifying the killing or harming of Jews
    • Accusing the Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust
    • Demonizing Israel by blaming it for all interreligious or political tensions
    • Judge Israel by a double standard that one would not apply to any other democratic nation

All of these (except maybe the first one) are gross infringements on our 1st Amendment rights. Jews might not like it, but being able to say these things is what makes us America. Thus, they are using their massive and insidious influence eat away at our freedoms. It seems like a minor thing, just allowing various governement agencies to use the same (exploitable) definition of something, but this is how (((they))) play the game. tbh muslims need to learn a thing or two. This is a much more effective method for destroying Amerca than rioting and blowing up over cartoons.

here are some good jews in opposition of the bills passage:
    https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/inst...s-free-speech/
    The Jab at Trump is hilarious and typical but anything that is actually anti-free speech will be shot down. Idiots will be still able to wave their terrorist supporting flags at supposed anti-war rallies.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 03, 2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Continuity.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Default Re: Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill passes treasonous Senate- (((Their))) relentless assault on our Freedom continues

"Anti-Semitism" (which is a euphemism for Jew-hatred), is a huge problem in Western universities. It is almost mainstream to hate Jews and Israel there. They literally have weeks with themes about opposing Israel. A lot of universities have Islamic and other groups, many funded by terrorist organizations such as the Muslim Brotherhood, constantly agitating against Israel and Jews, and making an effort to divide us and weaken the alliance. That type of filth has no place in America, to be honest.

The article doesn't describe what this bill does, but since it involves the government, I'm naturally suspicious. That said, who wants to bet that Trump supports the bill? :-)
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; December 04, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

I added the Act in the first post-Garb.
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; December 04, 2016 at 03:40 AM.

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Odenat's Avatar Senator

I don't understand, isn't singling Jews or the state of Israel against the constitution? How can speaking against Jews is a crime while speaking against Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists etc. is not a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    I don't understand, isn't singling Jews or the state of Israel against the constitution? How can speaking against Jews is a crime while speaking against Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists etc. is not a crime?
    The superpower of the congress is that it can make anything a crime until someone has the balls to bring it before the courts to say it violates a higher form of law like the constitution. Some things are just politically good to pass. This thing passed by unanimous consent.
    Last edited by Gaidin; December 04, 2016 at 09:09 AM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Everybody wants to be a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Odenat View Post
    Hey, take a look at this part:

These principles apply not just to Jewish students, but also to students from any discrete religious group that shares, or is perceived to share, ancestry or ethnic characteristics (e.g., Muslims or Sikhs).
    Near as I can tell this act was a pointless exercise from a legal standpoint. I do find it amusing that a pet issue of "progressives" seems to be under attack here via one of their favorite "progressive" tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

remains to be seen how it is used.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Re: Anti-Semitism Awareness Bill passes treasonous Senate

Title edited for clarity. Also it is rather early for an off topic tangent, so please try to discuss the bill.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this bill infringes on the right to free speech, does it? We're talking about what goes in and what is left out of the classroom and the curriculum for teaching students. A lot of sensitive topics are left out of the classroom; I'd argue that they shouldn't, but that's just my opinion. In either case, you can still (hypothetically) stand on a street corner a few blocks away from the school and shout at people through a megaphone about how everyone should be suspicious of the money-hoarding Jews. See? Free speech still exists. Just not in the classroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this bill infringes on the right to free speech, does it? We're talking about what goes in and what is left out of the classroom and the curriculum for teaching students. A lot of sensitive topics are left out of the classroom; I'd argue that they shouldn't, but that's just my opinion. In either case, you can still (hypothetically) stand on a street corner a few blocks away from the school and shout at people through a megaphone about how everyone should be suspicious of the money-hoarding Jews. See? Free speech still exists. Just not in the classroom.
    Public schools are government institutions. Things can get iffy depending on how laws are enforced.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.
    Would the OP care to explain how the Senate has committed treason, given the Constitutional definition?
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    Would the OP care to explain how the Senate has committed treason, given the Constitutional definition?
    They're "race-traitors".
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    They're "race-traitors".
    Book em Danno. Case closed!

Except, you know, for the fact that there is no such thing as a "Jewish" "race", not unless you think Sephardic, Ashkenazi, and native Levantine Jews all look the same and share the exact same phenotypes/chromosomal DNA.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Are we talking of Jews, meaning their religion, right? So, isn't this thread about racism, but it's about religious freedom, that is, freedom of conscience, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Are we talking of Jews, meaning their religion, right? So, isn't this thread about racism, but it's about religious freedom, that is, freedom of conscience, right?
    It says discrimination based on actual or perceived shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics.

Using one of the examples, I think anyone as an individual can still accuse Jews as a people, or Israel as a state, of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust, but the bill is saying you can't teach that in the classroom as a government funded educator. The problem with all the examples though, is that while they could be used to keep profs from teaching complete BS, they could also be used to shut down discussion of gray areas of interpretation. How exactly do you determine if someone is judging Israel by a double standard that one would not apply to any other democratic nation?
    Last edited by sumskilz; December 05, 2016 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Israel has ruined my ability to use indefinite articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleonic Bonapartism View Post
    By giving aid and comfort to the most dangerous foe America has ever faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That's how they operate. A seemingly pointless bill here, enforced virtue-signalling there. But its all headed toward the same thing. They showed their hand too early with the Bolsheviks and paid heavily for it. Now they play the long con, and use their overwhelming infiltration of the government and media to pull it off.
    Last edited by Iskar; December 05, 2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: anti-semitic slur removed

That's how they operate. A seemingly pointless bill here, enforced virtue-signalling there. But its all headed toward the same thing. They showed their hand too early with the Bolsheviks and paid heavily for it. Now they play the long con, and use their overwhelming infiltration of the government and media to pull it off.
    What you see as a giant conspiracy working in the shadows looks pretty different to me. Looks more like a bunch of various unrelated people working separately or in some cases collectively, as strangers, to vote a certain way, work for certain companies, promote certain non-profit organizations, etc. based on their values. And they do so out in the open, not in the shadows. Where's the conspiracy here? Aside from AIPAC. Those guys are total Israeli shills for Netanyahu's conservative party and their lobbying group is a big bag of dicks.

Besides, not all Jews vote the same or pursue in the same line of work. I know Jewish guys who vote Republican, Jewish guys who are car mechanics and weight trainers, etc. How exactly do they fit into your master scheme?
    Last edited by Roma_Victrix; December 06, 2016 at 02:51 AM. Reason: continuity

Himster's Avatar Praeses

The natives? The British? The Nazis? Isis? North Korea? Imperial Japan? North Vietnam? Mexicans? Obesity?

Ah: the media, you're talking about them 'aul hook nosed little fellas from certain charmingly quaint vintage German comic books.
    They're not real. They're made up.

Also, how are these cartoon "Jews" the most dangerous foe America ever faced?
    More dangerous to Americans than obesity? Obesity, come on.
    Last edited by Iskar; December 05, 2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: continuity
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Wait, are you seriously suggesting there's a worldwide Jewish conspiracy?

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast