Thread: Cultic only AI Adunabar

Default Cultic only AI Adunabar

I asked this awhile back, but does anybody know how I could alter the game so that AI Adun remains cultic no matter what? I did some looking around the edb but couldn't figure a way out myself. Many thanks in advance, I just enjoy having a villain to fight.

Default Re: Cultic only AI Adunabar

I think the best solution for you is to delete any option to build anything that change it to ways of the west for Adunabar. I don't know how to do it but maybe webba know how to resolve this.

Unfortunately, AI Adunabar will often become WotW because most of the lands they conquer will be WotW. This is compounded by Adunabar often losing it's eastern cultist lands to Rhun and Khand (KHAND!!!). If most of the provinces held by Adunabar are WotW, that will be the official alignment of the faction. I think this might be helped by removing WotW buildings from the faction's project list, and making existing WotW projects incompatible with the faction. Someone else would have to walk you through how to do that.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

There's actually a rather unfortunate problem with this, in that to make the AI Adunabar cultic only we need to set up lines in edb that will tell it to destroy WotW buildings, and we have recently discovered that if we do this then settlements that are automated by the player will also destroy these buildings.

Since automating settlements is something we recommend to improve OoL for your governors, this can making playing a WotW Adunabar faction impossible (because your governors will keep destroying any WotW CC buildings you construct). Still trying to decide what to do about it.

Ah, so it's more complicated than i thought. Thanks for the answer.

It sounds to me if a player wants a campaign in which an AI Adunabar is guaranteed to be cultists he will have to have separate builds to play one version with AI Adunabar, and the other with player Adunabar. I don't expect this guaranteed cultist AI Adunabar is something many players will be interested in, so maybe just instructions for those interested on how to do it?
    Last edited by Wambat; December 04, 2016 at 07:07 PM.

I would be interested myself. I assume we'd just have to have a backup default edb? Something along the lines of just editing the faction required to build ways of the west; would it be a simple matter of turning this:

culture_dunedanic_1 requires factions { roman, berbers, } and hidden_resource not_exist or factions { roman, berbers, }

into something like this (assuming 'berbers' is Adunabar):

culture_dunedanic_1 requires factions { roman, } and hidden_resource not_exist or factions { roman, }

?
    Last edited by SnuggleBunnies; December 05, 2016 at 10:40 AM.

So, tldr: how can you simply remove the ability for Adunabar (AI or human) to build WotW conversion buildings?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Gimme a few hours and I'll post the exact changes needed.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Ok, so go to lines 20129, 20326, and 20523 of export_descr_buildings.txt and change where it says,

Code:
    culture_dunedanic_3 requires factions { roman, berbers, } and hidden_resource not_exist or factions { roman, berbers, } and hidden_resource nofort blah blah blah...
    and change it to,

Code:
    culture_dunedanic_3 requires factions { roman, berbers, } and hidden_resource not_exist or factions { empire_east, empire_west, berbers, } and hidden_resource nofort blah blah blah...
    Not that this will only remove the ability of Adunabar to build these buildings (both as AI and player). Removing the abilities from effecting them, making the changes visible (it will still appear in the project browser than they can construct them), or preventing the AI from building them while allowing the player to do so would all require many more changes.
    Last edited by webba84; December 06, 2016 at 10:18 AM.

Thank you so much Webba. I know it may seem a little trivial to those who don't care about it one way or another, but it really boosts the immersion for me to have Adun be Cultic, especially when it is expanding. As Wambat mentioned, Adunabar tended to go MotW most frequently when they did well, which is right when I wanted them to seem the most menacing.

I've kept a backup original edb, of course, should I want to give Adunabar a MotW play.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

No worries SnuggleBunnies. Good news is I think I have figured out a way to fix this, and if all goes well in addition to the settlement automation being possible I will also be able to make AI Adunabar much more reliably stay cultic.