Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bug thread

Default Re: Bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbong View Post
    Anway so i dont expect anything, but i seen in your last post you said you have fixed it? Are you Sure? If you are sure, are you sure you have uploaded the correct fixed file, as I have downloaded and played the most recent Morning Sun 2.8 download and it is still visibly broken.
    I thought ticking the box that said "can_trade" would fix this issue but for some reason it doesn't. Not sure what is causing this issue since everything seems to be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbong View Post
    Morning Sun 2.8 is effectively BROKEN until the trade node bug is fixed.
    Its like asking people to play with 50% end turn income.
    Trade nodes are less important in this mod since there's fewer of them and all their respurces can be found in various regions.

Still waiting to hear from you UAnime5... You could fix this in 10 minutes for everyone.
    I don't know what's causing this problem so I can't fix it. I've checked all the unit tables but they don't have anything obvious I'd need to edit to let ships trade.

Sending me a large number of PMs and repeatedly posting about it in multiple threads will not get it fixed faster.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

My apologies about the large amount of PM's. I didnt have the *display sent messages in "sent messages" option enabled, and as such, i thought the messages didnt send. I Sincerely apologise.
    The Fact that I am so Rabidly psychotic in fixing this issue is that I am a huge admirer of the mod and it is a testament to you as a creator, the effect it has on people when they cant play it and really want to.
    You dont know what is causing the problem? I can at least state with confidence that Morning Sun 2.0 WORKED. I played the out of it. Including the trade issue.
    If you have any Old copies of Morning sun (any of the versions; 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, then you could identify a possible change that was accidentally implemented in 2.8 or earlier.
    At the Very least, can i ask if you have any older versions of Morning Sun? I have a copy of 2.0 but i think its a corrupt download and is giving me an end of turn crash.
    Yours Humbly, Fishbong.

Hey, loving your mod. I just ran into the arrow=cannon sound bug with your mod. Tried some of the generic fixes on Workshop and TWC, but doesn't seem to work. It only seems to happen with Japanese units from what I can tell. And again, loving your mod!

Hey, so I don't know if this thread is still active and this project is still being worked on, but while playing I've found a problem with naval battles, where even though the ai ships surrender in the battle, after the battle the units still belong to the ai and run away. Also the ship canons can only shoot a few meters in front of them despite having a much larger effective range(tried messing with velocity and gravity values to adjust for this) and matchlock ship units seem to have the power to shatter ships like canons. I've been able to circumvent some minor fixes like the trade ships issue by enabling the can trade traits, etc, but I don't know what table/s would control this aspect of the game. Any help or advice in the right direction would be appreciated. Otherwise fantastic mod.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Hello. I play with the Shimazu and I only get the Wako trade ship from trade ports ... which doesn't allow me to trade as they are pirates. Is this a bug? Is it intentional? Do I have to rely on piracy instead of capturing trade nodes? I would prefer trade nodes as I think they increase the chance for Portuguese to show up. I want to build a Nanban port and then capture the Bungo one to have two.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by xekonius View Post
    Hey, so I don't know if this thread is still active and this project is still being worked on, but while playing I've found a problem with naval battles, where even though the ai ships surrender in the battle, after the battle the units still belong to the ai and run away. Also the ship canons can only shoot a few meters in front of them despite having a much larger effective range(tried messing with velocity and gravity values to adjust for this) and matchlock ship units seem to have the power to shatter ships like canons. I've been able to circumvent some minor fixes like the trade ships issue by enabling the can trade traits, etc, but I don't know what table/s would control this aspect of the game. Any help or advice in the right direction would be appreciated. Otherwise fantastic mod.
    I'd love to know how to fix the velocity/effective range bug as well, it's kinda ticking me off if I'm honest, lol. The Korean ships have good cannon ships, and it's a pity that you have to get REAL close to the enemy before they actually do their job (i.e. the cannonballs actually REACH their target) in order to have any sort of proper cannon action. Really, the panokseon (and heavy variant) just become glorified archer boat platforms, lol.

Also tried fixing the effective range etc of the units, even going all the way to 2100. But no, to no avail. Don't know what to do, to be honest

So, quick update: Found the culprit of the short distance for cannons. It was caused due to high air resistance being ticked in the projectile(s?)_tables slots.

Unfortunately, the cannon shots don't seem to be all too accuarate, might need to tweak around with accuracy stats a bit.

New problem: while testing with heavy panokseon, I found out that cannons fire from the... opposite side of the ship than which they are facing (i.e. they're facing on their right side to the enemy, and fire cannons from the left???). I have NO clue why this happens, and if anyone could advise me on what might cause this (i.e. projectiles being fired from the opposite side) and perhaps a way to fix it, it'd be appreciated.

The above bug can cause the ship to damage itself while firing at targets, as well as destroying guns/killing crew in the process. Kinda annoying. The cannons before having the air_resistance slot ticked didn't fire like this, but now with it unticked it fires weirdly.

Default Re: Removal of campaign shroud while maintaining fog of war

Hi. All trees and grass disappear in open battlefield, in mainland China, Mongol and Manchu. Open Battlefield in Japan is ok.
    And i play as Manchu, i can't build the gunpowder building. Could you fix this? Thank u very much for this great mod.

Tree disappear in open battlefiled:
    [IMG][/IMG]

Version 3.2 has The Sound Issue where bows sound like cannons, rendering the experience unplayable.
    I have tried my install without the mod enabled, and the bow sounds are fine... with the mod enabled, bows still sound like cannons.
    I have also tried Darth Vaders Sound Fix (Sounds_fixed.pack) file, and that seems to have no effect on Morning Suns Bow/Cannon sounds issue.
    Any information on why this might be occuring would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards, Fishbong.

Its ok, the steam arrow_cannon sound fix, fixed it. You even fixed the trade node bug, good stuff Uanime5. 10/10 anyway, thanks.

Maybe not a bug per say, but I feel like the Tusi Crossbowmen are way to good. I haven't tried, but you could probably field an entire army of them which would be unstoppable.

While playing as the Otomo, I found that the powdermaker is missing the otomo matchlocks and otomo matchlock samurai. they are just not able to be recruited and don't appear. How do I fix this?

Not sure if it's intended but playing as the Tokugawa, Bow Samurai take six turns to recruit and don't have any of their special abilities in battle such as fire arrows, even after researching the Art that unlocks fire shot. Katana samurai also take four turns to recruit, while Nodachi Samurai and Yari Samurai take only one turn each to recruit.

Hey uanime5, great mod, really appreciate your work.

I'm just playing as Joseon and I finally got to make some hwachas only to find out that they don't fire a damn thing... they don't even have fire option.
    Similarly for Panokseon or heavy panokseon, they also do nothing with their gun, instead only firing bows.

is this a bug? How do you fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by adiosamigos View Post
    Hey uanime5, great mod, really appreciate your work. <br>
    <br>
    I'm just playing as Joseon and I finally got to make some hwachas only to find out that they don't fire a damn thing... they don't even have fire option.<br>
    Similarly for Panokseon or heavy panokseon, they also do nothing with their gun, instead only firing bows. <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br><br>So I've decided to try poking at this a little. First time using the pack file manager, or trying to mod for any game at all! This is kinda fun.<br>Here is what I did/found so far<br><br>- I don't have any other mods<br><br>- I went and downloaded the Morning Sun V 1.0 from steam workshop posted by uanime5, and loaded the game with both <strong>ming </strong>and <strong>imjin </strong>mods checked. The weapons now do fire - however this messes up the building and tech chains.&nbsp;<br><br>- The reason why doing the above messes up the building and tech chains is because the&nbsp;<strong>imjin_data</strong>&nbsp;pack refers to tech as&nbsp;<strong>shogun_military...</strong>&nbsp;but in&nbsp;<strong>ming data&nbsp;</strong>pack&nbsp;it's referred to as&nbsp;<strong>korea_military...</strong>&nbsp;so in ming pack korea has their own tech<br><br>- So I tried copying all the&nbsp;<strong>building..</strong>&nbsp;table values from&nbsp;<strong>ming_data&nbsp;</strong>to&nbsp;<strong>imjin_data.</strong>&nbsp;pack using TSV export and import. However, when trying to load the game, it crashes. I don't have debugger set up and I don't really want to spend my time doing that so I don't know what the cause of crash is, but probably reference error, since the data from imjin and ming don't match. Wish there was a way to copy values over from ming only for rows that exists in imjin. I could write a script that can do this but again I don't want to or have time for that lol&nbsp;<br><br>- So then I wanted to see what's missing from ming_data pack that's in imjin_data pack that could be causing this issue. The table named with&nbsp;<strong>gun_type_to_projectiles_tables,&nbsp;</strong>caught my immediate interest since the gun model itself loaded just fine but it just won't fire. And indeed, this table does not exist in&nbsp;<strong>ming.pack</strong>. Now, to test this theory I just need to add this to&nbsp;<strong>ming.pack</strong>&nbsp;right? I tried this by extracting this table from&nbsp;<strong>imjin</strong> and then adding this file to&nbsp;<strong>ming.pack</strong>&nbsp;using "Choose pack Action". For some reason the pack file manager can't load this file, so I can't see what's in it. I was able to add it and save it, and saw that the file size increased as well. Only problem is that now the game will crash while trying to start.&nbsp;<br><br>I suspect that gun_type_to_projectiles_tables missing might be the cause... but again, I guess since there's a bit of differences between ming and imjin data, it might be having reference issues or something idk.&nbsp;<br>Would really be nice to have this problem solved. Otherwise great mod

Hey uanime5, great mod, really appreciate your work.

I'm just playing as Joseon and I finally got to make some hwachas only to find out that they don't fire a damn thing... they don't even have fire option.
    Similarly for Panokseon or heavy panokseon, they also do nothing with their gun, instead only firing bows.

Okay I found the solution to the problem folks!!! First time modding a game in my life lol it was kinda fun

I used https://github.com/Frodo45127/rpfm/releases (the rpfm pack manager) to edit the file.

I downloaded the morning sun V1 from steam workshop. There is a file callec imjin_data.pack. You will notice that if you open up the ming.pack file, you will notice that the table called gun_type_to_projectiles_tables (Well it's actually a directory, the table name is without the _table part) is missing from it. This table exists in the imjin_data.pack file, so use the rpfm to create a TSV file from imjin_data.pack, then import this into ming.pack.

Notice that this is a table mapping gun types to projectiles type. Open the gun_types table from ming.pack. You will notice that some of the gun types is missing from this table. Add new rows to add these ones in. RPFM shows you what values are available for projectiles, and they have matching names so just use that. For me of particular interest was korea_cannon_earth since I was playing as Joseon. But I made sure to add Ming's cannons too since I am also fighting Ming in the campaign.

Once you've done that, save the file and run the game. You don't need any other imjin mods just the ming ones will suffice.

Shout out to uanime5 for dope mods and also to the developers of RPFM. It's a ing amazing tool. This is my first time ever modding any game or even trying to mod any game, and I done this without reading any manuals whatsoever. Pretty straightfoward if you are familiar around computers.

Morning Sun 3.3
    Bug During campaign,
    without mod crash
    During my turn as well as any other faction
    Yuan Khanate
    Bug is related to reduction of recruitment time for Mongol, Jurchen and Tibetan units, improved stables and shooting ranges do not reduce recruitment time
    Solution by Sara Temer
    add missing units effect units_mod_samurai_cavalry_recruit_time
    and unit_mod_samurai_archer_recruit_time
    in effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions

I'm running into a CTD on turn 73 of my campaign as Oda (Winter 1584). The game consistently crashes during Warka's turn. I haven't even discovered them yet (haven't had any interaction with them), and I'm not at war with anyone. All I was doing was chilling within my borders. Any possible fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by fugggggg View Post
    I'm running into a CTD on turn 73 of my campaign as Oda (Winter 1584). The game consistently crashes during Warka's turn. I haven't even discovered them yet (haven't had any interaction with them), and I'm not at war with anyone. All I was doing was chilling within my borders. Any possible fix for this?
    Sorry for the double post. I don't have the option to edit my previous post. Below is a picture of the mods I was using.

Besides the trebuchets, none of the cannons and hwachas from the mod have any ranges and they do not fire. I even made sure not to run it with any other mods on Steam just in case it was a compatibility issue. and I made sure to run the latest build.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast