Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14395455565758596061626364656667686970717273 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1456

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

Loaded 10 times with both 10 and 11 ships. Heroic victories every-time. Did not get a single defeat. Something is clearly glitching with the battle.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can the admin please skip him if he refuses to play his turn?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I allow you to get the heroic victory, if the odds are 1:1 in the sea battle. If you don't want to risk your ships, then don't attack then. This is the two choice you have kolu.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    Loaded 10 times with both 10 and 11 ships. Heroic victories every-time. Did not get a single defeat. Something is clearly glitching with the battle.
    So if I understand it corectly it turns out that these heroics have nothing to do with how many ports Hungary has left but only with the quality of your ships given that themzr has a couple of war galleys in his stack. I dont think we should make any exception to the rule that heroic victories arent allowed, especially in this situation because you can easily get a clear victory using more ships and because you probably intend to use same logic in the future. And this is the second time in a row you trying to make the game works your way instead of how it would work normaly.

Gaming Emeritus

After further thinking I decided, that while the battle seems to favour heroic most of the time, due to navy AR probably at a breaking point, the battle itself can be only played, if the results ends with a clear victory.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by ★RedStar★ View Post
    So if I understand it corectly it turns out that these heroics have nothing to do with how many ports Hungary has left but only with the quality of your ships given that themzr has a couple of war galleys in his stack. I dont think we should make any exception to the rule that heroic victories arent allowed, especially in this situation because you can easily get a clear victory using more ships and because you probably intend to use same logic in the future. And this is the second time in a row you trying to make the game works your way instead of how it would work normaly.
    So if I understand this correctly, you want the many glitchy aspects of this old game to only favour you and your ally. If an aspect of this game glitches in your favour, like my army dying to a man for no reason, it should be allowed but if I can only get a heroic victory with less than an even number of ships, that should be banned. Quality of ships has nothing to do with this, its simply how naval auto-resolve works in this very glitchy game.

What absolute logic. Seems you are just too afraid to face me in an even battle. Don't blame you there.

This ruling is incredibly unfair and one I do not at all agree with. I will maybe get around to replaying my entire turn this weekend. If you don't like it, boot me like Themerz wants - will save me a massive headache. He will probably even consider that his first victory against me lol

What is the location of this battle? black sea? I think I might know why it keeps giving heroic... ill test something, please tell me where the battle location is, whether its trough discord, PM or here in the chat idc.

Like twelve spots north of Constantinople

First, I wouldnt call this glitchy at all, its just how this game works normally. Secondly, I dont want to use any glitchy aspect of the game in my favour, just trying to ensure we stick to the rules. Also if I remember correctly, I replayed one of my previous turns instantly after you requested it so it also only favored you, not me and I accepted it with no problem. How it seems to me now, you are trying in all possible ways to avoid a very certain defeat, even those that are clearly against the rules. Lets see what Saleska will have to say but I think you should post your turn ASAP.

Is there anything that would block the ships from retreating through the bosphorus or anything blocking a potential retreat away from the black sea? This can also be a unit standing on a tile next to the water as land units can sometimes block ships from retreating somewhere. When odds are good and its always heroic it means 90% of the time that its forced because it has no escape left.

Cleary certain defeat? I doubt anyone would consider that to be the case lol if its so certain why are you so concerned about these results when everyone in this forum would expect a smaller navy to be able to beat one less than double in size?

What a joke. You don't think the game is glitchy? Clearly you are not being even slightly objective here.

Saleska: the pass is not blocked and navy is not on the waters edge.

You are partly right, I can not be 100% objective here and thats why I leave the admin to decide. Just to inform you, I didnt ask themzr to place ships there, he came up to me with that idea and I told him that it could be a good idea but that he is free to place the ships wherever he wants, just not to block the pass to the Black Sea. That is enough to say that I am actually not much interested in the result of that battle. But I am more interested in preventing you to interpret the rules in the way that suit you since all of this is because you want to reduce your losses to a minimum.

Glitchy or not, its a part of the game but if you play by the rules everyone should be satisfied.

As for your "certain defeat", I told that mostly because you told first that I am too afraid to face you, but anyway what I told is not too far from the truth especially now when Ramble is back in game again.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Gaming Emeritus

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great