Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1456

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    Will be up Thursday

Moors turn done tho:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vVo...ew?usp=sharing

K-sah up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/142o...ew?usp=sharing

Someone help me get Advanced Mil. Training as well. Need 4 to keep up with the others here
    Do you have some compulsive need to keep breaking NAPs?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

What NAP?

I ceasefired you cause Egypt demanded it. Two turns later Egypt declared war on me so...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by kolu2210 View Post
    What NAP?

I ceasefired you cause Egypt demanded it. Two turns later Egypt declared war on me so...
    It's like I'm talking to someone with alzheimer's... We established an NAP between BOTH Moors, Kiev and Hungary when you were fighting the HRE. You choose to break that NAP for each faction, in the case of the Moors to make an uncalled for attack and for Kiev you broke it even after promising you wouldn't and egypt telling you that him and I had achieved peace. Then (at least on paper) we reconstituted those NAP's, even after persevering through your ridiculous and stubborn attempts at diplomacy. I don't know why I'm surprised that now you see fit to break it again because it suits you.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Do not worry, your pain will be over soon

The kwarezmians had long sat on the sidelines, as the conflict raged across Europe but curtailed with non-aggressive agreements with Egypt and the cumans, they just enjoyed the wealth of the silk road, but long had they sought a Crimean sea port to provide access for the ships to further markets. When the Egyptians asked for them to attack the weak kievan ports , they leap at the chance , moving a few armies groups to that direction, and last minute kievan diplomatic moves to head of the threat, came to naught as the kwarezmians stormed in the port city of Kutaisi with little resistance.

battle pics : https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vg1fcglnj..._adv1.jpg?dl=0

The kwarezmians assure the Egyptians and the Cumans that such attacks on the border against keiven ports, will be limited and will not infringe upon there treaties.

Turn sent to Russia [via email] as has no password lock
    Last edited by paladinbob123; October 07, 2018 at 05:19 PM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Will be up tomorrow...

EDIT: Turn almost done, will finish it when I wake up...
    Last edited by ★RedStar★; October 13, 2018 at 09:39 PM.

How is it possible to completely wipe out an army standing in my lands? Did you block its retreat?

No, I attacked it as you see in the pic. Probably that army wanted to go to ships behind but there was no room for it as a previously defeated army already was there. And I dont think it's a good idea to leave armies like that.

That doesn't make sense. I'll have the admin look into whether it has to do with the order of your attacks or putting units by bridges behind them or something.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

The kievian army gets destroyed, because it is surrounded of the zone of control of the egyptian army led, by the general, hence it can't retreat to anywhere and gets destroyed. I moved the kievian army to an adjacent position, so if the army gets beaten it can retreat now, instead of getting destroyed. An updated save has been sent to Redstar to play his turn.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I don't think that is a fair ruling. Why should kolu try and be rewarded for a poor placement of his own army?

Other option is redstar places the two armies so my army isn't completely surrounded by ZoC or does the two attacks in a different order.

The game is glitchy but you aren't allowed to set up the attack to deny the army or fleet retreating. Similar to sieging a town or fort so an army can't retreat to it and is wiped out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The exploitation that rule seeks to prevent is very different from how redstar is playing his turn. He is not surrounding the army with 7 smaller 1 unit troops to deny a retreat, he is simply using 2 strong armies to defeat another strong army. Historically if an army was fighting with its back to some sort of natural obstacle, like a river or a mountain and it was attacked and defeated its troops would be annihilated as they would have nowhere to retreat to. You placed your army there, you should have to deal with the consequences..... not redstar

I agree, indeed that was a poor placement of armies but still I guess the main army was supposed to retreat to the nearest settlement which is Oleshe in this case. Doing attacks in a different order isnt possible because of the limited movement one of my army has and because of the placement of enemy armies.

Anyway, that general should die next turn so no problem...
    Last edited by ★RedStar★; October 14, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bump

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Hungary up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ifaywm
    Smolensk taken with overwhelming forces using a catapult.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."