Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 833484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1456

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

Last edited by ScotlandIsBest; August 22, 2018 at 10:01 PM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Who subbed for sicily?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Scottlandisbest. It's his faction.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Last edited by themzr; August 24, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, third betrayal in a single HS. feelsgoodman

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Wow, third betrayal in a single HS. feelsgoodman
    What are you talking about? lol We didn't had a NAP not even speaking about alliance. We made simple cesefire without direct amount of turns it is supposed to stand so it is war as every other.

PS I didn't plan to brooke casefire that soon, but change of English player changed my plans.

PS2 If comes to count and you count me in then it is me, Sal and who is that third? :o
    Last edited by Potatoto; August 26, 2018 at 05:00 AM.

I think declaring war before attacking the faction you made a ceasefire with just a couple turns back is common sense. Especially when you are waiting for him to move his troops away while bringing reinforcements yourself. In my book anyone (with some rare case exceptions) would deserve at least a turn to prepare in such circumstances. Or even if he's not given that, a pm explaining your reasoning is good manners.

That was not a betrayal indeed, I forgot the conditions of our agreement (thought we had a NAP for 10 turns for some reason). It was a coward move, but you had your full right to do it. Sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Will probably need an extension here.

"Especially when you are waiting for him to move his troops away while bringing reinforcements yourself."

I have no idea how did you figure that out. I really didn't plan this move until Saleska has been repleaced so actualy about prepering to war you are just 1 turn behind me. I have no idea about what reinforcements you're talking about.

"I think declaring war before attacking the faction you made a ceasefire with just a couple turns back is common sense"

I don't know if it is so common as as far as I play here I have never seen or even heard of anyone declaring war on other before atacking him.

I don't think I need to take screenshots of all the agents you moved into my lands (which I didn't kill btw). Nor I have any agent in your lands to get precise location of 3 other stacks you had in Clermont region on turn 27, when we agreed to peace. After we signed the deal you took Lyon on turn 28 with a full stack and left it there, while 2 of my stacks that were just east of Lyon moved back to Rheims, leaving both Lyon and Dijon free to take, which you took advantage of. Had we not signed the deal, my 2 stacks would be protecting the bridges at Lyon (bridges are OP since you can't attack with more than 1 stack. I think you know that). With Very Hard AR even 1 forted stack can't be taken out with 1:1 odds. Add my Prince's 28 additional MPs and the fact that you only have 1 NF out of those 3 generals of yours, you'd be staying back really far.

It is common, but it is just majority of people not taking the challenge going for easy profit. There were plenty of cases when I and other people did this, mostly in private.

I don't know what this:
    "Especially when you are waiting for him to move his troops away while bringing reinforcements yourself."
    have to this:
    I don't think I need to take screenshots of all the agents you moved into my lands (which I didn't kill btw). Nor I have any agent in your lands to get precise location of 3 other stacks you had in Clermont region on turn 27, when we agreed to peace. After we signed the deal you took Lyon on turn 28 with a full stack and left it there, while 2 of my stacks that were just east of Lyon moved back to Rheims, leaving both Lyon and Dijon free to take, which you took advantage of. Had we not signed the deal, my 2 stacks would be protecting the bridges at Lyon (bridges are OP since you can't attack with more than 1 stack. I think you know that). With Very Hard AR even 1 forted stack can't be taken out with 1:1 odds. Add my Prince's 28 additional MPs and the fact that you only have 1 NF out of those 3 generals of yours, you'd be staying back really far.

Of coursed I have,had and I will have spys on your lands and not just yours as I am monitoring always ever nation which borders with me and that is in bassicaly in every HS I play. I do not know why do you take this as agresive. Even through I didn't want to join your war with England yet I wanted to be aware of anythink what is going on there. If comes to that assasin of which you surely mainly talking about he was supposed to train on your and English commaners Also all of them were there for all time in which we were at war so I don't know how you can call it "gatthering forces". Also you didn't mention about even single unite I "gathered" so after all we are talking just about agents.

" while 2 of my stacks that were just east of Lyon moved back to Rheims, leaving both Lyon and Dijon free to take, which you took advantage of. Had we not signed the deal, my 2 stacks would be protecting the bridges at Lyon (bridges are OP since you can't attack with more than 1 stack. I think you know that). With Very Hard AR even 1 forted stack can't be taken out with 1:1 odds. Add my Prince's 28 additional MPs and the fact that you only have 1 NF out of those 3 generals of yours, you'd be staying back really far."

That if I would manage to take Lyon if we would not made peace is other think. That is true that with this creazy boosted prince and 2 stacks you could secure Lyon and force me to back down, but sending 2 full stack and your best general against me would cost you a lot in your war with England. Surely far more than Lyon is worth.

Also talking about easy profit where random middleblood is going against one of the bast players (or perhaps even the best player) with far stronger faction in controll is I guess not on the right place
    Last edited by Potatoto; August 27, 2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoto View Post
    Also you didn't mention about even single unite I "gathered" so after all we are talking just about agents.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cf?usp=sharing
    I've put my mouse on the stack I am talking about. This is the furtherst spot my spy could go on my finished turn. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised those other 2 stacks moved closer during 2 turns of ceasefire. I mean I don't have to highlight your King moved into Lyon after we signed the treaty? If that is not gathering troops, then what is?

I do not know why do you take this as agresive.
    Sending spies into other countries has always been considered as an aggressive move. Modern world is no exception. Any spy that is brought down would be imprisoned/killed and the fact would lead to a serious international scandal. Since we are sort of imitating politics, of course I would take is as such.

Also talking about easy profit where random middleblood is going against one of the bast players (or perhaps even the best player) with far stronger faction in controll is I guess not on the right place
    That is doubtful, I have never played against Ventos, and only had a small clash with Mith and Joerock in this same HS. Won Mith with a military advantage, lost to Joerock for the same reason, but that shows nothing.
    Same with saying I am far stronger as a faction. Here's the graph (you and England are tied below me):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HGY...ew?usp=sharing

That would be true 15 turns ago. Now it doesn't take much to beat a steadily declining bankrupt faction that has been warring non-stop with 2-4 factions. All while you were babysitted by the Moors the entire game. Add your best European unit lineup in SS and your 5 fortresses that can just spam out elites and now you get an easy victory since I am out of chokepoints I can hold your elites at now. That if we forget there is England with a superior fleet and slightly smaller army than me.

What I see is semi-reasonable fear of me steamrolling everyone. Could be true, but not in this HS state as I mentioned earlier.
    I am just getting bullied here diplomacy-wise all game long, which I am tired of and find really annoying to deal with, because as soon as I move my troops away after letting factions live (Saleska when I could sink his whole fleet together with his all armies or Redstar when he took over Denmark and I didn't want to spoil the faction for him), I am getting backstabbed. See, I tried my best to stay tenderhearted the whole game and now I am getting you in the way of paying the English back for their betrayal as soon as my troops are away. This said I should have just died trying and not agree to anything with you.

Now let's stop junking this thread and go to pm if you are willing to continue.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Will need an extension to the weekend here

"War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

Hmmm. I guess we will have to replay from England's last turn. Somebody used wrong save where he illegaly took my fort.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

So i had played the turn, but i guess i forgot to reload the page or something:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hgw5k0...ssia_29%2C.sav
    But to be sure i will ask Dragon to clarify first
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

7 turns back? Really? Cannot it be somehow unmade by admin or fine England that move or recompeense it somehow to HRE? Is that really so important fort that we have to go so far back?