Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

No, I just hate doing diplomacy, but it's all fine now

I really want to play as just one faction, can we switch plz?

HRE requires the most time tho

I think one faction will save a lot of time, even hre is big. That's why I asked for HRE when I joined.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Hotseats Record 3-0
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Iberian Peninsula Campaign (AR) - Portugal - Winner
    Hungary Against the Nations (Manual) - Byzantine Empire (since turn 8)
    Ultimate 1v1 No Rules (Manual) - England - Winner
    Teutonic Warfare (Manual) - Teutonic Order
    Grand Campaign (Manual) - Sicily - Winner

I suppose lategame that is the case yeah. But early game HRE is so much work. You got so much factions bordering you, so much diplomacy,scouting, buildings, militairy, attack, defence. It far surpasses any other 2 factions early on I think.

I think HRE may even needs less time in term of gameplay in the early game, only diplomacy needs more time.

Ramble can we switch plz? Cuman is pretty much in the same location as mother Russia, your home country. :p
    Hotseats Record 3-0

Are you guys cool with Papal States becoming playable after all? They would be played by 1 person (Yzj991). Mith could then take over as England/Cumans and then Dr Mac would join(if he still wants) to play as Poland/Portugal

Against

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Against too

come on

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    Hotseats Record 3-0

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Since Dr Mac is a new player, we have 27 factions and 15 players without Papal States. So, we can reshuffle with 3 players playing 3 strongest factions (HRE, France and Novgorod/Byzantine Empire?), and rest 12 players get 24 factions. Might be a bit complicated, but seems to be good a solution. Only Yzj gets just 1 faction 100%.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

I think the original idea had already been on edge of being possible. 15 players with 36hrs limit is not gonna work. There are several players who are known for not being able to play on time, so even if me and Dragon did our best admin work (subbing immediately after being late), you would have 1turn per month, and several ppl would have to be replaced soon...From what I have been told we are not supposed to do that, so you would possibly not even have a turn per month

Gaming Emeritus

Time limit must be decreased to 24hrs, and ppl who are not able to play in 24hrs should not play in this one. Thats fact

Let me start of by saying this is my fault, I wanted to start too quickly and didnt think it all through, my apologies for that. However, aside from that, I am sure we can fix it I will not be forcing anyone to play this, my goal is to make sure everyone gets to have fun. I will try my hardest to make sure everyone is happy when we start and if there are any problems anyone doesnt like at all, just contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventos Mustel View Post
    Against
    I definently respect your opinion but I would like a reason, this is because its no surprise Sicily and Venice would be against it as its a disadvantage towards them. Papal States can definently be troublesome but is also very limited and has many disadvantages. There are lots of reasons for them not be allowed, but if one reason is overwhelming, then maybe I can fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    Since Dr Mac is a new player, we have 27 factions and 15 players without Papal States. So, we can reshuffle with 3 players playing 3 strongest factions (HRE, France and Novgorod/Byzantine Empire?), and rest 12 players get 24 factions. Might be a bit complicated, but seems to be good a solution. Only Yzj gets just 1 faction 100%.
    The problem here is that you end up trying to fix a problem by involving others who have nothing to do with it. Most players have done diplomacy by now and suddenly taking away their factions means I succesfully wasted their time. While the solution is good enough, the players MUST agree. I dont want to force a restart when half of the players are against it. My goal is in the first place to involve as few people as possible, adding a faction would be the best solution, tho it does have to be Papal States. However you would end up with some players also wanting that added faction while they never had a chance to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    I think the original idea had already been on edge of being possible. 15 players with 36hrs limit is not gonna work. There are several players who are known for not being able to play on time, so even if me and Dragon did our best admin work (subbing immediately after being late), you would have 1turn per month, and several ppl would have to be replaced soon...From what I have been told we are not supposed to do that, so you would possibly not even have a turn per month
    While it is definently quite tricky and hard to pull off it should be doable. A reward should stimulate some players already and the HRE RPHS is also working out. And while a full turn may take a while I expect that after 2 or 3 turns we will be seeing alot of battles which still makes it enjoyable.

Time limit must be decreased to 24hrs, and ppl who are not able to play in 24hrs should not play in this one. Thats fact
    I dont blame people for needing more than 24 hours to play 2 factions, scout for both, fight battles, make decisions, diplomacy, all while both Spies and Catapults are allowed. I think 36 is the best possibility for this unless we implement some system that promotes playing turns faster, it would be something like this:

-For every hour you play your turn faster than your turn limit, you will receive extra extension time, the initial extension time will be lowered to 12 hours and if people play their turns on time they will have more time for their next extension. So if for example someone plays his turn after 12 he will receive an additional 12 hours for his next extension.

Or maybe add a reward for the fastest player

Will edit post in an hour or so to continue the story.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, HRE RP HS works because it is very strictly following 24hrs time limit (praise zkarel). Thats seemingly not gonna be this case

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wait spies and catapults AREN'T allowed? When was this decided?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Well, HRE RP HS works because it is very strictly following 24hrs time limit (praise zkarel). Thats seemingly not gonna be this case
    Then again, that HS isnt full of veteran players and has quite some newbloods For now I just want factions distributed right, time limit will come after that. With a bit of creativity I am sure ill figure out some good to ensure ppl play faster

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Wait spies and catapults AREN'T allowed? When was this decided?
    They are allowed.

Alright, now back to the main problem. Yzj991 really wants to play a single faction. We got Dr Mac joining, ideally and Mithridate really doesnt want Poland. Now for this there are multiple solutions, I want to affect as few people as possible unless a big majority agrees to reroll. Here are the solutions I have thought up thus far:

• Yzj receives a new faction, this is most likely going to be Papal States as Timurids and Mongols are broken. Mith can switch to England/Cumans and Mac takes over as Poland/Portugal

• We reroll the factions the way Ramble12 suggested in his post above, this will require a big majority (something like 75-80%

• We split up 2 more factions, These will probably be Egypt and Denmark as they are both strong themselves. Yzj991 will switch to either Egypt or Denmark and Mith takes the other one while Mac takes over as Poland/Portugal while I switch to England/Cumans

I just came up with the third option and as it affects the least amount of people and gives the somewhat slower players less work to do I think that should be ideal, actually it might just be the perfect solution, damn im smart.

The third option looks great. It affects the least amount of people. Thank you saleska for willing to trade your faction.
    Last edited by yzj991; December 08, 2016 at 12:18 PM.
    Hotseats Record 3-0

Can I have Egypt then?

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Just let Papal States be playable - no one else has their faction switched