Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] SS All Factions

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [HS] SS All Factions [Invited players only] [FULL]

Well then it. I played again from the skipped turn. Actually i'm on the admin's side on this situation. Who is late without asking extension must get skipped. As i'm playing this using the skipped turn, i will quit the hotseat if someone plays his turn after his 24+24 hours and we allow it. Now thats harsh.

Moors up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

You would quit the hot seat for people showing compassion towards others and realizing we all lead busy lives and not putting our priorities ahead of others?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Ahh well, fair enough. Should've been on time, bloody harsh though. Two factions will be wiped out because of it, that's cool

I had absolutely no chance to even ask for an extension, I was busy on the 1st March, 2nd March I was out all day celebrating results and 3rd March I was at work from 7am-7pm. Just extremely unlucky I wasn't around. I'm not complaining that I was not subbed, but a skipping will lead to the loss of a half stack of ships, my entire army (1 and a half stacks), my king, a city and essentially the whole of Portugal. Subsequently, Castile will now be surrounded and won't survive. That's certainly not fair on him as it is not his fault that I am late, yet he will suffer for it.

That isn't even harsh, it's just bloody ridiculous.

Here is a new save if you decide to use it. I'm off to bed

You all know I am not one to kick up a fuss often, nor write anything more than a sentence per turn (as eloquence is not a strength of mine), but I have to strongly object to a skipping. If I am skipped, then fair enough I shall continue as Poland but I can't say I'm hardly incentivised to continue with much enthusiasm as all of my work may be undone due to a series of unfortunate events such as this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Mac; March 03, 2017 at 07:07 PM.

If I had not used up all goodwill on being late then I wager you'd have been OK Mac, unfortunate - you and I need to make sure to take time out to at least pop our heads in to notify people. I've said before when others and myself when late and skipped, that which save is used is mostly up to the admin and following players mercy. It is better, for everyone not to use a skip as you thoroughly point out but they are under no obligation not to.

I'd stress that I'd rather see the proper save used and cool heads at any rate.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I have some stuff to do i will investigate this in couple of hours

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mac View Post
    Ahh well, fair enough. Should've been on time, bloody harsh though. Two factions will be wiped out because of it, that's cool

I had absolutely no chance to even ask for an extension, I was busy on the 1st March, 2nd March I was out all day celebrating results and 3rd March I was at work from 7am-7pm. Just extremely unlucky I wasn't around. I'm not complaining that I was not subbed, but a skipping will lead to the loss of a half stack of ships, my entire army (1 and a half stacks), my king, a city and essentially the whole of Portugal. Subsequently, Castile will now be surrounded and won't survive. That's certainly not fair on him as it is not his fault that I am late, yet he will suffer for it.

That isn't even harsh, it's just bloody ridiculous.

Here is a new save if you decide to use it. I'm off to bed

You all know I am not one to kick up a fuss often, nor write anything more than a sentence per turn (as eloquence is not a strength of mine), but I have to strongly object to a skipping. If I am skipped, then fair enough I shall continue as Poland but I can't say I'm hardly incentivised to continue with much enthusiasm as all of my work may be undone due to a series of unfortunate events such as this.
    The hs is stopped i need to check something

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Ok lets do it like you said.I skip, an hour later the player thats late uploads his turn with some important battles that otherwise would not be possible if i skipped him.Then the player who lost those battles comes and says Its unfair and blames the admin for allowing that.From what i can see i am forced to choose the save.This is exactly what in trying to avoid but when i try im called ''harsh admin" Im really tired of this going to sleep to clear my head from this
    Battles are completely unrelated to time, if you are letting someone getting away with a mechanical error they made in their game that seems... questionable... Sounds almost as if the admin can basicly control who is gonna win... Sorry but this isnt westeros.

I am not sure what everyone is thinking but it seems people are missing the point:

A player was late and Hannibal, as the admin, enforced the rules and skipped him. Job well done. From that point onward the 24 hours for the next player start. If within those 24 hours the previous player posts his turn and the player can finish his turn within his time limit with the new save there is no problem. No admin should be allowed to say: "Haha, no screw you, I just used 2 whole minutes of my time to skip that turn, you dont get to play!". Any admin who does, has no business in my HotSeats. Of course if a proper sub was done you could make a strong case as you actually put time and effort into it but skipping takes no time at all.

Of course the player is not forced to use the new save, if he already started with the skipped turn he can just continue with that. But in this case Zender hadn't even started his turn yet, then Mac posted the new save. This means that no matter what, the time Zender took for his turn would be unchanged no matter what save he uses, might aswell use the save so people can actually enjoy the game I'd say.

The admin is here to enforce the rules, not allowing someone to play is just stupid imo and the #1 way of making a HS stop and make people lose motivation.
    Last edited by saleska2; March 04, 2017 at 02:34 AM.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am with saleska on this. He was late, got skipped but provided a save within time so that zender could actually use that one.
    saying Mac did this on purpose and only found time to play because he was skipped is an assumption that shouldnt be made because its without any evidence.
    if its not disrupting the hotseat in its progress players should decide which save to use. Hannibal I hope you reconsider as you did a good job as admin.

I actually used Mac's save at first. But then admin said he is not wishing to allow it and as reason he said he is just trying to keep the hs going and prevent future being late situations. He has a point. Don't blame the guy. Besides asking extension is a serious issue. One who doesn't ask extension doesn't even have 48 hours but 24. And asking extension isn't that hard. Sure your pc may be away from you etc. But who doesn't have a phone these days ? It won't take more than 3 minutes. Being busy can be a reason for not playing the turn on time but it cannot be a reason for not asking extension. More than anything we shouldn't have set the time limit to 24 hours. Also the hotseat started on December 11th approximatley its been 80 days, we have 13 players and we only managed to play 50 turns. Which means we are behind the schedule with 30 days! Almost half of it.I'm not saying lets skip everyone but we must find a solition for this.

Quote Originally Posted by zender9 View Post
    I actually used Mac's save at first. But then admin said he is not wishing to allow it and as reason he said he is just trying to keep the hs going and prevent future being late situations. He has a point. Don't blame the guy. Besides asking extension is a serious issue. One who doesn't ask extension doesn't even have 48 hours but 24. And asking extension isn't that hard. Sure your pc may be away from you etc. But who doesn't have a phone these days ? It won't take more than 3 minutes. Being busy can be a reason for not playing the turn on time but it cannot be a reason for not asking extension. More than anything we shouldn't have set the time limit to 24 hours. Also the hotseat started on December 11th approximatley its been 80 days, we have 13 players and we only managed to play 50 turns. Which means we are behind the schedule with 30 days! Almost half of it.I'm not saying lets skip everyone but we must find a solition for this.
    The point im talking about is that no admin in my HotSeats will be allowed to disallow people from playing if it has no influence on the time it takes for the next player to play his turn. I do agree people are to speed up their turns but in all honesty its been going better than I expected thus far xD We basicly not only have the best players possible, we also have the players who are generally the busiest in real life.

Either way, Hannibal can skip players the moment the timer hits 24 hours. But if the player does manage to play his turn before the next player posted his turn, then the next player will be allowed to use the new save.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I agree with saleska. Time does not allow one to forgive a player for a mechanical/strategic mistake.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

You can carry on with Mac's save if Zender agrees to replay again and Joerock agrees with it

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

I defer to Zender on this. He's the one who would have to replay yet again. I'm not going to publicly express an opinion over whether I personally feel he should replay or not. If he does, I will use that turn. If he doesn't, then I will use the one he already posted.

I assume my 24 hours start when Zender provides an answer?
    Last edited by joerock22; March 04, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

As its not a diffucult turn, i played again but if there were 2-3 hard battles, lots of moves etc. i wouldn't play.

Moors up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing

Thank you zender9 and it seems I was unclear or rather, left out: Hannibal2001 you've done good work and I salute you for it.

Apologies to both of you as one of the time-criminals
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry for missing my turn. It looks like it was literally skipped...next time please allow Stouff to sub. I believe I could easily have taken Cairo or Alexandria...

No need to cripple a faction's position over a first missed turn, hopefully I do not end up with my Kings army killed to a man sitting in the same place...

You do not need to worry, you could take Alexandria but then I would retake the fortress. You had everything behind walls with me being very limited in what I could do and there were no clear things you could do to advance on me I think. I played to force you to do virtually nothing, with you being skipped leading to basically nothing xD

So not much happened, thankfully.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmm, you are right. I probably would not have wasted my trebchuet. But I do not see how you would have retaken the fortess. Neither of your two catapults were in range of it or the castle I believe (skimmed only).

I still stand by the subbing by Stouff if anything happens again (hopefully not)

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

The infidels may capture Marrakesh, but we will soon take it back. Portugal took advantage of the narrow opening it was given as a result of the Moors' poor starting position, but that window is now in the process of being closed.

Castille:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing