Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .texture to dds converter released!(updated with another converter)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: .texture to dds converter released!(updated with another converter)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Any chance of mirroring Alpaca's tool, or reuploading? It goes nowhere. Cheers!
    Try this link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1347

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Done.

So, i`ve got a little problem. The converter always worked fine..

Until now. I had to reinstall windows and reinstalled everything that seemed important for the unpacker (Python, service packs, NT Frameworks..) Yet the converter simply doesn`t work anymore. If i run one of the converters it says "done" but nothing is converted, no error messages or something. It just doesn`t work.

Any ideas? I tried to redownload it, ofc.

Will the Python 2.7 Windows Installer work. I can't seem to find the 2.5 version.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

I tried it but it won't work for me...
    the 2 converters
    dunno if this matters but
    I was using python 2.5 before...
    now that I upgraded to 2.7 it won't work correctly...
    Help pls!
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You'll have reinstall 2.5 to get it to work.

drecie14's Avatar Decanus
    Exact Location: South East Asia, The Philippines, Manila

Thanks
    My Submods
    Invasio Romanum - TATW
    Realistic Portraits and Eventpics - RS 2
    Legion Ancillaries - RS 2

Titus Antonius Brutus - 30 - Plebeian - Senator

jerusalem_13's Avatar Libertus

texture to dds not working

I have this issue where it just stays at 0% nothing gets converted why is that ?

Hi all, since there is no answer to the posts above, I've got little hope, but still:

I'm messing around with the vanilla battle map building textures.
    With the texture2dds/dds2texture converter (2nd link) I convert walls_castle_large_stone.texture to .dds, no problem. I then convert it with the DDS converter 2 tool to a .TGA to edit it in the gimp. once I finished editing (is the problem due to some unruly editing, are there some stuff to be carefull with, format etc...?), I save as a .TGA and different name. TGA to DDS gives me a DDS with no error message, but the dds2texture sends me a "cannot open file new_texture.dds". Tried everything, (reinstalling each tool, checking python 2.5.4 is installed etc...

also, when i only take the file example.texture, make it go through all the tools (texture -> DDS -> TGA -> DDS -> texture) without editing it, it works perfectly fine.

idea someone? thank you!

I am unable to reconvert modified .dds files to .texture. I have installed Python 2.5.2 and neither Alpaca's converter nor the IWTE converter are able to read my files...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123