Thread: EBII 2.2D on Mac issue

Default EBII 2.2D on Mac issue

Hello! I've been playing EB since EB 1, I LOVE it, keep up the good work!
    I had ebii2.2c installed in my mac and it worked like a charm, I updated it with 2.2d (followed all the instructions) and it crashes when I click "grand campaign" in the menu... can it be any of the new files of 2.2d? any help?

Default Re: EBII 2.2D on Mac issue

Crashes to the desktop, or returns to the main menu?

Most importantly of all, what does it say in your error log?

CTD, can you remind me where I can see my error log? I made everything that the 2.2b installation guide says

It's in mods\ebii\logs

It seems that my logs aren't saving correctly...I checked the ebii.cfg file and it is correct, but there wasn't a logs file in mods/ebii/logs I created one and they still aren't saving.... any suggestions?

I made a clean installation of 2.2b and then 2.2d and it is still crashing.... I still cant resolve the logs issue

Without a log, I have no idea what's going wrong, and I don't really know anything about the specifics of the Mac installation.

Do you have any idea of where my logs might be being saved?
    Would the data included in the crash report help?

I'm afraid it's an enduring mystery as to why some people can't get error logs to work.

I can only make use of the logs. I can discern what's going on in a matter of minutes with a functioning one.

What kind of archies should my error logs be? .txt? .log?

archive* srry

Quintus, do you, by any chance have the 2.2c download link? I know it is redundant since it is included in 2.2d but 2.2c worked well and I would love to play 2.2c again

I was able to get ebii 2.2d2 working on the Mac after some trial and error. Follow the instructions for installing 2.2b. Install the 2.2d2 patch again following all the instructions. Then delete the file:

mods\ebii\data\text\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt.strings.bin

I know this file shows as zero bytes but for some reason it seems to cause the crash. Let me know if this works for you.

Also I don't believe the error log functionality was implemented on the Mac, but if anybody has figured out how to create it please post instructions.

Caymus

Worked like a charm, thank you so much Caymus! If you need anything (I can be a great tester) tell me, it is nice to see that there are other EBII player out there

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianus V View Post
    Worked like a charm, thank you so much Caymus! If you need anything (I can be a great tester) tell me, it is nice to see that there are other EBII player out there
    Pssst! 2.2e just dropped.

EBII Mac players*

Quintus - I was able to load 2.2e with out issue. Haven't gone beyond turn one, but this is farther than I had gotten with 2.2d2 so I think whatever was wrong has resolved itself with the 2.2e patch.

Caymus

Able to get 2.2e working thanks to Caymus. Campaign working apparently well