Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's Officially Play Fourth Age TW: The Domion of Men | Rohan

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Let's Officially Play Fourth Age TW: The Domion of Men | Rohan

@antharic: Sorry, I was not suggesting removing the pause option, I was commenting on how I play and the reasons why. Concerning TW being open to all ages, I agree this is true, I'm almost 65 years old myself, have been playing about 3 years, I'm not the most skilled and I'm hardly a speed machine. I'm actually partially disabled and can only use one hand most of the time, but I can't say I really have any problems playing in the style I do. At the end of the day I find it's just as risky whichever way you play as far as a malfunction of the AI is concerned, it is not something that happens on a regular basis but either way you can end up going back to your savegame to replay the scenario again or you can always auto-resolve if it persists. I prefer to take the chance and play it my way, as the idea of losing a winning position from a well fought battle because of a timer would be very frustrating.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; December 15, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

webba84's Avatar Artifex

OP updated with episode 6 and OiE tutorial.

The night battle discrepancy - is that due to the way Command works differently in the mod, you think?

I thought that 1-vs-2 battle against Adunabar might end in disaster!
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, I guess Aradan took out the vanilla triggers that give night-fighter to any commander who experiences one, and it's now just gained through the commander skill levels traits.

That 1 v 2 battle was pretty embarrassing, pulled it back in the end but the whole thing was very sloppy.

I didn't think it was anything to be embarrassed about. I hate those moments when you realize a charge isn't going to break the enemy, and you've got to decide whether to slug it out or pull back.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Well, it wasn't so much the plan and the initial charge, as the almost getting my general killed, again, allowing the enemy archers many more volleys than I should have, failing to take out the enemy Generals early on, etc etc
    Last edited by webba84; December 18, 2016 at 09:03 PM.

I find that having large contingents of Rohan Spears accompanying the "good" cavalry units like 1-2 Riders of the Mark works perfectly as the spears provide the initial charge and shock (and take some the brunt of the casualties), while the follow up with the heavy cavalry keeps the enemy occupied until the Spears charge again, maybe followed by a charge of Bodyguard.

It seems to me that my generals aren't often either wounded in battle, sometimes even when not engaged, and that they are often listed as "under the weather." Is this a result of lack of healing buildings in settlements?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yes, getting 1-2 units of proper fodder in there (and Rohan is very fortunate to have a fodder unit with such a good charge) is probably something I should do with that main army.

Getting wounded in battle was something we reduced the chances of quite a lot in 3.2 of the mod, are you using the latest version? Under the weather is something that healing buildings can definitely help address, though it isn't caused by a lack of them so much as just age, travel, and random chance. Often a couple of turns rest in a settlement should remove it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123