Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate ()! - Updated 2021/07/31!

Hello again, so I'm gonna post the updates done to the mod between January 22nd 2023 and February 25th 2023 - basically the mod has been finished with the exception of maybe a music-update later, and bug-fixing - this is the final huge update by me for this mod/submod.

Beware that the pictures shown may or may not be slightly outdated as I did replace a few captains/soldiers and improve on certain factions without taking new screenshots for MODDB - I felt that 1 model or so wasn't worthy of replacing the faction-conversions, and the faction conversions may have one model or so that is outdated.

- New Forces of the Twilight under Queen Midna Strat-Map Model Overhaul!

1. Soldier - The "Repentants" are replacing the old "Twili Infantry" by Undying Nephalim - I wanted both the Twilight-factions to have unique soldiers. This is new since yesterday on friday the 20th 2023..

2. General (0) = The Twilight General was a new addition in March 2021.

3. Custom model (1) = The Twilight Portal - will take up this slot for all the factions in the next release.

4. Custom Model (2) = Underground Entrance - Will take up this slot for all the factions in the next release.

5. Custom Model (3) = Queen Midna - the faction leader of the light/good Twilight faction fighting in a civil war against the dark/evil Twilight faction.

6. Custom Model (4) = Una the Brave (The Great Fairy Una) - is the only custom hero for the Midna-faction besides the Queen herself. She is a great Fairy like Veran of Labrynna who had been banished together with the former into the Twilight Realm.

7. Custom Model (5) = Imp Midna - Imp Midna will be using the "Princess Midna"-model on the strat-map as the Imp-Midna model where too much trouble to add. She will show up if you as the player is losing the Twili Civil War against prince Zant and click "yes" on accepting Zant's surrender terms. This will spawn Imp Midna and a few repentants in Hyrule next to "Arbiter Grounds". She's Imp Midna in battle though. If you play as Zant and spare Midna's life Imp Midna will invade your capital in 50 turns.

New Agents:

1. Spy - In the old release I did use the Twili Priestess as both the merchant and the priest, while I did use the Twili Diplomat as both the spy and the diplomat. In the new version I've replaced the clone of the diplomat with a Sorceress as the spy.

2. Merchant = The Merchant is still the old Twilight Priestess, as it fit the best as the merchant for this faction.

3. Priest - I've added the "Avatar of Majora"-priest in use by the Church of Majora to Midna as well.

4. Assassin - A new Sol Nurse has been added as their hired killer.

5. Diplomat = Old Diplomat.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- My Unused "Undead Onox" strat-map model from March 2021

The faction known as the Stalfos or the "Undead" in Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate is a heavily scripted faction using an extensive "Necromancer Script" by Undying Nephalim/Ice Cream Man - for some reason the heroes on the map won't load correctly and it's probably a result of all the extensive scripts.

Usually a faction has 1 soldier, 1 generic general, 10 possible custom generals with custom models and five agents (spy, priest, diplomat, assassin and merchant) on the map but with the Stalfos only the five agents, the soldier, the generic general and two out of the 10 custom characters do load.

Also, the Subrosian Underground Entrance and the Twilight Portal do count as custom characters as well - that's why i needed to remove Malon and Impa as strat-map models for the Kingdom of Hyrule in favor of these - otherwise the Entrance to Subrosia and the Twili Portal would lack their texture while playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule!

Anyway, the issue with the Stalfos is that only two out of ten models load not counting those two gates.

So for some reason Deadhand gets his model at slot 4, and I've now added the Necromancer strat-map model made by Neph back in the day on slot 5 - but for some reason whenever I attempt to add anything past this point it won't get added, and instead is replacing the Necromancer! So for example Undead Onox seen in this picture is used by the Necromancer instead of by Undead Onox.

This is the reason why the Stalfos unlike every other faction can't have all their heroes on the map!

I had also made their leader Lord Akazoo the Harsh back in 2021.

I did never make Stallord the Undead Dragon (a giant) and Dethl (a Druthuludi like Majora and Bongo-Bongo) because of this issue with Akazoo and Undead Onox.

Undead Onox was one of those more tedious giants.

I'm gonna use him as a placeholder for Dark Onox (General Onox) in use by Zant's Twilight faction - it's Undead Onox back when he was alive.

- Impa, the Sage of Shadows, Azrily and Sheik added to the Kingdom of Hyrule!

Impa, Azrily and Sheik has been properly added to the Kingdom of Hyrule-faction if the player is playing as the Kingdom - they will all defect to the Kingdom at turn 4.

Unlike in the current release Impa won't be available to the Sheikah as well if you play in a hotseat campaign, and the Impa in use by the Sheikah Cadre-faction will be moved off-map whenever the Impa of Hyrule spawns.

Azrily didn't defect in the older release, but now will also defect together with Impa - her model in use by the Sheikah Cadre is also moved off-map if the Azrily in use by the Kingdom spawns. In a hotseat this means no more doubles of Impa or Azrily.

Both Impa and Azrily will defect to Hyrule if the player plays as both.

If the player plays as the Sheikah Cadre they'll remain loyal to the Sheikah.

If the player plays none of these two factions they'd end up with the Sheikah.

What about Sheik? She does also defect to the Kingdom of Hyrule if the player plays as both factions, and if the player only plays as Hyrule she'll join Hyrule - if the player plays as the Sheikah she'll remain with the Sheikah Cadre. If the player plays none of these two factions she'll stay with the Sheikah.

Codeman told me she is Princess Zelda 4 in disguise. So I'm going to adjust the script to make sure she spawns after Zelda IV/4.

She will be a late-game hero.

- Link, the Hero of Time - added as a hero on the map for the Sheikah Cadre!

Link, the Hero of Time and the main protagonist of the official-games has now been added to the faction of the Sheikah Cadre if the player is playing as the Sheikah.

He will have a unique model both on the map and in battle.

I would like him to use his red tunic in a future release but in the worst case he'll stick with the green tunic, as I can't paint - so I would need help from someone skilled in painting to turn his tunic red for the Sheikah.

In essence Link will spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule if the player plays as Hyrule, but will spawn for the Sheikah Cadre instead if the player plays as the Sheikah - the model in use by the Sheikah will be moved off-map on turn 3-4 in a hotseat campaign if the player is playing as both factions.

Link is mainly a hero of the Kingdom of Hyrule, but will be a hero of the Sheikah whenever the player plays as them - for the AI he will belong to Hyrule if the player is playing neither of these two factions.

Link has a bodyguard of "Hyrulean Knights" if fighting for the Kingdom, and has a new bodyguard of Skull Knights if fighting for the Sheikah.

My idea is that Link will be fighting for many different factions based on if the player plays them or not - the Order of the Wizzrobe, Horon, Ordona Province, the Zora, the Gerudo, the Lanayru Province - and if someone would help make new skins for the tunic he'd have different colors based on what faction he has spawned for.

- In any hotseat campaign he'd only spawn for Hyrule.

- I could even see him in the Undead Stalfos and in the Church of Majora.

He cannot be in factions like the Gorons/Kokiri because their generals use completely different animations so he would be glitched. He can only be in human factions, or factions with human-sized generals.

Edit: Thanks to Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord we'll be getting new skins/textures for Link.

I've just added his Sheikah-Link Skin made just now for the strat-map!

2nd Edit: New Sheikah War-Paint by Codeman!

- Princess Zelda 1 with this look is now unique for the Sheikah!

In the earlier releases of the mod the Kingdom of Hyrule had access to three versions of Princess Zelda 1 - the main difference between them being the gear and traits, because with less gear the traits also got reduced!

This Zelda 1 first seen in the Hyrule Historia Missions/Videos has a unique look with less gear compared to the other two Zelda 1. It's her when she had a Sheikah Assassins bodyguard and were trying to sneak out of Hyrule Prime to escape the Moblins and King Ganon.

This model has now become unique for the Sheikah Cadre and won't be in use by the Kingdom of Hyrule no more. The other two Princess Zelda 1 will be taken off-map whenever the player is playing as the Sheikah.

If the player is playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule then the main Princess Zelda 1 will be their leader. And this model and the 2nd Princess Zelda 1 won't spawn and will be taken off-map if they do.

In a hotseat campaign where you play as both the Sheikah and Hyrule she will lead Hyrule.

As the AI she will also be the leader of Hyrule using the main model.

This model is as such from now on unique to the Sheikah but will only be in the game if you play the Sheikah as the player.

- The Kingdom of Hyrule is lead by Rauru, Sage of Light in Zelda's absence!

So if you play a campaign as the Sheikah Cadre in the coming release of Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate, then you'd get the heroes of Impa, Sage of Shadows, Azrily, Bongo (will turn into Bongo-Bongo when killed), Lord Agahnim the Saint (the leader of the Sheikah), Sheik, Sheikah-Link and Princess Zelda from the Hyrule Historia Mission using a Sheikah Assassins bodyguard.

- All of them except Sheik will have a strat-map model on the map, and Sheik will if I can find the tool which I had used to lower the quality of models on the map back in 2021 (I used it for Majora, the Majora-General, the Majora-soldier and for the Fairy General - even though I had had to rig the Fairy General from scratch unlike the others that I had to mostly just convert (a rather fast process as Undying Nephalim kept most characters to one single texture which means no texture-work turning two textures into one texture like in Warcraft: Total War - but there where a few exceptions to this, and those Majora-models and the Fairy general where too high-poly an needed to be reduced in quality with a tool - the same is true for any 4.6 model like Sheik or she'd crash the game) which is a fairly simple process.

Alright, so if you as the player plays as the Sheikah Cadre this also results in the Kingdom of Hyrule losing the same characters as generals/heores.

Hyrule will then lose the 3 Zelda 1 (they won't have more than one Zelda 1 in the next release), they'll lose Link, and they'd lose Impa, Azrily and Sheik. That means they have lost 7 heroes and will only start out with Rauru the Builder, Hylian Titan Fi and three generic generals Arthon, Malcali and Soral.

- Essentially Rauru will be leading Hyrule in Zelda's absence.

Hylian Titan Fi was locked up inside Link's Master Sword by Hylia, the false Goddess - but in a Sheikah Campaign that hasn't happened yet so Hyrule still has their giant.

Rauru leading Hyrule will be true to the videos when Zelda was away.

- Twili Spider Swarm has been restored!

The Twili Spider Swarm is a unit of spiders deployed by Midna's Twilight Forces in their Civil War against Prince Zant.

I didn't know that the unit was a light cavalry unit, or to be more precise a "mounted engine" - this means that I had mistaken it in the code for one of the giant Gohma spiders and reduced the numbers down to two (2) spiders - they're now back at being 137 spiders in a unit at full unit size.

The unit is the only cavalry deployed by the Forces of the Twilight besides a few giants, and as such is actually one of the best if not the best melee cavalry units - while it states light cavalry the fact that the unit is a mounted engine makes it OP - this unit can kill normal infantry without much effort, as it has knock-back and can push units aside.

I would say that this unit is over powered and that it is one of the best units in the Twilight roster - it will give Midna the upper hand.

Prince Zant can deploy this unit but only after Midna has surrendered.

Edit: I've nerfed the unit as I had mistakenly made it too strong in an earlier update thinking it was one of the giants.. It's still a strong unit though.

- Princess Zelda 1 (with a Coat) and the Hero of Time, Link - Ordonian heroes!

I've made Princess Zelda 1 (with a coat) unique to the Ordona Province, a faction of farmers that has good ranged units and the best cavalry in the mod - but really poor infantry.

Princess Zelda is bringing with her the Hyrulean Macemen bodyguard which will boost their infantry with heavy infantry which could be needed against the Moblins and King Ganon or against the Church of Majora and their Cultist Hylian soldiers.

The Ordona Province is an independent province of the Kingdom of Hyrule in this mod.

The Hero of Time, Link will use his normal Twilight Princess look here, just like with the Kingdom of Hyrule - but in Ordona he has a bodyguard of Mounted Hyrulean Knights which is unique to Ordona.

The strat-map model of Princess Zelda 1 will be changed later.

If you play as the Ordona Province the other Link's and Zelda 1 characters won't spawn.

If you play as anyone else where they aren't heroes in the faction, then both of them will be heroes for the Kingdom of Hyrule.

Edit: New strat-map models added for Princess Zelda 1 (Ordona Province) seen in this picture, and for Princess Zelda 1 (Sheikah Cadre) seen in an older picture.

- Hero of Time, Link and Princess Zelda 1 (using a coat) in battle for Ordona!

- Wizzrobe Hylian Knights a NEW unit for the Order of the Wizzrobe!

Princess Zelda III from Neph's 2014 Patreon event had two versions, Majora Cultist Zelda with a bodyguard of Ironclad Elites and pink/blonde Princess Zelda III with a bodyguard of Hyrulean Knights using an alternate skin based on the game Hyrule Warriors.

In earlier versions of this submod Majora Cultist Zelda had been added as one out of only two custom heroes of the Church of Majora - a new faction of this submod.

The alternate Hyrulean Knights however where only ever seen as the bodyguard of Princess Zelda III (Hyrule Warriors Bonus) as a bonus character in use by the Kingdom of Hyrule.

I didn't really want two versions of the knights in use by the Kingdom and this one felt out of place.

- Well, this was until I saw that it had the same shield-texture as the Acolytes of Hyrule: Total War V.4.6 in use by the Order of the Wizzrobe.

I then realized and got the idea that they should be a Wizzrobe-unique new heavy infantry unit.

Princess Zelda III the Just will exist simultaneously as a Terminian Majora Cultist hero and as a Hylian or Wizzrobe hero - however, while Majora Cultist Zelda is available immediately it will take until turn 91 until she spawns for Hyrule or the Wizzrobe - if you play as the Order of the Wizzrobe she'll spawn on turn 92 and you won't see the Hylian one in the game after that as it will be taken off-map when the Wizzrobe hero spawns.

If you play as the Kingdom of Hyrule you'd get the normal Zelda III and the Wizzrobe-unique one won't spawn.

If you play as any other faction than Hyrule or the Wizzrobe then she will spawn for Hyrule as the AI.

The Wizzrobe Hylian Knights however - will be recruitable by the Order of the Wizzrobe from Hylian, Wizzrobe, Lanayru, Sheikah and Ordonian lands even if the hero won't spawn as the AI. The AI will as such have access to the new heavy infantry regardless.

- Princess Zelda III is now a hero for the Order of the Wizzrobe too!

Princess Zelda III from Neph's 2014 Patreon event had two versions, Majora Cultist Zelda with a bodyguard of Ironclad Elites and pink/blonde Princess Zelda III with a bodyguard of Hyrulean Knights using an alternate skin based on the game Hyrule Warriors.

In earlier versions of this submod Majora Cultist Zelda had been added as one out of only two custom heroes of the Church of Majora - a new faction of this submod.

The alternate Hyrulean Knights however where only ever seen as the bodyguard of Princess Zelda III (Hyrule Warriors Bonus) as a bonus character in use by the Kingdom of Hyrule.

I didn't really want two versions of the knights in use by the Kingdom and this one felt out of place.

- Well, this was until I saw that it had the same shield-texture as the Acolytes of Hyrule: Total War V.4.6 in use by the Order of the Wizzrobe.

I then realized and got the idea that they should be a Wizzrobe-unique new heavy infantry unit.

Princess Zelda III the Just will exist simultaneously as a Terminian Majora Cultist hero and as a Hylian or Wizzrobe hero - however, while Majora Cultist Zelda is available immediately it will take until turn 91 until she spawns for Hyrule or the Wizzrobe - if you play as the Order of the Wizzrobe she'll spawn on turn 92 and you won't see the Hylian one in the game after that as it will be taken off-map when the Wizzrobe hero spawns.

If you play as the Kingdom of Hyrule you'd get the normal Zelda III and the Wizzrobe-unique one won't spawn.

If you play as any other faction than Hyrule or the Wizzrobe then she will spawn for Hyrule as the AI.

The Wizzrobe Hylian Knights however - will be recruitable by the Order of the Wizzrobe from Hylian, Wizzrobe, Lanayru, Sheikah and Ordonian lands even if the hero won't spawn as the AI. The AI will as such have access to the new heavy infantry regardless.

Princess Zelda III the Just has a unique look in battle which fits the Wizzrobe, sadly the model was too detailed for the strat-map.

- Princess Zelda III the Just with a unique custom look for the Wizzrobe!

- Hylia's First Knight, Link is now also a Hero of the Order of the Wizzrobe!

The Order of the Wizzrobe and Hylia, the False Goddess now has a Princess Zelda, and of course also has Link - but here he is not the "Hero of Time" but "Hylia's First Knight, Link" - he has a bodyguard of Armoured Acolytes or simply HTW V.4.6 Acolytes - it's the female soldiers of the Order with some armour and using magic projectiles and swords.

He spawns with a bodyguard and two units of Wizzrobe Hylian Knights at turn 3 when you play the Order of the Wizzrobe as the player.

When you play the Kingdom of Hyrule he'll spawn for Hyrule instead.

If you play any other faction than Hyrule, the Order of the Wizzrobe or any other faction that has Link as a hero - then he'll spawn for Hyrule by default.

- A New Fairy Phantom of Tarm Assassin for the Fairies of Tarm!

I had done every agent except the assassin for the Fairies of Tarm in 2021 so I decided to add it now.

The Order of the Wizzrobe was supposed to get the Golden Wizzrobe general as their general on the map that they have in battle - but sadly it bugs out.. So the old Hylia-model will stay for now.

- Triforce of Courage Wielder, Link - a new hero for the Gerudo!

Yeah, I do know that Link would never help Ganondorf but Twinrova did issue missions to Link in Majora's Mask, and Nabooru certainly was friendly - I felt like I wanted Link in the Gerudo when playing as the faction.

Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord made the new skin for him - which I think look great!

The Tomb Guards is the only Gerudo unit from HTW 4.6 and while the models are quite a bit higher in quality when compared to the other units in the faction I decided on porting the unit over adding the shield and sword to the old Marauders.

- The unit was simply too good looking to be replaced with an edited Marauder.

There are many 4.6 models in the mod in use by the mercenaries or the minor factions in particular - plus very few factional units like this one here.

The Gerudo lacked a shield-unit and of course it did fit the best as Link's bodyguard.

Wielder of the Triforce of Courage, Link will only be available to the Gerudo if the player plays as the faction.

If the player plays any faction without Link as a hero in the faction he'd be in the Kingdom of Hyrule.

- Triforce of Courage Wielder, Link - a new hero for the Gerudo on the strat-map!!

- Keaton Robber Baron Halthor - a new Wizzrobe Hero!

The Keaton Robber Baron Halthor of the Keaton Kartel Rebels will join the Order of the Wizzrobe as a custom general if Vigjaro Glade is conquered where she resides - unlike the rebel-unit the one in use by the Order isn't glitched.

The rebels use a 4-legged creature for their generals so obviously this messes up Halthor. In the service of the Order of the Wizzrobes she has normal human animations and is looking fine.

Wazkora - Leader of the Crown Ridge Gorons a new Labrynna Hero!

If you conquer Crown Ridge where the Gorons of Rolling Ridge resides then one turn later their general Wazkora will join your faction, this is in the next release of the mod - in the current release you'd get to recruit the units but the hero won't join Labrynna.

Wazkora is a model from HTW 4.6 and won't be a general on the campaign map with a custom model due to the model having too high vertice-count. It would require re-rigging of the model.

He will be a normal Labrynnian general on the map, and have his own model in battle! I might add a Goron model for him as a placeholder on the map though.

The Gorons of Crown Ridge had their stats un-altered from HTW 4.6 in the current release.. I'm going to adjust their stats to be closer to the old Gorons, while comparing their size and weapons with those Gorons. They're gonna be stronger in the next release as they sucked in the current release against the normal Gorons despite being bigger.

- General Rutela of the Zora, or Young Rutela a new Hero for the Zora!

Young Rutela, or General Rutela was a Hyrule Historia unique custom hero of Hyrule: Total War - she joined forces with Princess Zelda 1 of the Kingdom of Hyrule and with the Demon Demise in his humanoid form against the Sheikah Interlopers lead by Bongo, the Fairy criminals lead by the Great Fairy Veran and some Gerudo ordered into action by the witch Twinrova!

So, the story of General Rutela or Young Rutela is exactly the right time period of the mods campaign, as Zelda 1 is the one leading Hyrule during the beginning of the campaign - Queen Rutela, the leader of the Lanayru Province - a Province of the Zora - will be taken off-map in any campaign where the player plays as the Zora.

If the player is playing the Lanayru Province or any other faction then General/Young Rutela won't spawn in the campaign.

- She is unique for the player if you play the Zora. Lanayru Province will not have her as Queen in any Zora campaign.

- A New Order of the Wizzrobe General!

The Order of the Wizzrobe now has a new general which is consistent with the model in the battles!

- Zora-Link and Young Rutela/General Rutela new heroes on the map for the Zora!

Zora-Link and Young Rutela/General Rutela are new heroes for the Zora if the player plays as the faction.

- If you play another faction that doesn't have Link as a hero he will spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule - he'll only spawn for the Zora if the player is playing as the Zora!

- General Rutela/Young Rutela will only spawn for the faction if the player is playing as the Zora - otherwise she won't spawn and Queen Rutela will spawn for the Lanayru Province instead.

I might do some exceptions for certain factions like for example the Fairies, the Sheikah or the Gerudo - it makes sense for General Rutela to spawn if you play any of them.

Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord made the new skin for Link - which I think look great!

Twinrova, a fusion between Witches Koume & Kotake - has a new texture!

I had attempted to change the texture of Twinrova already back in 2021, to make her more accurate to the game Ocarina of Time in how she looks - as I thought she was a bit old in the face - it would make sense for a Witch to make up an illusion of beauty - but I had failed at doing a good reskin of her.

The red/blue pony-tails of Twinrova isn't really hair in lore, but magical beams of Fire and Ice - she still has grey hair on her head.

Her face has been made more accurate to the game making her less old and younger in her facial features. The strat-model is previewed here - both the old and the new.

I got help with the texture this time around from a skilled painter.

- Twinrova in Battle with the new texture!

- Cueball Outrunners a New unit for the River Zora!

I've added a new ranged mounted unit to the River Zora, as they already had mounted Manhunters (the infantry variant of these guys) in the form of Cueball Dragoons, and I saw no reason why they shouldn't have mounted javeliners/outrunners as well.

The River Zora is one of the weaker factions despite a big roster of unique troops. They're like the viking-styled faction in the mod with lots of lightly armored spearmen, javelinmen, bigger axemen, armored axemen and such.. Mounted javeliners felt natural.

- A new Armour Upgrade for the Manhunters and possibly others later as well!

So I've added the ability to armor upgrade for the basic River Zora female units, as there where a "Raider"-unit with armor and weapons from the Moblins, the Gerudo, the Lizalfos, the Zora and the Hylians - of course neither of them used both weapons and armor from the same group.

I decided to add the Zora Armour as an armor upgrade, as I had originally wanted to do with the Great Sea: Total War heavily armored River Zora units - but sadly they weren't rigged so they weren't included in the Great Sea demo (I had particularly contacted Undying Nephalim/Icecreamman in 2017 because I had wanted those models - but instead received the New Hyrule stuff.

In any case, I decided to use the Zora armor as it fit as an upgrade for the female River Zora units.

The River Zora cannot build Leather Tanners, Blacksmiths and armorers - but they can conquer areas from other factions like the Kingdom of Hyrule and use their blacksmiths etc. I just tried this out in the game and the River Zora do not recruit from cities, and do not build blacksmiths - but they can use them if other factions have built them.

Upgrading the armor will give you +1 armor so it's not a big improvement, as the armor is of less quality than the Zora due to being old - and it doesn't protect the back as there is no armour there unlike with the Zora units.

It does however give the unit a much more bad-ass look. I also wanted this upgrade for the Cueball Dragoons and the Outrunners - but the issue there is that I always have issues with making two weapons show up at once, and as such they end up unarmed in melee. I do know the process with comments but it never works...

But hopefully we'll see all the units using the same model as the manhunters with armor upgrades.

- A New Armour Upgrade for the Cueball Dragoons of the River Zora!

I've managed to solve the issue with the melee cavalry making them switch weapons in battle to a weapon that didn't exist, in essence rendering the unit weapon-less in melee.

The Cueball Dragoons are the melee cavalry of the River Zora and they can now be armour upgraded just like the infantry/manhunters by taking a settlement where an enemy faction has built a blacksmith or similar, which will enable the River Zora to use said blacksmith in order to upgrade their units which will improve both weapons, armour and experience of the unit - they're "retrained".

This will add +1 in armor value and change the looks of the soldiers from almost naked to armoured.

- Zora-Link in Battle for the Zora!

Zora-Link and Young Rutela/General Rutela are new heroes for the Zora if the player plays as the faction.

- If you play another faction that doesn't have Link as a hero he will spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule - he'll only spawn for the Zora if the player is playing as the Zora!

Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord made the new skin for Link - which I think look great!

- Zora Spire, Elder Goats, Perception Ward, Zola Catapult etc re-implemented!

I've re-implemented the Zora Spire, Perception Ward, Elder Goats, Zola Catapult and the Bigocto Broodmothers to the recruitment of the game - the River Zora units had to be added to their unique script, while the others could easily be added to the recruitment in the EDB-file.

So these units had been in the original mod many versions ago, but for some reason had been left out in later versions released in 2013 or 2014 - this I didn't know because I thought I had re-implemented all the missing units already back in 2019.. I would suspect they were seen as over powered and therefore removed from the game.

The Mage Spire of the Zora is their version of the Goron Bomb Platforms, Labrynna Gunnerposts and the Kokiri Barricades - it's a static engine that cannot move that will fire electric beams at enemies who are approaching.

The Perception Ward is a similar unit to that of the Mage Spire, and is the Fairies of Tarm's variant of such a unit - it will fire multiple shots of pink beams at enemies approaching and is basically a magic machine-gun.

The Elder Goats of Ordona Province are their best melee cavalry in the game but I would still count the War Wagons as the better unit.

The Zola Catapult is just a catapult with a unique look that can shoot boulders at certain walls and enemy troops - it doesn't have fire ammo.

The Bigocto Broodmothers are the River Zora's 2nd siege engine - a giant monster who spits cannonballs at enemies (nuts). It's the better one out of the two units but it can run amok when broken and trample over their own troops - it's a spitting elephant pretty much.

Then I've also added the new unit of the River Zora - the Cueball Outrunners - to their spawning pools.

- Hero of the Lanayru Zora, Link is a new hero for the Lanayru Province!

Lanayru Zora-Link is a new hero for the Lanayru Province if the player plays as the faction.

- If you play another faction that doesn't have Link as a hero he will spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule - he'll only spawn for the Lanayru Province if the player is playing as the faction!

- Link has a bodyguard of Coast Riders in the Lanayru Province!

- Horon-Link a new Hero for Horon!

The Hero of the Common People of Horon, Link - he will bring with him two units of Hylian Mounted Recruits - civilians on horses training to become swordsmen - and he has such a bodyguard as well.

Horon is a pacifist society with a very limited roster - they have only unarmed civilians, Horon Mystics/druids/chanters and one unit of Horon Soldiers using swords and shields - one type of soldier-unit.

They can however hire any mercenary unit on the map.

They totally lack ranged units and cavalry and will need to hire mercenaries for their ranged needs.

There are no mercenary cav so Link brings with him the only cavalry for their faction.

- Imp-Midna finally works as her own strat-map model in the mod!

When you lose the Civil War against Prince Zant as Queen Midna and click "yes" on "Surrender to Zant's Forces" then one turn later all your remaining troops and regions will go to Zant and you will end up at Arbiter Grounds in Hyrule in the Gerudo Desert as Imp Midna with a bodyguard of Repentants and two additional units of the same. This is her strat-map model on the map.

- Great Fairy Veran the Cunning a new Criminal of the Fairies of Tarm!

The Great Fairy Veran, I failed to add her strat-map model despite doing similar conversions in 2021 successfully - she just ended up a glitched blob or mess - I compared her with the "Herald of Seasons"-priest that I had converted in 2021 and I had placed her vertices in the very same places.. Her model had vertices placed on forbidden bones and such so they needed to be moved to the torso like I had done with the priest.

Still - she refused to work - I will probably just use the Labrynnian model on the map for her.

She will spawn for the Fairies of Tarm if the player is playing as the faction, and she'll also spawn for the AI if the player is playing the Sheikah Cadre, the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Gerudo, the Moblins or the Zora.

- General Rutela of the Zora will also spawn in all those campaigns for the AI.

Yeah, I would want her to have her own strat-map model but I've tried a few times and it hasn't worked as of yet. So unless I get lucky soon I'm gonna use Labrynna's Veran on the map.

She'll replace Veran of Labrynna in any campaign where she's in it.

- Great Fairy Veran, General Rutela, Tetralyna Zelda 5 etc all altered!

I ended up using Veran's Labrynna strat-map model on the campaign map as the other model of Veran was troublesome to convert.

- Veran will stil use the Hyrule Historia "Great Fairy Veran"-model in battle.

She'll spawn for the Fairies of Tarm if the player is playing as them, and if you play as any of the following factions - Kingdom of Hyrule (Zelda 1), Gerudo (Twinrova), Zora (with General Rutela), Moblins (Demise) and the Sheikah Cadre (Bongo).

- The same change has been made to General Rutela of the Zora - she'll also spawn for the AI if you play any of the above factions.

- If Veran is ever killed as Fairy Veran she'll spawn as Labrynna Veran one turn later in these campaigns.

- Labrynna Veran & Queen Rutela won't co-exist with their younger selves.

- Tetralyna Zelda Nohansen 5 and her side-kick the girl Aryll have also been altered as they used to spawn together with the normal kid Zelda 5 in an event that takes place on turn 151 in the campaign.

The newscript is spawning Tetra and Aryll 20 turns after Zelda 5 at turn 171 but only if Zelda 5 is dead by this point. Tetra is basically an older Zelda 5 so she isn't really dead as such - but the model of Zelda 5 needs to be gone from the map for Tetra to spawn - and Aryll spawns together with Tetra.

The campaign ends at turn 179 so it's almost at the end when Tetra spawns. She was originally a model made for the expansion to Hyrule: Total War - Great Sea: Total War so this makes sense.

The campaign can still be continued for as long as you want even after turn 179 and the victory conditions can still be achieved.

There is a risk that another faction will win by accomplishing its victory conditions. But the player can still steal such a victory by continuing to play and finish their own - that will actually result in victory for the player despite the AI already winning earlier.

So there have been script-alterations to hero-spawns and improvements.

- Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una now has her custom model for Zant!

I've added the custom strat-map model of Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una to King Zant as well.

Her model was added for Midna's faction a week or two ago.

If Queen Midna surrenders to Prince Zant (the option is given when Zant is holding all four areas in the Twilight Realm and if Queen Midna has been "killed") one turn after Zant has conquered every region in the Twilight Realm and killed Queen Midna in battle or autoresolve (she isn't really killed in the story until you have selected yes/no to the surrender event) then all of Midna's remaining forces and regions in Hyrule (she has one there) will go to King Zant.

This didn't mean that the strat-model of Una was automatically moved over.. No, it ended up a generic Twili Zant General - in order to fix this her strat-model entries needed not only to be added for Zant's faction as well, but I had to add another name for the new Una-model in order to prevent two versions from spawning - one with the wrong bodyguard and battle-model but with the right strat-map model - and one with a generic strat-map model but the right battle-model/bodyguard (no bodyguard as Una is a single-unit giant).

After adding a new name for the Zant-loyal-Una she spawned as intended.

The most time-consuming part is actually waiting on the end-turn times when trying things out after making changes. The turn-times are very slow in this mod - like 2 minutes between turns sometimes.

The script-file is huge too..

So yeah, Una the Brave will join King Zant when Queen Midna surrenders and now has her strat-map model.

- Lady Middee the Cunning has a new strat-map model!

I did add Lady Middee the Cunning as a custom strat-map model for Prince/King Zant and the Forces of the Twilight under him, this was the first custom model converted for his faction - I didn't plan on previewing it as I usually preview the finished faction.

- But Lady Middee is an exception, because she is also joining Queen Midna whenever Prince Zant surrenders (If Queen Midna has control over all four regions in the Twilight Realm and if Prince Zant has been killed - then during the next turn you'd get the option to surrender or not as Zant, or as Midna you'd get the option to spare Zant's forces or not.

If you spare his forces you'd get all his remaining heroes and troops, and this also enables the "Twili United"-script which allows you to recruit both Midna's and Zant's forces. This is also true for Zant if Midna surrenders - then he'll get access to all her forces and can recruit them too.

Prior to any surrender they're stuck with only their own troops (half the Twilight roster) and if you decline to surrender or do not spare the enemy then you'd lose out on the troops of the other Twilight faction.

Lady Middee also needed a new name and spawning entry for Midna's version of the character.

One turn after the troops of Prince Zant has been spared she'd join Midna, but she'll be using a generic strat-map model - this is because the game needs to process that Prince Zant is dead, and that both Queen Midna and Lady Middee are still alive - if they are then the next turn the hero will have re-spawned at a different location outside of Valran where Zant started and will now have her own model.

- If Middee is dead she won't spawn, and if Queen Midna is dead she won't join Midna.

- Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants - the Giant Volvagian now has a unique strat-model!

I've added the same model that I had added for Dakkon, the Volvagian - to Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants as well.

The model in use by Vyorsoth is a 4.6 model and would be impossible to add without rigging it.

I felt like the same model in use by Dakkon would fit well for her on the map.

- New Church of Majora Heroes in the Campaign!

The Twili Portal and the Subrosian Entrance do steal two out of ten slots for custom strat-map heroes on the campaign-map.

I've now added the six remaining heroes.

So we had Dark God Majora himself and Majora Cultist Zelda 3 since before - that's four slots taken.

Now I've added the following:

1. Majora Cultist Knight, Link - using a cool skin by Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord made less than a week ago.

2. Princess Lulu (or Terminian Ruto/Majora Ruto - I did name her Princess Lulu) - using Undying Nephalims old skins for the Zora that have never been used for the hero before.

3. Majora Cultist Nabooru -using the skins by Codeman from the summer of 2019 - she had never been seen like this before as I only used their Majora-skins for the units and not for the heroes.

4. Majora-Cultist Ashei - using the same 2019 skins.

5. Majora-Cultist Queen Ambi - using also those 2019 skins by Codeman.

6. Majora Cultist Queen Rutela, and she is also using 2019 skins by Codeman - the text about her being good is because of a trait.

Alright, so as the player it will be possible to get all of these heroes but I'll add prerequisites like the player needing to conquer certain areas and kill the hero before she'll join the Church of Majora.

For the AI they'll just have alternate Terminian versions.

- Labrynna-Link a new hero for the Labrynna Regime!

Labrynna-Link is using the original texture for his shield and sword and is using the Gerudo-skin by Codeman for the body. As it's one texture-file I had to move over the texture for the gear to the other one in use by Gerudo-Link and overwrite the texture with the Gerudo-emblem.

Labrynna-Link is only spawning as the player, and if the player plays any faction that doesn't have Link as a hero he'll spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule - and for the Church of Majora - as those are seen as opposite Links.

Edit:

The Church of Majora will only start out with Dark God Majora himself, Majora Cultist Zelda 3, Majora Link and Princess Lulu (Majora Cultist Ruto) - everyone else such as Ashei, Ambi, Rutela and Nabooru will need to be killed first and only after do they join the Church of Majora.

- If the player plays as the Forces of the Twilight under Zant then their Link will replace Majora's Link as I'm gonna use the same Link for Zant, the same is true for the Kingdom of Ikana.

The development up to this point happened between January 22nd, 2023 and February 6th, 2023 - I'm gonna post another post about the rest as I feel like the focus was moved to strat-map models mostly and scripts from now on.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 27, 2023 at 11:39 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/02/25

- Louis Lux fixed Prince Zant the Bloody of the Forces of the Twilight!

Alright, so back in 2021 during March-May I had converted 86 HTW models from battle-models into strat-map models, and also 56 Warcraft Total War battle-models into strat-map models.

Unfortunately this year I could only manage 9 models and after this the problems started - every second model converted into a glitched mess or blob - something i couldn't fix.

Louis Lux was sent the failed Prince Zant.cas-file and used a different method to fix him, which according to him took under 10 minutes to do.

He recorded this process in a video and I'm gonna watch it soon.

Hopefully using his method we can finish the rest of the models.

Prince Zant will also be used for King Zant, as I'm running out of space for effects in the traits-file.

So we have enough model-slots left to add all remaining models, this I had made sure in 2021 - but there is another hardcoded limit - a limit on effects or something in the traits-file - and whenever it has been breached the game won't start stating something about not finding the description for effects in use by the strat-model hero. Despite the entry being there... It's like it cannot read it due to a limit on the number you can have in the mod or something.

In any case, this means I'll probably need to remove less important characters and variants of the same character if I want all the heroes on the map.

Agents and generic generals are fine.

But the heroes require effects to show up as the heroes.. It's connected to the traits-file. This limit will force me to replace unused entries and then after that replace unimportant characters like Rosa of Subrosia and maybe variants like the two additional Zelda 1 strat-map models.

- Fairy Veran finally worked! A new strat-map model Hero for the Fairies!

I did manage to do another model after checking all the successful ones.

It would seem that I hadn't selected everything prior to merging the model.

Alright, Fairy Veran - I might have to remove her and some other alternate versions of characters though due to the limit on effects needed for custom heroes on the map.

We'll see if I have to replace her with something more unique.

- Alternate skins don't count - so the many Link-skins are fine.

- Alternate models do count, like the two Veran, the three Zelda 1 etc.

She'll spawn for the Fairies of Tarm if the player is playing as them, and if you play as any of the following factions - Kingdom of Hyrule (Zelda 1), Gerudo (Twinrova), Zora (with General Rutela), Moblins (Demise) and the Sheikah Cadre (Bongo).

- The same change has been made to General Rutela of the Zora - she'll also spawn for the AI if you play any of the above factions.

- If Veran is ever killed as Fairy Veran she'll spawn as Labrynna Veran one turn later in these campaigns.

- Labrynna Veran & Queen Rutela won't co-exist with their younger selves.

- The Forces of the Twilight under Zant - New generals!

All the strat-map generals of Prince/King Zant except Una who needs to join Zant later in the game, and except Olg who was an extra hero added by a submod and as such doesn't count as a real hero of Zant's - I'm limited and need to save slots for other factions.

So we have:

Soldier - The old Twili Soldier by Neph.

General - The Twili General using the Zant-skin from 2021.

Heroes:

1. Lady Middee the Cunning - will switch to Midna if Zant is killed and she is still alive - Midna also needs to be alive.

2. Una the Brave (not on the picture) - will switch to Zant if Midna surrenders.

3. Dark Onox - is replacing Undead Onox for both Midna and Zant. I'm also resizing heroes so that they aren't too big to make them less glitched. The only exception will be the biggest heroes such as Majora, Biggoron or the Tree's. 2-legged heroes will become normal size or slightly bigger than normal. He will join Midna if Zant dies under the same conditions as Lady Middee.

4. Prince Zant - will be used for both King and Prince Zant on the map.

5. Argorok the Dragon - will join Midna if Zant is dead under the same conditions as the others..

The Forces of the Twilight under Prince/King Zant will most likely get some new agents too.

- The Stalfos work now! Lord Akazoo the Harsh added finally!

The Stalfos had been supposed to be in the 2021 release, but an issue caused both Lord Akazoo (their leader) and the necromancer model in use by the script-specific necromancers to not show-up - the same was true for Undead Onox - after I had added the Fairies of Tarm-models and fixed an issue with them not spawning.

I did indeed preview the skeleton-soldier, the scythe lord-general, the Necromancer, Lord Akazoo the Harsh and Deadhand back in 2021 - I did never preview Undead Onox.

Only the skeleton-soldier, the scythe lord-general and Deadhand worked in the 2021 release..

But I've finally solved the issue! There existed two traits named "IsAkazoo" in the traits-file - and after removing the one I didn't know about the model spawned like it should.

In a few hours I will resize Undead Onox to be consistent with the alive version - he will be made smaller as such.

And the Stalfos will get him too on the map, as well as Stallord and Dethl - a Druthuludi like Majora!

So I have 14 slots left in the traits-file before I'll need to remove traits or replace older entries.

I have at least 25 models to add which means at least 11 too many.

I'll at first look for traits to remove that doesn't affect strat-models, and after that if I have to I'll replace Mayor Ruul of Horon, Rosa of Subrosia, Fairy Veran, the 2 additional Zelda 1 etc.

I'll try to avoid removing Fairy Veran and the Zelda's though.

- The Gohma has been finished! New strat-map models on the map

So the previous models I had made of Sulkaris, Infested Agitha and Infested Mido had used the animation of the Gohma Soldier which was used as the default animation for both the soldiers and the generals. It would seem that the model at the top in use by the generic general is dictating what animation the entries beneath it will use - so Agitha, Sulkaris and Mido ended up below ground and compressed which looked really ugly.

It took a while until I figured out the cause - the generic general - and when I had figured this out the question was what model to use instead as the generic general. I almost picked Sulkaris until I decided to attempt to convert the Gohma General - the Gohma Queens - into a general. And it worked! I also resized Sulkaris because she looked bugged otherwise, and when I used the new Gohma Queens as the generic general then Mido and Agitha were able to use their normal animations. I also decided to do the giant Matriarch Spider of the Gohma and it worked wonderfully!

So you have the following:

- Gohma Larvae Soldier by Undying Nephalim/Icecreamman.

0. Gohma Queens - the new generic general.

1. Sulkaris the Ugly - or the Fallen Sage - has the same model as before but now with a normal 2-legged animation in use by most soldiers, and the model has been made smaller and less glitched. She is the leader of the Gohma Hive faction or Spider faction.

2. Infested Agitha - the Spider Gathering Girl who aids the Gohma and Sulkaris and who'll meet a tragic fate being sacrificed by Sulkaris so she can restore her own body.

3. Infested Mido - the traitor of the Kokiri who betrayed the Children of the Forest in the hopes of gaining more power for himself, is in love with Agitha and bullied Link when Link was a kid (Link is the hero of Zelda). Infested Mido will spawn one turn after Mido has died for the Kokiri.

4. Matriarch - the Giant Spider Matriarch is the titan of the Gohma and will rival other giants on the map.

The Gohma are now finished.

- Kokiri strat-map models updated! New heroes etc on the map!

So all the heroes of the Children of the Forest - the Kokiri - have been finished - including the generic general, the Great Deku Tree, a remade soldier and spy.

- Kokiri Female Soldier - was remade to be as big as the heroes as it looked bad when the soldier was a miniature of all the other strat-map models - I still used the same model - the Kokiri Captain without her helmet.

0. Korok General - has his normal human animations now and isn't glitched. It's a new general converted from the Kokiri General of the battles.

1. Saria, Sage of Forest - the main Hero of the Kokiri and the chosen one by the Great Deku Tree to be the Sage of Forests - is also the one Sulkaris of the Gohma needs to kill in order to get her Saria-like body back.

2. Mido, Kokiri Chief - Mido is the proud chief of the Kokiri but has a problematic attitude.

3. Mirora the Brave - Succesor to Mido as Kokiri Chief after the Great Deku Tree removed Mido's title after Mido did break rules in the Forest.

4. The Great Deku Tree - the Father of all the Children of the Forest and their creator. Is the giant titan of the Kokiri who is guarding the Kokiri Forest.

I am not good at doing smaller characters so this is the best I could do.

Remade Agents:

The Spy was converted as a new strat-map model because the old one was too small, the same is true for the soldier/captain - they looked like babies compared to the heroes. I wanted both to be of the same size as the other models.

The Diplomat, Priest and Merchant had the right size already - despite the diplomat being an older model. The other two are 4.6 models.

The Kokiri lacks an assassin.

This is the finished Kokiri faction.

- The Moblins Updated! Strat-model overhaul for heroes, captain & general!

The Moblins have gotten new strat-model captains, generals and heroes on the campaign map!

- Soldier/Captain - has been made bigger and is now using the captain instead of the Grunt - the old model used a grunt, was smaller and it had no weapon - the new one is the "armoured grunt" and armed with a club - the model is bigger!

0. General - the General from the battles have been properly converted into the general on the map as well. Is the same model as the captain but now using a cape, an axe as a weapon and with the blue Moblin skin instead of the brown in use by the captain.

Heroes:

1. King Ganon - is the Moblin Leader and is the King of the Moblins - that is all the blins - the Bokoblins, Moblins, Bigblins, Bulblins etc - he is the King of the faction. He wants to take the Triforce for himself in order to be able to wish for prosperity for his people.

2. Ghirahim - he is a spirit just like the Hylian Titan Fi and is one out of two Moblin Titans.

3. "Humanoid" Demise - is an ancient beast or demon of the Moblins from the old world. Is in use by both Demise on the map - so Demise starts out a giant Demon in battle, and whenever he dies he spawns as his humanoid form - the strat-map model is the same. Demise used to lead the Moblin people in ancient times prior to King Ganon's birth. He fought Hylia the False Goddess who did lead Hyrule at the same time. Is the 2nd Titan of the Moblins.

4. King Bulblin - is the King of the Bulblins - a sub-people of the Moblin faction. Spawns late game on turn 70.

5. General Ogalon - is a female Moblin general who is given command over the army during the siege of Hyrule Castle in the Hyrule Historia prior to the start of the campaign - it was defended by King Nohansen - Father of Princess Zelda 1 who is the Zelda who is leading the Kingdom of Hyrule at the start of the game - he was killed by King Ganon.

Agents:

Has a spy, a female Moblin diplomat and a merchant - lacks an assassin/priest

The Moblins are now finished

- Darknut Legion Updated! New strat-map models!

The Darknut Legion has gotten a new captain, general and all their five heroes on the map.

- Captain/Soldier - I've replaced the old soldier as I thought the model was too small and too outdated. I've replaced it with the actual pink captain from the battles. The new captain has heavier armor and carries a big sword and a shield while also wearing a cape.

0. Darknut General - The general is the actual general from the battles converted into a general on the map. He has the same gear as the captain but now has golden armor with black shoulderpads.

Heroes:

1. Vaati the Fortunate/Vaati Wrath - Is the secret leader of the Darknut Legion working in the shadows and manipulating the actual Darknut leader Zalunbar the Fearless. Vaati has lived for many ages and is a Druthuludi like Majora, he will start out as his humanoid-form and if he is ever killed he will spawn one turn later as his Druthuludi form Vaati Wrath - he is the humanoid Vaati on the map for both forms. Vaati was killed by Yaraxonal after a fight where he stood little chance.

2. Zalunbar the Fearless - Is the leading Darknut and is one of the Deities - elite knights of the Legion. He had no chance against Yaraxonal in the Hyrule Historia videos unlike Vaati who could actually fight back.

3. Yaraxonal the Good - Is the former Sage of Spirits and has been turned into stone by Vaati. Will be brought back by Link, Lana, the Black Knight Senturon and Nabooru in the Hyrule Historia Missions - after which she killed Vaati and Zalunbar. In the campaign she will spawn in the late game.

4. Senturon - Is an honorable and good knight of the Darknut Legion who helps free Yaraxonal.

5. Onan - Is a Darknut Captain who probably would be evil and on the side of Vaati & Zalunbar.

Agents:

The Darknuts have Zuna Merchants, spies and female Darknut priests and diplomats. They lack an assassin.

The Darknut legion is now finished.

- The Lizalfos have been updated! New strat-map models on the map!

The Lizalfos have gotten a new captain/Soldier, a new general & all their heroes on the map.

- Captain-Soldier - The old model was unarmed so I replaced it with one that has a knife.

0. Generic General - The Lizalfos general from the battles are now also the Lizalfos general on the map - I converted the battle-model into a strat-map model. The only difference between him and the captain is that he has a mace as a weapon instead of a knife.

Heroes:

1. Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants - the Ancient Mother of all Volvagians - Vyorsoth - she couldn't use her HTW 4.6 model due to it being too high-poly for Med2 to easily be able to handle it. Instead I've added the old Volvagian-model to her on the map - the same model in use by the Gerudo Volvagian Dakkon. Vyorsoth is one out of two titans of the Lizalfos.

2. Nardu, the White - the Queen of the Lizalfos who would later in Hyrule Historia attempt to sacrifice Princess Zelda 5 - this can be seen in a cutscene in the mod's background-video.

3. Talik, the Red - a custom general of the Lizalfos who is taller than the normal captain/general.

4. Vakat the Winged - an Aeralfos general who is also bigger than your common general and who has wings.

5. Okakusha the Green - a general who carries a spear and who has dressed herself up in a Kokiri outfit. Is also taller than your common Lizalfos commander.

6. Trinexx, Lord of Turtle Rock - is the 2nd titan of the Lizalfos and is a turtle with three heads. It can use the red head to shoot fire (in this mod) and in lore could also use the blue head to shoot ice. The turtle once resided in the Goron Mountains.

Agents:

The Lizalfos have a spy, an assassin, a diplomat, a priest and a merchant.

The Lizalfos are now finished.

- The Forces of the Twilight under Zant - Updated Strat-Map models & Agents!

The Forces of the Twilight under Prince/King Zant had previously gotten their heroes, or most of them - now they've gotten two additional heroes as new strat-map models and their agents updated as well!

- Soldier/Captain - the old Twili Infantry has been replaced with the Bonemold Monks of Lady Middee as Prince Zant had very few of his fathers old guard left and mostly used insects and Bonemold Monks. Unfortunately the unit has a glitched texture on the skirt where details are missing - but this is true for both Twili factions and also was the case in any earlier version of the mod. The unit_info pic shows a better texture and I'll try to fix it for both factions later.

0. Twili General - is the female general from the battles converted to the strat-map back in 2021.

1. Prince Zant - The leader of the Zanti-faction who wants his rightful throne back. His father was King, and Zant grew up expecting the throne - unfortunately for him his father rebelled against the true leaders of the Twilight Realm - the 3 Great Fairies Una, Veran and 3rd one - they killed him - and made Midna, a nobody - Queen instead..

2. Lady Middee the Cunning - is the leader of the Bonemold Monks and has been bested by Zant after which she swears him her loyalty.

3. Olg - A new strat-map model has been added for Zant's Shadow Bloat pet.

4. Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una - Joins Zant at Midna's death.

5. General Onox/Dark Onox - a dragon who can't fly that has the ability to swim very fast. Joins Zant at the capture of Uzu.

6. Argorok the Dragon - a real dragon that can fly - also joins Zant if Uzu is taken.

7. Link, Hero of the twilight - Majora Cultist Link will join if Midna is killed after turn 3 replacing Link for the Church.

Agents:

Merchant & Diplomat has a new Zanti-skin, Avatar of majora-priest has a new red skin, Zant has a new Fused Shadow-spy and a Shadow Assasin as the assassin.

- Zant will get King Zant for the AI who has a helmet unlike the Prince.

Zant is now finished.

- The Oocca have been updated! Has a new model for many roles!

The Demokan Scouts or Oocca Scouts are the eyes and ears of the Oocca - they've been converted mainly for the role of a new spy-agent - then I've also added them for the merchant-role and the army/soldier/captain-role on the map.

The entries are unique so each entry has different animations.

The model was converted from the battle-model, as unlike most other models in use by the Oocca this model was not a high-polygon model and could easily be converted into a strat-map model without needing to lower it with a tool.

The Emissary would have worked but that's a mount and for some reason it had a trillion odd bones and also a texture that were out of place in MS3D - I decided not to do that one. Otherwise it would have been the soldier.

The Oocca will probably not get anything else, but at least we got rid of the Wizzrobe-agents in use by the merchant & the spy.

- The Deku Scrubs/Deku Tribes have been updated! New strat-models!

The Deku Scrubs have gotten a new general and three out of four heroes on the map! Unfortunately there were no model of the hero Kado in the first iteration of Deku models by Undying Nephalim/Icecreamman - he had remade the Deku Scrubs three times, and in HTW: Classic Ultimate we're using the oldest models on the map (plus some 4.6 agents) and the 2nd roster in battle. I was going to convert the 2nd generation of models but these models had a lot of detail so it wasn't possible using the method that I use to convert them. I were forced to use the 1st iteration of models that the mod was already using in the Deku UI and for the soldier and some of the agents.

- Captain/Soldier - Old Deku Scrub Captain by Undying Nephalim/Icecreamman.

0. Deku Scrub General - Is using the same model as shown in the faction selection screen, but it's no longer the model used in the battles - unfortunately due to the small size of the Deku Scrubs I had to make the model static or it would be glitched. The soldier and some of the older agents are using a custom skeleton but sadly I don't know how to make use of it - I had no choice but to use the normal vanilla skeleton and as such it's either making them static or have glitches due to their small size. Looks alright when standing still, is floating in the air when moving.

Heroes:

1. The Deku King - the leader of the Deku Scrubs. He is also static.

2. The Deku Princess - the heir to the throne of the Deku Scrubs. She flies unlike the others and as such kept her animations for her arms and head - she looks way better than the others as such when moving.

3. Voice of Odolwa - is a Shaman of the Deku Scrubs who spawns at about turn 40.

Agents:

The Deku Scrubs have access to a spy, an assassin, a merchant, a priest and a diplomat.

The Deku Scrubs are now finished.

- Twili/Zanti Banner Carrier Texture fixed - Bonemold Monks texture corrected!

Hello, so the 8 banner carriers of the Forces of the Twilight used the wrong zanti_main1 and twili_main1 texture-files - causing the model to look horrible in battle. I looked into the files and it would seem that the model were supposed to use zanti_main2 and twili_main2 - after changing this line in the BMMDB-file the banner carriers were restored to how they're supposed to look.

The Bonemold Monks also had a missing skirt in their texture. Fortunately Lady Middee the Cunning had that part, but with a different color - thanks to Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord this mod finally got a Zanti-variant seen in this picture, and he also changed it a bit for the Midna-faction too so it's not 100% looking like the hero.

The Bonemold Monks on the map for Zant have also been fixed as a result.

- Link will now spawn whenever Imp-Midna spawns as an ally of Imp-Midna!

When Queen Midna surrenders to Prince Zant, all her troops and regions still under her control will go to Prince Zant, and one turn later Imp-Midna will spawn at Arbiter Grounds in the Gerudo desert together with a bodyguard of Repentants and three additional units of those - and now Link will spawn at the same time reinforcing Imp-Midna with a bunch of mercenaries.

- Together they'd have like 10 units - half an army.

- Lanayru Province have been updated! New strat-map characters/models!

I didn't plan on doing more than add the Hero of Time, Link - to the Lanayru Province - using the very good skin by Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord, but then I had the idea to add the model to Queen Laruto of the Lanayru (the successor to Queen Rutela) Province after I had remade her script in the mod and finished the main heroes of every faction - after Queen Laruto I realized that Tetra & Aryll also fit in this faction if the player plays as them!

- Captain/Soldier - the old Conscrips-model by Neph from the first release of the mod.

0. General - The actual general from the battles added in March 2021.

Heroes:

1. Queen Rutela - the leader of the faction - added in 2021.

2. Prince Ralis - the son of Queen Rutela- spawns late-game and was added in 2021.

3. General Aydia - the commander of the army - a starting general and was also added in 2021.

4. Laruto - spawns mid-game and is a main hero of the faction added to the map in 2021.

5. Link, Hero of the Lanayru Zora - was added in late January 2023 and hasn't been in any release - I did preview him earlier. He spawns only if the player is playing this faction.

6. Queen Laruto - will spawn at turn 150 or any turn after as long as general/Queen Rutela is dead.

7. Tetra (Princess Tetralyna Nohansen Zelda 5) is another very late-game hero who will spawn on turn 171 or any turn after as long as Princess Zelda 5 of Hyrule is dead (that's the younger version of her character) - both Tetra, Queen Laruto & Aryll are would-be heroes of the cancelled Great Sea: Total War Expansion - Captain Linbeck of Labrynna is the 4th one. Tetra would give up her throne to Hylia, the False Goddess - after which she would go her own way building a fleet and journeying across the sea - the other characters would join her - New Hyrule is Hyrule & Lanayru combined in a later era.

8. Aryll - a young Surveyor who accompanies Tetra & Queen Laruto.

They also have Agents such as a spy, a priest, a merchant and a diplomat.

- The Order of the Wizzrobe has been updated! Louis Lux fixed Zelda 3!

Alright, so a while back like two weeks ago I did update and preview the new general of the Order & I also did show-off Link and Zelda - unfortunately Zelda 3 did use her old model on the map because the model was simply too high-poly to be easily converted into a strat-map model - I later found out that the older Zelda 3 was just as high-poly so I had been able to get her into the game back in March 2021 - but for some reason I couldn't do it this time, I've simply forgotten most about rigging the model after it's lowered.

I ended up with models that weren't rigged.

In any case, Louis Lux over at the Medieval 2 Modders Discord helped me with this model, just like he had done with Zant - of course Zant wouldn't be a problem now - but this Zelda was a problem.

We have updated models on the map:

- Captain/Soldier - The old Acolyte from the first release.

0. General - The new Wizzrobe General converted two weeks ago from the battle-model.

Heroes:

1. Hylia - the False Goddess - the unofficial leader of the Order of the Wizzrobe. She wants to take over the Kingdom of Hyrule and rule it from it's throne like she did in the past. In order to achieve this she has an army of Wizzrobe Mages. Was added back in March 2021.

2. Nostrum - the official leader of the Order - is a Pyromancer who can shoot fire. Was added in 2021 as well.

3. Carrock - Nostrum's potent son who can't use any magic.

4. Cia - the Mage - it's Lana Valashi after she has become twisted by the magics of the Order into a more sinister evil character.

5. Hylias First Knight, Link - Link was added like two weeks ago.

6. Princess Zelda III (Order of the Wizzrobe) - is the Zelda unique to this faction. While most heroes spawn in the beginning of the game if the player plays as the Order this Zelda spawns late-game on turn 92 I believe. She will replace the other Zelda 3 that normally spawns for the Kingdom of Hyrule. And is only available in the campaign if the player is playing as the Order.

- The Kingdom of Ikana Updated! Strat-Model Overhaul completed!

I've finished the strat-map model overhaul of all the generals and main heroes + Agents for every faction in the mod - a process I started doing in march 2021 when I converted 17 out of 28 campaign-factions. Since late January I've finished the final 10 or so factions.

All that remains now is updating a few outdated captains/soldiers, resize the River Zora gens & King, Resize the Goron gens and heroes and try to improve on Dezaia and King Dodongo and make them move!

After that it's just some gameplay additions and we're ready to go with a final release of this submod!

- Soldier/Captain - Old Ikanian Footmen by Undying nephalim/IceCreamMan.

0. General - The Hollowknight has been properly converted into the general on the map now like he was intended to be.

Heroes:

1. King Igos du Ikana - the Cursed King of Ikana - the Ikanians may look undead but they aren't really mindless zombies like the Stalfos, no - they've been cursed with undeath by the Goddesses of Hyrule because they let the Dark God Majora lead them astray in the past. They arrive from Termina through a crack in the ground spawning in the campaign. King Igos is their King since ancient times.

2. Alive King Igos - If certain conditions are fulfilled King Igos will be uncursed.

3. Princess Gomess - the Daughter of King Igos and also cursed with undeath.

4. Alive Princess Gomess - if certain conditions are fulfilled she may be uncursed!

5. Skull Keeta - the cursed Captain of the Ikanian army.

6. Alive Captain Keeta - Like with the others he can become uncursed.

7. Garo Master - the leader of the Garo Ninja who are cursed to wander Termina and fight endless battles.

8. Majora Cultist Knight, Link - will replace the other evil Links of Majora and Zant.

Agents:

Spy = Shadow Keese, Merchant = Drafted, Assassin = Garo Ninja, Diplomat = Cursed Nobleman & Priest = Ikanian Deathshamans wearing masks of Majora!

- The Cursed Kingdom of Ikana is now finished!

I did finish the final models yesterday.

- The development up until this point happened between February 7th, 2023 and February 19th, 2023 - after this the focus switched to scripts, gameplay and I did replace a few captains on the map and resize some older models. I'm gonna post one more update-post later.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 28, 2023 at 12:10 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

- Updated all the unit_info cards and unit_cards of the agents.

All the new Agents from 2021 and from this year 2023 didn't use their proper unit-cards and unit_info-cards - this has been fixed on Feb 19th, 2023.

- Ghirahim, Fi and Ooccoo are now using better unit-cards found in the files - the Ghirahim/Fi-ones are from Tedster's submod of 2014 and the Oocoo-card was by neph and found in the files of the mod.

- Lanayru Captain/Soldier replaced on the map with the actual captain from the battles - as the old strat-map model was glitched.

- 79 new strat-map models in total, as compared to 86 in 2021 for HTW.

- I've resized the River Zora General, King Zarozef and Baruuda-Kan - they're now smaller on the map.

The models were too big previously and it looked bad so I made them slightly smaller to fit the model-skeleton better.

- King Farkos of the Zora had the same size as the River Knights/King Zarozef and had to be made smaller as well.

- Undead Onox made smaller to be consistent with alive Onox

- Prince Ralis of Lanayru, the son of Queen Rutela - made bigger as he was glitched.

- Fi made bigger as she was glitched.

- The Goron general, Darunia - Sage of Fire and Commander Dangoro made smaller
    - They're made to be more in line with lore and with the other models

- Fixed the recruitment of Great Sea units for the Lanayru Province post the kid-Zelda 5 spawn.

- Only available from Hylian lands.

- Added a script for Imp-Midna so that she can turn back into Queen Midna and be restored, this ws done on February 21st, 2023.

In the last video I'm testing the same script again after doing some alterations in the campaign_scripts-file of the mod, the aim is to get the heroes of Prince Zant to spawn for Queen Midna after she has been restored from Imp Midna to her normal form again.

This time it worked 100% as intended - the heroes of Prince Zant joined the restored Queen Midna using their custom models on the map - this included Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una - and Undead Onox no longer spawns because Dark Onox is still alive.

I needed to add a new name to this Una, and I also needed to include the Dark_Onox_Midna name which was new, for the Undead Onox spawn - he won't spawn as long as Dark_Onox_Midna exists on the map.

I'm also telling you about the mods latest version and showing off stuff.

- A new Labrynnian Captain/Soldier - it's the same model but converted from the battles with her weapon and shield - the old one was unarmed.

- The old agents are back to keep consistency with the UI

Also I were forced to remove some agents - so some are shared - for example Ordona is sharing the merchant with Hyrule, and the Sheikah are sharing the spy and the assassin.

- Many new agents are still in the game.

- I had only modded the main campaign, I deleted the other campaigns - and copied the latest one.

- Then added locked alliances to the first copy which was a 1 minute job.

- The Hyrule Historia campaign however was more troublesome.

I tried at first to move all my changes over to it. Then I changed my mind and stopped halfway through. And instead moved over the different spawning turns to the latest campaign. Something went wrong and the weird map which indicates the mod will crash happened. So I had to delete them and try again..

- But now I have added all the campaigns with my changes. The main difference between the Hyrule Historia Campaign and the Freeform Campaign is that the former has different spawning turns and has Lana valashi instead of Cia spawning for the Order.

- It's basically Neph's original campaign in terms of when factions spawn. In the Freeform everyone spawns immediately.

- Then the two locked alliances-campaigns are just the same two campaigns but where the alliances are enforced each new turn.

After this I watched the AI play a campaign while recording during all of Thursday:

Gameplay alterations:

Queen Midna start out with the settlement of Arbiter Grounds and will have the portal at the start of the game, she only has one unit of Twili Infantry there but I've added a garrison script that will trigger whenever someone is besieging the settlement. So the characters in the Twilight realm couldn't do anything in Hyrule unless they held a region there. More info in this video about this change from Friday:

- I've updated the Princess Zelda 1-5 + Tetra & Aryll spawns in all campaigns.

1. In the Freeform Campaign & in the Freeform Locked Alliances Campaigns they will still require Princess Zelda 5 of Hyrule to die first before spawning, and the spawn has been moved to turn 170 instead of turn 171 for the Lanayru Province, and for the Hylians it's been moved to turn 171 from turn 170 - and the heroes are now player only for the Kingdom of Hyrule but AI for Lanayru as it's more fun to see the custom strat-map models if played by the AI.

The main issue the Lanayru Province will be facing is that they might not survive long enough, while the Kingdom of Hyrule is more likely to survive for that long.
    The reason is that the Oocca, the Gohma and the Gorons might gang-up on the Lanayru.

I still wanted Tetra and Aryll to be used by the Lanayru as the AI due to them having custom models if used by the faction unlike with Hyrule where they use generic models.

As for the other Princess Zelda's 1-5 they can spawn as usual even if the earlier ones are still alive.

2. But this is not the case in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns.

In the Hyrule Historia Campaign + Hyrule Historia Locked Alliances Campaigns Princess Zelda 1 will be deleted/moved off-map once Princess Zelda 2 spawns on turn 54, Princess Zelda 2 will be deleted/moved off-map once Princess Zelda 3 spawns on turn 91, Princess Zelda 3 will be deleted/moved off-map once Princess Zelda 4 spawns on turn 136.

Princess Zelda 5 being a kid will not cause Princess Zelda 4 to be deleted/moved off-map - so they'll co-exist for awhile.
    20 turns later on turn 170-171 the older Tetralyna Nohansen Zelda 5 will spawn.

She'll spawn together with Aryll.

When this spawn happens in both Hyrule Historia Campaigns the younger Zelda 5 and her mother Princess Zelda 4 will be deleted/moved off-map.

So in essence the difference between the Freeform Campaigns and the Hyrule Historia Campaigns in relation to Princess Zelda will be that she won't continue to co-exist with later Zelda's in the Hyrule Historia while in the Freeform you can have all 5 at the same time except Adult Tetra/Kid Zelda 5.

In the Freeform you can only lose Zelda 1-5 by having them assassinated or killed in battle.

In the Hyrule Historia they are automatically lost when a later Zelda spawns.

- Adult/Teenage Tetra will not spawn for Hyrule as the AI anymore which means Zelda 5 and Zelda 4 will never be killed unless killed in battle or assassinated if played by the AI in the Freeform/Freeform Locked Alliances campaigns.

- So I have also improved the garrison script of the Midna-faction after recording a video where I attacked Arbiter Grounds as the Gerudo held by Twili forces that spawned but that were not good enough.

- I've also added Sand Crab Cove to Zant with 1 single unit there, Arbiter Grounds also have only 1 unit at the start - if the areas are attacked and under siege a garrison script will spawn a huge army for both.

- But only for the AI.

- As the player there will be zero garrison scripts.

- This will help prevent the AI from losing said regions in Hyrule prior to any spawn. Or portal arrival.

- Issues that remain there are of course the fact that Zant's heroes spawn replacing Midna's heroes even when Midna has won. I think a new script is needed to make sure they only spawn when Zant is victorious.

In the old script they'd spawn no matter who wins.

- On february 25th, 2023 after adding a bunch of new scripts etc I wrote "I do believe that Zant has been solved" - so the issue with Zant was finally fixed.

- Queen Midna will spawn in Hyrule if she is victorious and King Zant spawns if he wins.

- After this I finished the rest of the scripts.

Finally I did give Sheik Zalda IV's model on the strat-map - as the 4.6 Sheik-model was too high-poly for the method I'm using and would have required rigging and lowering of polygons.

- Sheik on the map is Zelda 4

That was Sheik for the Kingdom of Hyrule.

- Sheik for the Sheikah Cadre

And after this I created the RAR-archive on February 25th, 2023 - after which I released the update!

- I have one more post to write about the big list of new scripts later today.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 28, 2023 at 01:48 AM.

- The Havamal

Big list of new scripts in the mod:

New Hero Spawns:

1. - Humanoid Demise - Demise in his humanoid form

In the 2021-release both forms of Demise, the ancient demonic beast of the Moblins - were present in the mod - but in that release Humanoid-Demise could spawn in the late-game despite beast-demise still being alive which had been unintended by me as the beast-form of Demise was supposed to die before the other form had a chance at spawning - but not so. I had simply connected the spawn of Demise's humanoid form to a spawn of one of the late-game heroes and if the beast-form of Demise was still alive you'd end up with two versions of the same character.

- In the new 2023-release I've deleted the old spawn of Humanoid-Demise and added a completely fresh script for him to spawn only after the previous form has been killed.

In essence this means that you won't have two forms of Demise present at the same time anymore in your campaigns.

2. - Vaati-Wrath - Druthuludi form of Vaati

Vaati starts out as Vaati the Fortunate, a human-like form of Vaati - but like Demise he has a 2nd form (in his case the beast-form is the 2nd form) which would spawn in the late-game in the 2021-release despite his other form still being alive and well - resulting in two versions of Vaati present at the same time.

I've added a completely fresh script for Vaati-Wrath spawning him only after his other form has been killed - so he won't exist as both forms at the same time anymore.

3. - Queen Laruto - Future Queen of the Lanayru

Like with Vaati and Demise the Lanayru Province Hero Laruto also has two versions - the other version being the Great Sea: Total War "Queen Laruto" model. In the 2021-release she would spawn late-game together with Prince Ralis despite younger Laruto still being present on the map.. This wasn't intended but did happen!

In the new release I've added a completely fresh script for her that will only spawn her as Queen after a certain turn (turn 150 I think it was) - on the condition that Queen Rutela is dead, she won't spawn until the later has died - and young-Laruto will be moved off-map when this happens. No more doubles of the character anymore - young Laruto and Queen Laruto won't co-exist at the same time anymore. The former Queen, Queen Rutela of the Lanayru Province - will need to be dead, both as Queen and as General Rutela - the character of Rutela isn't allowed to exist when Queen Laruto spawns - with the exception of the Majora-Rutela. Queen Laruto can spawn at any turn post turn 150 as soon as General or Queen Rutela dies - then young-Laruto will be automatically replaced by Queen Laruto.

4. - Halthor - Keaton Robber Baron

The leader of the Keaton Cartel rebels in the settlement of Vigjaro Glade, Halthor used to be bugged and is still bugged as a rebel-hero due to the rebels using a 4-legged creature as the generic general/captain - in the 2023-release a script has been added that will re-spawn Halthor, the female Keaton Robber Baron - as a new general of the Order of the Wizzrobe whenever she is killed for the rebels. She'll spawn for the Order the turn after her death and will have a Keaton Marksmen bodyguard.

5. - Wazkora - Crown Ridge Goron Chief

Wazkora is the rebel-leader of the Gorons of Rolling Ridge, or Crown Ridge bordering the Tokay-lands and Labrynna - in the old 2021-release anyone could recruit the Crown Ridge Gorons or Gorons of Rolling Ridge if they conquered their capital - but unlike in the new 2023-release their leader Chief Wazkora wasn't joining the player for any faction. In the new release Wazkora will join the Labrynna Regime as a new general one turn after he has been killed no matter what faction kills him. He'll have a bodyguard of Rock Shamans.

- The Crown Ridge Gorons have also gotten their stats changed because I didn't think they were good enough in 2021 - some of their units had the same stats despite a big difference in size between them - all of them have been made better after I did compare them to the normal Gorons.

6. - Undead Onox AI/Undead Onox

In the 2021-release the character known as Undead Onox were supposed to spawn for the Stalfos whenever Dark/General Onox died for the Forces of the Twilight under Prince/King Zant. There were mistakes done with the script and he didn't work and would spawn wrongly - the spawn has been fixed for both the AI and the player, there are two different scripts - one for the AI and one for the player - now he should work fine and spawn whenever Dark/General Onox dies as the AI - if you play the Stalfos as the player you need to make sure that Prince Zant, King Zant and any version of Dark/General Onox doesn't exist on the map - then you also need to conquer Kakariko, Arbiter Grounds and Domain Prime - and Undead Onox will spawn.

7. - Gohma Infested Mido - Traitor of the Kokiri

In the old 2021-release and any release prior to it it would seem that the Gohma-hero "Infested Mido" wasn't even implemented in the campaign_script-file as a normal hero of the faction. I've implemented the character to the game for the Gohma as their 4th hero. He'll only spawn whenever Kokiri Chief Mido (the same character) is killed - he'll spawn for both the player and the AI as long as his younger self in the Kokiri-faction has been killed. He'd spawn one turn later.

8. - Fairy Veran - spawns for the player if playing the Fairies of Tarm - will also spawn if you play as the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Sheikah, the Moblins, the Gerudo or the Zora.

9. - Veran the Cunning - Labrynnian Advisor to Queen Ambi - If Fairy Veran dies

In the Labrynna Campaign and in some other campaigns she'll spawn as a hero at the start. However, if you play as any of the factions where "Fairy Veran" spawns - that is the Fairies of Tarm, the Sheikah, the Gerudo, the Zora, the Moblins and the Kingdom of Hyrule - then she'll only spawn as Labrynna's Veran after Fairy Veran has been killed in the campaign - this did require a script for each of these factions. If you play hotseat and as all of these factions Veran might be bugged with no traits, the wrong model etc - because I forgot to give each entry a unique name - she'll still be fine in single-player but not in multiplayer hotseat I'd imagine.

10. - General/Young Rutela - will spawn if you play as any of those factions as well.

The Hyrule Historia-only General Rutela or Young Rutela has been added to the campaigns, if the player is playing as the Zora, the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Moblins, the Fairies of Tarm, the Sheikah Cadre or the Gerudo. Queen Rutela may spawn during the first turn or so but whenever General Rutela spawns one or two turns after - then the Queen-version will be moved off-map. General Rutela is a general in the Zora army and has a bodyguard of Zora Infantry - Queen Rutela is the Queen of the Lanayru Province - an independent Province of the Zora - this means that the two versions of the character fights for different factions in the mod - if you play as the Zora you will no longer be able to kill Queen Rutela as she is in your faction now.

11. - Hero of Time, Link - I've added unique scripts spawning Link for a bunch of factions - including three evil versions that won't co-exist at the same time as each other because they're the same character, and quite a few more Link's for the good factions - that won't co-exist with the other good Link's but that will co-exist with the evil Link's.

Evil Links - Ikana-Link, Majora-Link and Zanti-Link - all of them are using the same strat-map model and battle-model - and only one of them will exist in any campaign - the Church of Majora is the one chosen for the AI so Ikana-Link and Zanti-Link are Player-only. Link has a purple tunic, pinkish skin, red eyes and a shield with the Majora-emblem. Majora-Link has a bodyguard of Mounted Hyrulean Knights, Ikana-Link has a bodyguard of Ikanian Noblemen and Zanti-Link has a bodyguard of Shadow Messengers.

Good Links - The Kingdom of Hyrule-Link, Sheikah-Link, Ordona-Link, Wizzrobe-Link, Gerudo-Link, Zora-Link, Lanayru-Link, Horon-Link, Labrynna-Link and Midna-Link. Hyrule's Link is the generic Link that will spawn for the AI if the player is not playing a good faction with Link as a hero in the faction - he has the old bodyguard of Hyrulean Knights (dismounted) and has the generic Twilight Princess look with a green tunic and brown hair, Sheikah-Link has a red tunic, Sheikah War Paint in the face and has a bodyguard of Skull Knights - a unique Sheikah elite unit, Ordona-Link has the generic Twilight Princess-look but has a Mounted Hyrulean Knights bodyguard just like Majora-Link, Wizzrobe-Link also has that same look but has a Armoured Acolytes bodyguard which is a unit of the HTW 4.6 Acolytes in use by Lana Valashi as well, Gerudo-Link has a bodyguard of Tombguards and his tunic is brown/orange with the emblem on his shield being the Gerudo Emblem, Zora-Link has a blue tunic and a unique Zora-emblem on his shield and is using a bodyguard of elite Domain Supremes infantry, Lanayru-Link has a different emblem on his shield as compared to the Zora-Link and his color is a different variation of blue - he has a bodyguard of Coast Riders, Horon-Link has a white tunic and has the Horon-emblem on his shield - his bodyguard is a Mounted Recruits bodyguard unit, Labrynna-Link has a bodyguard of Knights of Ambi (dismounted) and wears the brown/orange color of Gerudo-Link but with the normal shield-emblem and finally Midna-Link is the normal Twilight Princess Link and will spawn with a unique bodyguard of mercenary Aquadongo Jockey cavalry (Tokay cav) whenever Imp-Midna has spawned in the game - this is the only normal cavalry that the Twili have access to.

Each Link has a unique script - and only one of the good Link's can exist at the same time.

12. - Princess Zelda I (Sheikah Cadre) - Princess Zelda I with a White Dress from Hyrule Historia is now unique for the Sheikah

I've implemented a new script making the Princess Zelda I with a white dress, seen in the Hyrule Historia, and who was one out of three Princess Zelda I in the 2021-release - I've made her unique for the Sheikah Cadre - she'll spawn only if the player is playing the faction in the first few turns of any campaign. If you as the player play as any other faction she won't spawn and the normal Princess Zelda I will spawn instead for the Kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Nylin Nohansen Zelda I using a white dress and fighting for the Sheikah Cadre will have the Sheikah Assassins bdyguard - just like in Hyrule Historia.

13. - Princess Zelda I (Ordona Province) - Princess Zelda I with a coat from Hyrule Historia is now unique to the ordona Province

I've implemented a new script making the Princess Zelda I with a coat, seen in the Hyrule Historia videos/missions, and who was one out of three Zelda I in the 2021-release - I've made her unique for the Ordona Province - she'll spawn only if the player is playing the faction in the first few turns of any campaign. If you as the player play as any other faction she won't spawn and the normal Princess Zelda I will spawn instead for the Kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Nylin Nohansen Zelda I using a Coat and fighting for the Ordona Province will have the Hyrulean Macemen or Holy Macemen Bodyguard - bringing heavy infantry to Ordona which they lack otherwise.

14. - Princess Zelda III (Order of the Wizzrobe) - Princess Zelda III from Undying Nephalim's/IceCreamMan's 2014 Patreon-event is now Wizzrobe-unique

I've implemented a new script making Princess Zelda III from the 2014 Patreon-event, and who was one out of three Zelda III in the 2021-release - I've made her unique for the Order of the Wizzrobe - she'll spawn only if the player is playing as the faction in the late-game on turn 92 - replacing princess Zelda III from Twilight Princess who'd spawn at turn 91 for the Kingdom of Hyrule. If you as the player plays as any other faction she won't spawn and the normal Twilight Princess Princess Zelda III will spawn instead for the Kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Mahrala Nohansen Zelda III fighting for the order of the Wizzrobe will have the Wizzrobe Hylian Knights as her bodyguard - a unique bodyguard for her in the 2021-release when she was in the Hyrule-faction and that unit was only used as a bodyguard for her and not as its own unit.

14. - Majora Cultist Zelda III - Princess Zelda III in the Church of Majora

I've implemented a new script making Majora-Cultist Princess Mahrala Nohansen Zelda III spawn for the Church of Majora in any campaign. As she is is an evil version of the character she'll co-exist with one of the others in any campaign - but unlike the good versions she'll spawn at the beginning of any campaign, as she is seen as an alternate reality Zelda III - she has the Ironclad Elites bodyguard. In the 2021-release she did also spawn for the Church of Majora in any campaign, but not through the campaign_scripts-file - no - in any earlier release she was added as one of few characters through the descr_strat-file in this mod, which spawned her on turn 0 - by adding a new script for her in the other file she'll now spawn on turn 1 like every other hero in the game.

15. - Sheik - Princess Zelda IV in Disguise - Kingdom of Hyrule

Sheik has been added as a late-game hero for the Kingdom of Hyrule. Princess Zelda IV is the same character and will spawn at turn 136 in any campaign, if she is killed then one turn later Sheik will spawn in her place. Sheik is also using her strat-map model but has a unique Sheik-model in battle - and has her own name, traits and such on the map and in battle. It's a different version of the same character. Sheik will also show-up for the AI for the Kingdom of Hyrule if Zelda IV dies.

16. - Sheik - Princess Zelda IV in Disguise - Sheikah Cadre

Sheik will also spawn for the Sheikah cadre as the Player if the player is playing the faction only - she'll spawn on turn 137 removing Princess Zelda IV from the map for the Kingdom of Hyrule and replacing her with Sheik for the Sheikah Cadre. It's the same character as the other Sheik and has the same model in the battles and on the map as the other one.

17. - Tetralyna Nohansen Zelda 5 - Tetra - Leader of the New Hyrule Expedition of Great Sea: Total War - Lanayru + Hyrule in one faction

In the 2021-release Tetra, which is the older Princess Tetralyna Nohansen Zelda 5 - would spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule only as both the player and the AI whenever Princess Tetralyna Zelda V (the kid-version of the same character) spawned in an old script - similarly to the heroes of Queen Laruto, Demise and Vaati she was connected to other heroes spawning and didn't have a unique script of her own - this has been changed! Now she'll spawn only for the player as the Kingdom of Hyrule, and her spawn has been moved up to turn 171 to make it happen a bit after her younger self spawns - she's no longer spawning for the AI as the Kingdom of Hyrule doesn't have enough free slots for her unique strat-map model and as such I decided to make her unique for the Lanayru Province if the AI controls them and Hyrule.

In the new 2023-release she'll spawn for the Kingdom of Hyrule only if played by the player, and only after turn 171 in the very late-game - if you play the Hyrule Historia Campaign she'll automatically replace the younger Zelda 5 and spawn immediately on turn 171 - and if you play the Freeform Campaign you'd need to wait until the younger version has been killed before she'll spawn.

The Lanayru Province will have access to the hero as both the AI and as the player - and unlike the Kingdom of Hyrule she'll have a custom strat-map model when in the Lanayru Province. She'll use the same bodyguard for both the factions - Knights of New Hyrule - and she'll spawn together with a bunch of New Hyrule-units - the Lanayru has now also gotten access to New Hyrule-units after the spawn of Zelda 5 at turn 151 as long as they hold Hylian areas - they can recruit New Hyrule Hylian-units from Hylian lands only - they do have access to New Hyrule/Great Sea Lanayru units since 2021 - the Lanayru Mages and Aquamarines.

18. - Aryll - A Young Surveyor and companion of Tetra - Hero in the New Hyrule Expedition of Great Sea: Total War - Lanayru + Hyrule in one faction

Aryll will also spawn at the same time as Tetra but has her own script, she will not spawn unless it's post turn 170/171 and Princess Zelda 5 of Hyrule needs to not be present on the map for her to spawn. She has a bodyguard of Great Sea/New Hyrule Surveyors and also spawns together with some elite troops of New Hyrule's land-army.

And that's the heroes and their new unique scripts

- I've also added a bunch of new scripts for the Forces of the Twilight, their unique civil-war feature and their heroes - as they're all connected to each other I'll post about them as a separate from the other heroes "Forces of the Twilight"-only bunch of new scripts. I'll start with the heroes and will continue to count.

So the Forces of the Twilight had 4 different roles they could play in the mod in the 2021-release:

1. If the Player played as Prince Zant he/she would start out in the Twilight Realm where he would fight Queen Midna and her armies, and as long as Midna wasn't defeated the portal to Hyrule couldn't be built by any party - and no diplomats were allowed neither. Prince Zant had only half the roster, and Queen Midna the other half - they had a few units shared such as the Twili Infantry - Prince Zant needed to take Elmenzhia before he could recruit Twili Sorceresses, and he needed to take Uzu before the heroes Dark Onox and Argorok the Dragon would join him - all of this worked well - when the player took all four areas in the Twilight Realm and killed Queen Midna they'd get the option to spare Midna or have her killed during the next turn - if you killed Queen Midna you'd lose out on her half of the roster and her remaining forces wouldn't join you including her unique custom hero Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una - if you on the other hand spared Midna then she'd disappear and would return 50 turns later as Imp-Midna with an army besieging your capital - but immediately after sparing Midna you'd get any remaining forces and heroes under her faction's control - including the Great Fairy Una.

2. If the Player played as Queen Midna in a campaign where Midna wins then he/she'd be starting with three out of four settlements in the Twilight Realm, and wouldn't be able to build the portal to Hyrule or recruit any diplomats prior to first taking Zant's Capital of Valran and having Prince Zant killed. She would start out with a bunch of troops including the Great Fairy Una as a custom hero. She wouldn't be able to recruit any of Zant's unique forces prior to his surrender. Whenever Zant was defeated then one turn thereafter she'd be given the option to spare his forces or having them killed - if she'd spare them she'd get access to all the troops still around of Prince Zant including the heroes Lady Middee the Cunning, Argorok the Dragon and Dark/General Onox - but only if they were still alive or had spawned in the first place - Zant's Shadow Bloat Pet Olg may also join Midna at Zant's surrender. She would also get to recruit the Zant-troops. If Queen Midna decided not to spare the forces of Prince Zant then she wouldn't be able to recruit any troops unique to Zant in the civil war, and she wouldn't get their heroes.

3. If the Player played as Queen Midna and lost the civil war then he/she'd be able to pick "yes" or "no" to Zant's offer of surrender - if she declined she'd be killed - and if she surrendered King Zant would spare Midna but would also banish her to Hyrule after transforming her into a foul Imp. As an Imp you'd start outside of Arbiter Grounds in the Gerudo Desert with three units of Repentants plus your own hero and a bodyguard of Repentants - four units in total - and you'd be able to hire mercenaries in Hyrule with the 9k you start out with and then your goal would be to build a mercenary army strong enough to conquer areas in Hyrule - after which you can recruit your own Midna-troops from settlements - then by taking Arbiter Grounds - a Gerudo area - you'd be able to build the portal automatically the turn after taking the region as it's constructed automatically if Midna takes Arbiter Grounds - and with the portal she could then invade the Twilight Realm and get revenge on King Zant and reconquer the Realm.

As this script wasn't at all finished she wouldn't turn back into Queen Midna/Princess Midna but she would get the option to spare Zant's forces after killing Zant and if any of his heroes were still alive they'd join her - the issue then would be that the heroes often had the wrong "Shadow Messengers"-bodyguard instead of the intended one.

4. The 4th gameplay-role the Forces of the Twilight did play in the 2021-release was that as the AI they'd fight out the Civil War over in the Twilight Realm, and after Midna had won she would be able to construct the portal to Hyrule which her units would use from time to time - the issue for Midna then became that the units just stood at the portal doing nothing - unable to move - or started to move until they reached the area opposite of the Twilight Realm on the map - in essence they were trying to go back to their settlements by land which was impossible and never did anything in Hyrule - as such Midna never had a role in Hyrule as the AI in the older releases.

What about King Zant? If Prince Zant won the Civil War he'd end up the same as Midna. If Queen Midna won then I did manage to make King Zant spawn with three full stacks and all his heroes invading Lynna City - the capital of Labrynna - and the spawn worked because as King Zant had no areas on the map he'd gladly take Lynna City and then try to hold it. But the script wasn't perfect - first of all he spawned when he should have been dead - as he had lost the war. I would say I made that script probably because I wanted a Twilight faction in Hyrule and didn't know a better way on how to solve the problems with the Twilight Factions doing nothing in Hyrule when having areas in the Realm.

The Forces of the Twilight lacked new strat-map models for their heroes and only got a new generic general in March 2021 - needless to say a lot of improvements were needed for the Forces of the Twilight. At first I converted all their strat-models for their agents and their heroes, and then I tackled the scripts starting with the heroes:

19. - Una the Brave - Great Fairy in the Service of Queen Midna - Will Join King Zant at Midna's Surrender

Una did join Prince Zant at Midna's surrender already, but she'd spawn with a generic strat-map model and with the wrong bodyguard (Shadow Messengers) instead of the Una-model) and with no traits - this was due to using the same name for both spawns of her character - I had to add a new script with a new name "Una_Zanti" in order to solve the issue with her spawning without traits, without a name and with the wrong strat-map model and bodyguard.

After giving her new script a unique name for Zant then she worked fine - even though she'll still spawn with the wrong bodyguard and strat-map model immediately after the player is clicking "yes" to sparing Queen Midna's troops - one turn later she'll re-spawn with her proper bodyguard, name, working traits and her own strat-map model - so it's alright if she has a generic model on the map and the wrong bodyguard (Shadow Messengers) immediately after surrendering - you need to wait one turn for her to re-spawn before she can get her proper model and bodyguard.

20. - Imp-Midna Restoration Script - Will become Queen Midna again

In any older version of the mod Imp-Midna couldn't return to her old form again - in other words you could never return her to how she used to look prior to becoming an Imp at the hands of King Zant.

I've added a new script called "Imp-Midna Restoration Script" which aimed to add that feature - when you have re-conquered the Twilight Realm from King Zant and are holding all four areas in the Realm - and if King Zant/Prince Zant is dead - then you'd turn back into Queen Midna one turn thereafter - this is a new script for the 2023-release of the mod. You'd get the option to spare Zant's forces at the same turn and this is the old script.

If you decided to spare his forces then once again the heroes of King Zant would spawn with generic models on the map, the wrong names and no traits - all of them needed new scripts with new names for the Imp-Midna Restored surrender in order to solve this - as such I've added multiple scripts with the same content for the Twili/Zanti heroes with different code-names for the characters based on the situation when they spawn.

21. - Una the Brave - Great Fairy in the Service of Queen Midna - Will Join Imp Midna as she is restored to Queen from Imp

I then added the same script as for Una if she is alive and fighting for King Zant, as I had done for Una if she is alive and fighting for Queen Midna - when King Zant has surrendered or been spared by the Restored Imp-Midna who is now Queen Midna again - she'd join the Restored Queen Midna with working traits, the correct bodyguard and her own strat-map model one turn after the surrender.

22. - - Lady Middee the Cunning - Bonemold Monk in the Service of Prince Zant - Will Join Queen Midna at Zant's Death

A similar script for Lady Middee if Prince Zant is killed.

23. - Lady Middee the Cunning - Bonemold Monk in the Service of Prince Zant - Will Join Imp Midna at Zant's Death

And the one for Queen Midna if she has been restored, so the first one will make Lady Middee join Queen Midna if Prince Zant is killed in the Civil War - and the 2nd one for Imp-Midna will make her join Queen Midna in the late-game if Imp-Midna has been restored to Queen and killed King zant.

Lady Middee of course must be alive for her to join Queen Midna - the same is true for the other heroes.

24. - Dark/General Onox - Swimming Dragon - Will Join Queen Midna at Zant's Death

Self-explanatory - the following scripts will be the exact same for the rest of the Zanti-heroes.

25. - Dark/General Onox - Swimming Dragon - Will Join Imp Midna at Zant's Death

26. - Argorok the Dragon - Flying Dragon - Will Join Queen Midna at Zant's Death

27. - Argorok the Dragon - Flying Dragon - Will Join Imp Midna at Zant's Death

28. - Zant's Shadow Bloat Pet Olg - Loyal Pet of Prince Zant - Will Join Queen Midna at Zant's Death

29. - Zant's Shadow Bloat Pet Olg - Loyal Pet of Prince Zant - Will Join Imp Midna at Zant's Death

30. - Midna-Link - The Hero of Hyrule - Will Join Imp Midna at Arbiter Grounds

Midna-Link will spawn automatically two turns after Imp-Midna at the same location outside of Arbiter Grounds.

31. - Twili Portal Midna/Zant Reinforcements AI Only - Garrison Script for spawning AI armies when their areas in Hyrule are under siege!

Midna and Zant starts out with one area each in Hyrule - Arbiter Grounds for Midna (this will give her the portal at the start) and Sand Crab Cove for zant - he also has his Valran-settlement model in use there now so there is one Twili settlement in Hyrule, as he needed something better than a village to be able to spawn an army - if the enemy could attack immediately the garrison wouldn't have time to spawn as it needed at least one turn to activate.

Each of these areas only have one unit inside of the weakest Twili Infantry - as the player the garrison script won't activate so you will likely lose the areas and be forced to reconquer them later.

As the AI however a grand army will spawn for both Zant and Midna against anyone who dares besiege the area. If Zant surrenders Midna will get his settlement in Hyrule and his armies, and if Midna surrenders Zant will get her settlement in Hyrule and her armies.

So the Forces of the Twilight needed an area in Hyrule to be able to function on the continent as a faction if they have areas at the same time in the Twilight Realm - now they will in Midna's case use the portal and move back and forth to the Realm thanks to holding Arbiter Grounds, for Zant having Sand Crab Cove means that if Zant spawns in Hyrule then his armies will go there and then try to defend Sand Crab Cove and even expand out from there - instead of simply trying to go back to the Twilight Realm like both Twili factions would do without a region in Hyrule.

32. - Queen Midna & Una Victorious Invasion Spawn - Will Spawn in Hyrule - Queen Midna has an elite army

If Queen Midna wins the Civil War gainst Prince Zant over in the Twilight Realm as the AI then she will spawn the next turn in Hyrule commanding a full stack of her best troops including Armos Warriors - Twili Golems - a unit with 30 defence that couldn't be recruited by her during the civil war - the Great Fairy Una will also spawn in Hyrule - this will make sure that Midna will take part in Hyrule's wars in the 2023-release as long as she wins the civil war - no more Queen Midna doing nothing and being stuck in the Twilight Realm for the entirety of the campaign - she finally works.

33. - King Zant's Invasion Script - Will Spawn in Hyrule - King Zant + Heroes with huge stacks

- In the 2021-release King Zant would spawn if Queen Midna won the civil war as the AI - this is no longer the case. In the 2023-release Prince Zant has to win for the Zant-invasion spawn to trigger - in essence it's the same armies spawning - King zant, Lady Middee the Cunning and general Validna - each with a full stack of elite troops - and then the single-unit entities Olg, the Shadow Bloat pet of Zant, Argorok the Dragon and Dark/General Onox - spawning alone without any troops - they'd spawn if Prince Zant is holding all four areas in the Twilight Realm, if Queen Midna has been killed and if Sand Crab Cove over in Hyrule is still under Zant's control. As such they won't spawn if Sand Crab Cove has been lost - but hopefully the garrison-script will prevent the region from falling too soon.

Of course both invasions are AI-only. King zant will only spawn if Prince Zant is victorious.

And that's the scripts added to the February 25th, 2023 release of the mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 01, 2023 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Mistakes in the spelling, and I had forgotten the new Princess Zelda's for some factions!

- The Havamal

Hello everyone, so on March 4th, 2023 I did release a patch/fix for the mod which included:

2023-03-04 - Fixing done to the mod!

- Malmord - the Keeper of Fate - I've implemented a final hero to the mod - Undead Azrily - she will spawn post turn 96 as long as Azrily is dead. In the Hyrule Historia Campaign the Sheikah spawns at turn 94 or so - so I needed to place Undead Azrily later than turn 94 or she'd spawn prior to Azrily in that campaign.

- Glitched Veran in hotseat when playing multiple factions or taking control of Labrynna in the middle of the game has been fixed.

-Glitched Zanti-portal - When you won against Queen Midna and built the portal to Hyrule the portal in Hyrule outside of Arbiter Grounds wouldn't work and would actually be two generic generals with the name and picture of the portal - and one out of the two wouldn't have working traits or a name - I've fixed this.

In single player there were no issues with the portal - in hotseat the fact the name of the portal where the same for both Midna and Zant did cause these issues.

- Reverted Cavalry - needless to say I did revert the cav-recruitment to how it were in the 2021 release - only available from Lon-Lon Ranch.

- Bongo-Bongo and Bongo existing at the same time-issue - Fixed in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns - she'll only spawn post turn-94 if Bongo is killed.

- - Triforce Vanguards available from the Temple of Time - They're available for the Church of Majora and for the Kingdom of Hyrule.

- Hero Abilities - I've added Hero Abilities to 99% of all heroes - actually 100% but one or two might have a glitched one still. The idea was that every hero should have a suitable hero ability and if I didn't have unique ones then they should use whatever suits them best - expect every hero for every faction to have hero abilities in battle.

- Twili recruitment fixed - I've fixed many issues with the Zanti/Midna recruitment of units from the other side.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/03/04

Hyrule Historia Videos:

Gameplay-Videos of the 2020-release as the Labrynna Regime (latest 2023 videos):

Gameplay-Videos of the March 4th 2023 release:

Mod-issues explained in videos from May 2023:

Hyrule Historia Campaign Intro, Win and defeat-Videos remade in May 2023:

Mod Updates since March 2023 until the end of May 2023 - the latest videos from July 2023:

Young/General Rutela Strat-Map Model fixed - I had mistakenly deleted the entry!

Young Rutela or General Rutela of the Zora spawned as Priestess Telara instead of as herself. I had mistakenly deleted her entry in the traits-file and from all the connected files thinking it was a copy of the oridinary Rutela-entry - I were out of slots and did delete a bunch of multiple entries of the same strat-map models used by different factions, or supposed to be used by different ones.

So I had been surprised playing the mod and seeing Priestess Telara spawn in the early game - even more surprising was the fact when I saw she was Young/General Rutela.

I've fixed the issue by re-adding the missing code for her strat-map model.

Of course the mod is not save-game compatible when using these changes. The only fix since March 4th, 2023 is the fix of Young Rutela on the map.

Fixed Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una Spawn for Zant!

1. Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una didn't get her proper model on the map and in battle as Prince Zant after Queen Midna had been killed.

- The reason was the coordinates of the spawn, I changed them back to how they were for another Una-spawn and she worked. A dude had reported her not working like back in March. I didn't listen because she worked in February after extensive testing. But I seem to have messed up her coordinates like in the final minutes before the release.

- Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una will spawn with her proper model both in battle and on the map one turn after Queen Midna has been killed - she'll spawn outside of Sand Crab Cove in Hyrule.

Fixed Twili Portal as Queen Midna in Hotseat Single-Player!

3. Glitched Twili Portal when playing as Queen Midna, as the portal turns into a generic general which can't be used as a portal whenever Prince Zant's forces have been spared!

- Fixed - it's suggested to never play more than 26 out of 28 factions in hotseat - excluding the Sheikah and one of the Twilight factions - you can play as the Sheikah though if you don't care about clicking "yes" or "no" multiple times.

- Never play as both Midna and Zant or the "Twili Portal Glitch" will mess up the portal and you won't be able to move anyone from the Twilight Realm after Zant's forces have been spared - it's only fixed when you play one Twilight faction.

-In order to avoid multiple Link spawning in a multiplayer/hotseat campaign just select the Kingdom of Hyrule only and wait at least until turn 5 before you use the cheat console to use the "control faction" cheat in order to take control over the others - you can find the code-names of each faction in the descr_strat which you can open with notepad++ - generally most factions are named things like "Hylian", "Gerudo" etc with a few exceptions - the Oocca are named the "papal_states", the Wild Animals are named "saxons" and the Ancient Hylians are named "herooftime".

New Princess-animations/more diplomats:

6. The Hylian Diplomat shared with Horon, the Zora Diplomat, the Ordonian Diplomat, the Fairy Diplomat and the fairy Mad Mystics Merchant all have the princess-animation now - which is an alternate animation for the diplomats making them walk like ladies and speak to people like ladies - it was previously in use only by the Gerudo Diplomat.

- I simply thought it fit these diplomats better.

6. The Tokay Diplomat is back on the map, and instead the Stalfos Priest, which was only available from Kakariko anyway - a region the Stalfos would never take as the AI - have been removed instead.

7. The Subrosian, Huskus and Zuna factions all have diplomats now - the Subrosian share the Goron Diplomat, the Huskus Remnants share the Kokiri Korok Diplomat and the Zuna shares the Darknut Legion Diplomat - all the minor factions needed diplomats because they do have a unique script allowing the player to get all their regions, heroes and troops on the map + plus gaining the ability to recruit their troops from any region that they hold at the time of the "assimilation" if they ally the player and stay allied for 10 turns.

- Sending a diplomat to the minor factions and asking for an alliance would often get ignored or declined - it's much easier if the AI is the one sending a diplomat to you as that happened to me with the Zuna in an older release back when they had Zuna Diplomats - an agent removed due to me reaching a hardcoded limit of strat-models that the file descr_model_strats can have - by handing diplomats to all the minor factions they will now be able to ask the player for an alliance instead which allows the player to simply accept or decline.

The old Stalhounds have been Replaced with the 4.6 mount! + Rosa moved to Hyrule:

4. The Stalfos Stalhounds light infantry unit couldn't attack in a prolonged melee and just stood there doing nothing - they could kill a few enemies in the charge but then ended up just getting cut down by the enemy without doing anything!

- I've fixed the issue by replacing the old model of the Stalhounds with a new Hyrule: Total War 4.6 model instead - the new model is a mount or heavy cavalry/beast unit - instead of having one model for the unit it has a mount-body and a rider-head - this new Stalhounds-unit is counted as heavy cavalry and is way more effective when charging at the enemy as it can take out almost an entire unit in its charge, and it will also be better in autoresolves due to being a heavy cav unit - it still has issues in a prolonged melee in this submod unlike in version 4.6 despite using the same animations and entries - it is not perfect but it can use it's head to kill enemies in a melee despite not doing it a lot.

- The new V.4.6 Stalhounds is a much more effective unit.

- I had to remove a mount in order to implement the new Stalhounds, as simply replacing the old Stalhounds weren't possible as they were infantry - I did remove the "Ordonian Horse" and gave them the "Epona Horse" in use by Malon and the Mounted Recruits of the Kingdom of Hyrule instead - I were out of free slots in the descr_mounts-file and had to remove a mount in order for the new Stalhounds to be implemented.

5. I've moved the leader of the Subrosian faction - Rosa the Harsh - to the mainland Hyrule from the start as the AI would never leave the Subrosian Underground, and would also never go there - in essence rendering Rosa an enemy of the player only when going to Subrosia - now instead she'll spawn in Hyrule for the AI and will partake in the battles there.

- Rosa the Harsh has a custom model both in battle and on the map - it was a waste for her not to be in Hyrule.

Glitched Rebel Generals in battle fixed, Diplomats for Imp Midna + OP Plowers:

9. Glitched generals for the "Rebels" or the "Slave faction" - they used the "Wild Life" Aracha animation causing all the humanoid rebel generals to look horrendously glitched - a player mentioned how the Keaton Baron Halthor had a T-pose..

- Fixed - I've replaced the "saxons"-line with the "slave"-line so now these rebel generals in battle will use the Hylian Human skeleton as their skeleton and not the aracha. Halthor, Wazkora, Mahxhai, Hylian/Sheikah Rebel Generals etc have all been fixed and will look fine in battle now.

10. Imp-Midna couldn't recruit any diplomats in her campaign!

- This has been fixed, and I've also removed an obsolete recruitment-line for Zant's diplomats based on an older script that is no longer present in the mod.

- Imp-Midna will now be able to recruit/hire Diplomats from an Embassy like most other factions.

- In order to play as Imp-Midna you'd need to lose against Prince Zant in the Civil War and then accept his "surrender terms" - King Zant will get all her regions, heroes and troops - but he will spare her transforming her into a foul Imp and sending her to Hyrule - where she will spawn immediately upon clicking "yes" to the surrender together with two units of Repentants next to Arbiter Grounds - Link will spawn one or two turns later and they'll have access to 9k rupees for which they can hire mercenaries or recruit troops if they conquer areas.

11. Deku Scrub Heavy Cavalry Elephants - the "Plowers" had extremely few numbers after being nerfed too much back in the spring of 2019 - they could hardly defeat one unit of the Gerudo's weakest troops!

- This has been fixed - they're back at having 25 mounts/elephants in a unit instead of their old 11 - and they do have 150 riders instead of their old 10 or so - expect the unit to be a powerful unit in the Deku Scrubs roster.

- The Plowers can plow through enemies and can easily cut down 150 infantry of the enemy in comparison to their own number of 50 losses when the unit is down.

Ancient Trebuchets & Loftwing Cavaliers to the Wizzrobes!

12. Forgotten Changes of the previous February 25th 2023 release!

- The Order of the Wizzrobe did get access to the Ancient Trebuchets, a unit that used to be available to the Kingdom of Hyrule from Vigjaro in previous releases - the Wizzrobe Capital - but that is now unique to the Order - the Order of the Wizzrobe as such has two siege engines like most other factions now.

- Loftwing Cavaliers - Light Cavalry of Hylian Mages riding the extinct bird-mount called the Loftwing - it didn't make sense to not use the unit just because it's extinct in Neph's lore - it's far too cool a unit for that - plus the Order of the Wizzrobe did lack cavalry.

- Together with the "Wizzrobe Hylian Knights" this means that the Order of the Wizzrobe now has 2 Siege Engines, Light Ranged Cavalry and a heavy Infantry unit - in older releases they only had one Siege Engine and they completely lacked in cavalry and in heavy infantry.

- The Kingdom of Hyrule can recruit the "Windtribe Soldiers" as a bonus from the Fairy Capital if they ever go there and take it - this were also in the February 25th update without being mentioned.

Mod development-Videos from July 2023:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 26, 2023 at 10:44 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/03/04

Discord-link added with WIP-release at the discord.

Join the Discord at (new link): https://discord.gg/NW2NZddfNq

M2TWEOP-TOOL and instructions on how to fix an issue with a small screen on Windows 10:

- ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED FOR THE STEAM-VERSION OF MEDIEVAL 2 ON WIN 10:

I tried it on Windows 7 - no issues, I tried it with the CD-version on Windows 10 - no issues - But according to the creators of the tool it is required to change some stuff for the Steam-version on Win 10 in order to prevent the screen from being too small.

You do need to right-click on the Medieavl2.exe/Kingdoms.exe and change some things in the compatibility mode. It will also need to be done with the tools .exe file.

- This is due to the scaling settings in windows 10.

"You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application""

"This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application"

Download Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - (Strat-Model Overhaul 100% Done) - Mod DB

This tool has fixed the giants in Third Age DCI, Warcraft: Total War etc - even on windows 7 it might make battles more stable as certain battles do crash on 7 as well - but not due to the giants. However, I do believe that with the Win 7 version it's easier to start the mod as firewalls/security programs of Win 10 might treat the tool as a virus - as such you should de-activate your firewall/security programs or make an exception for the tool if it's treated as a virus by your security - which it is not.

It's a tool that modifies the games .EXE while the game is running. Such tools are often mistaken for viruses by modern windows security. With this tool you'd still need to install the mod like written in the installation-article - but now you'll also need to start the mod through the tool.

I have uploaded a video on how to do this, which is very easy - and this is the article about the latest release and the tool. To use the tool you just need to right-click the tools .exe with your mouse and run the tool as an administrator. Then the UI of the tool should be pretty self-explanatory. I would suggest not to use all the features of the tool due to the game becoming less stable the more features you are using. The features I'd use are the ones I think will be activated for you as well.

You can place ancillaries at 32 only if you wish to modify the mod and add more ancillaries to each character - the old limit was 8, you can place religions at 12 if you want more religions - the old number was 10 - otherwise I'd suggest not to use these as they might still affect the mod negatively as they are increasing the limits of the game. These options might be activated from the start so you could return them to 10 and 8 respectively if you want to. There is a button named "Click Me" - if you click on it you'll get information about the program, things you shouldn't do unless you want a crash and shortcuts to certain features like for example being able to zoom-out enormously on the map, highlighting all the troops and other stuff. You do need to place the anti-aliasing through the tools UI before starting up the mod - place it at 8 for the maximum quality. If you change this inside of the game using the tool the game is going to crash.

On the right-side of the tools UI are many options - I would only have a few activated - those are the "berserks-fix" which will enable the berserker ability from Rome: Total War to work on the units - you'll just have to hand out the "berserk"-attribute to the units you wish to go berserk in the Export_descr_units-file - in the vanilla Medieval 2 game and in mods not using the new M2TWEOP-tool this attribute would crash as soon as the units entered a battle on the battlefield - this feature will be useful in Viking-based mod and for the Uruk-Hai Berserkers in Third Age I am sure, then I would activate the "Unlock Console Command" feature of the tool - which will enable all the console command codes in the mod and finally I would activate the "creatures-fix" which will fix the skeleton of all the elephant-based units in the mod - such as Fi, Ghirahim, King Ganon, Demise, Majora himself etc - this is the main feature I wanted in this submod due to players reporting that units like Majora and Fi have crashed for them during battle immediately upon starting the battle. This fix will make it possible to play with all these units in both the campaign and in the custom battles. If you play custom you can have an army of Majora's versus an army of Ghirahim's or Demise's - the point is that giants will no longer crash to the desktop. I'm pretty sure that other reasons for CTD during battle will be fixed as well

About the installation of the mod: Read the article on the following link, or you can watch the video below about installing both versions of the mod and using the M2TWEOP (Medieval 2 Total War Engine Overhaul Project)-tool:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-both-versions

Link to the Total War Center-page of the Tool where it can be downloaded for usage in other mods and projects:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15891171

- Credit for the tool should be given to Youneuoy and Jojo00182.

You still need to patch both .exe-files with the 4gb patch before starting up the mod or any battle will crash.

Installation: (Steam)

1. You need to go into the folder named "Medieval II Total War" and then copy the file named "medieval2.exe" - then rename the copied file to kingdoms.exe. This is needed or the mod won't launch with Steam.

2. You do need to patch the medieval2.exe and the kingdoms.exe with a program named "4gb patch" found at this link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-...raft-total-war

3. It's a program, extract it anywhere on your computer, then run it as an administrator - then browse to both .exe-files inside of the "Medieval II Total War"-folder and select one of them and click on "patch" - then repeat the process with the other one.

4. You need to have just one folder named "Hyrule" as in "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule - and then You'll start it by double-cllicking the M2TWEOP-file of the mod after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla" .

5. With the CD instead it would be "D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Hyrule - and you'll still start it by double-clicking on the M2TWEOP-file after which you'd click the "start Mod"-button and not "Start Vanilla".

Also, download the Medieval2.Preference-file that i did upload on here & place in the main Medieval II Total War folder - replacing the old file there. This will enable you to play defensive battles in hotseat, as well as prevent a bug causing CTD when clicking buildings on the campaign - it will also make FMV's work.

Features of the new updated version of "Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate" will be described below:

13. Slow replenishment-time of 10 turns for the "area-of-recruitment-units" of the Sky City/Seshei, Korkuloki (Volvagian capital), Picoroue Ruins (Minish Capital), Vigjaro (Hyrule regional Hylian Wizzrobe units) and Kakariko (Sheikah regional Units for Hyrule)!

- Sky City/Seshei Units will now take 5 turns until a unit is available for recruitment again - this is for other factions than the Oocca - the Replenishment-time is down to 5 from 10 turns, besides this I've done the same to any regional area-of-recruitment-unit - like the Volvagian Clutch Queens available from Korkuloki, the Minish Armos available from Picoroue Ruins etc, and I've done it to any unit that had 10 turns in-between recruitment availability except for the mercenaries..

- Ancient Mages, Loftwing cavaliers and Armoured Acolytes for the Kingdom of Hyrule have also had their replenishment-time lowered to 5 from 10 - at least any unit out of these that had 10 has been lowered. They're only available after you take the area from the Order of the Wizzrobe - you won't get them if you haven't first fought and defeated the Order - in the Hyrule Histoia campaign this means that they won't be available even if you hold Vigjaro until after the Wizzrobes have spawned.

- Sheikah regional Recruitment units for Hyrule have also had their replenishment-time lowered from 10 turns to 5 turns.

- Sheikah Elite units - the Blood Knights and the Devoured - available only when playing the Battle Stance and recruitable from Kakariko Village - has had their replenishment-time lowered from 10 to 5 turns as well.

14. Increased Replenishment-time for the static Defensive units of the Zora, the Gorons and the Fairies - the Zora Spire, the Goron Bomb Platforms and the Perception Ward of the Fairies of Tarm!!

- The Kokiri Barricades and the Labrynna Gunner Posts had previously been nerfed by increasing their replenishment-time from 5 turns to 10 turns, for some reason I had forgotten to hand out the same changes tot he Goron Bomb Platforms - hence why they're so common up until this release - the Zora Spire and the Fairy Perception Ward were re-implemented in the latest February 25th 2023 release of the mod and as such I'd forgotten to add the same nerf to them - in the new release of today I've increased the replenishment-time to 10 turns for all three of these really powerful defensive and static units - they'll be way less common in the campaign.

- The Gohma, the River Zora and the OOcca do not have diplomats - The Gohma wants to kill everybody, the River Zora wants to kill everybody and the Oocca doesn't want to speak to anyone in Hyrule due to thinking themselves superior being the gods of Hyrule.

- The Gohma have an alliance witht he Undead Stalfos because the girl Agitha made a temporary alliance with their leader Lord Akazoo - who raised her as a child after her parents died int he Gerudo Wars - and the River Zora are allied with King Zant/Prince Zant due to their secret leaders having a relationship with Zant and helping to construct the Twili Portals.

2023-07-18 - Patch released for the mod!

Changes? There are quite a few changes done.

1. General/Alive/Human Akazoo is playable as the player only in both of the Hyrule Historia-campaigns as the Kingdom of Hyrule. He is removed in the late-game when Lord (undead) Akazoo spawns for the AI. He is a custom hero with a unique custom battle-model. No custom strat-model - Due to the Kingdom of Hyrule being at the hardcoded limit on strat-map models that each faction can have. He is replacing Ikana-Link - Because Link was glitched in battle - The Ikanian generals had a taller skeleton.

2. I also hopefully fixed an issue where Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una spawned for both Zant and Midna in the same campaign.

3. The Hyrule Historia campaigns will see some changes to the heroes - Princess Zelda 5 is using the 4.6 model in both Hyrule Historia-campaigns - I've replaced the old Zelda V with 4.6 Zelda 5 there, Link has changed in battle in all the campaigns for two factions - 4.6 Adult Link/Young Link is used for the Wizzrobe in battle - The old green Link is unique to the Ordona Province - 4.6 Older Link with a beard is used by the Kingdom of Hyrule in battle, Impa is using the 4.6 model in the service of the Kingdom of Hyrule as the player only in all the campaigns - as Hyrule doesn't use her strat-model unlike the Sheikah,

4. Lana/Cia have a new bodyguard - Cia used the Illusionists in the past who are infantry, Lana used the "Armored Acolytes" - a mix between a weaker mage and medium infantry - The Hero Carock already used the Illusionists as his bodyguard, and the hero Link used the Armored Acolytes since the 2023 release of February 25th - as such I felt that neither Cia nor Lana should use these same bodyguards - Cia is Lana at a later stage in the story, and Lana is a younger version of Cia - as I didn't want one to be over powered compared to the other I had no choice but to give the same bodyguard to both, and Lana had a bodyguard of "Hylian Wizards" in v.4.6 of Hyrule: Total War - I've added the older iteration of this same unit to both of these heroes! So they're actal mages now - wizards who can fire deadly beams at enemies - Lana is only in the Hyrule Historia-Campaigns and Cia only in the FreeForm Campaigns.

5. Venus and Morsheen (4.6 Veran who looks very different from the old Veran and looked a bit more like Morsheen) aren't real generals due to having unique custom animations that would cause them to glitch out as generals. I had at first added Morsheen as a real general.. Due to said glitch I changed her to an officer but I didn't like how she would die if the generic general died.. In the end I decided to add her and Venus as normal units similar to the Maku Tree of Horon. No traits and no hero abilities. But They're custom officers. This means that they're unique units. Venus the Mad is the Queen of the Mad Mystics - An elite female Fairy unit in the roster of the Fairies of Tarm - A really hot model too - Neph did an awesome job - None of them have strat-map models as they're not true generals - They do have command - Units near them will get increased morale - They do also scare infantry and cavalry - They can escape from battles - They can fly over rivers, At least Venus can - So Morsheen is the third Great Fairy of the Twilight Realm - She was added to QUEEN Midna, who now starts out with Queen Midna herself, Una the Brave and Morsheen - While Veran is in Labrynna or the Fairies of Tarm depending on the faction played - Morsheen is pretty much the 4.6 version of Veran, as We didn't have a Morsheen model, but she looks very different - If Queen Midna surrenders to Prince Zant then Morsheen will join with Prince Zant - and if Imp Midna is ever restored to the throne and forces King Zant's surrender then she'll join the restored Queen Midna - as long as the unit still exists of course - I've added the unit for both Zant and Midna, but she won't join Prince Zant unless Queen Midna surrenders and only if the unit is still alive - due to her being a unit instead of a general (with the hero being an officer - no script was needed for this, and all I needed to do was add the unit for both factions - I decided on this option when I realized how much easier it would be to implement.

6. The Forces of the Twilight can recruit Wraths of Majora (The Majora female officer unit) from the Majora Church of Uzu. In the Hyrule Historia Majora aided Veran and Morsheen with all five spawns of Majora. I decided only on one unit - Because it's the chosen bodyguard of Morsheen, Morsheen isn't a giant like old Veran - She is twice as tall as a normal human, but counts as a normal unit- Not a single-entity unit.

7. All religious pre-requisites for the Church of Majora to recruit Majora Spawns/Demons are gone, It was unfair as the Oocca has priests that are maxed-out - And there were a bug causing the Majora Priest-unit to increase the wrong faith in any region which was entirely unintended - I just decided to remove the religious prerequisites altogether. The Church of Majora underperformed anyway - Players wrote to me stating that they can't recruit the demons because the faith decreases until it's gone entirely. Now instead they will always be available after you construct the Majora Churches as the Church of Majora. The Twilight factions only got one Majora-demon unit.

8. I had to remove one unit - the Ampilus Crabs in use by the Wild Animals - a faction with only like four garrisons on the map and two of these were the Ampilus Crabs in Mothulus or the Sunken City - these places now have Zora Infantry instead - as I had to remove the unit in order to re-implement the old entry for the Fairy Queen Hero of the Fairies of Tarm - she had been horrendously glitched as a general due to being too small for the Fairy General's generic animation and skeleton - by re-implementing the old EDU-entry from HTW 3.6 released in 2014 I did manage to solve her issue and she is now looking great again - but she isn't the general - she is an officer while the real general is the generic one in the unit - if the generic one dies the unit will also die - and the Fairy Queen can as such die without the unit dying as she isn't the de-facto general in battle. It was the only way to not have her T-posing.

9. Speaking of removing units, I also had to remove two units - the Wild Aruroda and the Wild Aracha - from the Wild Animals because I needed those slots for the previously mentioned heroes Morsheen of the Twilight Realm and Venus of the Fairies. I did also remove the giant Moldarach at the same time - a cavalry unit - as I simply thought these units - while cool - where a waste as the Wild Animals can't recruit in the game, cannot act, they will only ever stay passive wherever they are and they only had one army with the Moldarach giant scorpion leading it while the rest being made up of smaller Wild Arachas and Arurodas - while the battle was fun (I played it back in January when I playtested as the Lanayru Privince) they're only seen once and then theyä're gone from the game -I felt that two of the slots were better used for the heroes who needed slots in the EDU-file or they'd also bug out as the general in battle due to having custom skeletons or custom animations that didn't fit with the factions generic general - as for the Moldarach I instead wanted to add a new cavalry unit to the game for one of the playable factions. It didn't make sense to add them to the Gohma, the Lanayru or the River Zora - even though I had almost added them to the River Zora back in February until I changed my mind due to these creatures being too wild and ferocious. And the Moldarach was said to be one single creature.

10. The Sheikah now have their first cavalry-unit-the Devoured Bongo - basically many smaller versions of the monstrosity known as Bongo-Bongo - it's a Heavy Cavalry unit and it lost against the Stallhounds of the Stalfos Undead - however I do believe that these units are more effective against enemy infantry where they do steamroll the enemy - but they're not that good against other cavalry! The new unit is also available to the Church of Majora should they ever conquer Kakariko and construct the right building - it might even be available from other "Sheikah"-areas like Naldoriko, Sorkariko, and Malkariko.

11. Lastly I've replaced a bunch of really small Unit_Info cards of factions such as the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Ordona Province, the Sheikah Cadre, the Zora, the Gerudo, the Zuna, the Lizalfos and the Darknuts - so in the oldest versions of Hyrule Total War - essentially version 2.0 - there were Agent Cards for some of the older agents that were in the same resolution and size as the unit_info cards for the units of all the factions - these cards were simply too big for the ramification - but in HTW 4.6 there were slightly adjusted and smaller agent pictures of the more recent models from the year 2015 and onwards by Neph, in the old 3.6 version and probably since 3.3 the unit_info cards had also been made smaller than in 2.0 but they're simply too small - I've re-added the 2.0 cards and given them the same size as for the 4.6 cards - unfortunately there were a few agents that never got the huge cards so they're unchanged still.

2023-07-22 - Patch/Update released!

1. Changes to the Crusades/Cleansings -
    All the Sages moved to the upper-left corner of the map, Demoko, The First Sage of Time/the Pope moved there as well with his battle-model as he is immortal unless killed in battle, the Council of Sages divided up between the Crusading/Cleansing factions.

2. Four (4) New Crusading/Cleansing Catholic/Goddess Worshipping factions - the Kokiri, the Gorons, the Zora and the Lanayru Province - they're joining the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Sheikah, the Ordona Province, the Gerudo, the Huskus Remnants and the Oocca.

I've specifically handpicked 10 settlements for the Cleansings (Crusades in this mod are called Cleansings) by handing out the "Crusade" Hidden resource to the regions in the descr_regions-file. Without doing this the game would randomly pick 10 settlements instead which may cause the AI to pick regions in the Twilight Realm that can't be invaded by the AI anyway.

I've picked 10 regions based on Neph's Hyrule Historia videos and overall lore. Some were chosen if they're deemed a threat to the Goddess Worshipping factions such as the Labrynna Regime, the Deku Tribes or the Darknut legion!

The settlements at the top are the most prioritized and then the AI would pick the ones below. If a settlement is held by one of their 10 factions it won't be crusaded/cleansed against because it's already under their occupation/influence - the point of the Cleansings is to take over said settlements and have them ruled by a faction of the right fate.

At the top of the priority-list is the Capital of the Church of Majora, then the Capital of Ikana, then the Arbiter Grounds settlement which holds the portal to the Twilight Realm and is the seat of Queen Midna in Hyrule, Sorkariko which is the new Capital of the Undead Stalfos, Demise - the Capital of the Moblins and so on, if these areas are held by friendly troops they're seen as non-targets for the Cleansings.

Following Demise on place 6 is Lynna City - the Capital of the Labrynna Regime that may pose a threat to the Kingdom of Hyrule and others in the late-game, then the Grand Central Hive - the Capital of the Gohma Spiders - the seat of Sulkaris, the Fallen Sage who is behind the Infestations (Jihads in this mod are called infestations) against the factions loyal to the Goddesses, then we have Ontheon - the Capital of the powerful Darknut legion - a faction that may pose a serious threat to any other faction in the late game, then Tarm Ruins - the Capital of the Fairies of Tarm - another dangerous faction in the late-game and finally we have Deku Prime - Capital of the Deku Scrubs - they may be small but they shouldn't be underestimated - they too may pose a severe threat in the late-game due to their numbers.

3. Jihads/Infestations properly implemented for the first time in this mod, as in older versions of my submod the Infestations were in the files to some degree but couldn't be called as the Gohma Amplifiers/Priests lacked the Piety levels to call an Infestation - they need 4-5 Piety to call an Infestation but only had 0 Piety - I've added 7 Gohma Grand Amplifiers to the lower-right corner with 5 Piety - enough to call an Infestation.

The Islam religion is the "Will of the Gohma"-religion in this mod, and the Gohma were allies of Lord Akazoo of the undead Stalfos - I've added the Islamic/"Will of the Gohma"-religion to the Stalfos replacing the "Atheism"-religion previously used by them and Labrynna - instead they will now be able to cooperate with the Gohma in the Infestations. Seven Stalfos Grand Necromancers have been moved to the lower-right corner of the map - they can also call Infestations.

If you as the Player is playing as the Gohma then you can select one of your Gohma Grand Amplifiers and then select their "Call Infestation"-button - which will take you to a screen where you get to pick 10 capitals to call an Infestation upon - these are random unless you hand out the "jihad"-trait to 10 specific regions/settlements - that's what I have done, and as such all the settlements available are accurate to Hyrule Historia lore. After calling an Infestation the Stalfos AI will also join it - meaning you get to direct their armies through the Infestations.

If you play as the Stalfos you can instead do the same thing using the Grand Necromancers - allowing you to direct the Gohma invasions through the Infestation-feature.

Of course the AI can also randomly invoke an Infestation, and they usually do it post-turn 50 after a Cleansing/Crusade has already commenced and when it is about to end.

So there are 10 Cleansing factions, and 2 Infestation factions.

Jihad/Infestation Settlements/Targets specifically chosen, so the Infestation factions are the Gohma (Spiders) and the Stalfos (Undead) - their level 2 Priests in the lower-right corner can call Infestations against 10 specifically chosen targets on the map. The targets are picked by handing out the "Jihad" Hidden Resource to the settlements/regions in question in the descr_regions-file - if this isn't done the AI/game/mod will randomly pick 10 settlements instead.

I've picked the most suitable settlements based on Neph's Hyrule Historia Videos or who they are likely to face in the mod. The settlement at the top of the list is the most prioritized, followed by the one below it etc.
    The most prioritized settlement for the Infestations is of course Deku Tree's Grove - the Capital of the Kokiri - the Children of the Forest - and the main enemy of the Gohma in the mod. Then we have Hyrule Prime - the Capital of the Kingdom of Hyrule and the seat of Princess Zelda, then we have Vigjaro - the Capital of the Order of the Wizzrobe - it was invaded by the Gohma in the Hyrule Historia videos - it's the seat of Hylia, the False Goddess and her army of mages, Following Vigjaro is Palagard's Sanctuary - the Capital of the Huskus Remnants - a faction with which the Gohma has a long-standing beef, Ontheon - the capital of the Darknut Legion - it's been replaced by the Goron Fire Temple - Death Mountain Crater.

Following the Goron Fire Temple - Death Mountain Crater - the Seat of Maphaeus - the First Sage of Fire & the Goddess of the Gorons, is Greshou (the Greshou Library) that the Gohma also did invade in Neph's videos - it's now a Lanayru Province settlement from the start - it's a Zora area, it's followed by the Sacred Forest Meadow - the Forest Temple - a settlement Sulkaris (the leader of the Gohma) will need to take if she wants her younger body back - but Saria needs to be killed as well, it's followed by Kakariko - the Capital of the Sheikah Cadre and the secret location of the Shadow Temple & its Goddess Evaleen, the First Sage of Shadows - it's replacing the Capital of the Lanayru Airu as a target - Airu is attacked by the Gohma anyway- the Stalfos get unique units here, followed by "Seshei" which is the "City in the Sky" using an old name because I couldn't change the names of regions in the mod without issues - it's the capital of the Oocca (the Pope Faction) which they also did invade in the videos and finally we have Malkariko that the Gohma also invaded in said videos - a Hylian castle and town - the Undead Stalfos are more than willing to aid in the killing so that they can get fresh corpses after the battle.

4. I've added Hero Abilities to quite a few heroes that I had missed out on previously - such as the AI-controlled versions of certain heroes, to the Minor Faction Heroes that I had ignored (they only get Hero Abilities as the AI, or if you play as their factions, but not if they assimilate into your faction).

5. I've fixed some bugs relating to the Pope/First Sage of Time, to the Order of the Wizzrobe in the Hyrule Historia Campaign and elsewhere.

6. I've re-implemented strat-models like the Stalfos Priest by removing the Lanayru Priestess which used a separate model from the Zora Priestess - and instead I've added that Priestess as a 2nd texture, the River Zora Diplomats are back, the Oocca has Liyer as their only Diplomat using a Sheikah Merchant strat-map model and Agitha is now also a Diplomat for the Gohma - their only Diplomat in the mod - of course she is both a general and a diplomat.

7. Ordona Province starts out with Timberfell and its garrison.

8. Queen Midna's army when she spawns after winning the civil war has been altered - she now has a Repentants bodyguard instead of the generic "Twili Infantry", and she has "Avatars of Majora"-Heavy Cavalry replacing three units of Twili-Armos, and has additional Spider Swarm-Cavalry.

Una the Brave/Great Fairy Una now also has a giant army when she spawns - made up of infantry including the deadly Twili-Armos.

I thought that Midna's spawn was too weak previously.

9. Venus, Queen of the Mad of the Fairies of Tarm, and Morsheen, Great Fairy Priest of the Twilight Realm - now have an increased Health Point number (hits they can take before dying) and they also have the "Very Hardy"-attribute added.

10. Mercenary Malon is a proper general instead of an officer - the model of Malon is the general now. She can be hired near Lon Lon Ranch by the Kingdom of Hyrule or the Ordona Province - only Ordona has her strat-map model on the map.

11. I've fixed certain bodyguards of characters and replaced the former ones.

12. I've made the Daira Marauders more common to recruit as Mercs for the Gerudo.

Oh, and all the Jihad-texts have been updated to fit this mod - I had to replace quite a few lines of text from Muslims and Jihad to Gohma, Infestations and Undead and their will to kill the living or consume them!
    2023-07-26 - Fixing done to the mod!

1. A glitch with Princess Zelda V in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns has been corrected, and it was very weird because I had made sure she looked fine on my other computer previously - all I can think of is that somehow the BMMDB-file got reverted so that she ended up using her 4.6 model with the 3.7 textures - this caused her to look horrible in battle - this has been fixed. I've also given her an Ironclad Elites Bodyguard (dismounted) because I didn't like how her cape looked on a horse.

2. All the new Unit_Info-cards of the New Agents (Priests, Assassins, Spies, Diplomats and Merchants) for the Church of Majora, the Oocca, the Fairies of Tarm, the Kingdom of Ikana and the two Forces of the Twilight factions - Midna and Zant -have been adjusted to the mods UI and are no longer too large to fit the UI of the mod.

3. The Diplomats of the Minor Factions (Subrosian, Huskus Remnants, Zuna and the Horonians) except the Tokay have been replaced in order for them to be using the soldiers/generals of their own factions instead of the most suitable patron like previously. These factions didn't have diplomats of their own and as such I had given the Subrosian faction a Goron-diplomat, the Huskus a Korok, the Zuna a Darknut and the Horonians a Hylian - only the Tokay had a real Tokay Diplomat! But later I ended up using Agitha as the Gohma diplomat despite her being a general using the animations of a general - this worked very well despite her not using the animations of a Diplomat or Princess - as such I got the idea to replace the diplomats with the soldiers/generals of their own factions. This means that there will be Zuna, Subrosian, Huskus and Horon Diplomats now who are from their actual race.

4. 90% of the stats in the mod have been returned to those of the 3.7 release of Hyrule: Total War - a version released in December 2014. I had managed to get a hold of it a few weeks back and got the idea to compare it with my build. The stats were quite different there for a bunch of units - expect all the crews to be fewer, the giants will have lower defence values (even though they'll still keep their projectiles and high attack-damage against walls), many units are weaker, some are stronger, a few have locked morale and others have lost theirs - the stats are like in Neph's original mod except in specific cases where I had improved on a unit specifically for gameplay reasons. The giants were too over powered and I felt they needed to be nerfed back to their old stats. It's true that they won't be bosses in the same way but they're still alright just easily killed by enemy ranged units - making it more important to protect them from archers, javeliners or crossbowmen.You'll find out which units have been nerfed and which ones are stronger.

5. The old stats will make sure that the Hyrule Historia Missions won't be impossible to beat. The bosses might be stronger due to their projectiles but they're now killable at least without mages or siege. They could be killed by arrows in the older version too but it required too many arrows - the giants might even be killable in melee now which is good for the Missions.

2023-07-27 - Fixing done to the mod!

- I had made a mistake, the first mistake was re-adding the old stats for the Twili Spiders as that made the unit into two (2) spiders again - I didn't know that this was a vanilla bug - the second issue was when I replaced the boring Twili Infantry bodyguard with the Repentants for Queen Midna- due to her having Spider Swarm cavalry in her army these spiders ended up stealing the bodyguard-slot from the Repentants - Queen Midna was invisible in battle as a result..

Needless to say I had to fix both issues and re-upload the mod again!

2023-08-03 - Fixing done to the mod + Game-play Changes!

1. The unit named as the "Kokiri Detatchment" no longer is using the civilian animation making the individual units walk around on their own when standing still - instead the unit is using the normal sword & shield animation it had previously. I had missed out on this unit when I were removing the civilian animation from a bunch of militia units in 2022, the reason being that the Kokiri Civilian Animation had a unique name.

2. All the regions in the descr_regions-file have been updated with the latest changes to the religions in the game and all the regions will now have the correct religion in them from the start.

3. The Labrynna Regime had a building which could train their priests named "Scholars" but these Scholars did spread no religion and the building wasn't connected to their religion "Paganism/Atheism" which caused this issue. I've added "Paganism" to their religious building including the religious bonuses given to the most advanced of religious buildings for other factions - this means that their building that can train Scholars/priests of Labrynna will now give religious bonuses in Atheism, and it's priests will be able to spread Atheism.

4. A bunch of factions had issues with their religions and their priests - the Goddess Worshipping factions of the Gerudo, Huskus, Gorons, Kokiri, the Zora and the Lanayru had a Goddess Statue or similar building that could be upgraded into a church, but the issue with this building was that I had added more than one religion to it - Orthodox/Patron Deity Worship, Catholic/Goddess Worship and I believe Lesser/Lesser Deity Worship - it would seem that only the first one worked, only one religion per building worked - so the priests of these factions were spreading the wrong Patron Deity-religion while their religious buildings were giving Patron Deity Worship - I've solved this by removing "orthodox" and "Lesser" so that the building will now only produce the Goddess Worship-religion - and its priests will spread the same, - then we also had a similar issue with the Darknuts/Zuna/Tokay/Subrosian and their religion Idolatry - which was wrongly using "Lesser Deity Worship" because the "Lesser"-religion shared the same building with the "Idolatry"-religion and was placed first in the line - I've moved these factions and their religion to their own buildings making it the only religion in use by the Darknut Buildings - this should have resolved the issue, the same issue was true for the Lizalfos who used the "Pantheon of Gods"-religion but got "Lesser Deity Worship" for the same reason - their priests and their religion has been moved to the building named "UniqueLizal" solving the issue with their buildings and priests giving and spreading the wrong religion, and finally the same issue was true for the Fairies and the Horonians, their buildings also giving out "Lesser Deity Worship" while the Fairy Priests spread "Lesser Worship" instead of Nature Worship - it's been fixed by moving their religion "Nature" and their priests to their own unique buildings that only produce their own religion.

5. The Huskus Remnants is one of the Goddess Worshipping factions that can join crusades or Cleansings in this mod - but they couldn't recruit any priests in the mod.. I've added the ability for the Huskus to recruit Priests from the same buildings as the Gorons, the Zora, the Lanayru and the Kokiri - I've also replaced the Hylian Priestess used by them in the files with their Priestess Caste General-model also used as their Diplomat - this means that the Huskus will now have a Priestess to recruit on the map.

6. I've let the Gohma faction start the game with all the Gohma territory now including the two settlements of Moruge and Midoro, as it didn't make any sense for the Gohma to have rebel Gohma on the map - handing the Gohma these two areas from the start will improve their faction with not just the two additional regions but also their garrisons - allowing their monster units like the giant spider Matriarch or Sulkaris, the Fallen Sage - to attack an actual enemy like the Lanayru Zora or the Hylian Rebels at the start - expect the Gohma to be stronger.

7. Speaking of the Gohma - I've done some changes or alterations to their Infestation Targets - Ontheon - the Capital of the Darknut Legion has been replaced as an Infestation Target by the Fire Temple (Death Mountain Crater) which is the Goron Temple that actually was invaded by Sulkaris in the videos - where she killed their Goddess Maphaeus the first sage of fire, I've also removed Airu - the Capital of the Lanayru Province/Zora from the target list - as this settlement is always attacked anyway - instad I've added Kakariko which holds the Shadow Temple to the list of targets for Infestations - Sulkaris wanted to kill all the Sages including the Sage of the Shadow Temple Evaleen the First Sage of Shadows - also, the Stalfos should take this area for sure - they get unique units there that are OP.

So you could say I switched out two targets.

8. I've also handed the Lanayru Province the Greshou-settlement from the start, removed its Zora garrison and added a Lanayru garrison instead - this garrison also includes the Lanayru Mages - Zora Dominion Mages who wear Lanayru Aquamarine armor and who fights for the Province - previously they were only available after Queen Laruto spawns late-game but now I changed my mind and removed this condition, as I thought that Zora Domain Mages do exist and if they came to protect the Water Temple at Greshou and their Goddess Malkorbagia, The First Sage of Water - then they would most likely be given Lanayru Armor - the Lanayru Mages are Zora Mages with better armor than the Zora Mages - the armor is the only difference besides the name - you can only recruit them as the Lanayru Province and only from Zora's Domain territory including Greshou.

As such the Lanayru has mages from Greshou available at the start, and they now have 4 settlements instead of 3 at the start of the game - add to this half a roster defending the place.

9. The Daira Marauders Mercenary Unit - I had failed at making them more common for the Gerudo in the previous release, as they ended up recruitable by everybody including the Gohma which was unintended. I've removed the line in the descr_mercenaries-file which caused this to happen, and instead added the unit as a regional-recruitment-unit from Aidaidorf and Moruge only - but only the Gerudo, the Lizalfos or the Minor factions can recruit it - the Darknut Legion also has access to it by other means since before.

The Daira Marauders as such is more common as a unit for the Gerudo now but won't be available to everybody else.

Twinrova has also gotten new ancillaries on this picture - both of which were added in the latest patch from version 4.6 of HTW!

10. I've implemented a new Camhack Mod enabling unlimited zoom-out and zoom-in in the battles, and it's 100% stable and integrated into the files of the mod.

In order for this to function you do need to go into your "Game Settings" and place the Camera in "Total War Camera"-mode - otherwise it won't work - after this you just click on the "?"-mark in the deployment-phase or after clicking "ESC" in battle (Escape), then on the advisor, then on "Back Space" when you are in the deployment-phase or in the battle-phase after selecting a unit - this will cause the camera to zoom-out a lot - after this you do click on the "End"-button and it will zoom-in on the selected unit after which the camera can be moved freely in any direction without limits - you'll be able to enjoy battles out-zoomed or in-zoomed - it's epic.

Credit to p8q for the Camhack Mod, to Bitterhowl for the files that got it to work in this mod - and to Larmir who had the original idea.

2023-08-07 - Patch/Update!

1. 45-46 NEW Ancillaries added/implemented from HTW v.4.6 - plus the Shadow Medallion for Impa hadn't been put to use - it's older.

2. Mahxai-hero had a bugged name and was named "Mahxa" - it's been fixed.

3. A spelling-error in the "Successful Infestation"-message has been fixed - I've also replaced Florins with "Rupees".

4. I've deleted unnecessary "move_character off_map"-entries in the campaign_scripts as those could cause random CTD whenever the character doesn't exist on the map and is supposed to be removed.

5. I've fixed an issue in the campaign_scripts-file causing certain ancillaries not to show in the game.

6. I did manage to get the Minish_Crown to work for Vaati, as well as Veran's Hood for Fairy Veran - and the Lanayru Armor/Weapon for General Rutela - something was off but by copy/pasting two working lines and renaming them it started to work - as opposed to manually writing the lines, then it didn't work for these three.

- The three heroes of General Rutela (Zora), Vaati (Darknuts) & Fairy Veran (Fairies) now have working ancillaries, otherwise the same. (I had released an earlier patch on the Discord with all the above content except the nr 6 change.)

2023-08-14 - Update/Patch!

It has added stat-changes to many units that weren't original units of the 2014-release so they needed to be adjusted or nerfed, it has added Link to the Kingdom of Ikana, the Gorons and the Kokiri if the Player is playing as them only.

It has added the Sheikah Monks as a new bodyguard for Azrily in both the Kingdom of Hyrule and the Sheikah, Hyrule can recruit Sheikah Monks and Interrogators from Kakariko.

The Stalfos spawns outside of the Shadow Temple/Kakariko in the campaigns if the Player is playing as them, they have different units spawning there based on the Hyrule Historia Mission "Unearthing the Shadows", since before the Stalfos will get Dethl and Deadhand one turn after they take Kakariko- now they'll get ReHorror as well - a proper general that is static and should only be placed in the Shadow Temple fort and never move outside for the best immersion - he does only spawn for the player, the Stalfos will get 5 Devourers (a Sheikah unit) as the units of Dethl when he spawns just like in the Mission but they aren't recruitable.

This is the first picture with all the Stalfos strat-map models at one location.

New Stalfos Strat-map models:

Soldier - Old Skeleton by Undying nephalim/IceCreamMan.

General - Scythe Lord by Undying Nephalim/IceCreamMan

Necromancer (works as a unique general type in the mod with the unique ability to raise the dead after victorious battles) - Unique General by IceCreamMan re-implemented into the mod by me as the model wasn't in use by the mod.

Heroes:

Lord Akazoo the Harsh - the Leader of the Undead Stalfos and a former general of the Kingdom of Hyrule under Princess Zelda 3 - the killer of Princess Zelda IV.

Deadhand - A monstrosity from the Shadow Temple, and the creator of the Deadarms and the Deadhands. He was also the boss of the Shadow Temple in the game Ocarina of Time.

General Onox - Undead Dark Onox who was a general under Prince Zant of the Forces of the Twilight.

Dethl the Mauler - Is using the strat-model of Bongo-Bongo.

ReHorror - the leader of the ReHorrors inside of the Shadow Temple, is also a hero that will only spawn for the Stalfos if played by the player - the model is static and is best placed inside the fort which is using the Shadow Temple Custom Settlement - is not intended to be used outside of the fort as he can't move.

Stallord - Not present.

Malmord - Undead Azrily

Agents - Priest, Diplomat & Merchant.

The Wild Animals will get their units back in the custom battles - Wild Arachas, Wild Arurodas and the giant Moldarach scorpion units - plus the Ampilus Crabs - all of these units are now recruitable for the Lanayru Province as they do have a "Scorpion Building" and a "Crab Building" - it made sense as they would be wasted unit slots if they aren't available for at least one of the main factions - the Wild Animals is a faction that hardly plays a role in the game outside of custom battle - but they do have their script back where the Moldarach and the other scorpions will spawn next to Rutolan, the old original Lanayru Aquamarines are back for the Lanayru Province and consist of only Lanayru troops- the mixed-race variant is now the Great Sea unit it was supposed to be - Aquamarine Escorts -they're available for the Zora, the Lanayru and the Kingdom of Hyrule but only after Zelda V spawns on turn 153, only Lanayru can recruit them everywhere and Hyrule and the Zora only from Lanayru lands, General Rutela, Fairy Veran, General Kazakk and General Akazoo has been removed from the custom battles in order to be able to add 4 new units, I've also fixed the glitched/bugged general Mahgzai of the Storm Zora who starts out in the service of the River Zora in the campaign - he needed a unit-slot and to be an officer or he would be bugged due to being smaller than the River Knight generals of the River Zora, 6 new unit entries - I had to remove the Shadow Doors from the mission in the Shadow Temple to achieve this.

I've also added the "General Rank"-ancillary to every single general that lacked it in the 4 campaign_script-files - so all have much better stats now or command-points. The Shadow Door was a mount so that allowed me to re-implement the Moldarach giant scorpion, there were two doors in the EDU-file so it allowed me to add one mount and two units.

Any agents of the Minor Factions have unit/unit_info cards now as opposed to vanilla medieval 2 cards.

Wild Life is using the Question-mark general.

I've also updated the Faction Selection-screen with up-to-date-info and the entire expanded.txt-file has been updated for all the heroes with info, for example "Princess Sokuuf" & "Princess Sokuuf" is now "Princess Sokuuf" as the name on the map - while the description has changed to "Leader of the River Zora" - so you won't have the name in two places anymore. This was done to every hero that didn't have a description.

Some heroes got suitable ancillaries like the River Zora Royalty got the Zora Crown and Archduke Neighleth got the Ambassador Robe and other gear from Zaleen.

2023-08-28 - Final Update?

1. New River Zora strat-models for the 4 missing Agent types - the Spy, Priest, Merchant and the Assasssin.

- The River Zora only had a diplomat in earlier releases and I've actually made room for their four final strat-map models and added these to the game. I did make the Oocca Spy and Merchant use the same entry as the Ooca Soldier, and the Oocca Priest and Inquisitor use the same entry as the Oocca general - this means that the Oocca Spy, Merchant, Priest and Inquisitor no longer are using unique animations or entries - the models are still the same but the animations are now wrong for the agent type. This is because I'm out of open strat-model slots in the mod and the game will crash if adding more - by letting these agents share entries with the soldier/general I did manage to open up 4 slots without needing to remove any strat-model from the game.

The River Zora as such now has a Cannibal Priest, a Raider Merchant, an Octozora Spy and a Swampman Assassin - in addition to the reskin of the Zora Diplomat.

2. The Oocca-units have changed stats to be more like in HTW 4.6.

3. Unit/Unit_Info Cards have been properly resized for a bunch of Agents, and the Wizzrobe Diplomat now has the correct portrait.

4. Big changes to the recruitment has been made - I wanted elite OverPowered units of most of the factions to be late-game units so I've added the prerequisites that the player will need the later settlement-levels before they get to recruit certain units. As an example the Gunner Posts, Hand Cannoneers, Zora Spire, Fairy Perception Ward, Kokiri Barricades, Goron Bomb Platforms etc will now require the latest levels of a settlement before you can recruit these units - delaying their arrival to the late-game or mid-game.

Settlements in this mod can't be upgraded the normal way, but there are unique buildings that can be upgraded that count as "settlement levels" - as such it was more complicated to add this change than simply moving units to later settlement upgrades, as doing this the vanilla way wouldn't work due to settlements never upgrading from village to town and so on - in this mod you build buildings that you can upgrade and they count as settlement-upgrades even though your cities aren't changed.

The same has been done to most regional area-of-recruitment troops like the Volvagians at Korkuloki, the Storm Zora at "Fort of Wings", the Gorons of Rolling Ridge at Crown Ridge and any of the Golems or Oocca/Goddess units from the Sky City - you'll need level 4 or later to recruit these units. Most factions have settlement-levels up to level 7 but the Gorons, the Darknuts and maybe one other faction has a level 8 settlement as well. Many units have been moved to the later levels to make the game more fair for the weaker factions in the early game. No more steamrolling with OverPowered early-game regionals against basic factional rosters of other factions - and the AI won't be able to just spam elite troops whenever they've taken an area with OP regional-units - they also need the later settlement-levels so unless it's the late-game they won't get them in a while.

- In the late-game most factions can handle elites, but in the early game it wasn't fair to the weaker starting armies of some factions. I steamrolled Labrynna with the Storm Zora Vipers, a Heavy Infantry-unit that is OP in the early game - it's now moved to the late-game as are others like it.

5. The Octozora-unit of the River Zora weren't in the actual recruitment or Spawning Pools of the campaign_script file - You only got them when Archduke Neighleth spawned (1 unit plus the bodyguard) and then you'd get no more of them - I've added this unit to the 5th Spawning Pool in every area on the map.

There might be some other changes done as well.

IMPORTANT - I can't help you if the download is interrupted or has a timeout as this is beyond my ability to do anything about it. I'm going to upload a smaller file without the Hyrule Historia-videos and hopefully that will be downloadable for those of you with slow internet - The mod is downloadable on this link and timeouts happen if the internet is too slow. So a smaller file might solve that issue.

Download Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - No Hyrule Historia Videos Included! - Mod DB

Download Hyrule Historia Mission Videos! - Mod DB

Classic Ultimate has been properly polished and finished, the goal of this project was to make the Ultimate Hyrule: Total War Campaign on the Classic build of the mod - utilizing all the unused assets I could use, all the Great Sea Demo assets for land-battles & the HTW V.4.6 assets wherever they did fit - as in mercenaries, Minor faction-units, Regional-Recruitment-units and what-not - all of this at the expense of the Custom battles and the Hyrule Historia.

I had no choice but to remove most of the heroes from the Custom battles in order for many of the new units to be implemented for the campaign, as there is a 500 limit on units in Medieval 2 and it was the heroes or the units. As I wrote my goal was the ultimate campaign, and as such I've sacrificed on the other areas of the mod - this means that the Custom Battles could be better, and the Hyrule Historia UI could look better - the Missions (except the Twili) are still perfectly playable but there are like missing heroes (only 1 per army) due to the removal of the heroes from the custom battles or most of them.

I'm going to release a possible Classic-release in the future which will aim to balance the three areas better - custom battle, Hyrule Historia and the campaign - the cost will be in units, and the benefit will be a more beautiful product to look at where all the Heroes will return to the custom battles, all the pictures and heroes will be in the Hyrule Historia Missions plus additional ones like Majora-Cultist Zelda - and the campaign will still be very much improved from the 2014-release but will aim to be like Undying nephalim had intended it with the units, as in hardly any units from 4.6 except for the minor factions - regionals and additional units for the main factions will be removed mostly, it will also try to have more balanced factions and OverPowered factions like the Oocca will either be severely nerfed or removed, OP units will be removed - it will look, play and feel like the December 2014 release but with all the bug fixes and improvements done to the mod - just not a lot of new units.

Credits for the mod:

April 2023-August 28th 2023 - Mr_Nygren - did every single fix, patch or update of the mod.

Camhack-mod - Credit to p8q for the Camhack Mod, to Bitterhowl for the files that got it to work in this mod - and to Larmir who had the original idea.

Credits for the MOD:

2023 Release:

- New Scripts, New Gameplay, 79 New Strat-Map Models, New Features - Mr_Nygren.

- New Twinrova skin, New skins for Link, new skin for the Bonemold Monks of the Forces of the Twilight - Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord!

- Prince Zant & Princess Zelda III (Order of the Wizzrobe) strat-map models - Luis Lux - I had forgotten how to do strat-mpam models so I ended up asking for help and Luis Lux aided me by doing Prince Zant - this was before I had done most of the new strat-map models. Later I got his help to finish off Zelda 3 for the Order because she was more difficult than other models due to being high-poly. I would have been able to do Zant but Zelda required rigging which I haven't done since 2021.

- I do convert the models from battle-models into strat-map models - I do not create them from scratch.

- All the original assets in the mod - Undying Nephalim/Icecream man - the models in battle are all made by him, and all the assets pretty much except the ones made by the sub mod - and most new assets in the sub mod aren't made by the sub mod - but are unused assets utilized by the sub mod and still created by the original creator of the mod.

- The mod was a ot less playable, and a lot less polished back in December 2014 - anyone who wants to know the difference between that version and the submod should join the Discord and download it there as all the old versions are available there from an old site - so while the assets existed the mod is very different now, even though very similar as well - it's more finished or polished for sure as I've spent a lot of time since November 2018 improving the mod. I actually started this project already in November 2016 - but I were busy with other projects most of the time until November 2018.

Older Credits:

- Creation of 86 new strat-models on the campaign map, fixed Unit_info-cards, changed Bongo-Bongo-spawn script and some stat-changes - Mr_Nygren.

- Creation of the Battle-models I did convert into strat-models - Undying Nephalim/Nephyy/Neph - the original creator of Hyrule: Total War, and the creator of most assets inside of the mod.

Earlier Credits:

Credits for the october 19 and November 3 releases:

1. Mr_Nygren (me) did all the fixing on the october 19 release.

2. M2TWEOP (Medieval 2 Engine Overhaul Project) Tool created by youneuoy and Jojo00182 as written above - I've integrated it to Hyrule: Total War - Classic Ultimate..

Credits for the mod:

Hyrule Total War - from the first version, and up to Hyrule Total War Version 4.6 - Undying Nephalim (Nephy/Neph) - the sole creator of the mod and all of it's original assets.

SirLion and Tedster1995 - The community Patches and fixes of 2014 that are all included in this sub-mod - fixed many issues in the mod back then.

Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate Sub-Mod - Mr_Nygren, been working on improving the dec 2014 HTW 3.8 version alone, after permission from Neph!

Re-skins of most of the Majora regional rosters - Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with them, and their banners.

Link-crash and Ooccoo-hero - Warcraft TW modeler Bantu Chieftain helped me fix the Link crash, by moving the sword from the left hand to the right - then he also helped me with removing the Oocca Commandant helmet without it causing the muscles connecting the arms to disappear - so he helped with these two models.

- He did also make an Oocca strat-model out of the Neph battle-model of the Oocca Commandants but unfortunately it crashed and wasn't included, but it is in the files of the mod.

Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.

Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.

Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.

Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.

Oh, and i do have Undying Nephalim's permission.

Undying Nephalim's original project were based on the "Legend of Zelda" owned by Nintendo. Of course i have been working on an older version that has been out for years - utilizing the resources from all the three different versions of HTW. I know that Nintendo hasn't cared about the mod in the past - and my project is basically finished now. Of course all the rights are Nintendo's for their trademarks and characters,

I haven't earned money on this project, it's a free fan-made project based on the idea to make another fan-made project more complete.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Great job continuing this labor of love. I had checked a year or two ago and thought it may have disappeared into the dust bin of modding history, can't wait to try it.