Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

On december 23 and during the night of dec 24 i did let the AI fight the AI on the strat-map.

I had no CTD until turn 198 when it actually did CTD. Unfortunately i didn't have autosave on so i couldn't load the autosave which usually works. I had made a quicksave some time before the CTD though. It would seem the portal between the Twilight realm and the Arbiter Grounds is seldom constructed by the AI - as such i did have to take control of the Twilight faction and build the portal plus move every Twili army gathered in the Twilight Realm to the Arbiter Grounds where i conquered it for the Twili - then i let the AI take over.

It was a very interesting campaign, and i let it continue long after the Deku Tribes were victorious. I was disappointed in the Majora faction and River Zola doing almost nothing and just standing still. The Deku Tribe's were the powerhouse and continued to conquer most of the known world - when they won they had fulfilled their victory conditions.

Labrynna isn't very good because they don't have any cavalry in the campaign. I hope the bears will make them stronger whenever they are added to the campaign recruitment. In any case the campaign right now is stable on the strat-map - with the first crash happening at turn 198.

There are other CTD-issues:

1. If you click exterminate population or let them have it - after a victory against superior forces. Also, if you ransom the enemy units taken prisoner and the ransom is refused when the enemy had superior forces - the mod would CTD.

2. It can CTD if Hylia tries to attack the gate of Hyrule Prime - she can't attack the gate and when the AI tries this because she counts as a siege engine - it would crash.

3. It can also crash randomly when starting siege battles and as such a ctrl-s quicksave before any battle is important. Oddly enough it always works the second try after such a ctd.

So the map is very stable while there are some CTD-issues that can all be avoided. The battle-ctd when battles have finished loading can't be solved - but after restarting it should not happen again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-24 00-04-43-643.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 00-39-03-820.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 00-42-56-185.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 00-43-50-786.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 00-46-43-659.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-24 01-12-15-261.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 01-23-37-896.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 01-41-22-160.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 02-04-22-361.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-24 02-59-36-112.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 24, 2018 at 06:39 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

I made an account just for this

I just wanna say that I absolutely appreciate your work on this sub-mod. I can barely wait until it's out (I've been checking non-stop eversince I found this thread) and I hope it's going to be soon.
    I've been playing the 4.6 version of the main mod recently and got horribly frustrated over the constant crashing due to.. things? Whatever the wonkyness causing those is :^)
    So this sub-mod is kind of a ray of hope in all of this.

Also, this is possibly slightly off-topic, but do you happen to have a working 3.6 version download (with as many historia mission as you have on hand) available somewhere? (without your unreleased work thus far, naturally)

Thank you and keep it coming ^^

Quote Originally Posted by karouvirae View Post
    I made an account just for this

I just wanna say that I absolutely appreciate your work on this sub-mod. I can barely wait until it's out (I've been checking non-stop eversince I found this thread) and I hope it's going to be soon.
    I've been playing the 4.6 version of the main mod recently and got horribly frustrated over the constant crashing due to.. things? Whatever the wonkyness causing those is :^)
    So this sub-mod is kind of a ray of hope in all of this.

Also, this is possibly slightly off-topic, but do you happen to have a working 3.6 version download (with as many historia mission as you have on hand) available somewhere? (without your unreleased work thus far, naturally)

Thank you and keep it coming ^^
    Thanks man.

I have updated my NVIDIA Graphics card drivers and now i get an odd error everytime i exit any Med2 mod- i will need to playtest Hyrule and Warcraft to find out if there are other issues. The current issue is just that whenever i exit any mod i would get a message about Med2 having shut down because of an error - even though i were the one exiting the mod..

I am worried that maybe the drivers have caused trouble for Medieval 2 and mods for it. Rome is working well so i hope not - but this error-message is not a good sign.

The good news would be that it happens for all mods - so it isn't the mods themselves. Maybe i've made a mistake updating the drivers and it might affect the main game negatively.

As i wrote above 3.6 and my sub-mod for it does crash as well - but i think there is a chance it won't crash as much as the recent version. There are some odd crashes though but they are never preventing the player from restarting and playing for quite awhile after. They could mess up the autosaves so quicksaves or ordinary saves are advised. Also, Hylia can't attack gates which is a problem because the AI tries to take down gates with her - causing a crash.

I do not have a vanilla 3.6, but i do have a 3.6 with minor changes - i believe i did add unused units such as the Gerudo Gold Knuckle unit - and then i did make officers into units. Something i did change for the recent WIP. But the older version has such changes. But no new models nor anything.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 07, 2019 at 08:55 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hey dude thanks for the response.

Regarding driver issues, the only way to really know for sure is to downgrade to an earlier driver as well as to do a fresh install (didn't nvidia have a checkbox for that even?) of the current version and see whether anything's still out of place. If it's the driver, there's always a chance that the next version fixes the issue by accident too. Just my two cents though

Yea, I've seen the post regarding crashes as well as how you've outlined your testing. All in all your results do seem to be much better when compared to the most recent version. It likes to crash a lot when going into battle, especially in certain locations or when siege engines are involved. I'm not big on MTW modding and the logs weren't being helpful at all, sadly.

I think most players who play with mods would be very used to using CTRL + S before hitting the "next turn" button anyway. But yea, if you do see a chance that you can work out what causes those autosave corruptions, I don't think anyone would say no to that.

Is AI entirely un-moddable?

I'll gladly take the 3.6 with minor changes too - I've never managed to get a good look at 3.6 and the hyrule historia missions at all. As for any new content, I'll be patient until you're ready to release it

Hey dude thanks for the response.

Regarding driver issues, the only way to really know for sure is to downgrade to an earlier driver as well as to do a fresh install (didn't nvidia have a checkbox for that even?) of the current version and see whether anything's still out of place. If it's the driver, there's always a chance that the next version fixes the issue by accident too. Just my two cents though

Yea, I've seen the post regarding crashes as well as how you've outlined your testing. All in all your results do seem to be much better when compared to the most recent version. It likes to crash a lot when going into battle, especially in certain locations or when siege engines are involved. I'm not big on MTW modding and the logs weren't being helpful at all, sadly.

I think most players who play with mods would be very used to using CTRL + S before hitting the "next turn" button anyway. But yea, if you do see a chance that you can work out what causes those autosave corruptions, I don't think anyone would say no to that.

Is AI entirely un-moddable?

I'll gladly take the 3.6 with minor changes too - I've never managed to get a good look at 3.6 and the hyrule historia missions at all. As for any new content, I'll be patient until you're ready to release it
    Hey, how do you degrade the Nvidia drivers? I have saved a backup screen of the version i had before. I might not need to, but just in case - because i almost never play new games anyway. I updated the drivers because War Leaders: Clash of Nations had messed up graphics. The update did fix the graphical errors and now that game is looking awesome - but unlike 2009-2010 it does ctd everytime i return from a real-time battle to the strat-map.

It is basically WW2 in Med2 form. But when it CTD after every real-time battle it is kind of unplayable - back in the day i could return and play but it could ctd maybe once every tenth battle. Now it does after each and every battle. Very annoying - because the game is very gorgeous and is like Med2 in most ways. And you get to play as the Third Reich etc. Sucks that the developers didn't make it stable as it is an official game heavily inspired by Medieval 2. And they didn't provide modding tools neither.. Which could have saved the game!

I see, that is good to know - hopefully it will be much more stable then.

It is impossible to stop the AI from treating siege engines as siege engines - and giants count as such. Only way to prevent a ctd is by giving Hylia or others missiles to take down the walls. Because unlike in Rome: Total War they can't take down walls/gates as elephants using melee attacks. But the game still thinks they can causing a ctd.

Alright, i do also have the vanilla 3.0 installation files. Not sure if they included any Hyrule Historia missions. I downloaded the Gerudo Wars missions separately and they are still installed on my computer. I had downloaded the others but i lost them it would seem.

I might release 3.6 before releasing my submod just to proove how much work i've done since the original. I might restore the one with "minor changes" to vanilla.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 13, 2019 at 06:48 AM.

- The Havamal

Hey, how do you degrade the Nvidia drivers? I have saved a backup screen of the version i had before. I might not need to, but just in case - because i almost never play new games anyway. I updated the drivers because War Leaders: Clash of Nations had messed up graphics. The update did fix the graphical errors and now that game is looking awesome - but unlike 2009-2010 it does ctd everytime i return from a real-time battle to the strat-map.
    For that there are multiple options; The first option is to go into your windows system settings -> device manager. It'll show a tree-view of known devices in your system. Find your graphics adapter, right-click it and go to settings. In the new window that pops up, go to the drivers-tab and there select "previous driver" or "rollback driver".
    I can't tell with certainty what those options are going to be named for you; My installation of windows isn't in English. I also can't say for sure or not if that works with versions of Windows earlier than Windows 10.

The other option is to just use nvidias advanced drivers search (located here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx?lang=en). It'll present you with a list of prior driver versions up to a certain point. If earlier versions of your drivers won't let you install, attempt to uninstall your current drivers first.

Lack of modding tools is always a shame though. I just wish there was some semi-proper debugging support for most things out there.

It is impossible to stop the AI from treating siege engines as siege engines - and giants count as such. Only way to prevent a ctd is by giving Hylia or others missiles to take down the walls. Because unlike in Rome: Total War they can't take down walls/gates as elephants using melee attacks. But the game still thinks they can causing a ctd.
    So alright - there are giants. I assume they're set as Elephants or similar in the EDU. To the BatMap AI, Elephants and Siege Engines are the same thing. Did I get that right?
    Why does that cause a crash specifically for Hylia in Hyrule Prime? Or is the issue that Elephants would usually have Ranged Attacks and that's why having missiles is the important bit here?

Just trying to understand the issue

Alright, i do also have the vanilla 3.0 installation files. Not sure if they included any Hyrule Historia missions. I downloaded the Gerudo Wars missions separately and they are still installed on my computer. I had downloaded the others but i lost them it would seem.
    3.0 I'd be perfectly fine with too; Plus I don't plan on convincing you to release anything earlier than you'd want to, so I guess mirroring the vanilla files would work out.
    Yea shame about the Hyrule historia missions but as I said before, I'll take whatever I can get of the old files at this point Maybe, at some point, someone with all the missing missions is going to mirror those.

I might release 3.6 before releasing my submod just to proove how much work i've done since the original. I might restore the one with "minor changes" to vanilla.
    If you'd be willing to do that, however, that'd be amazing. Don't force yourself into doing much too much though. As I said before, I'll gladly take whatever works

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    9. I do now plan to activate the Stalfos using the descr_strat instead - it will most likely work well. So every faction will be a threat and no faction will be missing in the campaign or be inactive. What i need to do now is adding the Stalfos
    I did work on this mod for over 24 hours straight yesterday attempting to get the Stalfos to work in the campaign as an AI faction having settlements from the start without crashing due to the transgressor bug. I did add ten settlements to them - three in the Gerudo/Darknut lands taken from the rebels, one in the Moblin lands taken from the rebels, three in the borderlands between the Hylians/Sheikah/Lizalfos and the Kokiri taken from the rebels, two in the border between the Deku Monkeys and the Zora Dominion taken from the rebels and finally the Horon Cemetary taken from fairy rebels.

The mod had constant issues with causing the transgressor CTD while testing the mod for awhile. Usually it happened during turn 1 to 23. I read the log and found that the early River Zola Invasion set on turn 2 might have been to early - as the script wants to use some of those captains for certain sieges during turn 25, 26, and 27 - as such i restored the River Zola Invasion script to happen on turn 30. This seemed to make the mod work better and it didn't CTD prior to turn 15 at random anymore. But the mod still would CTD before turn 30. Seeing as the transgressor CTD has to do with one faction attacking another faction, which causes it to end in a CTD - i thought it may have to do with the diplomatic relations. And as such i did remove all the alliances and make the mod entirely sandbox.

The game didn't CTD then until turn 76 when i got another transgressor CTD, but this one were different - it said something about one of the factions attempting to flee the battle causing it - while all the others said it was due to a faction attacking another one. I tried starting up the mod again at a saved game on turn 60 and it went on up to turn 80 before the mod just crashed. There were no transgressor CTD message this time around.
    Besides adding settlements to the Stalfos and captains for them to the descr_strat - i did also replace older garrisons in the scripts-file with Stalfos units for these said regions. I have made the AI Stalfos spawns inactive while if the player is playing the Stalfos the spawn actually works. The Raise Armies script is also active - and it didn't help de-activating it because even after removing that huge script the transgressor CTD still happened - resulting in me re-activating that script.

I am at my witts end here, and looking at the recent Hyrule Total War i can see that Neph has chosen to spawn all the armies using the descr_strat - and all the River Zola, Stalfos, Sheikah and Twili Civil War scripts have been removed. I can see why the Twili Civil war has been removed as there are no longer two Twili factions. But i do believe the Sheikah spawn and the River Zola work fine. Maybe the Stalfos needs to be spawned totally from the descr_strat with the heroes included? The issue is the Necromancers need to spawn from the script or the Raise Armies script that i would want in the mod wouldn't work. I tried removing that script and the transgressor CTD still occured showing that the issue isn't because of the necromancer script.

Like i said i am almost out of ideas now - which is a shame because the game is so much better with the Stalfos being a powerful faction on the map as well. As it stands currently i might need to remove them and give those ten regions back to the rebels - making the map much less fun and empty in comparison. This transgressor bug i did solve in Warcraft Total War somehow - but there aren't any similar map-related issues here - it had a region with hills close to settlements and on the areas where units were fighting real-time battles - removing those hills in Geomod solved the issues in that area of the map and the transgressor CTD that happened in other areas close to hills disappeared after that. But i don't see a similar cause in Hyrule Total War. Instead i think it may be the descr_SM_factions if the Stalfos faction is a spawning faction and possibly the scripts-file.

I will attempt to make the Stalfos more like in the recent version while keeping the Raise Armies-script. But to be honest i don't think i will manage to solve this one unfortunately - which is a shame as they are one of the best looking factions with unique gameplay mechanics. At least as the player you can enjoy them - but it is kind of sad they will never be a threat if you play anyone else. Something i had hoped of changing. I will try to solve this issue but if i fail to remove the transgressor CTD i will have to choose a more stable campaign without a powerful Stalfos presence on the map - over a campaign that would CTD very often due to this bug but have that faction being a major challenge.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2019-01-16 20-54-35-426.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-16 23-52-20-850.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-16 23-52-37-627.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-16 23-53-20-540.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 01-29-45-077.jpg  

kingdoms 2019-01-17 01-43-31-160.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 02-10-27-547.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 02-28-01-257.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 02-43-40-296.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 02-45-35-999.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 17, 2019 at 04:56 AM.

- The Havamal

Hello guys, i did run into some issues trying to restore the mod to the more stable prior situation.

- After i did revert every change the mod still would cause me trouble and CTD. However, after i did move the sega folder out of program files (x86) as well as after i did fix a line in the scripts-file that had been there since before (the log pointed to it and it had one more space than other similar lines) the game worked again like before and perhaps better.

- Without causing any CTD the mod ran for 230 turns straight, but keep in mind that i didn't play any real-time battles - this means that the strat-map is very stable and that when i did let the AI control all the factions it ran for 230 turns without a single crash. It didn't crash on turn 230 but i decided to quit. The fact is that on turn 176 or 179 the campaign timeline was up and i lost the victory conditions because of it. When deciding to continue playing the game went on until the Deku Tribes were victorious on turn 191. Then when clicking continue the mod continued on until turn 230 and would have went even further if i didn't exit.

Had i fought any battles the mod would obviously have crashed once or twice at random locations. But not too often i would imagine. So with battles in real time it isn't 100% stable, without battles on the strat-map it seemed stable enough to finish a campaign as a faction.

Now i will need to backup the mod and then after that i will resume my attempts to get the Stalfos to not cause the Transgressor bug. I did find a tutorial on this link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tion-standings

After reading that thread i did go through the entire expanded.txt and fix things like imams and other non-Zelda names. I didn't find any instance of a missing attack-line nor anything.

I will try to cause the transgressor-issue again and if it happens then i will try to de-activate the triggers in the faction_standings.txt file.

- Two issues i have found that will need fixing is:

1. The Sheikah Merchant is still a vanilla merchant - I do plan on using the new Sheik strat-model for it and then the one in use as the Hylian spy for the actual Sheikah spy. Then the Hyrule faction will get the new spy strat-model.

2. The portal to the Realm of Twilight and from the same is too costly and takes six turns to construct. I am thinking of maybe making it built from the start. But there is still a problem - armies don't act and just stand still after entering the portal and arriving on the other side.

- I will need to give Midna and Zant one settlement each in the Hyrule main area so that the armies going through the portal will move to it immediately. They do need settlements in both continents for the AI to use them properly. Here is where the issue is - Gerudo or other armies entering the Twilight realm just stand on the spot close to the portal.. I don't know how to solve this as i can't give them a settlement, i mean it wouldn't work for all of them and the Twili would take it anyway. So i guess invasions of the Twilight Realm will be player only.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2019-01-17 19-20-54-132.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 19-57-56-565.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 20-30-28-794.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 20-55-25-893.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-17 21-07-13-089.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 17, 2019 at 02:52 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Santa_Anna View Post
    Crap I forgot I've post already XD sorry. I want to add I starting to make Terminian hylians/zoras on my own XD. I'm still working on their context, based a on Majora's Mask lore and my interpretation.
    You could download Hyrule 3.8 and take a look at the reskins in use by the Majora faction for the Kokiri, Zora, Gorons and Hylians. If you want to you could make more such units - i would gladly fill out the Majora faction. Terminian units for them could be a great idea.

- The Havamal

For that there are multiple options; The first option is to go into your windows system settings -> device manager. It'll show a tree-view of known devices in your system. Find your graphics adapter, right-click it and go to settings. In the new window that pops up, go to the drivers-tab and there select "previous driver" or "rollback driver".
    I can't tell with certainty what those options are going to be named for you; My installation of windows isn't in English. I also can't say for sure or not if that works with versions of Windows earlier than Windows 10.

The other option is to just use nvidias advanced drivers search (located here: https://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx?lang=en). It'll present you with a list of prior driver versions up to a certain point. If earlier versions of your drivers won't let you install, attempt to uninstall your current drivers first.

Lack of modding tools is always a shame though. I just wish there was some semi-proper debugging support for most things out there.

So alright - there are giants. I assume they're set as Elephants or similar in the EDU. To the BatMap AI, Elephants and Siege Engines are the same thing. Did I get that right?
    Why does that cause a crash specifically for Hylia in Hyrule Prime? Or is the issue that Elephants would usually have Ranged Attacks and that's why having missiles is the important bit here?

Just trying to understand the issue

3.0 I'd be perfectly fine with too; Plus I don't plan on convincing you to release anything earlier than you'd want to, so I guess mirroring the vanilla files would work out.
    Yea shame about the Hyrule historia missions but as I said before, I'll take whatever I can get of the old files at this point Maybe, at some point, someone with all the missing missions is going to mirror those.

If you'd be willing to do that, however, that'd be amazing. Don't force yourself into doing much too much though. As I said before, I'll gladly take whatever works
    Thanks for the instructions, the game started to work fine and the error stoped showing up after awhile.

War Leaders do crash too often unfortunately.

There is a difference between elephants and siege engines. Some Elephant units have the siege engine lines, and others don't - if they have that then the game will treat them as siege engines. Otherwise they are just Elephants. Usually Elephants are more in numbers than a siege engine. But a siege engine can attack the gate or walls causing a CTD if they have only melee attacks.

- Hylia had a missile attack but probably got too close to the gate - which would cause her to try and use the melee attack instead.

Elephants work fine in melee against units but not against gates/walls.

You can download version 3.8 now in the thread where a guy asked for it. It has the vanilla stuff of 3.8 plus additional heroes in the custom battles and maybe some fixing done that weren't done before.

Missons included are only 19-29 plus the Majora Prime Final Battle. The later needs to be manually put into the right folder as i didn't bother to add it to the vanilla 3.8.

Yeah - those other missions would have been nice. I don't think Neph should have deleted them from MODDB.

It would seem i had version 3.8.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 20, 2019 at 07:22 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.8 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

I've been doing lots of progress on this mod.

1. Strat-models finally done - The Sheikah faction is now using the Sheik model as the Priest, and the old Sheikah Spy strat-model previously in use by the Hylians as the Spy.

- The Hylians are now using the new spy-model.

The Labrynna Regime has a Professor as their Priest from the recent version.

Strat-models will be limited by not having other agents than the merchants available in the recruitment. The rest will be available in limited numbers from the start. Assassins will be de-activated due to them being a threat to the other Agents of limited quantity. The reason for these changes to the recruitment of Agents are that i suspect the more crowded the strat-map is getting, the more likely the transgressor-CTD will happen.

- Yes, i do suspect the crash is due to an overcrowded map. I may be wrong but this is the gamble i will take for now.

2. I've added all the new religions from the recent version to every faction in the mod. I've also changed a few cultures in order for the vanilla diplomacy screen portraits of the Gerudo and Lizalfos to disappear.

- All factions have more unique religions.

- The Gerudo and the Lizalfos have working pics for their Agents and they are no longer vanilla.

- I did also try to do the others such as the Hylians, Labrynna, the Wizzrobe etc - but there is a limit of ten religions and seven cultures. I can't make the correct diplomacy-screen portraits show for more than ten factions. So there are still vanilla ones for some factions.

- I've added all the captain-portraits for the old Hyrule factions. There were no captain-cards - only ones were from the recent version. I did find what i needed in the custom heroes folder as there were lots of suitable cards there that i did use. No more vanilla captain pics before or after a battle anymore.

3. I've added the new Gerudo and Labrynna units to the campaign. I've also updated the Hylian recruitment and made some changes:

- Loftwing Cavaliers, Hylian Mages and Ancient Trebuchets available from Vigjaro should the Hylians hold it. Usually they will hold it in the beginning but as the Order of the Wizzrobe will invade with huge stacks unless you accept their offer - you won't get these magic units until after the Wizzrobe faction has been defeated. It is a reward for beating them.

- Wind Tribe soldiers in the Tarm Ruins. They are a reward for taking the Fairy capital, and the AI will never come this far as the Kingdom of Hyrule. It is therefore just for the player.

- Hyrule Macemen and Archer Knights from Hylian Lands only. Some more heavies for the Hylians from the Hylian mainland.

- Triforce Vanguards and Ancient Knights/Ancient Archers from the Temple of Time only. Also these guys are not as many as in the past - they are about the same size as other units. This is elite units available only from this building located in the Hylian Capital, should Hyrule hold it.

Triforce Vanguards will also spawn if the capital is under attack so i've kept the old script as well.

4. I've playtested a lot and did run into the dreaded transgressor-ctd on many occasions. Usually it means i cannot continue to play because when i load the autosave it would crash at the same spot. My testing has made me suspicious of the "over-crowded"-map theory. Also, it didn't crash when loading an autosave today so it might not always be fatal.

5. I've corrected the agent portraits from the recent version to the older where i could.

6. The River Zola spawn has once again been set from the early game, but this time without causing issues with the later spawns.

They used to spawn on turn 30, 25, 26 and 27 - this is now 7 - 2, 3 and 4.

7. Movement points has been re-set to shorter distances using the Warcraft mod as a base. I thought it might improve stability and also i think i liked the gameplay more after lowering the distance. I had made them move vast distances because i were playing as everyone and wanted them to move a lot in one turn back in 2013. This i had forgotten to change back in the uploaded 3.8. I think the Warcraft movement points are better and more close to the original.

8. I've replaced the Battle Editor (used to make/create historical battles) vanilla map with a Hyrule map. Now you'll know where you are on the map.

New video with the Labrynna Regime in the campaign - i am playtesting on turn 144:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2019-01-25 15-10-26-061.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-25 17-38-17-402.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-25 17-49-58-594.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-25 21-26-03-382.jpg   kingdoms 2019-01-31 02-06-51-545.jpg  

kingdoms 2019-02-01 06-34-50-809.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-01 06-39-20-183.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-01 06-41-03-713.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-01 06-42-31-243.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-01 06-44-00-191.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 01, 2019 at 08:32 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.8 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

I've been doing some fixing in the EDB, EDU and BMDB etc. Currently i've been checking out the unused files of old Hyrule: Total War and i've decided what to add out of it.

- I've already added the Majora-skin of the Hylian Ironclad Elites. I suspect that they were supposed to be the bodyguard of Majora-Zelda - that i did also find in the files.

- The Lanayru Mages from the Great Sea Total War have been added as an extra unit to the Lanayru Province - but they will only get them if they conquer the Zora Dominion lands. They are Zora Dominion Mages with Aquamarine armor. So they are superior because of the added armor value.

Besides these units there are the Linbeck hero for Labrynna which will use a Pistolmen bodyguard, the more modern Great Sea Laruto which will spawn late in the campaign, Hyrule Warriors Zelda which will also be a very late spawn (it is looking awesome though just as the Majora one), for the Wild Life we have an unused boss unit called Trinexx but i am unsure what animations it would use (gonna check the recent version to see if it is already implemented there, we have the Rosa hero for the Subrosians but i couldn't find the texture so we'll see if it is the same as for the other Subrosians or not, a White Wolfos but i may not be able to find the texture for it, FI and Ghirathim (i would need to read up on them as for their supposed roles) and finally the Medli Rito unit as a new unit. Most likely a mercenary unit.

I do also have various Great Sea Hylian units but they are looking bad due to a messed up texture - i tried fixing them but i honestly think they are lacking some files. Not sure - but i can only fix the metal such as helmets, legs and hands - never the other unique features. So they won't probably be included - the units included Red Lion Knights, Wind Knights (using automatic crossbows) and some Ironknights. The Hero Aryll had a similar problem with no suitable texture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2019-02-04 10-21-49-494.jpg   kingdoms 2019-02-04 12-05-19-932.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-42-58-126.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-43-55-339.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-44-18-036.jpg  

bandicam 2019-02-04 13-43-18-734.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-44-34-882.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-44-50-793.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-45-20-825.jpg   bandicam 2019-02-04 13-45-52-808.jpg  

- The Havamal

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nice work! I'm looking forward to trying it out
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Nice work! I'm looking forward to trying it out
    Thanks.

Hopefully the campaign will be stable enough but one never knows for sure. It would suck if it had a returning ctd at some specific turn. I've corrected all the distance-issues of the "0" in the BMDB so i hope that will have some effect. They were sometimes a further distance away from the line of text than usual. No idea if that did affect the game negatively or not though.

The Majora faction had some unused skins for the factions of Hyrule, Zora, Kokiri and the Gorons - i've coded them into the game now.

Kokiri - Full roster minus the Great Deku Tree, the Heroes and the Mudmen of Faron/Mudmen Mantlets.

Zora Dominion - The entire roster.

Gorons - Had the siege engines, the Goron Rams, the Tribal Monks, the Guardians, the Miners and the Bomb Throwers.

Kingdom of Hyrule - Had all the infantry units minus the recruits/mounted recruits, also had the Mounted Knights and the Archer Knights - is lacking the Triforce Vanguards and any Great Sea/Ancient Hylian units.

I've uploaded some videos previewing these rosters i battle. They will all be available as regional recruitment units in the campaign for the Majora.

Kokiri - Deku/Lizalfos/Kokiri lands only.

Zora Dominion - Zora/Lanayru/River Zola lands only.

Gorons - Goron lands and the Rolling Ridge area only.

Kingdom of Hyrule - Hylian/Sheikah/Ordona/Labrynna lands only - but they will also have most of their units from the start recruitable from their Capital of Majora Prime which is a custom settlement.

Majora demonic units will be available in all the other lands plus in the Majora Prime Capital.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 05, 2019 at 05:16 PM.

- The Havamal

Tiro

Looking good! Good luck on making a true campaign for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    Looking good! Good luck on making a true campaign for this mod.
    Thank you. Yes, i feel this mod has a huge potential to have one of the best campaigns if more polished and utilizing all those unique ideas that Neph had originally.

I will try to make it as complete as i can.

I realized i had forgotten to post the Lanayru Civilian-video here.

Hyrule: Total war - Mr_Nygren's 3.8 Submod WIP: Lanayru Civilians!

Old Hyrule was very special to me, because back when i were in a very bad situation in 2013 i did nothing but play this mod and DBM. Back then i didn't know much about modding, and could only edit the EDU and the descr_strat - but now things are a whole lot different.

I started modifying this mod back then by making all the unused models in the files available. But after learning how to mod properly i decided on trying to finish off the original ideas. I know Neph hates his older stuff but i really think it's great - i don't mean to offend him by using the older version. It is just it has a nostalgic atmosphere about it.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 20, 2019 at 06:41 PM.

- The Havamal

I've done some more work on the mod, and here is what i've done since yesterday night.

1. Added the full recruitment to the Majora faction - using the Kokiri, Zora, Hylian and Goron reskins by Undying Nephalim that i managed to make almost four regional rosters out of. The Zora Dominion skins had a full army, the Hylians had almost a full army, Kokiri same as the Hylians and the the Gorons had half an army with majora skins.

2. I've re-added the Stalfos to the campaign for the AI - they start with ten regions in the campaign.

- Previously without writing about it i did change their recruitment from cities, as they have two ways of recruiting units - namely the necromancer script or the ordinary way. The necromancer script works and basically means that if you win battles in a certain area, and your army is led by a Necromancer-general (a specific type) then you will raise a certain amount of troops based on the units of the battle (or based on the region if i remember wrongly) in the nearest area with a Necromancer in it. I am not sure if the Necro needs to be in the settlement or in the army. This is Neph's old script and it works.
    The other way was to just recruit units from the building named "graveyard" - and you could recruit regional units from different regions such as Zarko from Zora lands, Bubbles from fairy-lands etc, but you could also recruit Sheikah undead Stallhounds and Stalltroops from everywhere. This has been changed and you can now only recruit the regional units such as undead Lizalfos from Lizalfos areas, undead Zora from Zora lands and so on - no more stalltroops and stallhounds from everywhere. Those units are now only available in Hylian and Sheikah lands as well as possibly Labrynnian and Ordonian lands. This is to make the game more true to what bodies are laying in the regions graves.

3. The Deku Tribes were over powered due to a small elephant unit called "Plowers" - these units couldn't be hurt at all by infantry as they couldn't strike them with their melee weapons. Because they counted as elephants. Only ranged units could take them out. I've reduced their vast numbers a lot so the Deku Tribes are nerfed and won't win all campaigns anymore hopefully. Even in battles they were OP before.

4. I've remade the Majora starting garrison and added Hylians to it, i've separated the 20-unit strong starting force into two and added Majora-Zelda as a second hero and heir for the faction. I've also re-worked the Majora-general who used to be a glitched general trying to use the human general animations.. At first i tried to spawn him through script as that is the only way to have units stay one in numbers. But as always nothing happens.. As such i did make Majora the general using its own animations, and it looked fine, but the issue became instead that Majora became as weak as the ordinary Wrath Entities.. So i changed the bodyguard into Eyes of Majora plus added the "Majora True" stats to the bodyguard. After this it worked great but looked odd because the unit was trying to ride the Eyes of Majora and were in the ground. I edited the rider offsets in the descr_mount until it looked good and now we have Majora as a good looking general.

The real Majora is of course in the Capital of Majora Prime and is even bigger. Majora True is just a spawned form it takes (according to the Wikipedia) whenever its followers are in danger. As such all the generals of the Majora faction will use the Majora True as their general model - with the same stats as the Majora True-unit but using Eyes of Majora as bodyguards. This is because i cannot make one-man units without bodyguards as i fail to spawn them through script. This will also cause trouble for Ghirahim and the other one-man hero.

5. Majora-Zelda is using the same stats and abilities as Princess Zelda 3 - but she isn't the general due to the Majora True being the general. If i made her a general she would be messed up by the animations. So the general is invisible and she is an officer - like many of the others.

6. I've gone through the music-files (three) and added a new entry for the Majora faction. It is now using the "Final Battle"-music in it's one single region in the campaign. It is also using the ame music as the Kingdom of Ikana on the strat-map.

7. I did realize the music in HTW 3.8 didn't have any regions added in the descr_music_types-file. As such i did compare the file with the 4.6 version and copied over all the regions for each faction based on it. The regional names were mostly different, but all the cities were the same - so i had to copy the names of a region in one file, then copy the city to the other, and after that the older name of the region to the music-file - i did this for all the factions in the mod. Every region had to be individually checked. So now each region in the mod is using new music never before heard in the campaign.

I do not know if the 4.6 version is using this music or if it has added new music instead. I'd guess on the later but maybe i am wrong. It is new music for this version and i believe there will be some songs not in use by the recent version nonetheless. Having fought a battle in one of the Ordona Province areas i must say the music was really good and Zelda-ish.

8. I've gotten all 37 first Hyrule Historia missions from Darkinterloper - unfortunately they were edited and not original - i've up until now failed to get them to work. I get thrown back to the selection screen despite having replaced the units, the generals and such - not sure but must be a detail i've missed somewhere..

I may have forgotten something, not sure really - and the work on the submod isn't done yet. I do still need to do the things i mentioned on moddb minus the Stalfos. And before that i'd need to add the Forces of the Twilight to the Arbiter Grounds region, and instead give another Gerudo region to the Gerudo - this is because the AI cannot move from continent to continent otherwise - they would just stand still doing nothing unless they have a region in the main Hyrule land. This unfortunately means the AI will never attack Twilight lands unless scripted to do so. But by placing them in Arbiter Grounds we can make sure they work when moving through the portal. The Zanti faction also will get Olnach so they also won't get stuck in case of them winning the civil war and opening the portal. So both the Twili will have a presence in the main land while at the same time fighting the Civil War.

And of course i have some heroes to add to older factions such as Link.

I've uploaded a video showcasing a battle in the Majora capital Majora Prime - with new Final Battle music.

Hyrule: Total War - Mr_Nygren's 3.8 Submod: New Music & Majora faction!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 04.47.14.56.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 04.47.25.19.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 08.23.10.48.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 08.24.37.57.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 09.03.42.28.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 09.07.11.72.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 09.11.38.20.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 10.02.23.96.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 10.07.46.68.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.03.21 - 08.14.14.86.png  

- The Havamal

Haven't been following the mod for a while, I want to ask something. Does your submod restore factions back to being more violent? also which version do you use it looks like an early version.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

I am using version 3.7.4 but i call it version 3.8 because most people confused 3.8 with this one.

- It is the final version with all the old factional rosters - including all the community hotfixes.

Of course i have improved it a lot since the release in december 2014.

- 3.8 had added the new Wizzrobe but this is the version before that which the community made lots of smaller updates for.

Not sure about factions being more violant.

- The Havamal

What I meant was do the factions attack each other and the player more. In the version all the factions are kind of no violent unless you attack first.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.