Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Default Re: Any interest in here for a sub-mod for the recent version with old units?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I won't be making a sub-mod for the new version - too much work required.

At the most i will make the 3.6 better with new units from Kingdom of the Golden Land, New Hyrule and the Occaa of the recent version - as well as implement the new settlements, horses and some siege engines.

It's faster to port the stuff i want from the recent version, than to port the entire old version to the recent one.
    That makes sense. And also thanks for including the Kingdom of the Golden Land mod. I appreciate it.

Default Re: Any interest in here for a sub-mod for the recent version with old units?

Though I must warn you. The new HD models Neph is making may mess up any balancing you have done for those factions before you gave them their HD update. Because the Model and Animations of a unit effect how well a unit does in battle. And this is the primary reason for the Massive HD Factions Overhaul. Neph is Working on. Plus he, of course wants to update the Graphics to his current level of Model making. And while he is at it, To revamp the factions themselves/Factions rosters and units that are not working as intended or as hoped. The Deku Tribes for example, Over the cores of this Mods life. Have just received their 2nd Revamp/make over. They are the only ones to get such attention.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    That makes sense. And also thanks for including the Kingdom of the Golden Land mod. I appreciate it.
    Yep, no problem - but they will be part of the Sheikah when Agahnim rules as i have never attempted to add a new faction into the mod. The Sheikah will get the best units from the KoGL-mod.

Hyrule and Lanayuru gets New Hyrule-units.

Occaa gets Occaa units - and possibly Labrynna gets a pistolmen unit with oldschool Labrynna pistols.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Though I must warn you. The new HD models Neph is making may mess up any balancing you have done for those factions before you gave them their HD update. Because the Model and Animations of a unit effect how well a unit does in battle. And this is the primary reason for the Massive HD Factions Overhaul. Neph is Working on. Plus he, of course wants to update the Graphics to his current level of Model making. And while he is at it, To revamp the factions themselves/Factions rosters and units that are not working as intended or as hoped. The Deku Tribes for example, Over the cores of this Mods life. Have just received their 2nd Revamp/make over. They are the only ones to get such attention.
    It's not a big problem as the New Hyrule-units needs to be implemented from the folders and have no stats to begin with. I will get trouble with somee units because they aren't properly UV-mapped so i will need to learn that - but otherwise it's pretty much only models and textures. Animations could be a problem for the crossbowmen-knights because they seem to have a unique crossbow with unique animations. And i do not know if those animations are included with the release of GTW that i got. It was too unfinished to be worth working on in my opinion - the campaign wasn't enterable.

It's better to use the roster of New Hyrule as expansion-material for old Hyrule Total War. But if you or anyone else can make the campaign enterable i will help with that project - i have never worked on a mod from scratch and am not used to be fixing descr_strat and other files before the campaign map is ready. It needs to be ready if i am gonna work on it. The same i would say of UV-mapping - but there i am willing to learn it.

Unfortunately those other cool rosters from Great Sea seems to not be riged. So it's only New Hyrule, some Moblin ships and one Rito-unit. Of course i won't have any use for the ships so it will be New Hyrule divided between the Lanayuru and the Kingdom of Hyrule. The New Hyrule hero - Linbeck - has a cool Labrynna pistol which could be used by the Labrynnian gunners to create a pistolmen-unit. They were originaly supposed to be bodyguards of that hero. He may also be added as a Labrynnian hero. The Rito-unit i will just add to Hyrule.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 11, 2017 at 04:06 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hello guys, i am not an expert at UV-mapping and all elite units of New Hyrule, as well as Tetralyna Zelda and that other girl-hero were not UV-maped yet. I had to try and get the UV-maping in place, and even though i tried my best at it the eyes aren't perfect nor the belt. But i still think it ended up pretty good for the first one: Tetralyna Zelda:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.52.08.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.52.10.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.52.12.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.52.17.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.52.32.png  

Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.45.28.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.45.33.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.45.36.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.45.39.png   Skärmklipp 2017-05-27 17.45.47.png  

- The Havamal

Here are some delayed pictures from in-game:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-57-24-945.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-57-33-322.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-57-43-018.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-57-53-547.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-58-35-726.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-58-38-674.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 08-59-59-442.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 09-01-44-507.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 09-03-26-146.jpg   kingdoms 2017-05-28 09-04-04-364.jpg  

- The Havamal

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

I have decided that this will be a submod for HTW 3.6.

It will add the following:

1. All of the unused units of HTW 3.6 to the respective faction rosters - units such as the Gold Knuckles, Hyrulean Macemen or Hyrulean Archers etc.

2. It will add all the human Hylian, Lanayuru/Zora and Rito units available in the Great Sea: Total war beta - dividing them between factions.

3. Will add all the new custom settlements from the most recent HTW - will also duplicate these settlements to erase old vanilla settlements from the mod.

4. Will hopefully (in the future) add the whole Occa roster to the Occa faction.

5. Will try and implement the Majora faction - but last time i tried it back in 2013 the mod would CTD when holding the mouse over their cities.

- We'll see if i'll be able to do it this time around. Neph has based all of his factions on scripts and there are no faction leaders etc in the descr_strat which makes me confused.

6. Will probably add new weapons and stuff i like from the recent version to old units - such as assault rifles or pistols to the old Labrynnians.

Version 3.6 has the old rosters of all factions, and while some are better in the most recent version i don't think i will implement any new one besides the Occaa - in order to avoid different styles on rosters.

This submod will therefore be old HTW 3.6 with new units from the files or Great Sea, new custom settlements, the new Occaa roster, the Majora faction hopefully (old Majora) and possibly some additional content.

Also, all evil factions start as allies and all good ones start as allies. The mod is therefore divided into two sides!

- The Havamal

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

do you have a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    do you have a release date?
    No, i don't..

And frankly the Majora faction is still a problem due to it not having entries in all files i believe.

I am thinking maybe it's easier to replace another faction such as the Timurids or Normans (they have their entries) in order to avoid that CTD when holding the mouse over their cities. The Occaa faction works, but it lacks most of it's roster currently.

I could of course add the Majora units as regional units for the Twili and Ikana as an alternative. But would be cool with a majora faction, so i may replace one of the other vanilla factions or something - this would mean two Majora factions, but only one of them in the actual campaign.

- The Havamal

Great news:

The Majora faction works after adding the missing entries to the Expanded-txt, in the campaign i mean - also, i managed to add Majora Prime to the campaign in the "Dead Maku Tree"-region - i will probably change location due to the environment being wrong, as one can't really see the moon or the volcano due to the Ikana terrain.

I believe one of the Hyrule-regions will be Majora Prime due to a lack of suitable regions for the faction. The Dead Maku Tree-settlement were the perfect one on the strat-map for the faction, but i want to enjoy everything about the custom settlement and therefore will have to move it to a place with a clear sky.

The plan is to add custom settlements to all regions and using those from Hyrule Historia as well as those from later versions of the mod. I don't care about using multiple capitals if there are no others for a certain faction, everything is better than vanilla - so expect the Deku Tribes to have alot of Deku Primes etc. But where i can i will add variations.

Both Tokay villages should be using the custom settlement i believe.

Moblins could use the undestroyed Demise as their capital and the destroyed ones for the rest of the Moblin settlements.

About Ikana i am not sure.. But will be alot more interesting with custom settlements everywhere.

There are certain exceptions though, as i don't want more than one Lon Lon Ranch etc. Will try to keep Capitals one where i can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-09-10 22-34-55-344.jpg   kingdoms 2017-09-10 22-35-01-453.jpg   kingdoms 2017-09-10 22-35-12-101.jpg   kingdoms 2017-09-11 01-33-15-830.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 16, 2017 at 05:08 AM.

- The Havamal

Nice. I look forward to the update/release of this submod.
    Though what version of Deku Tribes will you have? There are 3 different versions of their faction over the years.
    Me personally I would like a combination of all 3 versions. For example, I would like the Zerros from the 2nd version and the Deku Scrub Bubble Spitters from the 3rd version. Now As for units that are supposed to be the same unit. I'll let you decide on what version of them to use. As I don't have any preference as to their looks at this point. I've become found of the looks of all 3 version of Deku Tribes.

Though you will need to deside on which of the 3 versions Play style to use for the Faction in the Mod. Each of the 3 versions of Deku tribes had a different play style and handled differently to a degree.

The Plowers I think we can do with out though. They never really worked as intended. and we can replace them with Snapdragons any ways. XD
    As for the faction as a hole I would like them to reflect the Cannon Deku Scrubs. Like for example. the Zerros are Flying Deku Scrubs that drop bombs. And both the Zerros and the Deku Scrub Bubble Spitters are based on the Deku Mask in Majora's Mask. The Zerros are also based on an Enemy in ALTTP, called by the same name and it fought in the same manner.
    As for buildings and other faction game mechanics I'll also leave that to your discretion. Though the Mad Scrubs is an interesting idea.

Edit:
    There is one last thing. For all version of all the faction of Hyrule Total War. You will need to decide on what animations and Projectiles to use. As they can all act/function differently with certain advantages and disadvantages.
    Last edited by Eldren; September 16, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Nice. I look forward to the update/release of this submod.
    Though what version of Deku Tribes will you have? There are 3 different versions of their faction over the years.
    Me personally I would like a combination of all 3 versions. For example, I would like the Zerros from the 2nd version and the Deku Scrub Bubble Spitters from the 3rd version. Now As for units that are supposed to be the same unit. I'll let you decide on what version of them to use. As I don't have any preference as to their looks at this point. I've become found of the looks of all 3 version of Deku Tribes.

Though you will need to deside on which of the 3 versions Play style to use for the Faction in the Mod. Each of the 3 versions of Deku tribes had a different play style and handled differently to a degree.

The Plowers I think we can do with out though. They never really worked as intended. and we can replace them with Snapdragons any ways. XD
    As for the faction as a hole I would like them to reflect the Cannon Deku Scrubs. Like for example. the Zerros are Flying Deku Scrubs that drop bombs. And both the Zerros and the Deku Scrub Bubble Spitters are based on the Deku Mask in Majora's Mask. The Zerros are also based on an Enemy in ALTTP, called by the same name and it fought in the same manner.
    As for buildings and other faction game mechanics I'll also leave that to your discretion. Though the Mad Scrubs is an interesting idea.

Edit:
    There is one last thing. For all version of all the faction of Hyrule Total War. You will need to decide on what animations and Projectiles to use. As they can all act/function differently with certain advantages and disadvantages.
    I believe the second Deku Tribe roster is in use - while i do think it's better than the first roster due to it having certain issues, i believe the recent one is the best one - but i will not waste time on adding that faction.

I believe it's better to keep this a submod with only older rosters as they fit better together. Even though the most recent one is superior compared to the first two! The Occaa will be added because they otherwise have only three units or two. As for animations, i do believe the animations already included plus the Occaa ones will be used.

- The Havamal

Does anyone still have version 3.6 with all the Hyrule Historia missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphain View Post
    Does anyone still have version 3.6 with all the Hyrule Historia missions?
    I obviously have it, but not with all the missions unfortunately - as they were separate.

I was kinda surprised as i remembered downloading all the missions..

- I have from mission 19 to mission 29.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I obviously have it, but not with all the missions unfortunately - as they were separate.

I was kinda surprised as i remembered downloading all the missions..

- I have from mission 19 to mission 29.
    Would you be able to upload this somewhere? I would be really interested in poking around a bit in the old game files. (Maybe to create a version 4.6 with the old unit models)

Would you be able to upload this somewhere? I would be really interested in poking around a bit in the old game files. (Maybe to create a version 4.6 with the old unit models)
    I could send you the 3.0 installation files. Or if it's too old try to find a clean 3.6.

My submod won't be handed out to anyone before it's done.

- The Havamal

I like the idea of bringing back previous version of the game. I have 3.2 and 4.2 in my computer as different mods. Sadly I lost the patch that have ancient hylians. So I'm glad you still working on this submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa_Anna View Post
    I like the idea of bringing back previous version of the game. I have 3.2 and 4.2 in my computer as different mods. Sadly I lost the patch that have ancient hylians. So I'm glad you still working on this submod.
    Yeah, i have it safe and secure and will finish it - i am just not sure how to finish off some of the "New-Hyrule"-units as their textures doesn't fit somehow. I will try to restore them, but in the worst case scenario i did not get all the textures from neph - in the best scenario i have them all and just need to fix the UV-maping. I have all the models of the faction but without working textures for half of the units it's not looking good.

- I might as well keep Majora Prime as a custom settlement for the ""Dead Maku Tree" settlement on the map - the volcano is not visible and neither is the moon but it's okay because it's not at the spot of Hyrule Prime for obvious reasons - we cannot have two capitals at the same spot unfortunately - and i do not know of any way to replace a settlement through scripts mid-game.

I looked at a let's play of HTW 4.6 and there seem to be new versions of Hyrule Prime. I actually think it looked better than the old one, but heard the AI get stuck in certain spots as it weren't very AI-friendly. I will probably test all the new ones and add the ones who work well to the older mod. Maybe we can use more than one of them for settlements without custom settlements. It would be better with different versions rather than one and the same.

- The Sky City i wonder if it will work on the terrain - would armies be walking in the sky when attacking it or would they spawn in the city? I will test adding it to the mod, but it's only been used in Hyrule Historia videos as far as i know. I would add it as the Occa capital if it's possible - anyone knows if 4.6 has it in the campaign?

Also there are those Hyrule Historia settlements where they start inside of catacombs and stuff.. Not sure how they would work on the map. The best thing would be to add all of the existing settlements as long as they work properly.

Edit: It will be the previous version in a new shape with new content as well as old. But only old models with the exception of the Occaa.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 10, 2018 at 06:58 PM.

- The Havamal

I could give you a version of my submod from 2014 where i have added the following:

- Non-used units from the mod-folders for a couple of factions.

- Gens & Caps as units for a couple of factions.

- All heroes added to custom battles.

And it is version 3.6 of Hyrule Total War.

- Obviously in the more recent version i have added things such as the Majora faction to the campaign, New-Hyrule units and the Majora Prime settlement - plus a few new units of the old Labrynnians.

As you want to take units and use in 4.6 i think that's fine, i on the other hand want to keep it 3.6 but take stuff from 4.6 instead.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 10, 2018 at 08:19 PM.

- The Havamal

I've finished the Gerudo portraits now (three new) and yes, i know the background isn't the same as for older units but i just doesn't have that background so this will have to do. I am not an artist so i simply want portraits for the new units, but i do not care about the details of the portraits that much.

I've also included pics of said Gerudo units in the deployment screen.

There are also two new Labrynnian units shown, but both of them need fixing when they shoot because they aren't pointing their weapons correctly. The Pistolmen also need their swords and pistols edited so that they do not show up at the same time. I could manage the later, but am hoping for help regarding the repositioning of the weapons when the units fire their guns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-07-12 07-47-18-608.jpg   kingdoms 2018-07-12 07-48-42-910.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-28-32-143.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-28-44-243.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-29-30-841.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-28-02-708.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-28-03-844.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-28-10-710.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-08-32-202.jpg   kingdoms 2018-06-30 23-08-42-048.jpg  

- The Havamal