Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)!

Hello guys, there will be an update to the mod as i will fix a few things that i didn't like with the release.

Things that will be fixed and/or changed:

1. The Church of Majora will get access to Poe regionals and Picoru regionals - possibly others as well.

2. The Rito Ano Fencers Air will be removed from the mod, and replaced with a different 4.6 unit - i don't like how they look when they die. They are supposed to die in water but end up floating in the air. Needless to say i've changed my mind about them, and you'll keep the dismounted ones made for land-battles only.

3. Diplomacy mod will be added so allies will be prevented from betraying each other, while they will be actively helping the player or their AI allies. They already do kind of help the AI allies, but never seems to aid the player - this will be changed. And of course we will have different alliances to make it more like Neph had intended - certain factions won't have allies such as the Stalfos, the River Zora and the Gohma.

4. Possibly add Linbeck as a hero-general for the Labrynna Regime.

I've also uploaded a couple of more videos now, and i am fully aware that i sucked at speaking in the last three or so episodes due to sitting up all night - but it will get better again.

Nabooru defending Ashinon! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #10

Stalfos Plague in Hyrule! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #11

Hyrule Prime falls - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #12

Link brings war to the Gohma - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #13

The Gohma Grand Central Hive - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #14

Link (Immersion MOD) VS Sulkaris! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #15

The Gohma outside of Vigjaro - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #16

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hello, are there any new updates for this submod? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello, are there any new updates for this submod? Thanks
    With the exception of the two new videos that's been uploaded in the middle of july there has been no other updates. The problem is that my microphone/headphone has broke so i need to buy a new one before i can continue the "Kingdom of Hyrule" let's play.

I don't want to ruin the campaign by updating the steam-version of the mod. And if i were to update the CD-version, then people would still use the then outdated hero-patch for Steam on-top of it - which would cause trouble. I need to update both with smaller differences regarding generals/heroes.

I will no doubt update the CD-version soon and playtest it. But no release until i'm done with the Hyrule campaign unless i can solve the issue with the hero-generals patch being incompatible by doing so.

Beating back the Gohma stacks! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #17

Battle of Gohma-held Audorn - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #18

I do indeed intend to remove the Rito Ano Fencers Air from the game, re-implement the old alliances, try implementing that diplomacy-mod, add one new unit to the mod and make it possible for the Church of Majora to recruit the Poe-regionals if they conquer Meesiam.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 30, 2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I am aware you have done very important works already till now, but good luck to you for your next works, bro...

I am aware you have done very important works already till now, but good luck to you for your next works, bro...
    Thanks for the support man, it's appreciated!

Final Version and update of the Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate SUBMOD:

1. New Alliances based on Neph's original ideas - and the Hyrule Historia videos. - I've remade all the Alliances to be more like Neph intended them to be, but with some minor differences compared to in the old version - they have alliances more based on the Hyrule Historia videos in some cases.

2. Added info-text for those heroes/units that lacked it. - I've added the missing information about Fi, Link, Tsume, Ghirahim, the Vagrudanon and the Gold Knuckles.

3. New victory goal for the Church of Majora - I've added the additional condition of holding Seshei (the Oocca Capital) in order for the Church of Majora to win the game.

4. Poe-mercs available as regionals for the Church of Majora - If you conquer the settlement of Meesiam as the Church of Majora, then you can now recruit the Poe mercs/regionals.

5. New unit_info-portraits for the Great Sea-units. - Yep, i've replaced my unit_info-cards with Undying Nephalim's official pics from TWC for the Great Sea: TW units. - Including the Lanayru Mages.

6. Captain Linbeck-hero with Pistolmen bodyguard for the Labrynna Regime. - I've implemented the Labrynnian Hero Captain Linbeck from the Great Sea: Total War demo, and he has a Pistolmen bodyguard.

I did also remove the Rito Ano Fencers Air mercs from the mod, as i disliked how they died in the air. They were originally intended for sea-battles after all. The land-based ones are still in the mod.

7. More numerous starting forces for Prince Zant in the campaign.

8. Gold Knuckle officers for the Bronze/Iron Knuckles. - I've made the Gold Knuckles officers for the Bronze and Iron Knuckles.

9. Improved Zuna starting economy - As i had gotten reports that they had a horrible economy at the start.

10. Rebel Silver Surfer Pathfinders/Pioneers fixed in the campaign!

11. I've also updated the "Hero Generals Patch" - Which is an optional patch to be used with the Steam-version of Medieval 2, and the Battle Immersion Mod by Hit&Run - the mod might become unstable in battles, and when returning to the campaign map - if the Battle Immersion Mod is used.

- It works, but the mod is much more stable when it's not used - that's part of the reason why the patch is optional.

I've uploaded a video previewing most of the changes (with the exception of the two latest changes made today, namely the Zuna Economy fix, and the Pathfinders/Pioneers silver surfers for the rebels that i fixed today.) here:

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 20, 2019 at 05:36 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Nice preview, really

I hope you share the final update link with us very soon. Thanks for all works again...

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Nice preview, really

I hope you share the final update link with us very soon. Thanks for all works again...
    It's the same link as previously - i did simply replace the old upload with a new one.

It's in the first post.

- The Havamal

Hi the campaing did not start after.
    There was the this error messages
    15:11:54.161 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2956, column 145
    trying to attach a non-spy reb_Yisoti(slave) to settlement Picorou Ruins(stalfos) which is invalid.
    15:11:54.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_mercenaries.txt, at line 63, column 10
    Unrecognised unit name found: 'Kam Ano Fencers_sea'
    15:11:54.164 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3068, column 49
    problem with faction relationship, probably an incorrect faction string
    i did fixed for my self you by commenting them out

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    Hi the campaing did not start after.
    There was the this error messages
    15:11:54.161 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2956, column 145
    trying to attach a non-spy reb_Yisoti(slave) to settlement Picorou Ruins(stalfos) which is invalid.
    15:11:54.279 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_mercenaries.txt, at line 63, column 10
    Unrecognised unit name found: 'Kam Ano Fencers_sea'
    15:11:54.164 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/HyruleN/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3068, column 49
    problem with faction relationship, probably an incorrect faction string
    i did fixed for my self you by commenting them out
    You need to tell me the details.. Like if you managed to play how many turns? Or did it crash before you had played anything? Or is it when loading a saved game?

I can't tell anything from logs.

- The Havamal

strating a campaign just did trhow me back to the menu

strating a campaign just did trhow me back to the menu
    Alright, then you must have installed it wrongly.

- The Havamal

I've fixed the silver surfer River Zora of the rebels inside of Mothulus (found out about the issue when attacking the settlement as the Oocca), and the Ooccoo-hero has been fixed as well - as it still used the same texture as the other Oocca Commandants (i had forgotten to change the line in the BMDB).

Just download the Hero General's Patch again if using that. Or download the new Ooccoo-fix patch if using the ordinary version.

It's simply the battle_models.modeldb-file that has been edited. The changes are save-game compatible so just replace the file.

Hero-generals Patch (for Steam - using the Battle Immersion MOD):

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...od-required-20

Ooccoo-texture FIX Patch (for the ordinary version):

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...ange-the-lines
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 03, 2019 at 07:32 PM.

- The Havamal

Hey guys! I just wanna say that i'm very proud with how stable i managed to get this mod. It used to CTD a lot and i managed to remove almost all the CTD-issues. It's also extremely polished, as not only were it extremely detailed from the beginning thanks to Undying Nephalim, but i finished the last few bits.

The only stuff not finished would be the story of the videos (as that is Undying Nephalim's main baby) and the Hyrule Historia missions. I don't know what plans Neph had with the old version before he moved on. But using the stuff he left behind the mod can't possibly be more completed than it is now.

I do believe there can be issues if someone fails to install the mod.. But that is the individual players fault, as i am enjoying the mod, as are many others- without any major issues. So i don't agree with anyone saying the mod is an unstable mess.

- The Havamal

Hello, Mr_Nygren, are there any improvements since your last comment, bro?

Thanks

Hello, Mr_Nygren, are there any improvements since your last comment, bro?

Thanks
    Yes, there are a lot of improvements but they won't be released until i'm finished.

Here are some things that will be in the update:

1. I've replaced the old Aquamarines-model from december of 2013- with the new Aquamarines from april of 2014 -in use in the Great Sea: Total War-demo.The main difference is that it does add a Zora Dominion model to the unit.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've fixed the wrong skin of the Lanayru Mages in use by the Church of Majora- they do now use the proper Majora skin by Neph.

3. The Church of Majora also has the proper skin for the Zora Dominion model in use by the more recent Aquamarines from the Great Sea demo.

4. I've updated Vigjaro on my version of the submod, as the AI had trouble sallying out and using the pathways properly on the older version from 2013.The updated city is the same but with fixed pathways, and a new statue- the statue is of Princess Zelda 1 -replacing the statue of Hylia, makes sense because the Hylians did not remember Hylia.

The fix by Neph of this custom settlement is from 2015. The AI could move well, and sally out well- in the fixed version.

5. I've fixed the issue with the Kakariko village being impossible to siege from the Goron-side. The slope used to be impossible to move on- which caused the Goron army to just stand below it waiting for the defender to sally out. It forced the player into using autoresolve- or leaving the battlefield -ending with a loss.

There are three ways into Kakariko, and the way from the Goron lands used to be blocked by impassable mountainous terrain. It would seem that the mod didn't have a descr_pathfinding-file. I took one from Warcraft: Total War- and it made all the mountainous terrain moveable there.

The issue with units starting on impassable mountainous terrain anywhere on the map- like close tot he Goron Mountains -should also be fixed now.

This fix and others will be available in the next update. I do plan to fix more issues as i've been playing a lot.

6. I've added the much better rolling animation of the new 4.6 SUMOS to the Goron Guardians, Berzerkers and Miners. It doesn't look annoying to the eye anymore and is much more natural.

The new "Rollingbig"-anim worked for all the older units, who are all big like the Sumo.

7. I've fixed the issue with Cia not spawning if the Order of the Wizzrobe faction were under AI control.

They lacked the entry in the script-file for the AI, and she would only spawn when the player played as the Wizzrobes.

Now Cia will spawn as the AI as well.

8. I've added Princess Otaylo of the Tokay to the mod as her own unique model, as the old one were the same in use by the female officer- this new model is the 4.6 version.

Doesn't matter as their roster is a mix of both styles. I did play for about 50 something turns until Labrynna finally killed me off with their tanks. I've improved the units at the start and made them varied.

9. I've added the unique hero-model for Master Vorday of the Zuna.

10. I've fixed the issue with the Darknut custom settlements on the map being the Zuna custom settlement in battle. I didn't know of this issue until i tried a battle.

It is now the proper Darknut custom settlement in all the Darknut regions. The Zuna only have two, just like on the strat-map.

11. The Twili faction under Queen Midna would be destroyed one turn after she has lost all her regions to Prince Zant and fallen herself, no matter how many armies are still standing- you'd get the "Zant offers a surrender"-message and could click yes or no, but at the same turn the message that your faction has been defeated would show-up - forcing you as the player back to the main menu.

This has been fixed, as i did remove the faulthy text killing the Midna-faction off whenever she has lost all her settlements and died herself in battle. Now you will not only be able to say yes or no to Zant's surrender offer - but if you decline you can fight with any units still standing to the death, or if you accept the surrender the new King Zant will get all your remaining troops- and you will be teleported as Imp-Midna to Hyrule with two units of Repentants.

The idea for the player is that he/she should play as Imp-Midna and restore her army by exploring Hyrule and hire mercenaries to fill up her ranks. Then return to the Twilight Realm and defeat King Zant. This still is hard to do due to economy.

12. The script was made so that the AI would ask the other AI to surrender, no matter if Prince Zant or Queen Midna would win, which didn't work for some reason- it just never happened.

I've changed this and enabled the surrender message to show for the player no matter what faction the player is playing as. If you click on "yes" you will surrender the losing faction and all it's remaining heroes/units to the victor - which is Queen Midna nine times out of ten, as Prince Zant has been nerfed back to the old strength.

There is a reason for this nerf as Prince Zant doesn't have any spawning script implemented for the Zanti-faction should he win the war and build the portal. Queen Midna has a script so that when she wins the war you the player will be able to accept or decline the surrender of Prince Zant, if you decline they are all killed, and if you accept the surrender on Prince Zant's behalf- then his forces will join with Midna in the Twilight realm.

When Queen Midna builds the portal to Hyrule King Zant was set to spawn as a part of her faction close to Arbiter Grounds. But for the portal to be buildable the surrender offer must be given and answered- which never happened previously.

13. The Mirror, Mirror historical event, which activates whenever Queen Midna has built the portal to Hyrule from the Twilight Realm - after winning the civil war against Prince Zant when both factions are under AI-control, has now been properly made functional.

Previously the event-message would show up at every turn after the portal had been built, the same is also true for the Twilight Invasion historical event- i fixed this annoying issue by looking at the spawns Neph did for the heroes. I saw that these two events lacked the "terminate monitor"-line making the event show up every turn. Fortunately it has been fixed so it will only show once.
    One turn after this event we will have the "Twilight Invasion" event.

14. I've managed to make the Twilight Invasion historical event fully functional. I spent all my awaken time since dinner on sunday working on getting this script and the connected events fully functional in the mod. I had some issues:

1. Event message came multiple times - solution was the "terminate monitior"-line.

2. Armies going through the portal refused to move, or did move to the region closest to the water opposite the Twilight Realm - where they'd get stuck because they can't move to the Twilight realm by land.

Solution:

I tried to give the spawning invading forces targets like the Arbiter Grounds-settlement, it stated they should "maintain siege" etc- but the armies would simply end the siege and move the forces to the water area opposite the Twilight Realm on the map. There seemed to be no way to make the invading Twili armies actually take and hold a settlement. In other words it seemed like it didn't work.

Looking at the River Zora they had a similar issue, they would take one region and then abandon the siege of all the other besieged settlements to move all their units to the one region that they've managed to conquer (Joogal). There they would fight to the last, and try to expand- this led me to believe that if the Twilight faction already has areas on the map they would always try to go there, but if they did not have land -then they would take one settlement and then try to keep it to the death.

As such the solution was to make King Zant, Lady Middee and the other spawned invasion armies not belong to Queen Midna, but to the vanquished Zant-faction. The Zant-faction had no settlements anymore, so they would take the settlement besieged unless the defender were too strong (Darknut Legion) and then fight to the death. If the defender managed to beat the besieging armies they would end up stuck and not do anything for the rest of the campaign. As such i made sure they could win their siege-battle. After this they will defend to the last man.

15. We have all the Forces of the Twilight-related scripts working properly in the mod now.

1. Surrender offer.

2. Mirror, Mirror.

3. Twilight Invasion.

4. Midna's Return - Yes, i've made sure hat the script works when Imp-Midna returns after 50 turns or so from the date of her banishment from the Twilight Realm.

And btw, i've learnt how to add any unit as a general through the script- which is why i have spent the night adding all the extra heroes of the "Forces of the Twilight" as generals.

Zant-faction as the player- Will spawn Olg at the first turn as a general (coding from Tedster's old submod helped), and will spawn Argorok the Dragon together with Dark Onox (the first wasn't implemented before anywhere).

Midna-faction as the player- Una the Brave is now a general, coding from Tedster's submod helped with making the process faster.
    Zant-faction as the AI when Midna is also an AI-faction- Olg, Argorok, Middee and Dark Onox are now spawning as invasion armies together with Validna and King zant himself- six huge armies will invade a historical settlement randomly between turn 24-40. The settlement will fall- you'll have to take it back. Where it is is a surprise.

I'm planing on adding the rest of the heroes as generals. I've added Link and Fi already.

16. Armored Moblin Grunts added as a new heavy infantry unit for the Moblins!

I've removed three heroes from the custom battles, and added the first out of three new units to the mod.

The first one is based on the officer (not a general nor a captain) "moblin3" which seems to be a left-over model never used peviously as it's own unit in the mod.

It's Moblin Grunts but with heavy armor and using clubs instead of spears.

17. I've fixed the Nal Ordona custom settlement, and units invading will now use the bridges if they come from the south or from the east- they won't be able to walk over the body of water anymore!

A defender may use the bridges to flank an invader and shoot them from behind with arrow fire. It happened during my playtest. The Ordona Rebels would send their Farmer Archers over the bridge, and attack the invading forces from behind as they were crossing the second bridge.

There is also the third front from the main entrance of the city. A defender might have to defend on three fronts.

18. I've made all the Great Sea: Total War units become available only after Princess Zelda V (5) spawns through the event.

19. Two campaigns, one sandbox campaign in which all the heroes have been made to spawn earlier - and one story-campaign with Neph's old numbers for when heroes and armies will spawn.

- The Story-Campaign is going to have forced diplomacy for factions that should be allied, and the alliance is going to be enforced each new turn- meaning you cannot fight a war against your allies for more than one turn without finding yourself an ally of the faction the next turn.

- The Sandbox campaign is going to have free alliances meaning you start allied to the factions you should be allied to, but will be free to declare war on anyone, ally anyone, or betray anyone of your choice.

The Story-Campaign will have additional heroes such as Human Akazoo spawning.

20. All the heroes with the exception of the mercenaries Malon and Ashei, are now the generals- you'll have Link, Fi, Ghirahim, Majora, Majora-Zelda III and any other beast, hero or giant as proper generals.

- The generals will spawn during certain events, or when certain goals are completed in the mod. Unfortunately it is impossible to add new events to this version of Hyrule as far as i know- because the text-file is dated 2012, while the other file is dated 2014 -and any change in any of those and the River Zora invasion script will crash at every turn. This also did prevent me from changing the settlement names of certain settlements, because i cannot do any edit of the "settlements and regions"-file, nor the "historical events"-file - without the Zola script starting to CTD.

But expect many heroes to spawn together with the other heroes- such as Ganondorf spawning together with Dakkon, Princess Zelda III spawning together with General Kazakk (and General Akazoo in the story campaign), Zelda V together with Tetra etc.

And as for other stuff i've also added things like conquering a certain settlement in order to get a certain hero. The Stalfos will as an example get Deadhand and Dethl as generals if they take Kakariko, and the Gohma will get Sulkaris's old form if they conquer the Forest Meadow Temple and if Saria of the Kokiri is dead as an example. Ordona will get Tsume if they conquer Timberfell.

21. The Lizalfos and the River Zora has been vastly improved.

- River Zora is starting with the region "Fort of Wings" and will hence have the Storm Zora from the start including their hero Mahxai.

- The Lizalfos are starting with the Korkuloki settlement and will have the Volvagians from 4.6 available from there from the start- they did also get two new heroes- Trinexx, Lord of Turtle Rock, and Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants.

I did also add the small worm-creature as a new unit to the Lizalfos, as i had been inspired by Neph's new roster. The Rope-creature is pretty much the same creature but green instead of red.

The Gerudo and the Lizalfos both have access to the old Volvagians from their capitals as well. Previously the unit were not in the recruitment!

22. I had forgotten to add all the Gohma factional units to the campaign in the recruitment- the Gohma now can recruit Juveniles, Adolescents, Viridgohma and the Trap Door Gohma.

23. I've changed certain rebel garrisons and made them stronger- including re-adding the Deku Monkeys in Turongo.

24. The Wild Life now has only Dodongo's in the Dodongo's Cavern- Vyorsoth and Trinexx are now in the Lizalfos faction. You'll also get King Dodongo as the Gorons if you conquer Dodongo's Cavern- as a general.

25. Stalfos now has Goobalwee from the start instead of Turongo, and all their armies have the increased strength of their original spawn. The game would CTD if i tried to spawn many Stalfos armies, so i had to make them available as garrisons from the start- they are much stronger.

26. The Gorons can no longer recruit the Volvagians because they are enemies.

Edit:

27. Horon, Tokay, Subrosian, Huskus and the Zuna can now recruit any and all mercenaies and regionals in the mod. This will make the minor factions funnier to play as.

28. I've added uncursed Ikana as an extra settlement to the Ikanian fort, and i did add the Shadow Temple (Stalfos Capital) as a fort close to Kakariko.

29. Makayane is kind enough to help me with a custom settlement, and she has been working on it for almost three weekends now. It's looking great i have to say!

While Undying Nephalim created the city and it's textures, it still were completely unplayable- armies on the ground couldn't move to the city, and armies in the city's plaza couldn't move at all- this weren't solved by fixing the pathways neither. Makayane had to do a lot of work to make it work and the last i heard she had done great progress on making it playable.

It will be all thanks to her if the settlement will show up in the submod as the Capital of the Oocca- the Sky City.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 20, 2019 at 08:24 PM.

- The Havamal

Will you add living Ikana somewhere?
    Maybe as Rebels or regional units somwhere.
    For example in Faron as an lost colonie of Ikana who weren´t crused?

Will you add living Ikana somewhere?
    Maybe as Rebels or regional units somwhere.
    For example in Faron as an lost colonie of Ikana who weren´t crused?
    Nope, i would have wanted an event but i cannot add events to this mod and as such i can't do it. It has the River Zora crash whenever i do.

- The Havamal

Hello guys, yesterday Makayane sent me her first WIP playable version of the Sky City- and i've added it as a custom settlement village to the mod. I played a battle for over an hour as the Zora/Zora Dominion and used two full early period armies against the five units of Oocca that were defending. It is clear that they will need some nerfing as they managed to win despite the battle being equal for a long time, until the Walker Cannons killed off the final Zora units or made them route.

"Hello, Makayane over at TWC has helped me and the mod out, by making the Sky City- a custom settlement created by Undying Nephalim, and the Capital of the Oocca faction -playable!

The settlement used to be unplayable, because attacking armies would be stuck on the ground down below the city - and defenders used to be unable to move from the plaza. Makayane has fixed this, and she have spent three weeks on it- i'm not certain how many days she spent time on it, but she told me at least 3-4 hours each day when she did do work on it.

She had to remove invisible stuctures, add functional defensive positions, add working pathways- which included removing structures/buildings that were in the way of the troops for them to be able to move, then had to remove certain terrain and replace with other in order to get the camera to not be totally messed up etc.

The settlement is still a WIP and isn't finished as for it's gameplay. I did play as the Zora attacking the city and have been sending Makayane feedback based on how that went. A video will be uploaded soon. I do believe that Makayane has already made some of the defensive positions working in the game- but the AI will be too stupid to use them -they are intended for the player only.

There are still some pathways and balconies that could possibly be worked on. - And the plaza is currently below the location of the supposed location of the plaza, so in essence the settlement works but could still be improved. Makayane did create the pathway from the ground and up to the city- and there are two platforms from which an invader can enter the city.

Previously the city couldn't be entered from the ground, and hence where totally unplayable- i do believe Neph had intended for the city to be playable in Mission 39 which he never finished. The city is used in his cinematics though."

A video that i've uploaded on Youtube where i am attacking the city as the Zora:

I have some pictures to show you of the battle- as well as a video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.30.59.28.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.31.05.13.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.51.46.10.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.52.13.19.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.54.36.88.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 06.55.42.38.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 07.03.03.92.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 07.12.04.63.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 07.12.13.86.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.11.26 - 07.12.22.75.jpg  

- The Havamal

Makayane sent me a PM where she wrote this:

"I think it's working fairly well now...

Included in that is a revised map_heights.tga (and map.rwm in case you have any problem generating that) but I'd recommend just replace the map_heights, delete the map.rwm and see if that works, then you'll know it's up-to-date with any other changes in your version! It definitely needs the map_heights adjusted - otherwise the whole thing is too high, and out of the bounds of what will work on the battle map - you'd see the black terrain on the mini-map and the higher deployment areas won't work.

I haven't included the building textures - they're the same as you had originally.

I did fix the uv mapping on the torch shaped things in the end - they were annoying me!

There's now a way up from ground level on the right hand side as well as left - but you can't get from left to right around the back (norht) of the city - I'm hoping that will stop any ai armies that appear at the back from dithering about which way to go!

Defending AI will come out and attack you on the deployment area in front IF they hugely overpower you - apparently having Volvagain Serpents defending against Town Guard attackers is a bad idea...

The areas you can stand troops on (that aren't ground) are shown here;

I've bodged doors onto the model of that central tower so it should look OK getting to the lower platforms.
    The big central platform troops just disappear into the centre of the design in the middle. ( I know he's got a ramp that looks like it should provide access - but it'd take me a week to get a link/ladder path that looked anything like right going round a gradual curve! and it'd still look crap if 2 units were using it at the same time - CA didn't bother sorting the animations for that, so the units just pass through each other... )

The long curvy paths to the left and right can't be used directly for troops to go from the rear area to the front platforms - the ai/pathfinding won't go onto a deployment area as a route from ground to ground. But if you direct your unit to go onto the path first, then when it's on the path you can tell it to get off at the other end.

Are the only things that have collisions - cloudy shaped thing is what should (with the map_heights sorted) stop the camera going back to ground level - the things troops stand on need collisions - and I've given them to the two main towers behind and in front of the plaza... those two should help you get the camera up high enough to view the balconies you can deploy troops onto.

I haven't given them to anything else, so you will be able to move the camera through buildings - I think that's better than the alternative though, which would make the camera path very jumpy, and complicate where you can place troops on the ground if it's 'blocked' by a building below/behind"

After i did fight two battles in the city as both the attacker, and the defender- i did post the following text on MODDB:

"Previously you would walk from the ground below the city and up to it, using a path that were circling around it- it would look slightly off as the units would be moving up trhough the clouds and on towards the city.Makayane remade this, and changed the map heights of the strategic map, this means that the ground below the city is now much farther down than previously- and the road to the city has now been changed as well.

I tried attacking the city with many armies, and unlike in the past when they would start below the city on the ground and then circle around it, they will now all start on-top of the clouds. So all the armies are starting on the clouds and you cannot view the ground below anymore. It's too far down for the camera!

Makayane also did make it so that the clouds would hide most of the invading armies while they are marching up to the city. While some of them are visible temporarily from time to time you can't really see them until they reach the area next to the city.

The besieging armies will encircle the Sky City, and move through these clouds until they arrive at the platforms of the city. I'd say the city is looking much better now, and you don't really need to sally out either as the attacker can now attack from two fronts without issues.

The only exceptions are the Gorons, Labrynna and the Kokiri- they have static defensive units and you will need to sally out to defeat those units.
    Makayane has done an impressive amount of work for the last four weeks to make the Sky City, created by Undying Nephalim- playable! She said she would create the strat-model so i'm currently awaiting that while doing some work myself on other bits."

I'm also going to post a few pictures from both the battles of the city, and one video from the battle where i played the "Fairies of Tarm" as the defender- while being attacked by the Gorons.

"All the factions in the mod have diplomats, but the diplomats of the Oocca, Horonians, River Zora and the Gohma had been edited out- the Oocca doesn't speak to the insects of Hyrule, the River Zora are barbaric savages, the Gohma are a hive of insect-like beings who wants to consumate everything and the Horonians i just thought didn't need one.

Well, i've changed my mind on the Horon and River Zora factions- they do now have diplomats. For the others you can activate them in the EDB if you wish to have diplomats for the Gohma and the Oocca as well. It's a matter of simply removing the ";" from their entry.

I did the work of adding diplomats to all the races in june."

"Makayane remade the plaza-area of Undying Nephalim's Sky City- the lower area beneath the plaza has been removed, the two additional roads are now leading directly to the upper area of where the plaza where supposed to be located- and the plaza is now in-front of the entrance to the "Palace" of the Sky City.

The stairs to the plaza are now working as well. And the annoying issue with the camera going down towards the ground beneath the city has been fixed. The camera will now zoom out when you get close to the defensive positions, or close to the buildings.

The platform seen here is now available for defenders to be placed on as well."

"The Sky City Plaza has been fixed and completed. The stairs now work as intended."

"The white things seen on this picture used to have a grey untextured look- Makayane finished the UV-maping and now they are properly textured in white."

"Just a cool picture of the carnage at the Sky City Plaza. Agitha is present as well."

"As the player you will now be able to place troops on all the balconies of the Sky City.

Makayane made them work in the mod."

"As the player you will also be able to place defending troops on all the bridge-like structures, and the grand platform of the city- besides the previously mentioned balconies.

Makayane has made all the defensive positions work.

The extra pathways/roads to the plaza will also work, even though you do need to manually click on the units to move to the roads - or they'll use the other path."

Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Sky City WIP Final Playtesting!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.19.02.88.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.19.46.62.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.20.25.68.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.36.43.40.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.40.21.95.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.40.35.13.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.42.20.59.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.42.54.76.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.45.58.15.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.03 - 20.46.05.79.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 05, 2019 at 03:44 PM.

- The Havamal

Love the pictures! It looks much better with the giant spiders and creatures than it did when I was testing it in geomod...