Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.8 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

Also do you have a download link?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.8 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

It is unreleased.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    What I meant was do the factions attack each other and the player more. In the version all the factions are kind of no violent unless you attack first.
    Finally this site is working fine again - I can now edit my posts and quote your post and other posts as well.

- Do not worry about that, the AI will attack and is aggressive - just not sure if it is the most aggressive one. But it won't let the player be in peace. Playing as the Lanayru it took over 20 turns until the Gohma attacked.. But playing as Hyrule you get attacked way sooner. Depends on what faction you play as and how close the enemies are.

- In my submod the good factions start as allies and the evil ones do, making factions like the Kokiri less likely to attack Hyrule, as they'd risk being abandoned by their other allies. You still have the same old goals but i hated how you got betrayed too often by your supposed allies. Now with half the factions starting at war with the other half, and half the factions starting as allies to one another - we will have less betrayals but very active warfare. And when you attack the Zora as the Gorons you might have to deal with more factions if they do not choose your side.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 06, 2019 at 06:57 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

So, is there a 3.6 or 3.8 download link anywhere for people that want to play an older version or is the only answer to wait for this submod?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamrett View Post
    So, is there a 3.6 or 3.8 download link anywhere for people that want to play an older version or is the only answer to wait for this submod?
    In the other thread under this one.. You could check the threads first before asking. It is just below this one and not hard to miss:

(It is 3.8 and not the submod).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?736670-Looking-for-version-3-8/page2

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    In the other thread under this one.. You could check the threads first before asking. It is just below this one and not hard to miss:

(It is 3.8 and not the submod).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?736670-Looking-for-version-3-8/page2

Seeing as it's not on the first page or immediately obvious that there is a link ahead, you could try being less rude in future, rather than act superior because people aren't going to go through all the various threads asking the same question in case one has a link buried down the comments. You're very often rude, both here and on moddb, you put a lot of people off your work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamrett View Post
    Seeing as it's not on the first page or immediately obvious that there is a link ahead, you could try being less rude in future, rather than act superior because people aren't going to go through all the various threads asking the same question in case one has a link buried down the comments. You're very often rude, both here and on moddb, you put a lot of people off your work.
    There are two pages, not many, and i didn't create the thread so i cannot add the download-link to the first page - only the creator of the thread can do that.

I don't know about that. You are free to your opinion, but one thing - after getting the same question on moddb about issues a million times it is easy to get tired.

Edit:

Explanation of the difference between a modder and a game developer:

Earlier back in 2017 i got some critique about being rude in the Westeros forum to what moderators called customers. I want to explain something, namely that you players are not my customers - i do not get paid for any work that i do on any mod that i do work on. I don't even have donations like Undying Nephalim has. As such, i do not owe you anything because you are not paying me or anything - i could stop working on any mod at any one time. I don't have any obligation to finish any one mod, i don't need to support players/fans with any issues - I could just disappear and leave any project unfinished any day.

I do help and unlike the other team-members of Warcraft Total War (as an example) i have been active on moddb the whole time checking the page and assisting players. I don't have to do this, as i do not have modding as my job - because as i said i do not get paid and am modding on my own free-time (which i've had too much of) for free. Of course i try to be nice, but when the same questions are asked too often i get tired which means that i may be rude in my answer and tell someone to read the article first or the comments first - before asking.

Usually i myself am used to search for something in the old threads and ask after i cannot find what i've searched for.

A game developer like that woman who got fired for being rude to customers has one main difference - namely that they get paid and are representing a company. If you scare away your customers and also get paid by them, then that shows you are not suited for the position - because it is bad for the company to have you in your position if they are loosing customers. Also, scaring away your own customers will make you yourself earn less money which is the opposite of what you'd want as a GD.

As a modder however, i don't have a company that i am representing, and i do not have money to worry about loosing - i only risk loosing a fan of my work. And that is not the same thing. At the end of the day you and other players are not my customers, you are CA:s customers - and fans of mod-projects. I like being popular but in the end i don't owe anyone anything and could quit support and modding any day. Mods like Warcraft could have been abandoned long before being released.. People are just lucky the mods were released because once again we do not get anything more than a "thank you" for modding, so we don't owe the players anything.

Game developers owe the players a finished product and support because you pay them. We don't owe you a finished mod and could just end development any day.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 06, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

- The Havamal

- Majora-Zelda unit/unit-info cards done a while back.

- Unit cards for Tetra done a while back, of course i didn't bother with removing the background here - too much grass and stuff.

- Tsume mercenary unit_info card also made a while back.

- Fixed the Vaati Wrath-unit and made cards for it a while back.

- Hyrulean Macemen and Archer Knights unit cards made.

- Unit cards for the new units in the rosters of the Darknut Legion, Lanayru Province, Labrynna Regime, Church of Majora and the Kingdom of Hyrule made.

- Oocca Emissaries and Oocca Scouts (Demokan Emissaries and Demokan Scouts) unit_info cards made - and Neph's unit cards added.

The picture "Attachments"-function no longer works, at least not on Firefox - and Google Chrome has an issue with the site as well. The site doesn't look as it should so i am forced to use Firefox, where it looks alright - but the "attachments"-function no longer works.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM.

- The Havamal

- UI updated with all the old symbols of Hyrule Total War in all the fields - this concerned the factions of the Oocca, the Huskus, the Zuna, the Horonians, the Tokay and the Subrosians.

- Faction selection screens completed for the factions of the Church of Majora, Oocca, Zuna, Tokay, Horonians, Huskus Remnants, Wild Life and the Subrosians. I've used a picture of their custom settlement capitals in case they had no cool big picture with all their stuff.

- Zanti UI symbols fixed where they didn't exist - i've made the missing variations of the symbols.

- Oocca hero "Ooccoo" ready for implementation - after i got help from Bantu Chieftain (WarcraftTW modeller) to remove the helmet of the Commandant.

- Oocca Captain/general and Oocca Commandants added to the mod for the Oocca faction.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 10, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Mr_Nygren's Submod).

Hello guys, i do know that i've been focusing on different projects this whole month (since april 27th actually) but here are the updates from MODDB for those that do not know about them:

1. I've released my work on re-creating the Hyrule Total War movies in .bik-format for the campaign, for as many different factions as i possibly could - these videos are available as downloads over at MODDB and are compatible with all versions of Hyrule Total War. Of course the Oocca-videos aren't of any use yet due to the Oocca-faction not being playable in any older HTW-version - the same applies to Majora.

2. I've fixed the glitched "Young Rutela" character model by re-doing the UV-maping and editing the texture.

3. I've added all the regional rosters to the Church of Majora-faction, after Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord server helped me by making all the new reskins of the textures - i did send him the textures, then he made the reskins - after which i coded everything into the mod.

4. I've done half the recruitment of the new regional Majora-units. I did waste two weeks in april, and since april 27th i haven't done anything on this mod. But i am aiming for a release before the end of summer or august. Hopefully earlier and maybe in late june but at the latest august.

5. I've made a video about installing the movie-packages and the Hyrule Historia Missions - previewing modding-work, the mod etc as things load.

- The Havamal

Yesterdays update (as i spent the entire day and evening working on this mod):

1. I've remade the descr_strat starting garrisons for the "Church of Majora"-faction. Instead of having elite units as well as medium and basic units, they now have only basic and medium units - with the exception of the heroes and maybe the Majora Wraths shocktroops.

- No super heavy unit in the starting force, and no elite Hylian troops - with the exception of Majora with bodyguard.

2. I've added the correct pics for all of Majora's buildings that they share with most other faction rosters. This took me 3 hours of constant work and no pause

- The culture for majora is "mesoamerican" in the files, and the buildings had most other cultures - one had to copy/paste all the correct files and then rename their culture properly.

The info-pics are also changed.

Many of the buildings had 2-6 upgrades with new pics as well.

3. I've finished the regional-recruitment for all of the "Church of majora" regional rosters!

- This means that the Church of Majora is 100% ready now.

4. Due to a bug where units moving through portals cannot properly move on the other side, i had to give Zanti a region in mainland Hyrule in order for their armies to actually do something if going through the portal later in the game. Fortunately they had the Olnach region as their ownership already.

5. When the player is controlling the Midna-Twili faction they start with just one unit in the Arbiter Grounds-settlement.

6. As the Arbiter Grounds were moved from Gerudo ownership to Twili, i had to give the Gerudo another additional starting settlement - I figured this would be Wynalodorf as it almost always is taken by the Darknuts otherwise.

7. If the AI is controlling the Twili-Midna faction the King zant invasion will happen on turn 2. I had to give the faction the Arbiter Grounds settlement/region in mainland Hyrule to prevent issues when moving there for the AI. The spawning scripts might have been enough if they move through the portal, but they rarely do.

I've seen campaigns for 250 turns without the Twili using the portal. This doesn't affect the Prince Zant/Princess Midna battle in the Twilight Realm. If you play other factions you won't face those two - and if you play as Midna you will not have King zant spawn. If you play Prince Zant then King Zant will spawn for Midna but he will be in Hyrule while you are in the Twilight Realm - it is very unlikely he will be alive after the Civil war ends.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 23, 2019 at 01:11 AM.

- The Havamal

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Great work, keep it up! When I have time (If that day ever comes, so very likely after a couple of release anyways) I'll sit down and play a proper campaign
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Great work, keep it up! When I have time (If that day ever comes, so very likely after a couple of release anyways) I'll sit down and play a proper campaign
    Thanks for the support man, and the +rep is appreciated

I'm constantly updating the MODDB-page on a more regular basis than this thread as well. Recent updates (and btw, the mod isn't too far from ready - i just have the final mercenaries/civilians left to add- then implement said civilians to the script which is the most time-consuming work. I'm doing civs now because i won't have space left for everything i'd like from 4.6 - and the Civs are more important overall i think.):

1. -The capital of the Stalfos, Aslosus, has a custom strat-map model now. I hadn't decided previously but i went for the Ashinon model.
    Also, the Stallord hero, and Deadarm with both body and separate arms have been added to Tantari.Stalfos armies are now spawning on the second turn with the exception of the four units in Tantari, and a faction leader in Sorkariko.

2. -
    I've made Aslosus use the Ashinon model in battle as well.

3. -I've taken the time to port the strat-map resources made by Undying Nephalim that he made for the 4.6 version of the mod.

I had to copy the .cas model files, the textures and their icons to three separate folders, then i had to compate the descr_strat with the new one from 4.6 and manually move the resources over to the right coordinates ont he map - the map in 4.6 is bigger so i had to cut the stuff from regions not in the old version of the mod. This took a few hours.

I've also compared the text-files connected to the resources/Papal faction and copied over every new line of text.Besides these changes i've added a couple of heroes/units to the campaign in the starting garrisons or the recruitment, removed hero-entries from the Hyrule Historia Missions, removed over 40 heroes from the EDU and is now ready to implement new units.

4. -
    I've updated the custom battles-only Ancient Hylians faction, by adding the Wind Tribe "Minish Armos" and the "Minish Golems" to them.

5. -
    I've added the 4.6 Oocca/Minish units to the Oocca faction, as well as the "Hylian Goddesses" units as seen in the movies - Kovalians, Gibdo's and Silver Guards/Stalkers. Their hero Ooccoo might not be added to the custom battles but will be in the campaign.

6. -
    I've implemented the new Tokay units from version 4.6 to the old Tokay roster to increase their number of units. They only had Tokay Hunters in the old verrsion, as the Labrynna Tokay slaves and Cannon fodders were Labrynna only. They will also get those from Labrynnian lands, as well as mercs of course.

7. -
    I've implemented the new models from version 4.6 to increase the roster of the Zuna.

8. -
    I had no choice but to remove the old Hawks and the Shepherds due to limited slots of animal handlers, and the Oocca faction needed that slot. Instead they've gotten the new Hawks from version 4.6 together with the War Wagons.

-
    In-battle shot of the new Zuna army.

-
    Zoomed-in view of the new Ordona Province army.

9. -
    Moblin Civs implemented when settlements that matter to the Moblins are attacked!

-Labrynna Civilians/workers in the mod, they spawn when their cities or conqured cities where Humans would like to live are attacked.

Viceo of the new Labrynna Civilians, as i did test them out in the mod:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.26.10.30.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.26.17.55.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.26.33.22.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.26.41.72.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 12.41.26.72.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.27.07.39.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.27.20.63.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.27.31.94.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.27.48.46.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.05.24 - 11.28.53.95.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 26, 2019 at 01:40 AM.

- The Havamal

I've implemented the Oocca facton, under the commander Ooccoo, to the campaign - I've also added all the Tokay, Zuna and Ordona Province new units to the recruitment and merc slots.

I still have about 21 units to implement, such as the Storm Zora mercs, Crown Ridge Goron mercs, Poe mercs, additional units for the Stalfos, Moblins or the Darknuts? And also a few Great Sea units such as the two Rito units.While adding these units will be a fast matter that i could do in a day or two, i also still need to fix the rider offsets of some of the new mounts - mostly for Ordona.

And then there are a few units without unit_info pictures such as the Great Sea new units. I do also need to add a few more heroes to the campaign.
    All of the above could be done in a few days. However, the civilians will need to be added to the script - and i've decided to re-work all of the already implemented ones as well. They are mercs now so they can be used by any faction. I will need to add proper civilians to all the 108 regions x all the factions. This will be time consuming so the release is still two or three weeks away.

I've been implementing units, and i had 21 free slots since before - this were increased to 45 after i removed all the civilian units due to a CTD when they sallied out in auto-resolve.

The new units includes the Keaton mercs, the Crown Ridge Goron Mercs, the Storm Zora mercs, the Minish Mercs, the Poe mercs, the Volvagian Mercs, the various Armos, the Wizzrobe Giant Chilfos, Trinexx and more.- I now only have 23 unit slots left to add. The mount limit of 101 mounts has been reached.

And this after i did replace most of the old mounts, replace all the remaining vanilla Med2 entries, replace most of the Hyrule Historia mounts because those missions doesn't exist anymore in a working state - and now the only way to get more mounts is by replacing the "Alive Ikana Giants" but i won't do that.

Mounts not included are the White Wolfos (because they can't attack), the new Deku Scrubs (because i'm using the second roster), the Moblin giant because the old version had a similar unit and possibly the new Wolfos mount (because i kinda liked the old as well, and didn't want to give them two mounted units.

No more mounts, and Fi and Ghirahim were the two final ones - Neph has made really cool looking animations for them years ago.
    Now i'll have to add the final 23 ordinary units, then add everything to the campaign, create some unit pics for units lacking those, fix the offsets of certain mounts and after that we'll see if there is something i've forgotten about. I'll be keeping the old Hyrule Prime because it has better gameplay - new one looks better though.

I've implemented the HTW 4.6 Gohma rams and ladders, also in use by Azjol'Nerub in Warcraft Total War - the rams for some reason aren't in use in 4.6 but were in the files. The ladders are in use there.

This Gohma faction is older but shares the ladders. Rams and ladders doesn't count as units.

I've updated the Darknut Legion, by first adding and fixing Vaati Wrath a few months back - and then adding the Idol, Gymnitai, Hoplite and Peltast-units to the faction. I've also given them the two cavalry units.Btw, their other heroes/hero are in the campaign - Zalunbar and anyone else.

I've given the Stalfos the random troops that could be created out of anything - such as the Stalmasters, Battleforged, Staldra and the Lost Souls. I've also given them the siege engines of 4.6.

The new units will be available as regular troops, while the old will be only available in certain regions with the exception of the Staltroops. - And of course they are also available through the Necromancer script.

I've added a few additional units from version 4.6 to the Fairies of Tarm. I did choose units that would fit with the style. The gorgeous Mad Mystics looked too high poly. But these were more okay, as they had a distinct look to them - the Bounded also had a similar color as the Korrigans.

The Fairy Queen and eventual other "missing heroes" are in the campaign.

I thought they fit pretty well.

I've added the 4.6 rats and crows to the Sheikah faction.

Azrily, Agahnim and Impa are in the Campaign.

I've added the Crown Ridge Gorons to the mod, as well as the Sumos from 4.6.- Darunia and Dangoro are in the campaign.

The Patreon-only Princess Zelda from Hyrule Warriors has been implemented. I did support Neph back in 2014, but i only found the Hyrule Warriors/Majora Princess Zelda files later this year.

I remember watching videos back then of these characters but i didn't think i had them.

I've implemented the Oceanblin crewmen as their own pirate-like infantry unit in the mod. They will likely be mercs for certain factions or available to the Moblins as an additional unit - maybe both.

I've implemented the Rito Ano Fencers to the mod. They will be used as mercenaries for the Kingdom of Hyrule and the Lanayru Province.

These in particular start standing on the ground, they will walk on the ground but fly while running. They do attack on the ground.

These in particular start hovering in the air, and will dive-attack with their spears at the enemies on the ground! This is the 501 unit, and as such i've finally reached the unit limit in Medieval 2.

Now i will need to implement all the 45 new units to the campaign, then create the unit cards for a few of them, fix rider offsets for some new mounts ported from 4.6, fix the Majora banners of some factions and after that implement the final heroes to the campaign as well.

The faction selection screens had to be re-worked for all the factions. They did crash to desktop when clicking on like two factions in a row - this had to do with the map.tga-files - they had to be deleted (most of them) and now i am only using one (the cover picture) instead of 29-31 - the old map-files are now the special unit card and the faction leaders have been moved to the description.

I've fixed the CTD-issue when cicking many factions in a row in the faction selection screen of the campaign. In doing this, i also increased the custom battle UI - symbols were messed up but after advice from Gigantus over at TWC i managed to solve it in Gimp.

Now all the factions are playable in the custom battles.

I've implemented the rebel spawns from version 4.6 with all the different rebel types - however, due to some rebels causing a CTD when attempting to start the campaign they had to be cut.

- The cut ones were a clone of the already implemented "Faranists", the skulltullas, the Wild Keese1 and i believe the Deku Monkeys. Also, clones didn't work for the Hylians or the Horonians so i've kept the old rebels for them with new units. Of course the old rosters are being used for the main factions - but many rebel creatures are of the new models.

I did spend the entire sunday night and morning with this trying to solve issues, then i got so tired that i went to bed.. I've been working on it for about five hours now since i awoke and realized that the CTD were due to certain groups of rebels only - i had to add each group separately and test the mod - now the ones that are working have been implemented.

Remaining to do for the rebels/mercs are the starting garrisons that need to be re-done and after that the regional recruitment.Storm Zoras, Poe's, Volvagians, Crown Ridge Gorons and Keatons will be regionals and mercenaries - there won't be any "smaller factions" of them in the submod.

Hello, i am now done with the garrisons on the map, with the recruitment of all the new units, with the new mercenaries, with the regionals etc - the only thing left to implement are certain heroes such as Linbeck from the Great Sea: Total War demo.

I've just implemented the Rosa model for the leader of Subrosia role. And Linbeck has been added to the files.
    - Due to an issue with adoptions whenever using the descr_strat to spawn heroes (Undying Nephalim disabled adoptions and made all the generals spawn through the campaign_script - but i fail to make generals spawn through the script) i have chosen to also remove the Link, Kazaak and Tsume generals that i've added - possibly the Majora-general and the Stalfos-generals as well. This is the only way to prevent the constant adoption-message from happening.

Instead i do plan to spawn these heroes as units in the script. They won't be generals but we'll have them in the campaign without the constant bother of adoptions. - Majora will be a 1-man unit, as i can use Neph's already existing scripts to make more single-man units spawn.So the following is planed:

1. Make heroes spawn through the script.

2. Attempt to add Link as a mount (crashed in the past) now that the model has been fixed, as even the ordinary model crashed in the past due to having the sword on the left hand. I will remove the Deku "chair" unit for this slot.

3. Remove a unit to make room for Linbeck - possibly an alive Ikanian unit.

4. Fix the mount offsets.

5. Fix the Majora banners.

6. The Twili script is kind of not working due to the move of their armies to mainland Hyrule. I will try to change them back in order to make the script work as intended - if they are in Hyrule then Midna wins automatically.

7. Playtest the mod while waiting on Codeman to finish the Majora reskins for a couple of units added in recently from 4.6 (didn't want them to use the original skins, and Codeman wrote to me yesterday so it fit perfectly with the timing)

Hello, i've continued work on the mod a few hours by now after taking a pause during tuesday. The mod is not far from ready, and i believe the release is at the end of this week.

I've tried adding Link as a single-man cavalry unit, replacing the Deku "Chair" special-unit that had a glitched texture - Link crashed still.. Instead i added the 4.6 Hinox to the Moblins!

Besides this, i've removed all the entries from the descr_strat such as Link, Kazakk, Tsume, Majora, Dethl, Deadhand, Deadarms, Stallord and maybe some others - and instead re-added these units through Neph's campaign_script-file.

Dethl had an issue with three models in battles, and i saw that it lacked the "mounted_engine"-line in the EDU - after fixing this he now has 1unit in custom battles. But he still had two in the campaign due to the large, huge etc settings. The same issue me and Bantu have with all the giants in Warcraft: Total War.

Neph is a smart guy, i looked into the descr_mount and saw how he managed 1-man giants in the campaign despite large or huge settings. Now i will be able to fix these units in Warcraft as well. He have moved the two other riders below ground so it looks like it is one unit! Very smart idea.

Besides this, i've restored the Twili to how they were in the beginning, and all the Twili scripts work as intended. The only issue remaining for them is that they take forever to build the portal in the Twili Realm - in the Arbiter Grounds it is built when it is conquered immediately. I will try to fix this because they are using the portal when it is built. But they prefer building other buildings making it rare for them to enter Hyrule as the AI.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 12, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

- The Havamal

Updates since june 12:

I've updated a lot of Unit Cards, and am still in the process of doing this! Here are the Moblin ones! - Ghirahim & Oceanblins, info-cards also done.Mount-offsets finished as well for all the mounts.

I've given the Wild Life faction a proper roster consisting of all the Wildlife in Hyrule (not the Twilight Realm) for custom battles. In the campaign they will have starting armies, especially in Dodongo's Cavern - but they won't be playable.

I've made the unit/unit_info cards for the Hyrule Warriors Princess Zelda, the Knight of New Hyrule new unit and of the hero Fi.

I've finished the Rito unit/unit_info cards, and those were the final unit cards that needed to be created!Now i need to fix the Majora-Goron banners that were glitched, and after that change the banners for most other factions in use by Majora - as they are still the original banners.

I was told Codeman would finish the new textures tomorrow. So tonight i will finish the banners and start playtesting - tomorrow probably create a video, playtest and later implement Codeman's skins.

When all that is done the release is not far away. So most likely a friday release.

I've let the AI fight the AI with no battles and the map seems stable enough - i've only had one single crash to desktop during 179 turns.

But certain issues were detected, as the Ordona Province and the Kokiri owned everyone at the end - Majora had been nerfed because i changed their bodyguard to "Wrath Entities/infantry" instead of the "Eyes of Majora/Heavy Cavalry Siege Engines". So i will need to edit the EDB to nerf the first two and then find ways to stop the very best units from being spamed - as they always win autoresolves despite the odds. An army of the Ordona Province might look varied, but those War Wagons are OP currently, or the Kokiri Barricades - so no i'll need to balance things out a bit. By reducing their availability in the recruitment queue as well as lowering certain stats.

Codeman has now sent me the final reskins of Majora for the new units from 4.6. So they will also be implemented today. Besides this i will need to fix the Twilight issue with never building the portal as the AI, and the Oocca issue with not being able to recruit priests as the AI despite my adding of them in their recruitment - possibly they need religion at a certain level to recruit them. I might change the religion of the Seshei settlement.

Hello, i've been letting the AI fight the AI at least three times more by now, after changing and tweaking things to the better!What i've done is:

1. I've restored the "Eyes of Majora" bodyguard as the Majora faction became too weak.

2. I've nerfed the recruitment of the Ordona War Wagons, the Kokiri Barricades, the Labrynna Gunnerposts, the Moblin Hinox, the Picori Golems, the Volvagian Queens etc - now all those OP units will be more rare in the campaign. They are still used a lot but not like before with an entire army of them. Now there are like three or four units of them in certain armies - before maybe ten units (half an army) of them in many armies.

3. I've improved the Lizalfos as they were always crushed fast and easily by the Kokiri. Now they have Bakalushut at the start as well, and they've been given more units at the start as well in all the areas under their control. Korkuloki is a Volvagian rebel area, and the fifth Lizalfos region is under Stalfos control.

4. The Oocca now has 25% catholic/Goddess Worship religious level in their starting city of Seshei. They can recruit priests there and their starting troops. The Oocca have superior troops, but their weakness is that they need a certain number of religious level in order to build a Church, and in order to upgrade the churhes. Their units are available from churches. 25% is the lowest level required. They mostly wait until turn 40-60 before acting.

5. The two Twilight factions cannot recruit diplomats anymore until they've united. I had an issue were they made peace and nothing happened for 179 turns. Now they can't. Also, the portal is being built - the trick was to make Twili Infantry recruitable from the portal building. The AI loves building things that can recruit units. I've also spent a few hours on another matter.

I've also implemented all of the textures that Codeman remade for the Majora faction - he re-skinned the original textures of the few Great Sea/4.6 units that I've added recently.

It took a couple of hours to implement them as i had to first paste them over the old files in Gimp for them to work in the game, otherwise they would cause issues - then i had the Hylian textures were they lacked Neph's purple faces and other details. I did need those for the units to fit with his Hylian skins, and as such i had to manually move over parts of Neph's skins to the new ones for the Great Sea units. After which about 15 files needed renaming and then implementation to the game. Then the Majora-entry were added for a few units in the EDU - and finally after this i added the recruitment for these units to the Church of Majora.

I did also implement the Triforce Vanguard script for the Church of Majora should their Capital "Majora Prime" (will be Dead Maku Tree unless the player changes this himself by clicking the name and rewriting it - as i cannot touch the file connected to settlement names without causing the Zola script to cause ctd when it happens, so I've not touched certain files in the text-folder due to this issue. They have an issue as the .txt-file is dated 2012 and the other file is dated 2014 - they work but any change and i'd get the Zola spawn CTD - so no modding of those files are supported) ever be under siege. Codeman made a gorgeous re-skin of them.

Also, all the Agents have been re-added such as Spies, Assassins and Priests for all or most factions - no crash due to them for 109 turns.

I now need to add a missing unit to Majora's recruitment, add Codeman's final skins as he is re-texturing all the banners of the flag-carriers - and then after that i only have one thing left - the Oocca strat-model.

Bantu Chieftain, the modeler of WarcraftTW, has made the Oocca Commandant into a strat-model - but it CTD when i tried implementing it. We'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.13 - 13.40.29.20.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 01.56.16.34.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 06.41.07.35.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 07.57.42.92.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 12.55.54.22.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 08.20.55.30.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 13.12.59.83.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 13.16.00.24.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 14.46.24.18.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.06.14 - 15.20.17.77.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 14, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

- The Havamal

Hey I saw the mission packs on Moddb and I was wondering do I download those first or is there another group of files to download?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    Hey I saw the mission packs on Moddb and I was wondering do I download those first or is there another group of files to download?
    They are a part of the 3.8 upload i've put in the thread below this one.

- 3.8 without the Gerudo Wars Missions is only at 1.40 GB, to be compared with 4.6 that is at 2.56gb without any videos. - With the videos 3.8 is at 2.89gb.

My submod will come without the Missions so you'd need to download them and the movie-packages separately.

The submod is currently at 3.4gb without the missions and cinematics, to be compared with the old 1.40gb - or the 4.6 2.56gb.

Edit:

I don't think the 3.8 upload has my work on them though, they might not be fixed and might still have vanilla settlements spawn instead of Dodongo's Cavern etc - and they won't come with the working Majora Prime missions.

If you want the Missions fully working you'd need to download the Missions from MODDB and replace the files.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 14, 2019 at 06:08 PM.

- The Havamal

Hi, i wanted to ask: are we gonna be able to destroy the Oocca Faction in this version ? I ask that because in the 4.6, when i play with the Twili everyone declare war to me because of the Oocca hating me (quite annoying as Midna player xD) and since you can't reach them i used the move_character command to be able to destroy them but the next when its suppose to announce their defeat the game crashed everytime :/
    Also for those who wonder what the expenditure "bug" is in 4.6 for the Twili, that come from general Onox, his army keep growing without any unit appearing in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sokaro View Post
    Hi, i wanted to ask: are we gonna be able to destroy the Oocca Faction in this version ? I ask that because in the 4.6, when i play with the Twili everyone declare war to me because of the Oocca hating me (quite annoying as Midna player xD) and since you can't reach them i used the move_character command to be able to destroy them but the next when its suppose to announce their defeat the game crashed everytime :/
    Also for those who wonder what the expenditure "bug" is in 4.6 for the Twili, that come from general Onox, his army keep growing without any unit appearing in it.
    Yes, they are their own faction in this submod - i had to improvise their roster due to Only five actual Oocca units.

Midna is in a civil war with Zant. It is based on Neph's older version and has Tedster1995 and SirLion's community patches as well.

It is different and has all the old scripts.

Edit: Actually, the issue you are describing sounds a lot like the "Pope CTD"-issue. I've had it in other mods such as DBM, and honestly when i answered i hadn't seen the faction killed off - i said what i wanted to be possible in the mod.

Good news though - i just tested killing the Oocca and no CTD . Also, the annoying "exterminate/ransom"-CTD seems to have disappeared.

And no transgressor-CTD neither.

Mod will crash at about turn 41 and then after re-starting the mod it won't crash again for many hundreds of turns to my experience. I am using the CD-version of Medieval 2 with the 4GB patch used on the Kingdoms.exe - medieval2.exe for Steam that is.

Second edit:

I don't know about crashing in battles though. But the map will crash at about turn 41 and then after restarting it won't happen again in many hundreds of turns. Battles are another matter - it might crash before or after a battle if you win against impossible odds.

- But that may have disappeared - i haven't play-tested a lot of battles.The ones i fought as the Kingdom of Hyrule, and later as the Gerudo - worked without CTD.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)!

The mod has been released guys, and i am about to write the article, and create the video tonight - mod is available at this link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war-v-38-mr-nygrens-submod/downloads/hyrule-total-war-classic-ultimate

Enjoy, and remember that i continued upon Undying Nephalim's great work from 2014 and prior, and the mod also has the community patches from SirLion and Tedster1995 - as i based the submod on the most functional version of Hyrule Total War with the old models.

The mod wasn't free from CTD, and probably isn't still - but i've managed to remove the transgressor-CTD, the exterminate/ransom-CTD and i think that CTD:s are less common then in 3.8.

I've continued upon their work and added new stuff from the 4.6 version released in 2017, as well as new stuff from the 2014 Great Sea demo - even some unused assets from the old mod are now used properly!

It's a huge amount of coding work, and Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with reskins of the factions for Majora - Undying Nephalim had done three and a half faction rosters in the past for Majora. I've created unit/unit_info cards, fixed bugs, improved scripts etc. Too much to write really - been working on the mod since november 2016, but to be honest i only put in work on it during a few days in 2017, a few weeks during the fall of 2018 and then the rest has been accomplished from this year and onward. Mostly from the end of march, but also some in dec, jan and early feb.

BTW: I've been spending all my awaken time on the mod the months i've been focusing on it. So like 16 hours a day these months and weeks.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 15, 2019 at 05:53 PM.

- The Havamal