Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Hello guys.

I'm releasing the fixed version of the dec 18 2019 release - with 10 new units added since April 1 2020. It's another big release with many changes. Work was done during March, starting on March 14 2020 and ending with a release on Apr 1 - but I then found that there were 10 unused ships in the EDU-file, and as such I had to remove those from the file which opened up for the implementation of ten additional units. I've since added ten new units to the mod - Lana Valashi is in the Hyrule Historia.

4gb patch/Large Adress Aware- they are included in the download and make sure to patch your game .exe with these for the mod to be able to run.

Patch your kingdoms.exe, and only do it once. It will make all heavy mods work and be more stable. Without the patch you may experience alot of crashes. If you have Steam it's the medieavl2.exe you will need to patch - you don't need to use this patch if you've done it for other mods already.

Installation CD:

It's stand-alone, you don't need HTW 4.5/4.6 to play this version - being a submod just means i didn't make the full mod, i continued work on Undying Nephalims older 3.8 version.

- Being a submod doesn't mean that you'd need to copy/paste this on-top of a different version - you do only need the downlod right here to play this version of the mod.

To install the mod using the CD-version, move the mod-folder named "Hyrule" inside of your Medieval II Total War/mods-folder - after first using the latest version of winRAR to extract the folder - by moving it out manually by dragging the folder with your mouse. And start the mod by clicking the .bat-file. Be advised that you must move the entire SEGA game folder out of program files to prevent issues on new computers, also you'd have to deactivate the UAC (User Account Control) as it interfere with mods making them not work. - Read more about disabling the UAC at TWC (Total War Center) or just shut it down totally).

Always patch the .exe files with both the large adress aware and the 4gb patch to be secure- then make sure that the mod is not located in Program Files (X86) on any windows more recent than win 7- sometimes Win 7 won't allow this neither due to being updated by automatic windows updates, because i had zero problems until an automatic update happened. I have had mods for Med2 running on win 10 as well, but it required some work in order to get them to run without issues.

First of all, don't have the mods in Program Files (X86) because the modding won't be read and the mods will probably CTD all the time. The security of win 10 will make sure that the mirror files saved in a different directory is read instead of the modded files. The computer would copy the game to a different location and read the vanilla files instead of the files in the mod-folder- causing all kinds of trouble for the modder. I didn't know why none of my changes had any effect at first. So move the entire SEGA-folder out of Program Files (X86) and place in D/Games or something.

The above is only for the CD-version of the mod/game- you have no other choice for the Steam version than to have it in program files (X86).

Also, i've uploaded a tutorial video about how to install Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate for the Steam version of Medieval 2.

It's a short four minute video about installing the mod for the Steam version of the game, including also some additional info regarding the "Battle Immersion Mod" by Hit&Run that follows with the mod.

Furthermore, remember to patch the main medieval2.exe with the 4gb patch as well. If you've done it for other mods already then you don't need to do it again. It's a program so you will just start it as an administrator, then browse to the .exe of your Medieval2 game, and then select the .exe and click patch using the program.

By the way, don't miss out on the Hyrule Historia Campaign Cinematics that are optional to download for this mod, as they take up a huge amount of space on your harddrive. The Gerudo Wars Hyrule Historia Missions are also optional.

The installation instructions are in this video:

Download-link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-final-version

The download has been updated on april 17th (today).

Changes not mentioned above:

26. Assault Rifle Dragoons remade into "Hand Cannoneers".

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

27. Ten new units added to the mod since april the first 2020- they are from version 4.6 of Hyrule Total War.

28. First Mage Lana Valashi replacing Cia in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns.

And that's the entire update!

I will make a video later and add to the article.

Credits for the mod:

Hyrule Total War - from the first version, and up to Hyrule Total War Version 4.6 - Undying Nephalim (Nephy/Neph) - the sole creator of the mod and all of it's original assets.

SirLion and Tedster1995 - The community Patches and fixes of 2014 that are all included in this sub-mod - fixed many issues in the mod back then.

Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate Sub-Mod - Mr_Nygren, been working on improving the dec 2014 HTW 3.8 version alone, after permission from Neph!

Re-skins of most of the Majora regional rosters - Codeman over at the Hyrule Conquest Discord helped me with them, and their banners.

Link-crash and Ooccoo-hero - Warcraft TW modeler Bantu Chieftain helped me fix the Link crash, by moving the sword from the left hand to the right - then he also helped me with removing the Oocca Commandant helmet without it causing the muscles connecting the arms to disappear - so he helped with these two models.

- He did also make an Oocca strat-model out of the Neph battle-model of the Oocca Commandants but unfortunately it crashed and wasn't included, but it is in the files of the mod.

Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.

Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.

Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.

Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.

Oh, and i do have Undying Nephalim's permission.

Undying Nephalim's original project were based on the "Legend of Zelda" owned by Nintendo. Of course i have been working on an older version that has been out for years - utilizing the resources from all the three different versions of HTW. I know that Nintendo hasn't cared about the mod in the past - and my project is basically finished now. Of course all the rights are Nintendo's for their trademarks and characters,

I haven't earned money on this project, it's a free fan-made project based on the idea to make another fan-made project more complete.

Fixed final RELEASE available!

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 17, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

It's stand-alone, you don't need HTW 4.5/4.6 to play this version - being a submod just means i didn't make the full mod,
    Oh shiii that's what got DaC removed

Oh, and i do have Undying Nephalim's permission.

Well done, you can be proud of what you've done here! Now I just have to read up on my Zelda lore...
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Though a bit more complicated, steam in fact can (and should) have an install outside program files. Problem is, this requires an installation of steam outside of them in the first place or a second drive. The obtuse blighter unfortunately has no simple way of making another folder in the same base drive. Instructions for those able to move their steam directory out of program files or install to another drive should reference this.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Oh shiii that's what got DaC removed

Well done, you can be proud of what you've done here! Now I just have to read up on my Zelda lore...
    It were never the case with this mod. Unlike DaC this version of Hyrule is an upgraded 3.8 version, and the current official release is version 4.5 or 4.6 (both are available,) meaning the mod is totally different than the old in many ways. So this is like me taking an older beta and expanding on it. And of course it's not compatible with a much later version that is vastly different.

Thank you man, and yes Undying Nephalim gave anybody permission to use his stuff. However i did actually ask him in person back in 2017 and he didn't say no - that's how i got the Great Sea material after all.

Version 4.6 is like a different mod due to the many changes in it.

Ah, I didn't know of DaC getting shut down on this forum. Sucks with all the old submods etc disappearing as well.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2020/04/17!

Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate has been steadily updated for the past couple of months over at MODDB.com, I just didn't bother to post here - as is always the case you'd think a mod is finished until you play it and find things to fix or change!

Now I can say that the mod is 100% finished finally. I had planed one release and had polished it a lot thinking that was it - still I've had to update it five to six times since the release during the summer of 2019. Certain things needed fixing, and other things I just learnt how to implement and of course decided to implement into the mod.

Here is the final info even though I will probably create a final article on MODDB about the latest release later:

Original Hyrule Historia "General Rutela" found!

Thanks to TWC user "TheMercerus" i have just been able to download Hyrule: Total War Version 3.5 released in december 2013.

It included different loading screens, the original General Rutela with an un-glitched texture - and the Hyrule Historia Missions of the Ancient Arc (Sulkaris/Gohma VS Ancient Hylians, Ancient Hylians VS Darknut Legion and Ikana/Majora VS Ikana,) and the "Rise of Ganon" Arc (Ganon/Bongo/Moblins/Sheikah VS Hyrule/Sheikah and Hyrule/Zora VS Fairies, Gerudo and Sheikah.)

These missions had all their videos in HD resolution and working. Only the Twili missions are lost out of the old ones.

Ancient Age to be restored!

Thanks to TWC user "TheMercerus" i have just been able to download Hyrule: Total War Version 3.5 released in december 2013.

It included different loading screens, the original General Rutela with an un-glitched texture - and the Hyrule Historia Missions of the Ancient Arc (Sulkaris/Gohma VS Ancient Hylians, Ancient Hylians VS Darknut Legion and Ikana/Majora VS Ikana,) and the "Rise of Ganon" Arc (Ganon/Bongo/Moblins/Sheikah VS Hyrule/Sheikah and Hyrule/Zora VS Fairies, Gerudo and Sheikah.)

These missions had all their videos in HD resolution and working. Only the Twili missions are lost out of the old ones.

In order for certain missions to work again I will need to remove a few of the 4.6 units, and instead re-add the Moblin Kids, the Ikana Civilians and the Wind Tribe Civilians.

Also, I will most likely need to remove a few mounts for Hyrule Historia mounts needed for certain missions. I'm thinking of removing some of the added 4.6 units, and the first mount to be removed will be the horse in use by the Mounted Recruits. They'll use the Epona mount unique to malon instead.

Limit of mounts in Medieval 2 is 49.. So I will have no other option than to remove something, seeing as how i deleted the Hyrule Historia mounts thiking I would never get the actual missions.

I do have the Twili Missions, but they unlike all the other missions had been edited to work with 4.6 although unfinished. I have tried restoring the files but the missions won't start. They also will need the videos to be remade in .BIK-format. I could easily remake the videos in said format and add to the game.

Unfortunately i can't get the missions to start and will get forced back to the main menu. So the Twili missions will be included for anybody to try and fix the coding for them. All the other arcs of the Hyrule Historia will work perfectly.

The Rise of Ganon arc to be restored.

- 75 Loading Screens instead of the old 21 - Hyrule: Total War V 3.5 had a bunch of loading screens that I've re-implemented to this version.

Gerudo Wars Missions Package for V. 3.8 (Fixed 3 missions in 2020!)

I've re-uploaded the Gerudo Wars Add-On fixing three missions in it.

Also, the Hyrule Historia Edition of the sub-mod has been updated with these fixes just now.

Death Mountain Defence Hyrule Historia Mission Fixed!

Update: The "Gerudo Wars" Hyrule Historia Missions had three non-working or glitched missions - has been fixed!

Death Mountain Defence - Used the wrong Dodongo's cavern Custom Settlement, has been replaced with the correct Gor Forgaru Custom Settlement. King Farkos has been added as the general of the main Zora army as well as he were missing from the battlefield.

The "Agahnim's Descent" Hyrule Historia Mission has been fixed!

Update: The "Gerudo Wars" Hyrule Historia Missions had three non-working or glitched missions - has been fixed!

Agahnim's Descent - Used a vanilla Medieval2 settlement due to my mistake when i moved the HyrulePrimeFrame custom settlement in use by this mission, to the unused-folder- has been restored and is now working properly.

The Crime of Idols Hyrule Historia Mission has been fixed!

The Crime of Idols - Crashed the game when trying to start the misison, and this were due to a faulty Vaati_Wrath-entry. Has been corrected into the proper "Vaati Wrath" and is now working as intended. I've also added Vorday as the general of the Zuna army, and his model is from 4.6 as the original didn't have a Vorday-model.

Majora units have their old stats back!

- Majora Units have their old stats back, otherwise the Final Battle Mission in Majora Prime would be impossible.

Phantom Ganon spawns in the campaign! (All 4 of them)

I managed to add Phantom Ganon by replacing Mercenary Tsume - I've reached a hardcoded limit in the descr_scripts-file. I cannot add anymore heroes or the script will not work properly. So Phantom Ganon is Ganondorf on a horse, it's the boss-battle in the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. He has a "Mounted Marauders"-bodyguard. And he has the Skeletal Helmet. He will spawn one turn after the Gerudo conquers "Sacred_Forest_Meadow" - also known as the Forest Temple.

Ordinary Ganondorf will still spawn as usual in the campaign - but has a Vagrudanon bodyguard now as Neph originally intended - and also is without the helmet.

I've added the civilian animations to most militia units!

I've also added the civilian animations to all the militia units - units such as the Glaive Grunts, Town Guards, Acolytes, Kokiri Detachment, Pioneers, Conscripts, Majora Desciples, Moblin Civilians, Horon Civilians, Drafted, Raiders, Ordona Militiamen etc - they will patrol in settlements now.

The AI will use them as a normal unit. As the player you can place them somewhere in a city and they'll spread out from there if you let them be.

Ashinon Generals!

So, I did add the Ashinon Generals (the original bodyguard of Twinrova herself) as their own unit in the previous release that I thought were final. However, when I played the mod I ran into some issues and bugs and decided to fix these the best that I could - so I've been updating the mod yet again.

Actually I'd thought it would be a minor update with some fixing but I've spent the previous week working on the mod and playtesting all my awaken time. So you could say it's a lot of fixing, new gameplay and improvements to the mod overall.

Most of the time was playtesting but I've managed to beat quite a few annoying issues that I only found out existed after actually playing the game as certain factions - or against certain factions.

Arms of Deadhand!

Wallfloormasters!

Stalfos roster has been updated!

So I've added the "Wallfloormasters" as a new regular unit to the Stalfos in both the custom battles and in the campaign, and this unit is Undead Akazoo's bodyguard.

Also, the Stalfos did not have access to the mercenary Stalchilds, or the siege engines in most of the custom battle ERA:s. I've added these units to them in all the ERA:s.

Kovalians, Silent Stalkers, Silent Guards and Armos recruitable!

I've added the Kovalians, Silent Stalkers, Silent Guards and the merc Gibdos - in essence the units of the Goddesses of Hyrule, to the Gerudo, Hylians, Ordona, the Sheikah etc depending on the faction if they conquer the Sky City. They will only be available from the Sky City itself.

Most other factions get access to Death Mountain Armos or the Armos Beamos - if they conquer the Sky City - the Labrynna Regime will get Twili Armos, as will the River Zora - due thanks to their alliance with King Zant.

Alright, and the Oocca Walker Cannons and Oocca Commandants are also available for the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Sheikah, the Ordona Province and the Gerudo - the believers in the Goddesses - should they conquer the Sky City.

Ft_Olnacht and Meesiam custom settlements in battle have been fixed!

So the rebel Ikanian areas of Meesiam and Ft_Olnacht used a Twilight custom settlement in battle - it's been fixed into a proper cursed Kingdom of Ikana custom settlement.

If you attack these cities as the River Zora or anyone else now - you'd be fighting in an Ikanian settlement and not in a Twili one.

Malkariko Hylian generic custom settlement has a new plaza!

If you also got bored defending Malkariko, or it's actual custom settlement in use by the towns and cities of the said one, Naldoriko, Sorkariko and Audorn - then you might be pleased to hear that I've moved the plaza of this city to the actual castle.

It's a pure coincidence that this was done you see. During a battle I saw the AI move in Princess Zelda into the castle, and it has two doors on each side repsectively - so units could actually enter the castle and defend it from the inside with only two ways into the castle that were easily defended.

The issue had been that the settlement had no defensive positions, or working walls/rampants - so it would be easily lost - and the plaza was a big square outside of the castle that could easily be surrounded by enemy armies. I realized that the plaza needed to change or the enemy could just take the plaza outside the castle even if all the troops were inside of it.

Said and done - the plaza is now in the castle and defenders will defend the entrances on both sides respectively. It will be easier for a defender to hold these cities now, and harder for an invader to conquer them.

Mounted Recruits silver surfer horse for Majora fixed!

It would seem that the updated Epona-horse for the Mounted Recruits didn't have a correct line in the BMDB-file for the Church of Majora - causing a silver surfer horse to show up in battles. This has now been fixed!

Majora now has Assassins!

I've added an assassin agent to the Church of Majora - this is because they need religious levels for their recruitment of Majora Demons.

Unfortunately it's very annoying to kill enemy priests by surrounding them with nine units and then moving another one to their location - I decided to add assassins to them to make the killing of enemy priests easier.

Edit:

Deku Chanters are now only recruitable from Deku-lands - they could be recruited everywhere due to a mistake in the current release. Will upload a new version tonight.

The Oocca now has Assassins!

I've added an assassin agent to the Oocca - this is because they need religious levels for their recruitment of all of their units.

Unfortunately it's very annoying to kill enemy priests by surrounding them with nine units and then moving another one to their location - I decided to add assassins to them to make the killing of enemy priests easier.

The Oocca used to need 100 in their religion to recruit any unit, but this proved too much for the AI to handle as even one enemy priest in a region will cause the level of your religion to go down a few percent. I tried playing as the Oocca and it was impossible without having an easy way to deal with the enemy priests. And the assassin has been added to allow for the swift execution of the enemy's priests in your regions.

Also, for their basic armos unit they now only need 75 in religion, for their Oocca Emmissaries they do need 80, for the Oocca Scouts/Surveyors they now need 85, for the different units of the Goddesses they now need 90 and for their best units the Oocca Commandants, Walker Cannons and the Minish Golem - they now need 95.

The Oocca will be a better faction as the AI now and more of a challenge, while as the player you have a way of dealing with foreign priests.

Arms of Deadhand and Wallfloormasters added as new units to the Stalfos!

Arms of Deadhand and Wallfloormasters added as new units to the Stalfos recruitment in all of their regions.

Undead Akazoo finally added as his own general!

When I did change Undead Akazoo from an officer to an actual general I managed to mess up by adding "Alive Akazoo" or "General Akazoo" as the general model - this lead to a silver surfer alive Akazoo in battles.

I've since fixed this and Undead Akazoo now shows up as he should in the coming update!

All the giant heroes have ranged missiles or the Biggoron Punch!

I've added ranged missiles or the Biggoron Punch (a close-range missile attack) to all the giant heroes of the mod!

If a giant/elephant unit has no missile attack and has the text "no" in the primary weapon line then the game still thinks it can attack gates as elephants in Rome: Total War could indeed attack gates in melee - but this would always cause a CTD (crash to desktop) in Medieval 2: Total War: Kingdoms which is why Fi and Ghirahim would crash in battle if you had them selected and moved your cursor onto a wall/city/gate.

By adding the projectile in use by Vaati and Vaati Wrath, named Fi Projectile, I've solved this issue. Also, there were many heroes in the mod who had the "no pro"-projectile by Undying Nephalim - this projectile prevented the CTD but still made the units such as Ganon or Demise unable to attack gates. The issue then became that a battle would never end as Ganon or whoever had the "no pro"-projectile would just stand outside of the city doing nothing. The unit clearly couldn't fire, and defensive siege battles can only be won if the attacker is out of ammo - but he counted as having 1 or 2 in ammo - which he couldn't use against the gate. This issue forced the player to sally out to meet the enemy which wasn't intended.

I've added the Biggoron Punch, a short distance projectile in use by units like Biggoron, to solve this - so units like Biggoron and Demise will now be able to waste their ammo on a gate and the defender won't need to sally out anymore!

They can sometimes kick a gate open if they have enough ammo, the stats of the punch differs depending on the giant hero unit - I've kept their oridinary attack damage so they aren't as strong as Biggoron. Certain heroes got ranged projectiles instead - such as Dark Onox, Stallord, Dezaia, Ghirahim, Fi as I've mentioned and even Ganon. The projectiles are those seen in lore or in Neph's Hyrule Historia mission videos.

This means that the giant generals work better now.

Campaign heroes spawn for the AI now!

There was an issue in the mod that I didn't know about which caused the AI to never get the later heroes of the campaign, so the AI would get the heroes that counts as starting heroes - but it wouldn't get any of the later ones. This I found out by watching about two campaigns and replaying many times certain parts of the campaign. In essence the Kingdom of Hyrule never got the "Great Sea"-units that are supposed to arrive at turn 151 when Tetralyna Zelda Nohansen 5 spawns. But she didn't spawn and as such the event never triggered which meant no Great Sea-units for the AI - but as the player it worked fine.

I had a look at the descr_script-files (four, one per campaign) and it would seem that the reason was that the text "and not IsFactionAIControlled" - so I did remove this line from every entry with the exception of Agitha (because she is now a starting hero) and Voice of Odolwa (cause he is lacking his event text which caused a gamebreaking CTD) and now the heroes do spawn for the AI as well.

When you play as for example the Kingdom of Hyrule, then you'll get a welcome message welcoming you the player as the new leader of the Kingdom of Hyrule - and you'd also get a warning that the Tokay is about to conquer the known world. At the second turn you'll be getting all the other welcome-messages for every other main faction of the mod - because removing that line caused this side-effect. Just exit these unless you wanna read them as they will only show on the second turn, and remember that the event-messages in the Freeform Campaign will also show during this turn - you might miss out on them if you click "Esc" to get rid of the welcome-messages. I do believe that Neph had planned to add the AI spawns for the heroes as their own separate entries, and this is possible - but not in this submod as I've reached the limit of the descr_scripts-file. As such I've had no choice but to do it this way - so you'll be getting welcome messages for AI heroes when they spawn.

King Zant Invasion script flawed - 3 armies invade now!

I've found out during my playtesting that the King Zant invasion happens no matter if you spare his forces or not - the only difference is that if you condemn his forces then he won't be able to recruit the Midna-troops.

I tried to solve this issue as I did really want an optional invasion, but I failed in this and had to give up - instead I opted to remove the armies of Olg, Argorok the Dragon and that of Dark Onox - so you'll be facing three armies instead of six under King Zant, Lady Middee and the generic general - while Olg, Argorok and Dark Onox spawn alone as giant generals only.

As the player you can easily kill the giant generals in a real-time-battle - even though they will land a punch on any army attacking them. And the three remaining armies are two Zant-oriented armies and one Midna-oriented one - the armies with lots of CTD-friendly units like the Shadow Bloats were the ones deleted.

Originally I had wanted the option to either have an invasion, or not - giving Labrynna a chance against six armies. But when this didn't work I had no choice but to remove three out of the six armies. Now Labrynna can stand a chance if they spawn early.

- Fixed event movies!

EDIT 2020-10-19 - If you did download the campaign videos (intro, death, defeat and win) then only the intro videos would play when starting a campaign, this has now been fixed and required the line event_movies = 1 in the .cfg-file of the Hyrule-folder - now when you win the campaign, are destroyed or when you are defeated because you didn't reach the goals before turn 179 - then you will have videos playing.

- Defeat and death videos are the same for the factions, and the death-videos will only play for the faction you the player are currently playing. Certain factions like the Twili and the River Zora can never be destroyed or die - but they can still lose the game by failing to reach the goals in time.

If you fail to achieve the goals within the time-limit then the campaign is technically lost and you will have the defeat-video play - but you'll still be able to continue the campaign and you can then turn defeat into victory by winning the campaign and achieving the victory conditions - unless another faction manages to do this first.

If your faction is destroyed the video will also play - but not if the AI-controlled factions are destroyed. This was disappointing but the videos will only play for the players faction.

If you achieve the victory conditions and win the game the videos will play - and I believe they will play when the AI wins as well but for the AI faction their videos will play. This is not certain though.

And that's it- the submod is completed.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2020/10/19!

Hello everyone, so I did upload an article as I said I would do about the changes mentioned in the previous post - but that wasn't all - I also had to integrate the M2TWEOP (Medieval 2 Total War Engine Overhaul Project)-tool to this mod for any players using the Steam version on windows 10 or 8 - cause otherwise the giant heroes would crash the mod.

Info about the new and final windows 10 upload of the mod:

Edit as of 2020-11-07 - ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED FOR THE STEAM-VERSION OF MEDIEVAL 2 ON WIN 10:

I tried it on Windows 7 - no issues, I tried it with the CD-version on Windows 10 - no issues - But according to the creators of the tool it is required to change some stuff for the Steam-version on Win 10.

You do need to right-click on the Medieavl2.exe/Kingdoms.exe and change some things in the compatibility mode. It will also need to be done with the tools .exe file.

- This is due to the scaling settings in windows 10.

"You need to open file properties-> compatibility-> change DPI settings-> check the box and select "application""

"This option also helps with med2 for some people (+20fps) (Set dpi scale to "controlled by application"

This is the same mod as the other upload, but with the new Memory Editing Tool pre-installed - it's required on windows 10 or all the giant heroes are prone to crash to the desktop (CTD) - the other version doesn't use the tool and works mostly fine on Windows 7 which I am using.

This tool has fixed the giants in Third Age DCI, Warcraft: Total War etc - even on windows 7 it might make battles more stable as certain battles do crash on 7 as well - but not due to the giants. However, I do believe that with the Win 7 version it's easier to start the mod as firewalls/security programs of Win 10 might treat the tool as a virus - as such you should de-activate your firewall/security programs or make an exception for the tool if it's treated as a virus by your security - which it is not.

It's a tool that modifies the games .EXE while the game is running. Such tools are often mistaken for viruses by modern windows security. With this tool you'd still need to install the mod like written in the installation-article - but now you'll also need to start the mod through the tool.

I have uploaded a video on how to do this, which is very easy - and this is the article about the latest release and the tool. To use the tool you just need to right-click the tools .exe with your mouse and run the tool as an administrator. Then the UI of the tool should be pretty self-explanatory. I would suggest not to use all the features of the tool due to the game becoming less stable the more features you are using. The features I'd use are the ones I think will be activated for you as well.

You can place ancillaries at 32 only if you wish to modify the mod and add more ancillaries to each character - the old limit was 8, you can place religions at 12 if you want more religions - the old number was 10 - otherwise I'd suggest not to use these as they might still affect the mod negatively as they are increasing the limits of the game. These options might be activated from the start so you could return them to 10 and 8 respectively if you want to. There is a button named "Click Me" - if you click on it you'll get information about the program, things you shouldn't do unless you want a crash and shortcuts to certain features like for example being able to zoom-out enormously on the map, highlighting all the troops and other stuff. You do need to place the anti-aliasing through the tools UI before starting up the mod - place it at 8 for the maximum quality. If you change this inside of the game using the tool the game is going to crash.

On the right-side of the tools UI are many options - I would only have a few activated - those are the "berserks-fix" which will enable the berserker ability from Rome: Total War to work on the units - you'll just have to hand out the "berserk"-attribute to the units you wish to go berserk in the Export_descr_units-file - in the vanilla Medieval 2 game and in mods not using the new M2TWEOP-tool this attribute would crash as soon as the units entered a battle on the battlefield - this feature will be useful in Viking-based mod and for the Uruk-Hai Berserkers in Third Age I am sure, then I would activate the "Unlock Console Command" feature of the tool - which will enable all the console command codes in the mod and finally I would activate the "creatures-fix" which will fix the skeleton of all the elephant-based units in the mod - such as Fi, Ghirahim, King Ganon, Demise, Majora himself etc - this is the main feature I wanted in this submod due to players reporting that units like Majora and Fi have crashed for them during battle immediately upon starting the battle. This fix will make it possible to play with all these units in both the campaign and in the custom battles. If you play custom you can have an army of Majora's versus an army of Ghirahim's or Demise's - the point is that giants will no longer crash to the desktop. I'm pretty sure that other reasons for CTD during battle will be fixed as well

About the installation of the mod: Read the article on the following link, or you can watch the video below about installing both versions of the mod and using the M2TWEOP (Medieval 2 Total War Engine Overhaul Project)-tool:

Moddb.com

Link to the Total War Center-page of the Tool where it can be downloaded for usage in other mods and projects:

Twcenter.net

Credit for the tool should be given to youneuoy and Jojo00182.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 22, 2020 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Video missing.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2020/11/06!

I finally got the mod to work! its amaing! I thought this would be forgotten over the open source conversion Neph is working on.
    However I cant get the story missions to work for Hyrule Historia. Advice please?

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2020/11/06!

Quote Originally Posted by Shika_mech View Post
    I finally got the mod to work! its amaing! I thought this would be forgotten over the open source conversion Neph is working on.
    However I cant get the story missions to work for Hyrule Historia. Advice please?
    Never try to play the Twili missions, as that will make the others unable to start unless you restart the whole mod - just play the Ancient Age, Rise of Ganon and the Gerudo Wars missions.

They are all working if you've downloaded the latest version of the mod. It's just that if you click on the Twili Civil War missions and try to play them you'd have to restart the whole mod to play any of the others.

- The Havamal

I've uploaded a patch for the sub-mod back on January 20 2021:

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...ent-of-the-mod

I had done a mistake regarding the recruitment of Horon Civilians for all the factions except the Horonians after they decide to join other factions - for some reason the Horon Civilians weren't available to any faction that Horon did assimilate into. I looked into the EDB-file and it would seem that I had forgotten to change the ownership-line from "Horon" to all the others.

Also, I've changed the Oocca-recruitment due to them being too expansive too early in the mod. They will now require 96 in religious level in all their cities to recruit any of their units - instead of needing 75, 80, 85, 90, 96.. This means they won't be able to recruit any units unless they have 96 in the catholic fate inside the settlement. It will slow down their recruitment and hence nerf them.

Installation: Place this file inside of the "data"-folder of the Hyrule: Total War: Classic Ultimate mod-folder.

Hyrule/data - then overwrite the old file.

- The Havamal

I'm playing as the Darknuts and their mine building is titled c_mines and adds zero income from mining. Is this a bug, did I install something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Caylin View Post
    I'm playing as the Darknuts and their mine building is titled c_mines and adds zero income from mining. Is this a bug, did I install something wrong?
    It's probably an old bug, as the name of that building sounds like a code-name and not something added by Neph. I did never touch on any buildings.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2021/01/20!

Hello guys, during the last two weeks of march I did learn how to create strat-map models out of battle-map models - something i did put into action in Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - a mod which has most things polished with the exception of a few unit descriptions and the strat-map - the campaign map actually only had one soldier-model in use by both the soldiers and the generals and not two different models, it had no unique custom hero models for the leaders, heirs or known characters, it had in the old 2014 release a lot of vanilla agents that I replaced as best I could with Undying Nephalims 4.6 models - but now after learning how to turn a battle-model into a strat-model I decided the campaign map looked unfinished and is in need of a total overhaul.

So I did finish the strat-map models of the following factions:

The Kingdom of Hyrule was completed on march 16 2021 - even though most of the models had been finished already on march 12th:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0)
    3. Custom model (1) = Princess Zelda Nohansen 1 in a blue dress, and all three Zelda 1 are using this model.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Princess Zelda 2 in a red dress.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Princess Zelda 4 in a white/pink dress.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Princess Zelda Nohansen 5, and it's shared with the older Tetralyna Zelda 5.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Hylian Titan Fi.
    8. Custom Model (6) = Hero of Time Link.
    9. Custom Model (7) = Sage of Shadows, Impa.
    10. Custom Model (8) = Farmer mercenary ranger, Malon.
    11. Custom Model (9) = Sage of Time, Rauru.
    12. Custom Model (10) = Princess Zelda III seen in the game Twilight Princess, but the model is made by Undying Nephalim like all the others, and this model is shared with the Hyrule warriors patreon bonus Zelda on the map.
    - I do believe that the entries for the Twili Portal and the Subrosian Entrance was unnecessary - at least the portal is because the Zuna could use the portal without having their strat-model entries.

The Gerudo had been the second faction done on march 13th - but I had had to remake their models due to them being unpolished which was done on march 27th 2021:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0)
    3. Custom model (1) = Nabooru - the Sage of Spirits.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Wind Witches Fusion/Twinrova - slightly glitched arms due to bigger size than normal.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Wind Witch Kotake - Koume and Kotake share a unit slot so only one of them will have a strat-model, and Kotake with her blue hair was chosen - the model isn't present on the picture here because she and Koume only spawns after Twinrova has been killed if the Gerudo are holding Hasanadorf.
    6. Custom Model (4) = King of evil Ganondorf - spawns at turn 89.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Phantom Ganon, a phantom of Ganondorf created by Ganondorf in the Forest Temple to challenge Link in Ocarina of Time - has a mask unlike the ordinary Ganondorf and will be mounted in battle. Only spawns if the Gerudo conquers the Forest Temple.
    8. Custom Model (6) = Volvagia/Dakkon - a giant dragon forced to flee Death Mountain where he used to rule over the Gorons as a tyrant. Has his own model on the map - due to it being huge it's slightly glitched. Spawns with Ganondorf at turn 89.
    9. Custom Model (7) = Runeka - a hero of the Gerudo with a mounted archers bodyguard. She will spawn five turns after Ganondorf and Dakkon.
    10. Custom Model (8) = Slot for Wind Witch Koume - not in use.
    11. Custom Model (9) = Twilight Portal.
    12. Custom Model (10) = Subrosian Tunnel Entrance.

The Sheikah were the third faction finished on march 14th 2021:

I've learnt how to make strat-models out of battle-models without the models being bugged or glitched!
    Recently I've finished the Sheikah.
    So you can have the following:
    1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) - not present on the picture because the Sheikah cannot have more than four generals present at the start, but it's a really cool model.
    3. Custom model (1) = Impa, Sage of Shadows.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Lord Agahnim the Saint.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Azrily
    6. Custom Model (4) = Bongo.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Bongo-Bongo - not present on the picture because Bongo needs to be dead, and the Sheikah also needs to be holding Kakariko for Bongo-Bongo to spawn. I'm still to do this strat-model.
    8. Custom Model (6) = Not in use.
    9. Custom Model (7) = Not in use.
    10. Custom Model (8) = Not in use.

The Order of the Wizzrobe had also been completed on march 14th 2021:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) - the old Hylia model, also named "Deacon" in an unused unit_info-picture of the unit - I'm using the model as the Wizzrobe general and as an officer for every unit of the Order.
    3. Custom model (1) = Hylia, the False Goddess.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Cia, the mage.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Nostrum, official leader of the Order.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Carock, son of Nostrum.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Lana - still to be done if possible, she might have too many polygons.

Then I did complete the first iteration of the Labrynna Regime strat-map models on march 16th - but they too had to be remade or polished later and the faction were finally done on march 28th 2021:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0)
    3. Custom model (1) = Queen Ambi
    4. Custom Model (2) = Maku Tree of Labrynna, and it's huge but at the same time moves all four legs and I managed to fix one bugged leg so that it actually is moving like it does in battle. Only glitched when attacking a settlement.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Ralph - the Engineer, Knight of Ambi.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Ashei, the mercenary.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Captain Linbeck of New Hyrule - came from Labrynna originally.
    8. Custom Model (6) = Veran the cunning - I did figure out how to solve the issue. All the giant humanoids do have the issue of having their feet below ground though. I'll be looking into that later.

On march 16th I also completed the first iteration of the strat-map models for the Huskus Remnants - later to be polished on march 28th 2021:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) = I'm using the Priestess Caste.
    3. Custom model (1) = Palagard
    4. Custom Model (2) = The Empress Tamako the honest.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Not in use.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Not in use.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Not in use..
    8. Custom Model (6) = Not in use..
    11. Custom Model (9) = Not in use..
    12. Custom Model (10) = Not in use..

On march 17th I completed the strat-models for the River Zora/Zola-faction:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) = The River Knights or armored Geozards are big and they aren't glitched either. They did require some texture-work.
    3. Custom model (1) = King Zarosef - he is a River Knight with a unique golden armor.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Princess Sokuuf - she is a manhunter but with unique armor.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Baruuda Kan - a Cyclops-Ku berserker and sligthly smaller in size than the River Knights.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Archduke Neighleth - I had forgotten to add this character to the campaign, as I found out he wasn't in any script when I was ready with his strat-model - I've corrected this mistake. It would seem Neph never added him to the campaign like I had thought. The descr_script-file did allow me to add Neighleth together with older spawns. I will try to do the same with Tsume.

On march 19th I finished the Zora's Domain/Dominion strat-map models:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0)
    3. Custom model (1) = King Farkos - has a glitched left arm but I couldn't fix it as nothing seemed wrong in the MS3D-program.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Princess Ruto.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Zaleen.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Priestess Telara.
    Btw, I did reach a hardcoded limit on number of strat-models that can be added in the descr_model_strat-file - I've since removed about 22 models (vanilla mostly, and a question-mark general as there were two,) and whenever I do reach the limit again I will need to remove more vanilla strat-models that aren't in the game but are in use in it's files.
    This just means that I need to move the entries for certain strat-models from the vanilla models to others - this doesn't mean they're going to be used in the actual game but every faction do require an entry for each agent-type in the descr_character-file.
    Whenever all the vanilla models are removed I'll need to remove some agents in favour of unique generals. Such as agents factions don't really need.

After the Zora I added the strat-map models of their Lanayru Province on march 23rd:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0)
    3. Custom model (1) = Queen Rutela the Good.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Prince Ralis.
    5. Custom Model (3) = General Aydia.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Laruto.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Queen Laruto from Great Sea: Total War - not implemented yet due to wanting to add others first just in case I run out of slots.

Back on march 23rd I also completed the strat-map models of the Gorons - even though they had to be polished later on march 28th 2021:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) = A Goron RAM just like in battle, I at first did this model but it had really glitched arms and the helmet were also bugged. I then remade the general using a Ruby Guard model (smaller) but it also got the buggy helmet. It did have the glitched left-arm just like King Farkos of the Zora. I then managed to solve the helmet-issue and the arm-issue by trying stuff out in the MS3D-program - and as such I decided to remake the original general using the Goron RAM-model. I will most likely re-do King Farkos and Twinrova now so that their arms and hands will look fine - but I'm unable to solve the feet-below-ground-issue. I do know it's because of the skeleton.
    3. Custom model (1) = Darunia, the Sage of Fire and the leader of the Gorons. Is a unique Goron RAM-model.
    4. Custom Model (2) = General Dangoro - a unique Goron RAm that actually looked smaller here than in the videos as compared to Darunia and the general. Spawns late game.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Biggoron - the titan of the Gorons, and required the texture to be adjusted. It was rigged like an ordinary unit but unfortunately due to being so big has part of the legs and feet below ground. I did manage to solve the glitched arms though.
    6. Custom Model (4) = King Dodongo, only available if the Gorons conquer the Dodongo's cavern and slay King Dodongo. I had some real trouble with this one but at least now it is rid of any glitches with it's frontal legs. Is unfortunately below ground due to certain terrain.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Not in use.
    11. Custom Model (9) = Not in use.
    12. Custom Model (10) = Not in use.

So I've corrected the issues caused by the Goron models being too big for the skeleton to handle.
    Models that had their feet below ground had to be adjusted - such as the Goron RAM general, Darunia and Dangoro - Dangoro also needed his head to be static or it would look weird.
    Biggoron had to be made smaller, and he still walks a little odd but it's acceptable cause I didn't want him to be the same size as Darunia.
    King Dodongo is now above ground, his head doesn't detach anymore from the body and he is looking better. Unfortunately his frontal-legs are static and I might change this later. I had to make them static or they'd be glitched previously - as a smaller unit I might not need to but currently I'd have to re-do the strat-model from scratch and I don't wanna bother with it. It's an elephant-model so it's a little more frustrating than others.

On march 25th I completed the first iteration of the new Church of Majora strat-map models - this faction had only one model for all their generals and agents - the faction later had to be polished on march 29th 2021:

1. Soldier = Now a Mask of Majora.
    2. General (0) = A Wrath of Majora demonic-spawn - I bought a program that did allow me to lower the vertice/triangle count of the model and of other models. I payed about 26 dollars for it. Then I followed a tutorial by Gigantus and managed to lower the model enough to be able to add it to the campaign map.
    3. Custom model (1) = Dark God Majora himself - too big to be seen on this picture but he is there.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Majora-cultist Zelda III.
    No more heroes are used, and I had added Zelda 3 a while back for the Church. The two new strat-models were the Wrath-general and Majora himself - both of which required the new tool. I also needed to use the tool in order to be able to add the Mask with all it's parts as the new soldier on the map.
    Agents:
    All the agents were already added to the games files and didn't take up additional slots. However, I had forgotten to add a spy to the actual recruitment for this faction. New agents:
    1. Spy = A Majora Seeker Entity.
    2. Assassin = Avatar of Majora giant constructs of the Twili.
    3. Merchant = Mask of Majora with less detail, just a mask and no tentacles.
    4. Priest = Old Majora Disciples-model previously in use by all the agents due to being the only one made for this faction on the map by Undying Nephalim.
    5. Diplomat = Also the same Disciples of Majora.
    I had thought about adding the Eyes of Majora as assassins, and the Avatars as the priests but I didn't think the animation would work well with the Eyes. As for the Ikana Shamans I do want to keep them unique to the Kingdom of Ikana on the map.
    Majora himself could be placed above ground and unlike the humanoid giants wouldn't look glitched.

I've re-sized the Majora general, Majora himself and the Avatar of Majora-assassin - it's now the priest by the way.
    Then I've added a new assassin using the heavily-reduced-in-size Eyes of Majora-model.
    Majora himself will still be the biggest giant on the map. This is the finished strat-map for the Church of Majora in the coming update.
    I've also fixed the texture of the Fairy-general after finding out that the attachmentset should have been gerudo_main - something that wasn't corrected since the 2012-release.
    The Fairy-general also has a vertice-glitch that I'm trying to fix but I've failed as of yet. I did manage to remove it on the strat-map model that I've made, but then I failed because that version of the model had static body-parts - a result of me not knowing how to do things and just trying things out.
    I've since learnt how to rig a strat-model and managed to remove most issues - but the issue that's always been there for the battle-map model is hard to remove for both the strat-map model and the battle-map model. I'm trying everything but it still won't disappear. I might move on without fixing it.

On march 26th I did complete the undead Stalfos strat-map models - unfortunately this faction had a problem which prevented me from adding all of their heroes - the mod refused to read more than two additional heroes:

1. Soldier = the old skeleton by Undying Nephalim.
    2. General (0) = An old Scythe Lord by Undying Nephalim.
    3. Custom model (2) = Lord Akazoo the Harsh, the faction leader of the Stalfos.
    4. Custom Model (4) = Deadhand, a pretty big undead monster only available to the player if Kakariko is conquered as the Stalfos.
    5. Custom Model (10) = Necromancer, an old model by Undying Nephalim that I'm not sure were used previously in the sub-mod.
    PS: I did also finish the Undead Onox strat-model but unfortunately this faction is odd. I couldn't add any more strat-generals cause the game didn't react when adding them. This was also the case with Deadhand and Lord Akazoo until I gave them the "isfactionheir" and "isfactionleader"-lines respectively - any others refused to show-up, or took the spot from one of the others.
    I had planed on doing Stallord - a giant undead dragon, Dethl - a Druthuludi almost as big as Majora and to add Undead Onox but this wasn't possible. Also the first two requires me to re-work them in the tool in order to lower their polygon count and it wasn't worth the effort if they won't work anyway.
    Let's hope I can add custom characters for the rest of the factions without trouble. The Stalfos are heavily scripted so might be them only.

On march 26th I also did complete the strat-map models of the Ordona Province - a province of the Kingdom of Hyrule - it worked without any problems:

1. Soldier.
    2. General (0) = A Goatlord male.
    3. Custom model (1) = Farmer Ranger Malon - available as a mercenary for hire close to Lon-Lon Ranch for both the Ordona Province and the Kingdom of Hyrule..
    4. Custom Model (2) = Ashei the mercenary, available for the Ordona Province, the Labrynna Regime and the Kingdom of Hyrule close to the Labrynnian city of Symmetry - only Ordona and Labrynna will have her strat-model due to Hyrule having 10 already which is the limit.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Mayor Bo - the leader of the Ordona Province.
    6. Custom Model (4) = Rusl, the swordsman.
    7. Custom Model (5) = Ilia, a famed horse-racer and breeder of the Province.
    8. Custom Model (6) = Annara, famed ranger of the Province.
    9. Custom Model (7) = Mercenary Tsume, a character based on a DeviantArt fan-fiction. Is re-added to the mod and now with her own strat-map model. She and Annara will spawn late-game..
    11. Custom Model (9) = Twili Portal.
    12. Custom Model (10) = Subrosian Entrance.
    I've reached the limit of strat-map models in the descr_model_strat-file once again. I will need to remove the rest of the vanilla models, and then some of the agents that I think are unnecessary - then add the rest of the heroes.
    The Ordona Province had zero issues so I'd guess the Stalfos is an odd case.

On march 30th I finally completed the Fairy General which had a really annoying armor which had to be rigged onto every part of her model - it also had a glitch with it's vertices took 1½ days to fix:

"Yes, this Fairy General was really annoying me. I had to lower the triangle/vertice-count by using the tool or she would crash the game when trying to load the map with her. This was really annoying due to her armor being the type that has to be placed on all her bones and not just one. So I struggled with finding ways to get both the body and armor into the game without one of the parts being static.
    Fortunately I did find a tutorial on how to rig models and after that I could finally rig her body by placing out the vertices. Unfortunately she had an old glitch connected to vertices in battle and this glitch also happened to the strat-model - I believe it was the armor and specifically the bikini.
    To fix this issue wasn't easy and I haven't fixed it 100% but it's 99% gone and only visible from the back if looked at from the side. I think this is as far as I can go at this.
    The battle-model has the same issue and I will attempt to get it to look better."

Then later on march 30th I decided I could as well finish the rest of the Fairies of Tarm after all that struggle with the general - and that's where the progress has stopped as I since moved to Warcraft Total War to change it's strat-models first:

1. Soldier - Old Humanoid Manifest model.
    2. General (0) = The Fairy general that were the most troublesome strat-model yet.
    3. Custom model (1) = The Fairy Queen - I increased her size to fit the human skeleton because she would be horribly glitched if using her original smaller size like I did first. Fi is also smaller and that's why she is slightly glitched, but this character were way more glitched. Now she is perfect but a little big.
    4. Custom Model (2) = Essence of Tarm - a really good looking giant strat-model and unlike King Dodongo and Dezaia actually moves very nicely on the map.
    5. Custom Model (3) = Dezaia, has static frontal legs and isn't looking perfect when moving but it's the best I could do with her. Looking good standing still.
    There were only three custom heroes for the Fairies of Tarm, and they had the same issue as the undead Stalfos refusing to allow any more heroes after I had added the first two - fortunately I solved this by removing the script for heir and leader forcing heroes with these lines to only ever change those two. It worked and Dezaia could be added. Now let's find out if I can also add the rest of the Stalfos giants.
    The Fairies of Tarm also has gotten new agents as I never liked the 4.6 ones for this mod. They looked entirely out of place and different in style. Also, Neph used three different textures for the same model in use by 3 of the agents.
    I've added new ones:

1. Spy - Pink Pixies, the portrait for the 4.6-fairy suggests that Neph had intended the spy to be a pixie. I double-checked and there were no old model of a spy. They look cool when moving and are three in one unit.
    2. Merchant = Mad Mystic made the most sense.
    3. Priest - Herald of Seasons.
    If there is room for it at the end when every faction is ready then they might get a "Phantom of Tarm"-assassin.

There are still about ten factions left out of 28 on the campaign map - two of them are the same faction with different heroes.

Edit: 82 strat-map models in total as of yet.

Second EDIT: It's 86 models in total - I did finish a new general for the Forces of the Twilight with a red skin for Zant's faction, a new general for the Tokay, a new "mystic"-general for the Horon-faction while also giving Mayor Rusl his own soldier custom-model - and the Subrosian faction has their leader Rosa as a custom general on the map.

So the Minor Factions are finished on the campaign map, I also tried adding Otaylo from HTW 4.6 but it had too many triangles/vertices and would CTD when loading the map - that's why I didn't bother with the Zuna as all their heroes and leaders are 4.6 models. The ones I added above are classic-models from the older mod.

Of course the Forces of the Twilight and the River Zora are the same in 4.6 as well.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 19, 2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: 86 models - not 82! Pics

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2021/01/20!

Been awhile since I've been here but are all the old units back in the game?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    Been awhile since I've been here but are all the old units back in the game?
    The sub-mod in this thread always had the old units.

- The Havamal

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Yeah okay that's a wubload of models. I'm impressed.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Yeah okay that's a wubload of models. I'm impressed.
    Thanks man, I have 11 factions left to do.

- I did go and finish 69 models in Warcraft: Total War after this - and the number of Hyrule models are 86 currently.

I'm currently taking a break. Warcraft has been updated with the models and other changes, while Hyrule has the march strat-models on it's Discord only for now.

Originally I wanted the release to be finished so that's why it won't end up on MODDB until the final 11 factions are done on the map.

So I'm going to do some Faerun strat-models before I get back to Hyrule.

I do believe that the Forces of the Twilight are next - or the Moblins.

- The Havamal

Been a while since I've played, has this version added any new content that wasn't in the base game?
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    Been a while since I've played, has this version added any new content that wasn't in the base game?
    It wouldn't exist if it didn't add a huge amount of changes and improvements.

- The Havamal

This is Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate with 17 out of 28 factions having all their strat-models updated - we have new generals and heroes on the map for the Kingdom of Hyrule, the Gerudo, Sheikah, Order of the Wizzrobe, Labrynna Regime, Huskus Remnants, Fairies of Tarm, Gorons, Zora, River Zora, Lanayru Province, Ordona Province, Stalfos, Tokay, Subrosia, Horon and the Church of Majora - all of them with new custom models made in march of 2021. - Fixing Unit_info-card sizes and some stats.
    Features of the new updated version of Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate, namely the "Strat-Model Overhaul Halfway Done"-release, will be described below:

This is Hyrule Total War:
    Classic Ultimate with 17 out of 28 factions having all their strat-models updated.

- 86 new strat-models in total including a new general for the Forces of the Twilight, with a red re-skin for Zant's faction. Originally I had intended to finish every faction before releasing this version publicly, but instead there will be another release with the rest.

- I've also fixed the Unit_info-cards, so that all of them have the same size - no more varied sizes which should hopefully fix the CTD (crash to desktop) when right-clicking on unit-cards on the campaign map.

- Stat-changes have been made to some units to be closer to Neph's original release.

- Bongo-Bongo will spawn automatically whenever Bongo is killed, unlike previously where she would only spawn if the Sheikah also where holding Kakariko.

EDIT as of 2022-11-27 - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Strat-Map model Conversion Development Cycle March 13 - 30 2021 (New video from 2022):

EDIT as of 2022-04-18 - Video with details about the latest update of the mod from July 31st last year uploaded to Youtube, it was made this night - modding happened between March 12th and March 31st 2021.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 13, 2022 at 10:37 AM. Reason: New videos recorded in 2022 of the 2021 changes added!

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate ()! - Updated 2021/07/31!

Updates as of October 5th 2022, without a release - the WIP isn't finished:

- "New Hyrule" Navigator strat-map model ship available at turn 151!

I did try to convert the smallest ship in the "New Hyrule" navy from the Great Sea: Total War expansion demo into a strat-map model ship. I did this because I wanted to find out if I could manage to convert models into ships on the map.

I did this model into a strat-map model prior to the Kraken-model of Warcraft: Total War for the Naga-faction.

Great Sea: Total War was a planned expansion of Hyrule: Total War set in a later time-line with an adult Zelda 5 and focusing on pirates and ships. It had a demo released with two factions - the Oceanblins and the New Hyrule - both had five ships each.

It also included all of New Hyrule's land-based units but only one unit on land for the Oceanblins, a Rito-unit for the Rito (probably a hero) and it had a cool unique custom settlement for the sea-battles

In any case, ships on the strat-map do steal space from units on the battlemap - so obviouslky I did prefer the battlemodels on land over strat-map ships - and there were no use for the battle-map ships as Hyrule: Total war has all of its battles being fought on land..

That said, there was one strat-map model ship in use by the slave-faction or the rebels - called a "pirate ship" - I replaced the vanilla model with this New Hyrule-model of the Navigator.

I then added the ship to the Kingdom of Hyrule as the only ship available to any faction in the mod. There are only three seas in the mod and they aren't very crowded - Hyrule dominates the smallest one, then we have one that is dominated by Labrynna and a third one where in theory the Lanayru Province and the Moblins could compete - but I felt it wouldn't be worthwhile to waste unit-slots on ships.

The "New Hyrule"-ships have unit cards that fit Hyrule though. The ship is there to represent the New Age coming in the late-game as all of New Hyrule's land-troops are available to be recruited after Tetralyna Zelda 5 spawns at turn 151.

In the next update cavalry will be available from all Hylian lands.

The strat-model ship above is also from 2021 in late March just never previewed before, as it were the final model I did I believe before jumping to Warcraft: Total War in April 2021.

- "Mounted Farmer Archers" available at Lon-Lon Ranch in the next release!

So in all the older versions of Hyrule: Total War you could only ever recruit the "Mounted Recruits" and the "Mounted Hyrulean Knights" (after turn 151 the later would become the "Knights of Red Lions") - from Lon-Lon Ranch.

This resulted in many Hylian armies consisting of infantry and ranged-units only. I've since changed this:

1. Mounted Recruits will be available from the start of the game in all the Hylian, Wizzrobe and Sheikah-lands - and also from the Ordonian, Gerudo and Lanayru Province lands - basically all the lands with horses.

2. "Mounted Hyrulean Knights" will also be available from those same territories - but only after you have constructed a level four barrack in your settlement.

3. The "Knights of Red Lions" will replace the former at turn 151 when Princess Tetralyna Zelda 5 spawns in the campaign, but only from the fifth tier of barracks - you'll still be able to recruit the former unit from 4th level barracks. The Knights of Red Lions are also available from those same areas as the other two units.

What about Lon-Lon Ranch then?

Well, I did reason that Hyrule has no lack of knights and swordsmen recruits and wouldn't have an issue with horses neither from Ordona - its province. As such I felt that the cavalry should be more common based on this plus it's kinda boring with infantry-based armies against other factions that have a lot of cavalry.

But outside of Lon-Lon Ranch you could hire Malon - a mercenary farmer girl from Ordona Province with a bodyguard of Mounted Farmer Archers - after she died you couldn't get any such unit again. As such I instead opted to add the "Mounted Farmer Archers" as the new unique unit from Lon-Lon Ranch only.

The unit will be as rare as the knights used to be in the older releases. It can also be recruited from all the Ordonian lands.

- Sheikah Shadow Cannons available at Snowpeak Castle in the next release!

During one of the "Hyrule Historia"-Missions Princess Zelda 1 is defending against the Moblins and is taking residence at Snowpeak castle - in which Impa, the Sage of Shadows and a Sheikah Assassin - informs her that there are some old rusty cannons that the Sheikah cadre used in the past - the Shadow Cannons!

The Snowpeak custom settlement is made to defend very well with this exact siege engine, and the leader in the campaign for the Kingdom of Hyrule at the start of the game is this same Princess Zelda 1 - as such it made sense to add the Shadow Cannon to the Hyrule recruitment from Snowpeak only.

It's a really powerful cannon.

- New Regional Recruitment for the Kingdom of Hyrule!

In the old version released right now you could get Ancient Trebuchets, Ancient mages and Loftwing cavaliers from Vigjaro - the capital of the Order of the Wizzrobe - if you hold the area after the Wizzrobe faction has spawned in the campaign.

This event happens on turn 5 in the Free-Form Campaigns and late-game on turn 119 or so in the Hyrule Historia-campaign.

In the coming version this has changed. I've removed the Ancient Trebuchets and instead added Acolytes and Armoured Acolytes while keeping the Ancient Mages and the Loftwing Cavaliers.

I wanted to use the Hylian Wizards at first instead of the Ancient Mages but unlike the later they could be recruited in 1 single turn which I didn't like because this enabled the player to recruit them prior to the Order conquering the area in the event - with the Ancient Mages you need to defeat the Wizzrobes first.

Also, at Kakariko you'll now have these 8 new Sheikah-units.

In Ordonian lands you'll have 6 new Ordonian units.

They're new for the Kingdom of Hyrule that is.

Sheikah Protectors is a new unit for both the Sheikah and the Kingdom of Hyrule.

After Tetralyna Zelda 5 spawns at turn 151 you'd get to recruit Lanayru Mages and Aquamarine units from the Lanayru Province lands or the Zora lands. You'd also get the Labrynnian Pistolmen from Labrynnian lands.

Why? Because in the Great Sea: Total War "New Hyrule" had all these units except the Pistolmen but they are the bodyguard of Captain Linbeck of Labrynna - who would have been a hero of New Hyrule in that mod.

- The changes above except the New Hyrule strat-model ship were done in October this year.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 13, 2022 at 10:43 AM.

- The Havamal