Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

Crap I forgot I've post already XD sorry. I want to add I starting to make Terminian hylians/zoras on my own XD. I'm still working on their context, based a on Majora's Mask lore and my interpretation.
    Last edited by Santa_Anna; September 29, 2018 at 12:21 AM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: SUBMOD of Hyrule Total War 3.6 with new settlements and New-Hyrule units etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Santa_Anna View Post
    I love the idea for 3.6 being a submod. I hope you post it soon. I have both, UN recent version and 3.0 version. Sadly I've lost 3.6 version, I think was the sweetest version available with the wizrobe roster and the antient hylians and river zoras. I even starting to make Terminian hylians/zoras on my own XD.
    Funny that you posted now.

I have been doing some work on the submod tonight, adding symbols for the Oocaa, rebels and Wild Life - plus porting the symbols for the minor factions. So it is looking better - i did also fix the Oocca Emmissaries and Oocca Scouts unit picture not showing up despite being in the folder with the right name.

I have taken screens of the stuff i want to port to the old version from the new. As i wrote before it won't be 3.6 in the true sense of the word, as i want to replace the old mounts with new if i deem the new ones better looking, i may also want to add some of the mercs and units from the new version.

I will avoid replacing older units (not counting mounts) but if there are new units that i think should be in the old version they might be added. Also, there will be some New Hyrule units (all are in the folder with textures but some aren't UV-maped sadly so i will probably skip those) and all the available custom settlements from both the old and the new version included.

The Darknut Legion is going to get the skirmisher and cavalry units. Horses, Goats and Wolfs might be replaced as well as crab-mounts.

Stalfos might get the new siege engines, Moblins might as well. Stalfos also has a few new troops that would fit in the old version as well.

Of course space is limited, and i think it's harder to do stuff in the campaign as everything is done by scripts as opposed to the descr_strat that i am used to. There are in-fact no entries in the descr_strat for units/garrisons/heroes with the exception of the Majora faction.

I have enough room left for the whole Oocca faction and for the few New Hyrule units that i know i can port (Hero Linbeck for the Labrynna Regime, Hero Laruto from Great Sea for the Lanayuru Province, A Rito-unit for Kingdom of Hyrule and Aquamarine Mages for the Lanayuru Province. I do also know that i will be able to replace the mounts and siege engines in most cases.

But - i may need to remove stuff to be able to add new units for the factions, or mercs to the factions. I could have easily removed heroes from custom battles and used them as custom models for generals had this been Warcraft or any other mod, opening up over 20 slots - but this mod is using Hero Abilities and i am not sure they would work if the entries were to be removed. Also, everything is spawned by scripts so it's rather annoying and risky to mess with that.

I am still thinking maybe some of the heroes can be removed from custom battles to open up space for new units.

- Stalfos would get two siege engines, five new units from the new Stalfos roster plus extra units from the undead minor faction.

- Darknut Legion would get two cavalry units and one skirmisher unit plus a deity morale-inspiring thing.

- Gerudo would get the one unit that is unique to their new roster with sword and shield and possibly new Keaton regionals/mercs.

- Ancient Hylians would get at least two Golems made by or for the Wind Tribe.

- Forces of the Twilight would get another Twilight Golem.

- River Zola would get the Storm Zora units as regionals/mercs.

- Gorons would get the Gorons from that other area as regionals/mercs.

- Zuna has at least two new units.

- Tokay has at least two new units.

Removing heroes could be troublesome, but that is the only way to open up space.

We'll see what happens but i might decide to skip the additional units and only add in the four New Hyrule units and the Occaa roster.

Would be cool with the rest but that depends on if it's worth removing heroes or other units. Heroes i think can still be included as normal generals, but they would loose their abilities i think - which only works in the campaign anyway.

Mounts will be replaced as the old ones look ugly in comparison. The only one i want to keep is the Lizalfos old mount. The Goats of old Ordona are ugly, the Horse Hyrule is using might be kept for Malon as i like it - but the new version will be added to the recruits, and the armoured horse to the mounted knights. Ordona also has a new horse.

About the old wolfs they aren't that bad, so i will consider what to do carefully. The new is bad-ass though but it could be good keeping the old one.

I do prefer the new Fairies of Tarm (they look lovely) and the new Deku Tribes (they look perfect) but i won't have the time to port them and will keep the old stuff. I may port siege engines and unique heroes, plus that Mad Mystic - but as it might look out of place maybe not.

The Sheikah will get some new stuff possibly. I am likely to add officers and strats to those who lack variations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-09-29 05-58-28-603.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 05-58-45-428.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 05-58-50-023.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-11-26-865.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-11-32-131.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-11-34-729.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-11-36-849.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-11-39-495.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 06-34-58-148.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 07-17-33-554.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 29, 2018 at 12:43 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hey will you improve the A.I. on the game map, it's very passive as of the current version.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    Hey will you improve the A.I. on the game map, it's very passive as of the current version.
    I think you've misunderstood something.

- I am not the creator of Hyrule Total War - Undying Nephalim is.

This thread is about a sub-mod - not the released mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I've been working on this sub-mod since saturday and progress is going well.

What i've done the recent days are the following:

1. Implemented all the new stratmodels for Spies, Diplomats, Assassins, Merchants and Priests for all the factions - including the minor factions. I've also kept the old agents for generals/captains.

- I am trying to give most factions all the agent types even though some factions will not get spies and assassins.

2. I've also re-used some older models for the minor factions, and decided to use the new ones for the main instead.

- Certain agents have new roles as i thought they fit better in those roles. I've also changed the animations of the older stratmodels from them all using "stratmap soldier" to using the correct animation for their specific role.

- Old Gerudo Diplomat is now a spy, New Gerudo Diplomat is now a priest as it looked the most like one - and the Gerudo Dancer Spy is now a Diplomat. Animation changed to Princess for the Gerudo Dancer and it walks lovely.

- All the vanilla stratmap models have been removed for diplomats and merchants.

- I've updated the EDB with all the factions using diplomats (everyone but the minors and the River Zora (Zola) faction currently - with the exception of Horon). I will change this as i think the River Zora should have a diplomat and a priest. I am going to use the old Zora Dominion diplomat for them, and use the new one for the Zora Dominion. Same with the Priest but maybe it will use the Lanayuru old Priest, and the new for the Province.

- Sheikah will have the new assassin (implemented) and Hyrule the old. As for the spy i did use Sheikh as the new spy for the Sheikah, and the old spy-agent for Hyrule. Now instead i actually plan to use the old one for the Sheikah, and the Sheikh-agent as their Priest - then Hyrule will get it's new spy.

- Assassins, Spies and Priests are still to be implemented into the recruitment queue in the EDB, but some factions have Priests already.

- Church of Majora has the "Majora Disciples" in use for all their agents including their gens/caps.

- The Oocca is still to be implemented into the campaign as a playable faction. However, they do have their agents and stratmodels ready - they are using the new Wizzrobe-models sharing the merchant and spy with the Order of the Wizzrobes - the rest are using the new models, while the Order is using the older diplomat, priest and gen/cap. They are also using their Priest-model as inquisitor and assassin - as the Oocca is the Pope-faction.

- I've let the AI play and i believe there is a slight possibility of a crash occuring after turn 97 - if it happens the autosave won't work - one has to always create quicksaves using ctrl-s each turn to be able to load and try again. Mod is very stable, and i tried loading from turn 91 and it played fine up until turn 120 without any ctd - there wasn't any by then neither but i got tired. Also, the Darknut Legion managed to win the campaign by conquering enough regions to fill their victory conditions.

While the mod is already playable it is not ready. - As i do want the agents fully implemented into the recruitment, the new stratmap custom settlements and battle custom settlements implemented, the older battle custom settlements checked that they are indeed working in the mod, i want to rename the "Dead Maku Tree" to "Majora Prime" and the "Sunken City" to "Sky City" - Sky City will not be playable in realtime but i will include it as the Oocca Capital, and hope someone will fix it later. If not, you can gamble by autoresolving or use the "auto_win attacker" cheat. It's a waste to not use it, and Undying Nephalim didn't finish the pathing and also never made it reachable from the ground. But it's impressive and maybe someone will fix it if it's left there already implemented into the campaign.

Besides those changes i would like the new stratmap resources, the four Great Sea units, the Great Sea custom settlement, additional units for most factions, but especially for the minor factions - and of course i need to create some new portraits for the new units from Great Sea as they have none.

When all that is done it's almost ready - i will need the new animations for some of the new units and the Oocca to work. So those will be implemented, as well as the whole Oocca faction.

- I've made all factions selectable in the campaign with the exception of the unused slave-faction, the HeroOfTime scripts-faction (Ancient Hylians) and one other i think.

Edit:

3. I've also added all the UI portraits and such from the most recent version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-10-29 18-18-16-073.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-28 17-21-07-724.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 02-20-42-583.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 03-09-59-504.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 03-27-06-695.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-10-30 10-14-05-224.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 10-16-17-739.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 10-16-41-986.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 10-18-36-636.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 10-20-26-171.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 30, 2018 at 05:52 AM.

- The Havamal

Back in septembre i did replace most of the old outdated mounts and only those with new animations are still to be added such as the riders for the Darknut Legion cavalry.

I will show you som portraits of my progress in the following few posts, as i am limited to ten pics in one post.

I will show you the old and compare it with the new. First off is the Hylian and Gerudo mounts:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-02-53-848.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 13-58-06-469.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-05-46-879.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 13-56-34-241.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 13-57-13-303.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-10-30 13-57-51-203.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-13-23-214.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-58-27-812.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-00-16-031.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 13-59-37-384.jpg  

- The Havamal

Lanayuru Province, and the Ordona Province:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-36-28-422.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-35-46-743.jpg   kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-13-54-494.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-30-21-785.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-30-39-235.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-13-38-562.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-30-54-497.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-34-53-444.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-35-06-176.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-35-24-445.jpg  

- The Havamal

Hello guys,

so i've made some progress:

1. All the agents (spies, assassins, priests, diplomats and merchants) are now fully implemented and working in the mod, and the mod is fully stable after this - i've also changed things in the EDB.

In my EDB i had made it easy for myself by making all the agents recruitable from the same buildings back when i were a noob in 2013. Now however - i have removed the factions from the wrong religious buildings and added them to their own structures.

Catholics - Hylian, Oocca, Sheikah and Ordona.

Orthodox - Others.

Islam - Others.

etc..

Of course those vanilla-names are code-names, they have their own religions such as Goddess Worship, Lesser Goddess Worship etc.

2. I've made Spies and Assassins only available from the unique faction-specific buildings. As an example Hyrule and Sheikah can only get new spies and assassins from Kakariko - and Sheikah starts with two spies and a diplomat even if it will let Hyrule keep the settlement. Others can only recruit those agents (if they have them, not everyone has spies and assassins) from their own unique building. Gerudo, Lizalfos, Labrynna Regime and possibly one or two more have those agents. Zora Dominion has spies for sure.

- Stalfos has no settlement at teh start but i plan on giving them Aslosus as that will give them a reason to do something in the campaign, same with the River Zola - they will most likely get FortofWings even though they do some stuff after they spawn unlike the Stalfos. And the Order of the Wizzrobe might get Vigjaro Glade so they have a base even if the Hylians refuse to give them Vigjaro as the AI.

3. Stalfos can only get Priests from Kakariko, and as such three factions need the same settlement for their unique agents. In Kakariko is the Shadow Temple so that is why.

4. I've moved the Gold Knuckle from the elite ordinary infantry queue to the unique Spirit Temple where it now requires plate armor upgrade to be built first, the Silver Knuckle has been degraded and now requires the lower armour upgrade instead of the plate - and the Bronze Knuckle only requires the Spirit Temple so it's available from the Capital at the start.

5. Zuna Ziggurats are now recruitable by the Zuna from the start, and if the Zuna are absorbed by any of the other factions those will also be able to recruit Zuna Ziggurats. I still need to tweak the numbers available and such.

I did also attempt to add unique strat-map settlements to each area but i failed. Neph used faction_variations and used unique material for all the factions - but there are an hardcoded limit on how many variations one can have. As such when i were finished the mod did start, and the map were gorgeous but took forever to load. Then when exiting the mod i got a CTD-message. I do believe when the limit is breached the mod will start, but you will have CTD when exiting the campaign to the menu and sometimes even during the campaign.

As i choose stability first i decided to remove all the changes. There is another way of giving the map unique material without breaching the limit causing the mod to get unstable and ctd at random - the settlements aren't upgradeable, while you can upgrade them as a feature - the settlements themselves do not change. I do believe Neph added upgrades as a new building tree instead of using the upgradeable settlement feature - because otherwise settlements would turn into different ones. So the method that can be used to not breach the limit on variations is to turn most regions into the same settlement-type in the descr_strat - while still keeping them as a lower settlement when it comes to their buildable buildings.

This is what i am going to attempt next, because i do really want all the vanilla stratmap-settlements replaced by unique ones - without causing the game to crash frequently..

Some pics of my work and the results of the failed attempt - it might show what i want for the mod using the different method:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-10-31 13-13-25-702.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-31 13-19-49-633.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-31 15-42-07-338.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-31 15-42-15-330.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 23-30-57-418.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-09-29 09-14-29-642.jpg   kingdoms 2018-10-30 14-32-29-446.jpg  

- The Havamal

Been working since the last post with adding unique custom strat-map models to all the regions, and i've since finished the ones for the following factions:

Gohma, Gorons, Gerudo, Zora Dominion, Lanayru Province, River Zora, Horon, Zuna, Hyrule, Darknut Legion, Huskus (already done), Saxons/Wild Life (they are partly done).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-01 15-12-50-862.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 15-30-28-675.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 15-53-28-097.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 15-53-11-301.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 16-09-58-365.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-01 16-10-09-567.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 16-12-42-079.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 16-12-54-913.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 17-20-23-304.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 17-22-09-510.jpg  

- The Havamal

Kokiri, Deku Tribes, Lizalfos, Ikana, Fairies of Tarm, Ordona Province done:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-01 18-46-27-421.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 18-47-02-081.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 18-50-25-113.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 18-58-22-700.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 18-58-48-914.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-01 19-04-11-354.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 19-32-21-210.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 19-46-20-794.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 19-40-05-060.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 19-50-15-428.jpg  

- The Havamal

And so i've finished the custom settlement strat-models for the final factions (custom settlement battle models are not included for all the regions, depending on if they have different faction ownerships, - and if they are new i haven't yet implemented them from the 4.6 version).

- Strat-map is now finished with the exception of the resources which i will attempt next.

Factions done now are:

Moblins, Labrynna Regime, Subrosians, Tokay - and Twilight (Zanti/Midna) already done.

Majora has no strat-map settlement and the Oocca will re-use the Hyrule new strat-model. Stalfos will probably not have any after their custom battle settlement model has been added.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-01 20-25-45-798.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 20-26-07-601.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 20-38-05-148.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 20-43-11-167.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 20-43-37-158.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-01 21-21-57-016.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 21-20-28-649.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 21-20-48-159.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 21-21-05-221.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 21-21-42-188.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 01, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

- The Havamal

I have decided to finish off the custom battle settlements first, and i also found out that forts can be using any settlement in battle and on the strat-map - i will try to replace all the vanilla forts in the mod with suitable settlements. It will be like they can temporarily build settlements/fortifications anywhere looking like Zelda areas.

I've already added the battlemap custom settlements for the River Zola settlements, Rolling Ridge, the Horon settlements, the Zora Dominion, the Lanayru and fixed issues with some old ones due to wrong entries or ownerships.

Next i am going to finish off the rest of them and then the forts - after that i will attempt resources from the most recent version.

- Due to the limit on stratmap-material i may not be able to replace all the forts on the stratmap however.

Some pics from my playtesting after being done with the stratmap settlements (the map is so much better looking now):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-13-38-381.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-28-59-906.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 00-30-20-354.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 00-10-46-446.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 00-02-08-656.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-55-07-566.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-45-36-990.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-36-53-589.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-28-17-355.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-01 22-28-55-132.jpg  

- The Havamal

Thanks to Bantu Chieftains help, the Labrynna Pistolmen and Assault Riflemen Dragoon - has now been fixed.

I did the UV-maping and the replacements of weapons in may 2017 after some advice from Paleologos.

- But the Dragoon would point the assault rifles downwards when firing, and the Pistolmen would point their pistols at the sides while holding the Labrynna Swords at the same time.

- The sword and the pistol is in the same style as the old roster, as they were the weapons of Labrynna hero Linbeck in the Great Sea expansion - a unit which were to have Labrynnian Gunners wearing pistols as it's bodyguard.

- The Assault Rifles have the new style of 4.6 as the weapon were made for the new models, but i still wanted it in the old army.

I plan on using the Dragoon as a new elite ranged unit, while the pistolmen will most likely be turned into the bodyguard of Linbeck when he is added - or if i decide to not add heroes due to limited space, they might become mounted Bear Riders like those seen in 4.6 but using these older models and weapons instead. I don't think the weapons in use by the Pistolmen has been used before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-56-46-198.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-56-54-697.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-57-02-732.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 21-00-45-077.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 21-01-03-726.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-57-20-216.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-59-12-444.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-58-09-012.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-58-19-478.jpg   kingdoms 2018-11-02 20-59-18-279.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; November 02, 2018 at 03:37 PM.

- The Havamal

My god you are some kind of warrior... May valhalla welcome you as a brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    My god you are some kind of warrior... May valhalla welcome you as a brother!
    Thank you. All the assets and scripts are the creations of Undying Nephalim. My work in this mod is turning the old 3.6 version of Hyrule total War into a better version - by coding lots of files and moving over assets from the recent version, and from the unused material of the Great Sea expansion.

- The only things i've created are portraits for Great Sea units. Otherwise it's all coding - while everything in the mod otherwise is Neph's creation. Still, coding is work so i thank you for your comment.

This submod will not get many releases. It will be released when ready.

- The Havamal

Hey Its you doing this mod, I just found one of your posts on the modDB page, very nice work!

I remember I was once making my own mod for this game, returning the old character models and attempting to keep newer ones that are more visually relevant, and adding in some units from those old submods like Eldrens Kingdom of the Golden Land. that was years ago though, Ive kinda forgotten how some of it is done, If you ever have interest in a tutorial or a basic video of some raw footage of you doing some modding I'd love to see it myself. Otherwise still, I look forward to seeing your work friend, very cool someone is taking the torch and running with it. Very exciting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bortlemacintosh View Post
    Hey Its you doing this mod, I just found one of your posts on the modDB page, very nice work!

I remember I was once making my own mod for this game, returning the old character models and attempting to keep newer ones that are more visually relevant, and adding in some units from those old submods like Eldrens Kingdom of the Golden Land. that was years ago though, Ive kinda forgotten how some of it is done, If you ever have interest in a tutorial or a basic video of some raw footage of you doing some modding I'd love to see it myself. Otherwise still, I look forward to seeing your work friend, very cool someone is taking the torch and running with it. Very exciting stuff
    Thank you, and interesting to hear about your submod. I have Eldren's Kingdom of the Golden Land.

In any case, i ain't adding old stuff to the new version - i am actually doing the opposite. I have the old version, and has turned it into something new by taking stuff from the most recent version plus the unreleased content from the Great Sea beta.

- So i ain't adding old models back, they are already in the mod - i am on the contrary adding new models, settlements and stratmodels etc where i think they suit. The problem i have with Neph's more recent units are not the high resolution - but the fact they have the Hyrule Warriors style. I like some of the new rosters, but i would have advised him to keep the Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess style.

The new games doesn't interest me - Ocarina of Time were my favorite and the only one i played to the end. Twilight Princess looked good though.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 02, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

- The Havamal

I changed Val Jabun because the Greshou settlement didn't work well on the battlemap in that region, and the rebel garrison were actually Lanayru Zora.

The settlement is now old Airu in the battle, and the Airu settlement is the upgraded Airu from 2015 - on the strat-map they use the same model which is the Airu one.

I couldn't resist playing two battles as the Zora Dominion while testing the changes, and i also decided to show the new strat-map in the video - i didn't talk anything though.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-14 10-57-57-613.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-14 09-32-41-483.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-14 09-34-11-336.jpg  

- The Havamal

I've done a lot of work on this mod lately.

Most work has been on the campaign, adding and fixing almost all the custom settlements available for the mod - implementing the new ones from version 4.6, using older ones from the Hyrule Historia Missions where i could - and fixing some that didn't spawn.

- I've replaced some settlements on the strat-map and in battle for the Gohma faction.

- Civilian script has been made working and the Lanayru settlements are ready. I am not sure whether i will have civilians spawn when attacking a settlement or not. Maybe not, due to the stupid AI using them to attack the player - they will however spawn for the players faction whenever the starting settlements or settlements where the factions population would migrate are under attack.

I don't think Hylians or Zora would want to live in Death Rock Mountain.. They would most likely conquer it, spare the population - and then use the Gorons as underlings in their respective empires. Gorons wouldn't like to live in the Zora Domain neither..

As such there won't spawn civilians in areas were the players faction wouldn't migrate. You can expect Lanayru Civilians in all the Lanayru, Zora Dominion and Zola settlements if the Lanayru is holding them when the settlements are attacked and the player is playing as the Lanayru. You'd get to defend your civilians, and the animation makes them walk around freely in all directions in huge distances. Only when moved they are tightly formed. I'd say they should only be moved to an isolated area of the city and then they will walk around freely by themselves.

If the AI is controlling them they would be sacrificed in an attack..

- I did also work on a Gerudo unit that i converted from a strat-model after advice from Bantu. Then i did add older Gerudadorf weapons to it and did UV-map all the weapons - ten different blades i believe. Unfortunately the left leg were glitched and until that is fixed with Bantu's hep it can't be properly used. Also, it may not fit in 3.6 as it is a HQ model.

- I did implement the Labrynna Civilians tot he mod/custom battles and they had to use spades as weapon due to lacking model parts. One model part needs to be a primaryactive0 weapon - and if i used the body then both female and male versions would be one and the same.

- Finally for now i've finished the Labrynna roster adding Blue Dragoons, Assault Riflemen Dragoon, Pistolmen and Grenadiers. Only the Hero Linbeck needs to be added to the campaign. Also, i do need to edit their custom settlement to remove the Tower from most of their battle-map custom settlements.

After this i will need to finish off the Ikanian custom settlements, add unique forts instead of vanilla, add new resources on the campaign map replacing the vanilla resources still there (i hope i won't reach the limit), implement the Oocca faction and the rest of the units and implement it all to the campaign.

The civilians will need to be properly implemented, heroes remade etc in the game.

- When thinking about it i did actually change all the starting heroes so that they do not use their custom battle hero entry in the campaign. Heroes were officers - and the general were a generic HTW general. I've changed this for all the ordinary Heroes - only exceptions are the giants or odd heroes. So no changes for the Gohma, Moblin Giants etc.

The change has made it so that the general is the Hero (it has more health and can take more damage than an officew which is just the same as any unit). It annoyed me when the hero models would die so easily - and the message that Zelda etc had died happened after the generic general died. All in all there are over 50 such heroes that will be replaced. I've replaced about 20. Then i will remove them from custom battles to open up for more units from 4.6 to add to the minor factions, mercs etc.

Oh, and i did also fix some Hyrule Historia Missions:

1. Majora Prime Final Mission were added from the "unfinished"-folder (it is finished actually) and i did fix an issue where it spawned a vanilla settlement instead of Majora Prime.

2. I did fix two missions where Dondongo's cavern didn't show and instead a vanilla one spawned.

I did also upload a new video tonight:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-15 18-24-13-458.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 18-24-30-525.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 19-35-49-012.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-15 20-23-34-243.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-16 11-42-52-476.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-16 12-59-40-772.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-16 15-08-08-633.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-18 20-29-40-814.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 02-03-07-323.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 02-23-07-482.jpg  

- The Havamal

I was going to post my update report two days ago but here it is:

1. With the help of Makeayane (or whatever the username was as i can never remember his name properly) who gave instructions i managed to edit the Lynna City custom settlement, which is the Labrynna Regime's Capital City, so that the Tower at the center of the city were removed.

I am using the "city with tower" strat-model for the capital, and the one without a tower as the ordinary Labrynnian cities. By removing the tower of the battle-model i do now indeed have the Tower only for the capital in battle as well. I were surprised that Undying Nephalim had left a strat-model of Labrynnas Capital with the tower built unused in the files - while the custom settlement on the battle-map had the tower. I of course understood that he intended for the strat-model to change during the campaigns story events. I don't think this is possible in Med2, but i know that it is possible in Rome Total War - because in the Lord of the Rings-mod Dol Guldur will change both the model and name on the strat-map when liberated from Mordor by the Elves.

In Med2 i don't think this is possible. It might be possible to upgrade a settlement so that it would change but Neph had de-activated settlement upgrades - which is good in the end because otherwise we wouldn't be able to have different strat-map settlements everywhere. We would reach the limit causing heavy errors and CTD.

So now we have awesome strat-map cities and awesome battle-map cities everywhere. All the models are created by Neph and i did replace lots of vanilla settlements with his unique ones - he only ever intended them for capitals or certain cities. But he also intended to create unique ones everywhere - something that wasn't finished - and as such i choose to use the existing ones the best way i could in order to remove the MED2 vanilla ones. I can't stand vanilla without getting heavily bored. I have played in them too many times.. If you eat your favorite meal too much you will tire as well - i also always wanted vanilla ones gone.

2. I've fixed the civilian script so that we can now have civilians everywhere and both in defensive and attacking battles - no matter if the AI nor the player is defending nor attacking. We could also use any civilian anywhere. The AI will not be able to move the civilians, and the player won't neither - they will move around in the city on their own and cannot be attacked. It adds a lot of immersion and makes the settlements come alive. When you attack the Gorons they will have Goron civilians, when you defend the Goron settlement you will have Goron Civilians - no one can control or attack them but they show that the population are Gorons in the city. You will fight on the streets while the civilians walk around. When a faction like the Stalfos take over and are defending, you will have ReDeads etc walking around instead - Majora might have corrupted versions of the units.

Currently only Lanayru is implemented but the rest will be. If i made them attackable then they could also be used to attack - and we don't want Gorons retaking a Goron settlement and killing their own people, or civilians in a city to attack the troops as the AI - so they are bystanders just for immersion and will work like those in Rome Total War, but show up in battles instead of when viewing a settlement. They do take a slot out of the army-size of 20 units. Meaning you will have 19 defenders and not 20 in a city.

3. I've added the UZU Twilight strat-model city for the Majora Prime area, which is in essence the "Dead Maku Tree". The name won't be changed because there is an error with the text-files in the text-folder - making the text be dated 2012, and the sprite be dated 2014 - when i removed the txt-file and edited a new one based on the sprite-file - then the mod always would crash at the River Zola spawn on turn 15.. So i won't touch any of those files. But the Dead Maku Tree is Majora Prime in battle and is the Church of Majora capital.

4. I did fix the Agahnim Soldiers silver surfers for the Majora faction in the last update hence the pic of them. Sheikah cannot fight Sheikah - so Neph had added Agahnim Soldiers to the Majora faction for the Hyrule Historia missions. I fixed the silver surfer.

5. I'd check on my last attempt at adding the Majora faction to the campaign - i had heavily failed because only Kokiri, Gorons and Zora were available. It would seem i hadn't added the actual Majora units. I had only added units to the barracks and such which are used by the Hylians etc. I did therefore add all the Majora units with the exception of the True Form - which is the Hero unit himself. I did fix the Hylians in the recruitment as well as others - Hylian level fourth and fifth levels of barracks had gorons, majora and not hylians, majora as ownerships - causing the Hyrule faction to not be able to recruit their best units. I did also make sure that all the regional units were made regional in their homelands only - Ikana Shamans and Twilight "Avatars of Majora" are all using Majora masks - they also fit well in the Majora roster as regionals and were added as such. The Agahnim Soldiers were added as Sheikah regionals as well.

6. I changed the diplomacy so that the Majora faction now is at war with all the good factions that they have regional units from. They are still allied to Ikana and both the Twilight factions.

7. River Zola, Wizzrobe, Sheikah and Ikana spawns are set to activate at the start of the campaign, because they would never have any impact in the campaign when spawning late in the game - they would alwasy just be crushed by the developed factions. The River Zola did some good - but Ikana, Wizzrobe and Sheikah had no impact at all. When making them spawn early they do actually have the power to expand - even though the Sheikah likely will defend Kakariko.

8. I tried to spawn the Stalfos but they crashed when the event showed up.. I sat for hours and at the end i managed to fix the issue - they would spawn and do well in the borderlands between the Kokiri and the Hylians - holding areas such as Naldariko, Malkariko, Great Deku Tree's Groove and such. Due to a transgressor bug i had to de-activate them and the script. It would seem the many spawning scripts were too much for the engine to handle - resulting in the transgressor ctd happening randomly. I had no issue before the Stalfos spawn were added and as such reverted all the changes for the Stalfos. I did also change the River Zola spawns but these changes were reverted as well - i did intend for them to attack the other Zora factions but changed my mind when Stalfos caused issues. I may return to that and try again.

9. I do now plan to activate the Stalfos using the descr_strat instead - it will most likely work well. So every faction will be a threat and no faction will be missing in the campaign or be inactive. What i need to do now is adding the Stalfos, then the Oocca, then remove custom battle heroes, then add the rest of the units to the old factions, the minor factions, the mercs and such, then add the campaign resources, replace vanilla forts in battle and possibly on the campaign map, create new portraits for some units, add all the new mercs and units to the recruitment and finally add all those civilians to every region. I still need to create some civilians for certain races. They are edited models of soldiers using less gear, no weapons and many hairstyles.

I think that is it - when all that is said and done i think i am done actually.

Edit:

I had no CTD for 63 plus turns with the original set-up plus majora added and i didn't have it by that time neither - i just quit.

Then i further had no ctd for 73 turns and choose to quit at turn 73 after adding all the spawns with the exception of the Stalfos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-12-20 19-26-24-325.jpg   IWTE_v17_12_A 2018-12-19 16-01-00-843.jpg   IWTE_v17_12_A 2018-12-19 16-27-34-441.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 19-17-28-001.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-20 01-46-41-898.jpg  

kingdoms 2018-12-20 17-51-04-944.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 16-47-09-323.jpg   kingdoms 2018-12-19 17-51-31-259.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 22, 2018 at 02:53 PM.

- The Havamal