Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Mr_Nygren's Submod).

Ok thats nice to hear ^^ thanks for taking the time to answer and check out the issue, i know you work on that submod, Warcraft mod (which is my favorite so far :p) and some others.

And i don't mind for some crashs if i can still continue my game after a re-start, medieval 2 and mod crash are a common things

Thanks again for your hard work, Im gonna download it straight away, Take care !

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)!

You're an absolute beast Mr_Nygren. I'm shocked how much activity there still is on such an old games modding scene.

I have two questions if you don't mind. Can you still conduct diplomacy with other factions? I used to love subjugating my favorite factions as the Darknuts. Including the good factions.

Second. Do the Makora and Ooccaa(sp?) factions show up right away or is it one of those timed events like the Subrosians and Twili used to be where they couldn't move from their spots until scripted.

Hope to play this whenever I'm near my desktop next.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Mr_Nygren's Submod).

Quote Originally Posted by Sokaro View Post
    Ok thats nice to hear ^^ thanks for taking the time to answer and check out the issue, i know you work on that submod, Warcraft mod (which is my favorite so far :p) and some others.

And i don't mind for some crashs if i can still continue my game after a re-start, medieval 2 and mod crash are a common things

Thanks again for your hard work, Im gonna download it straight away, Take care !
    Thanks man - i have been working on a few mods true. The Warcraft mod will get one update adding the Vrykul faction to the campaign with new units and such, voices are all ready to be implemented as well thanks to a guy - but i did unfortunately fail to implement them. I am hoping that WarcraftHero will manage where i failed - i will make the work i did public later.

I have done everything required to get the Warcraft3 Human voices into the mod for the Human factions. I did follow two guides to the letter - but no sound in the mod. So maybe someone else can manage with the files. I didn't do the others after i failed, as i turned to HTW because i had a similar issue with music there causing all the other sound to disappear - i wanted the Final Battle music in Majora Prime to play in the campaign, but not at the expense of all the other in-game sound. I actually started work on the voices for Warcraft Total War, but due to the failed attempt i instead decided to finish off this mod.

Yes, and in past versions the CTD would always happen at the same time again and again making continuation impossible. The 2017 4.6 version has solved that, and has a stable campaign-map - just not the battles.

No problem, thanks!
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    You're an absolute beast Mr_Nygren. I'm shocked how much activity there still is on such an old games modding scene.

I have two questions if you don't mind. Can you still conduct diplomacy with other factions? I used to love subjugating my favorite factions as the Darknuts. Including the good factions.

Second. Do the Makora and Ooccaa(sp?) factions show up right away or is it one of those timed events like the Subrosians and Twili used to be where they couldn't move from their spots until scripted.

Hope to play this whenever I'm near my desktop next.
    Thank you! Yes, Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms is still very much alive in the modding community. The reason is most likely that recent games doesn't allow "Total Conversions" so we players/moders have to mod the older ones if we want those types of mods.

This mod is pretty much dead though, i am hoping the sub-mod will change that even if development is finished.

Of course, everyone can send diplomats and change their diplomatic stance. But the Gohma and the River Zora doesn't have diplomats because Neph didn't want them to have originally. If you want that they can be activated in the EDB-file (Export_Descr_Buildings) as i've added models for them anyway. The same is true for Horon. The initial alliances are just there to stop the Kokiri from attacking Hyrule, or the Gorons - or Hyrule from attacking the Kokiri. But they will break sooner or later - just not immediately.

Every faction shows-up from the start.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

The mod has been updated on the same link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...assic-ultimate

And there is a moddb-article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...imate-released

"
    I've updated the upload just now and fixed the reported issues of the mod.

1. I forgot to move over the Argorok Unit/Unit_Info Cards to the zanti-folders resulting in a blank card - has been done.

2. Bonemold Monks for the Zanti-faction had the blue "Twili" color - has been fixed, and they now have a proper red texture.

3. Twili Sorceresses weren't recruitable for the Zanti-faction after they conquered Elmenzhia, i've fixed this issue and now Prince Zant can recruit Twili Sorceresses despite taking that settlement.

4. Swordsmen Recruits were only available in the first tier of barracks, which were intended - but i figured since the barracks are so speedily upgraded that it would be better to have the unit available in all the tiers - they are now recruitable post-tier one.

5. Triforce Vanguards are Guardians of the Triforce, they do spawn for the Hyrule Prime settlement if the Hylians are holding it, and for the Majora Prime/Dead Maku Tree-settlement if Majora is holding it - i've removed them from the recruitment, because the script prevents them from showing up unless the settlements are under siege, and it also will limit the unit to one at any time. I had made a mistake and enabled them in the recruitment, and that has now been corrected so people aren't confused.

6. I tried adding Link etc through the script by replacing a spawning general but i still got the issue with Link becoming the faction leader and causing adoptions to happen every turn. So i still cannot implement Link or other heroes as generals without causing this issue - the other heroes were already in the script so i could easily replace the models etc. Link and some others that aren't generals weren't in the script.

I don't know what Neph did to remove this adoption-issue - because it happens to me even when replacing a general like "Arthon"."

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 07, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

- The Havamal

I've tried the battle Immersion Mod by "Hit & Run" for the Steam-version of the game only. It's really impressive in battles, and will make the world seem huge - very good for RPG-play or when you want to play as the Hero and watch the battles as a guy taking part in the battle.

You'd need to close the Immersion mod each new battle in the campaign, and re-start it - otherwise the controls won't work the second battle you play. It only works one battle, so tabbing out each new battle will be required.

Immersion Mod:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/medieval-...-mod/downloads

- The Havamal

I am actually really mad right now..

I did spend the sunday evening and the monday night plus evening playing Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate as the Kingdom of Hyrule - using the Immersion Mod. I do still have over 319gb of recorded content. But.. I were about to upload a 2½ hour video (part 1) right now, but things ed up..

You see, i had went to bed monday morning because i had played constantly the whole evening and night, and i had forgotten to close the shadowplay recorder - this resulted in many hours of unneeded video being recorded. I could solve this issue after i awoke by simply spliting the video and removing all the unwanted content. The Shadowplay would create new videos each 3.80gb. As such most videos were deleted past a certain point and only one 3.80gb video had to be cut.

But - as i did this i did also move the location of the created video to the same folder as were the recorded videos were. Because i were just editing one of those videos so the edited video should have the same name and be in the same location as the un-edited video.

However, things really ed up tonight, because i waited about four hours on the first episode to finish creating, and the episode were the first 2½ hours of a let's play as the Kingdom of Hyrule - usually i would delete the much bigger video files after creating this video. So i had counted that eight videos needed immediate removal after the video were created. The problem is that i forgot i had moved the location to the same folder.. As such the new video named "Cleansing the Rouges - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule 01" ended up the first video because the letter C comes earlier than the letter M (for Medieval2) as all the other videos are named Medieval2 in the beginning of their names - this resulted in me deleting the NEW video plus seven out of the eight other videos.. So i cannot re-create the video because seven of the files are now deleted, and i do not have the video neither because i deleted it as well..

So i will need to re-play 2½ hours of the mod, and also will need to wait 4 hours again for it to be created.. The problem is also that the AI might move differently if i re-start the campaign and as such things will likely be inconsistent. I still remember my moves but the issue is if the AI will act differently. I really hate when i forget that i've moved the "saved in"-location and then manage to delete the wrong file.. I only realized the mistake when i searched for the video through Youtube's upload function..

- The Havamal

Ah man that was painful to read.

At this point I'd say don't even worry about the ai playing out differently. I remember how often I would see youtubers have to replay large amounts of their campaigns because of unforeseen issues and nobody really minded that.

Ah man that was painful to read.

At this point I'd say don't even worry about the ai playing out differently. I remember how often I would see youtubers have to replay large amounts of their campaigns because of unforeseen issues and nobody really minded that.
    Thanks, i've remade the video by replayng the lost part.

- The Havamal

Hey Mr. Nygren I've been having great fun smashing my foes and subjugating my favourite enemies and was wondering if you've thought about the Archaon's Loyal Allies script so the world isn't split completely in two. I recall those pesky Kokiri and Labrynians running rampant even if you were allies with them so I think something like this would certainly help.

After looking at your all works, it can be said clearly that this submod is like final version for this mod. Good job, bro.

Hey Mr. Nygren I've been having great fun smashing my foes and subjugating my favourite enemies and was wondering if you've thought about the Archaon's Loyal Allies script so the world isn't split completely in two. I recall those pesky Kokiri and Labrynians running rampant even if you were allies with them so I think something like this would certainly help.
    I'm glad to hear that, i myself have been playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule and i am having great fun doing it - but i needed to take a pause because the videos take up lots of space on the harddrive, and as such i am now creating videos and have been for almost a week. I believe i have one or two videos left to create before i can record and play even more. I am already at turn 64 or something, and am about to crush the Gohma - despite them still holding my capital Hyrule Prime, and the city of Audorn - but i've taken all their home areas with the exception of Hive Node Vitreous.

The reason i split the alliances in one good side, and one evil side - was to de-crease the chance of factions like the Kokiri betraying you as Hyrule for example. But it can unfortunately still happen - i didn't know about Archon's mod, and i would more often than not avoid adding new scripts - however, that seemed interesting and i will try it out after the Hyrule campaign is finished. I will finish it pretty fast as i play constantly now during summer. If that diplomacy-mod works without trouble then i will change the alliances back to more lore-friendly ones. I would still keep them for certain factions to prevent wars, but factions like the Gohma would be on their own - and Labrynna would probably not be allied to the Lizalfos and the River Zora etc.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    After looking at your all works, it can be said clearly that this submod is like final version for this mod. Good job, bro.
    Thank you , the aim was to make it as "final/completed" as i possibly could - but as it is using the older models for the rosters it isn't the official version. I've heard that remnants of the team is working on updating HTW 4.6 (last updated during the summer of 2017) and of course that version of the mod has a much bigger and more amazing map, has the high poly models (well, this sub-mod has some of those models as mercs/npc/extras) for all the factional rosters etc. I do wish them luck on that version, and i do not understand their hostility towards me or the sub-mod as it isn't a rival mod.

I wanted to make the old version that i enjoyed playing in 2013 more completed - before playing it again. Now that i have the skills to vastly improve it using the assets available. Also, in 2012-14 i could never get past turn 40-something due to the transgressor crash - something i can now! As such, this is the first time i am actually able to enjoy a full campaign that won't end in a crash to desktop at a certain point during the campaign, as in the past.

I am glad you like it, and that you think it looks "final". It is - but i will still fix bugs that i find during gameplay - and possibly add that diplomacy-mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 04, 2019 at 01:23 PM.

- The Havamal

It is not problem for users like me whoever is doing good work certainly.

I must be honest that I had no hope for this mod till I saw your works.

That is why everyone must support all these good improvements for the way better updates.
    Last edited by serkan86; July 05, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Hey Mr_Nygren are you planning to make updates to this mod? I've been messing with some stuff using your mod as a base and was thinking you might be interested in some of it. Apart from adding Archaon's loyalty script I've tried to fix the mining building conditions, added some merc pools, put different Twili faction emblems based on the Hyrule Conquest ones, some basic geomod editing and delayed the emergence of Huskus(turn 15), Subrosians (turn 30), Ooccaa (turn 60), and Majora (turn 60) factions.

Thinking of trying to add a resurrection script for hero characters as long as the faction capital is still under a factions control, adding a garrison script for key locations, maybe a religion change script for factions almost killed by Majora to give their Jihad some weight.

Edit: I just realised I never tried version 4.6... here we go again.
    Last edited by Encablossa; July 05, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

Hello, I have to say Mr_Nygren you have done excellent work in reviving this mod. I was absolutely devastated to find out Neph was moving on to other projects and thought that the mod, as it stood, was it. I want to thank you for your continued work on the mod and I'd like to say you've inspired me to make my own edits to the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    It is not problem for users like me whoever is doing good work certainly.

I must be honest that I had no hope for this mod till I saw your works.

That is why everyone must support all these good improvements for the way better updates.
    Yeah i know that, but i may have placed the bar pretty high with the sub-mod - maybe that's the issue here.. I had Neph's permission so he is fine with it, and if the others want me to help them i have offered to implement custom settlements exactly like in the sub-mod for the 4.6 update.

Thanks, yes i didn't even know anyone were working on updating 4.6 - I am not very active on the Hyrule Conquest forum and have only ever been active when i've posted about my work. So yeah, i thought i were the only one with plans to continue the mod. But i might have chosen the wrong version in the eyes of some people .

- The Havamal

Hey Mr_Nygren are you planning to make updates to this mod? I've been messing with some stuff using your mod as a base and was thinking you might be interested in some of it. Apart from adding Archaon's loyalty script I've tried to fix the mining building conditions, added some merc pools, put different Twili faction emblems based on the Hyrule Conquest ones, some basic geomod editing and delayed the emergence of Huskus(turn 15), Subrosians (turn 30), Ooccaa (turn 60), and Majora (turn 60) factions.

Thinking of trying to add a resurrection script for hero characters as long as the faction capital is still under a factions control, adding a garrison script for key locations, maybe a religion change script for factions almost killed by Majora to give their Jihad some weight.

Edit: I just realised I never tried version 4.6... here we go again.
    I am not planing on updating the mod - as my plan was to release one final update of the mod. However, i will always update the mod with bug-fixes, or add the new Oocca strat-model if i can do so. Your suggested diplomacy-script is also something i will look into as i like that idea of loyal allies that won't betray you, and that will actually help you - because the issue now is that you never get help unless their armies are close to yours by chance, while the enemy factions gang up on the player. So yes - that alliance mod would be great!

You are free to start new threads where you can upload any sub-mod materials that you've modified yourself. I am not against sub-mods, and Neph's original permissions still stands for the sub-mod - my only demand if you are going to use my portraits, edited models, or base anything on the sub-mod with my coding - is that you credit me for my work as well.

I might be interested in including some of your work, if it doesn't mess up the stability of the campaign. As long as the mod is as stable i think some of those changes could be good actually. Mining building conditions? Mercenary pools are always welcome i think. Different Twili symbols, well - could be alternate options on this site and uploaded as add-ons - Third Age has lots of such smaller sub-mods. About the delayed spawns of the Subrosians, Huskus, Oocca and Majora that is probably more true to Neph's original ideas. But i don't like it if i can't play as Majora until turn 60. Or if the factions that spawn and are too weak to have any impact in the campaign. In the past we had the River Zora and the Kingdom of Ikana spawning late during the campaign, and both had zero chance to stand their ground against the vastly expanded other factions. The reason everyone is available from the start is to make everyone have a decent chance during the campaign.

Agreed, a resurrection script for the heroes would be great - i were thinking about that myself actually. I just suck at scripting and decided to not attempt that in the end. If you can manage a ressurection script without the mod becoming unstable i am interested in such a script. I do know the Nazguls in Third Age have such a script. It would make sense for the heroes especially when using the Immersion Mod.

A Religion-change script sounds dangerous for stability.

About 4.6 i've never played it neither. I used to download all Neph's updates and test a few battles but i've never given the new versions since 3.8 a proper play. I did test the stability on the map and it didn't crash for 172 turns, so the map is stable - but i've heard battles are not. Also, there are things that can be improved there and i guess i would want certain things in a similar state as the sub-mod before playing it.

In my opinion it has the better map, but if the new map were to be added to the old version then all the scripts would spawn units at the wrong locations - the coordinates would get messed up. If on the other hand we'd move the high-poly rosters to the old version i'd think the mod would be like the sub-mod but it would use the new models.

Now, it's up to Tedster and whoever else to decide what to do - but if they base their next version on the sub-mod they would get all the scripts and everything else. Otherwise they'd get the better map, but would miss out on all the other stuff of the sub-mod - it's their decision.

I would have moved over the new unit models to the sub-mod if i were them.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 06, 2019 at 04:21 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by mattposidon View Post
    Hello, I have to say Mr_Nygren you have done excellent work in reviving this mod. I was absolutely devastated to find out Neph was moving on to other projects and thought that the mod, as it stood, was it. I want to thank you for your continued work on the mod and I'd like to say you've inspired me to make my own edits to the mod.
    Thank you, it's appreciated! Yeah, i surely thought it wouldn't be continued by anyone. It also were ranking at place 2000 at moddb.com before i started posting updates. That is great to hear, no problem - i think that Neph's mod - be it the older or the recent version - were of too great quality to just be abandoned and forgotten.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 06, 2019 at 04:26 PM.

- The Havamal

I've updated the first post with the updated progress of the mod (Completed), the links to the release and the article, and some info about the release. I did figure i should put it in the first post as is common practice here.

Also, i've been uploading new episodes of the Kingdom of Hyrule let's play every day:

River Zora and Keaton Cartell - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #02

The Martyr of Naldoriko - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #03

Justice for the Princess - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #04

Gohma outside of Audorn - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #05

The Gerudo Strikes! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #06

Hyrule's counterattack - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #07

Into the Gerudo Desert! - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #08

Link assaults Hasanadorf - Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Kingdom of Hyrule #09

- The Havamal