Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate - Updated 2023/12/07

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Love the pictures! It looks much better with the giant spiders and creatures than it did when I was testing it in geomod...
    Yeah, i'd imagine the vanilla English knights looking out of place.

The settlement was actually intended for the spider-like Gohma to attack the Oocca inside of it. The cinematics show the Oocca fighting the Gohma inside of the city. I kind of tried to play that battle.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/09/20!

Hello, Mr_Nygren,

I must be honest all the changes and improvements are masterpieces certainly. This mod became a never thing thanks to you, bro. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by serkan86 View Post
    Hello, Mr_Nygren,

I must be honest all the changes and improvements are masterpieces certainly. This mod became a never thing thanks to you, bro. Well done!
    Thanks a lot man! I really enjoyed playing it back in 2012-2014- and wanted to play a better version of it now. So the goal has been to make it as "completed" as possible before playing it. Of course i weren't satisfied with the older releases and had to update the mod again after playing it to fix things in the mod- and certain things such as the Sky City had been left gathering dust because i lack the skill to work with it and such.

Fortunately Makayane helped me out. It were already created, but making it playable still was a lot of work to do for Makayane.

Without her it would certainly never have been made functional.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 10, 2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Some recent updates since sunday:

Makayane's Sky City strat-model has been finished!

"Makayane did create this strat-model for the Sky City- i am now about to implement it to my version of HTW:CU.

The mod still isn't ready as i will myself need to add some final heroes, create a few unit cards and after that nerf the Oocca a bit."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Old Demise" Moblin Capital fixed by Makayane - the gate now works as intended.

"Makayane over at TWC helped me fix the issue with the gate not working when besieging or defending the "Old Demise" custom settlement from Hyrule Total War, and created by the Undying Nephalim.

The gate had the problem where it would switch side to the attacker as soon as the attacker stationed troops outside of it. There where also some patfinding issues, due to some buildings on the path to the city. Makayane has fixed these issues for HTW where the city is used as the capital of the Moblins"

Shadow Temple Stalfos Capital is added as a fort to the mod!

"I've added the Stalfos Shadow Temple capital as a fort to the mod. And it will feel like it's underground if you have the camera a bit above the ground, just like Neph had made it- if you are inside the Temple it's fine to zoom in on the ground. But outside it's not advisable.

Still, i've also fixed the ground outside of the settlement so it's no longer black."

Ground textures no longer black outside of the Shadow Temple!

"I've replaced the black textures with vanilla ones outside of the Shadow Temple, but they will only be seen when zoomed-in on the ground outside.

There won't be a black square on the ground anymore."

Edit:

I've done some additional work during the day:

1. Horon now starts with Holly as well. It's no longer held by Horon Rebels as it would be taken by the Subrosians anyway. I did feel that Horon could use two cities at the start of the game, seeing as how the Tokay and the Zuna got an additional region previously. And the Subrosian have three regions even though one doesn't count if the AI is playing as them. The three units that were a rebel garrison has become soldiers/mystics of Horon.

2. I've re-implemented Civilians through the Civilian script for the player only when playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule or as the Horonians. The Kingdom of Hyrule will get one unit of Civilians whenever their settlements are under siege and the player is playing as them. The Horonians will get everything from one to five civilian units when their settlements are under siege. The script is only for the player and will not activate when the AI is attacking the AI- or when the player is attacking the AI.

It's a unique feature if you play as Hyrule or Horon only. Implementing it for the player when attacking would have been cool- but there are too many potential issues with that. Enjoy playing as the Kingdom of Hyrule though, or as the Horonians- a faction originally intended to have a unit of civilians. The script will work without any CTD-issues and i've playtested it to make sure of that. Yes, adding it to Horon when attacking their cities would be interesting- it may be done but maybe not -we'll see.

3. The Deku Monkeys are now regionals from the region/settlement of Turongo- held by Deku Monkey rebels. If you conquer the settlement you will be able to recruit them in your army unless you play as the Gohma, the Stalfos or Majora.

PS: Any dirty textures on the models of the pictures below are to be fixed in the release, as i had tested to remove three "dirt"-textures from the Overlaytextures folder to find out if the models would look better or not- they ended up worse. I've restored these files now so they won't be dirty like on the pics.

I've also reduced the number of spawned Civilians from certain cities from 10 full units with 251 in each, to 5 full units with 251 in each- this means 100 in the EDU.

I'm currently deciding on if i should keep these changes, or if i should lower the number from 100 to 50 in the EDU instead. Actually that's what i have done, but i did the first stuff prior- then decided not to save the changes and edited the EDU instead -i'm thinking ten spawns are better than five due to the player being able to place them on more locations in the city by doing so. And reducing the number of actual civilians in each unit to prevent them from spreading too far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.19.02.74.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.36.28.47.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.43.53.88.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 13.45.06.50.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.09.49.74.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.09.54.08.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.19.00.73.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.19.08.06.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.22.17.62.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.12.12 - 17.23.45.18.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 12, 2019 at 12:06 PM.

- The Havamal

New release as of 2019-12-18!

Article:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...rsion-released

Download:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-final-version

Additional changes not previewed earlier in the thread:

Moblin Children implemented as civilians for the Moblins!

The Moblins will need to protect their kids, or the Hylians might kill them all- a feature only for the player if playing as the Moblins.

Tetra Zelda V is no longer a custom battle hero, and the same is true for Linbeck by the way.

Lanayru Civilians implemented and working perfectly!

I've implemented the civilians for the Lanayru Province from the 4.6 files, and they work just like with the Moblin Kids, and the Hylian Civilians- defensive battles for the player only when playing as the Lanayru Province.

I've also made them work better in the mod, as they do now stand their ground and won't route tot he same spot as everyone else- i'm going to change the stats for the Hylian/Moblin civs as well as i prefer them standing and dying where they are instead of running to the same location because they broke and dying in one single location. They will have some stats and won't die immediately. Their morale will be increased from 0 to 9.

Also, i've removed the Princess Zelda 1 for the Sheikah in the custom battles to make room for this unit in the campaign.

I've made new unit/unit_info cards for all the civs.

I've changed the victory conditions for all the minor factions in the mod- such as the Tokay, the Horonians, the Zuna, the Subrosian and the Huskus.

Expect the minor factions to have way easier victory conditions. It isn't a bug if one of them is almost about to "conquer" the known world at the start of the campaign lol.

The Oocca has been nerfed- they don't start with much of an army, and their stats are now bad enough for them to be beatable. They are still strong and will become too strong if you let them. They need 100 in their religion before they can recruit any troops- so they are the weakest in the early game.

The Majora faction has been nerfed in the sense they also need certain religious requisites to recruit units, but unlike the Oocca the levels required are varied- as they do not have great priestesses. The numbers of their units have been changed to be like the Oocca- so expect stronger Majora demons.

Queen Laruto with her Aquamarine bodyguard has been implemented from the Great Sea: Total War demo made by the Undying Nephalim.

[SPOILER]

She has an Aquamarine bodyguard with the more recent Great Sea version.

New Scripts in addition to many improved or enhanced scripts:

;########################## Civilians#############################
    ;########################## Forced Alliances##############################
    ;########################## King Dodongo ##############################
    ;########################## Majora ##############################
    ;########################## Ghirahim ##############################
    ;########################## Dethl & Deadhand ##############################
    ;########################## Stallord ##############################
    ;########################## Trinexx, Lord of Turtle Rock ##############################
    ;########################## Sulkaris Restored ##############################
    ;########################## Vyorsoth, Mother of Tyrants ##############################
    ;########################## Mahgxai ##############################

;########################## Mercenary Tsume ############################## ;########################## Koume and Kotake ##############################

Credits:

Main Mod - Undying Nephalim.

Submod - Mr_Nygren

Sky City creation - Undying Nephalim.

Making the Sky City custom settlement playable - Makayane.

Sky City Strat-model creation - Makayane.

Oocca strat-model - Model Creator Undying Nephalim, rigging it from battle model to strat model - Bantu Chieftain, Re-rigging the model, reducing the size of the model and it's textures- Makayane and lastly fixing the hands/arms - Gigantus.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 20, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

- The Havamal

olipro's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Mr_Nygren, what you have done is one of the best things that happened to the Total War modding world.
    I lost all hope to see this amazing mod to be patched and debugged since it has been abandonned, and I have discovered this version a few months ago. I play it every night now.
    A million of "thank you".
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

Default Re: Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate (Final Version RELEASED)! - Updated 2019/12/18!

Quote Originally Posted by olipro View Post
    Mr_Nygren, what you have done is one of the best things that happened to the Total War modding world.
    I lost all hope to see this amazing mod to be patched and debugged since it has been abandonned, and I have discovered this version a few months ago. I play it every night now.
    A million of "thank you".
    Thanks man, it's appreciated- some people are ungrateful so i really appreciate people like you!

The mod is awesome, and was already awesome before my submod despite being more buggy and unfinished- i couldn't be satisfied with how it were and needed to utilize the resources in order to make a better and more playable version of the mod. I wanted to play the best version possible of the old HTW mod.

One thing i find fascinating in this mod in particular is how the AI will always attack with huge armies and no matter how many you defeat they always seem to throw in more- making this a very hard mod -with lots of Total War. Glad you enjoy!

- The Havamal

The mental image of the Turks, English or Aztecs fighting, say, the Gohma or Occoa is an amusing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post

The mental image of the Turks, English or Aztecs fighting, say, the Gohma or Occoa is an amusing one.
    It looked kinda funny. So the English Knights reached Heaven.

- The Havamal

Hello everyone!

I've recently uploaded a two hour video about the december 18 2019 update and it's many changes to the mod. The video had never been made back then as i were simply too tired to create it.

And i've also made a short four minute video about installing the mod for the Steam version of the game, including also some additional info regarding the Battle Immersion Mod by Hit&Run which follows with the mod.

- The Havamal

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Nice work!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Nice work!
    Thanks man, i think this mod is actually polished in every area now.

Only possible issue would be bugs might show up when playing, so i will update with a fix if i find any such bugs- I haven't really played since the release. Will most likely play a new campaign soon, as the old one with the Kingdom of Hyrule doesn't work anymore due to the update. So it will need to be restarted unfortunately.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 09, 2020 at 05:46 AM.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

Seems to be very stable indeed. I haven't had that much time to play, but I'm in the early stages of a Labrynna campaign and it's going very smoothly.
    How do you stop all the monsters etc from crashing, like ents often do in TATW? Is there some hidden technique or just luck?
    and Peaman

Seems to be very stable indeed. I haven't had that much time to play, but I'm in the early stages of a Labrynna campaign and it's going very smoothly.
    How do you stop all the monsters etc from crashing, like ents often do in TATW? Is there some hidden technique or just luck?
    There are two known issues that i know of. One is that if you as the player click on too many units in a row to look at their unit_info cards then the game might crash to desktop randomly when you do. I don't know the cause of this one and cannot solve it unfortunately. The other issue (that had been removed in the two earlier releases of the submod) is that if you win against superior forces, the game might CTD- this crash might have to do with the civilian script. Because it's what i've re-implemented in the update, and before doing this i didn't have the issue- as i had removed the cvilian script and by doing so the issue disappeared.

But the thing is that i've changed the way the script is functioning, and playtested it and it seemed to work well- unlike in the summer when it was coded differently. But in case the mod always does CTD when winning against an enemy army with the balance of power on it's side- then the solution is to delete the entire entry of the civilian script in the descr_scripts-file using notepad++. I don't really want to do that, but if i find it's the real cause after playing the mod then i will be forced to remove the civilians, or upload another version without them as well.

I did hear from some players that they do crash from time to time when winning against superior forces- an issue that were removed in the summer/september releases. The civilian script might have brought that issue back, and i've gotten three civilian units inside of the mod- they'd need to be replaced by three other units if the civilian script is really the cause of the CTD.

Also, i know that sometimes the game CTD before battles but then it always work on the second try, hence why it's always good to save before any battle in real-time, and sometimes it could even crash after battles. I do always save before every battle in order to be able to replay it at least once, without having to re-do other campaign stuff- but if a real-time battle CTD two times in a row then i'd try to attack from a different position if i'm the attacker and if that doesn't work i'll just autoresolve it.

I do know that if you attack from a certain position when besieging Audorn then the mod will ctd after the battle if you have many armies- because during my Hyrule campaign one of the armies didn't take part in the battle despite it's position being such that it should have taken a part in it- and the battle did CTD after i had lost. By attacking from other positions it didn't crash however. And i've had a CTD when conquering the Goron area closest to the border of the Zora Dominion as well- the battle could be played but it did crash everytime after winning it and trying to return to the map- i were playing as the Zora.

And one of the Lizalfos generals also caused a crash everytime after winning the battle on the field. I believe it's connected to traits or something. All these CTD were on the old version, with the exception of the one when you win against superior numbers. As an example i played many battles and won against stronger armies in the recent version as the Lanayru Province- but when King Dodongo were defeated (he counts as an army by himself) the game did CTD all the time when trying to return to the map. I'm not sure why this is, and if it could be due to the civilian script. Hence why i will try the game with and without it using the same faction, to see if the CTD persist or not.

About the giant units, i believe that the polygons are lower for giants in HTW as compared to the giants in Warcraft Total War- and it's the high polygons that are causing them to crash i think. The giants of the recent HTW might be less stable due to being of higher model quality. Old HTW had less model quality which is good for the stability of Medieval 2. Also, even in Warcraft Total War the giants work well in the custom battles where they are single units- but will crash constantly if they are three in the campaign on huge settings, or even two on large size settings- i am going to force them to be one in Warcraft as well- then it will hopefully not CTD.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 09, 2020 at 06:47 AM.

- The Havamal

My internet connection is fixed on the computer! The cable was broken.. I've not been able to use the internet on my PC since thursday morning.

About Hyrule Total War: Classic Ultimate- I did think i were finished, but there were issues when playing the last release from december 18 2019- I've played as the Kingdom of Hyrule with the following results:

I started a playthrough using the Freeform Campaign - Locked Alliances.

I defeated all the Hylian rebels and re-conquered Malkariko, Naldariko, Snowpeak and Audorn from the Rouge Hylian Soldiers as the Kingdom of Hyrule. This took more than four hours to do due to the increased strength of the Hylian rebels (the strength is increased for all the rebels on the map). I then decided to attack the Gohma, as the Stalfos were far too numerous in Sorkariko for me to dare venturing there.

I did have zero CTD up to this point. But when i defeated the Matriarch giant Spider Hero unit and her army of Gohma protecting the Gohma settlement next to Audorn- then the game would CTD when trying to return to the map after tha battle had been won.

In the old release, i could always play a battle again and win it without a CTD - unless it were the Goron area next to Domain Prime, or a battle against the Lizalfos general Bakalushut- they'd always crash after the battle so i'd have to autoresolve.

In any way, the Gohma didn't CTD in the old version but when i tried to win the battle again they did indeed CTD. I then exited the mod, and deleted the civilian script in the descr_scripts-file in all the four campaigns. It had been deleted in the older releases. And after this i re-staretd the Hyrule campaign and used the console to deal with the rebels to speed things up.

Then i actually managed to win a big battle against the Stalfos in Sorkariko without a CTD, and against the Matrairch in the same settlement as before without a CTD- but this time she didn't have as much of an advantage. The issue had also been that if you clicked "exterminate settlement" after winning against superior statistics/numbers- then the mod would CTD (crash to desktop) and this didn't happen now.

With the removal of the civilian script the mod can handle the player exterminating the enemy after winning with the odds stacked against the player. And i believe that CTD i had with the Matriarch, which is probably the same others have had when winning against the odds in other areas- have been removed now. It's a shame about the civilian feature being removed but the game works much better without it.

Another issue, was that in the "Forced Alliances"-campaigns the Kingdom of Hyrule and the Gerudo could never fight wars against each other, despite not being in the script, and despite them being arch-nemesis. The issue i found out was that both were allied to the Oocca in the script- and when either declared war the Oocca would pick one over the other- the alliance would be enforced the next turn between the warring factions and the Oocca (which was intended) but this had the additional effect that a truce would be declared each new turn between the Gerudo and Hyrule..

I have solved the problem by removing the forced alliance between the Oocca and other factions. Because the same issue affected any faction forced into an alliance with the Oocca.

In the past, a guy reported an issue with the Zant Surrender-script not working when playing and winning the civil war against Prince Zant as Queen Midna- i've looked into this and fixed the issue. The Twili script worked if you won as Zant, if you lost as Midna or if the factions were played by the AI- but if you played as Midna nothing would happen when Zant got destroyed. This was due to a faulty line in the script. I've changed twili to "zanti" in a certain place in the script and it now works as intended.

The result of Prince Zant surrendering when you play as Queen Midna is that you'll get all the Twilight units, and in the released version you wouldn't get the Zant-specific units due to the script not working- if Zant isn't spared you still get the ability to build the portal, but you won't get his armies- i believe when the script weren't working you wouldn't get the ability to build the portal - causing a Midna Campaign to be limited to the Twilight Realm. It's been fixed today.

I've also added the Anti Adoption script to the Oocca faction so they won't get adopted family members anymore. I did try to do the same for the Church of Majora but it never worked.

I've added the Zuna. Tokay, Subrosian, Huskus Remnants, Horon, the Oocca and the church of Majora to the Twili Tele-script. All these factions couldn't enter the Twilight realm without using the console in the released versions. Now they will all be able to enter the TWILI realm when holding either the Arbiter Grounds or the Palace of Twilight.

I've removed the Lanayru Civilians and the Moblin Kids from the mod. The Hylian Civilians will still be available as a regular unit in the Horon recruitment, so if you play as Horon you can still recruit Horon Civilians and garrison your cities with them. Horon were always intended to have a unit of civilians in Neph's old plans. Of course the AI will use them as troops but Horon won't survive in most campaigns anyway- it's kept for the player when playing as Horon.

Majora generals bodyguard now has the proper Majora Eye-unit_info card.

I'm going to add the King Zant bodyguard "Shadow Assassins" as a new unit to the Zanti-faction. The Deku Scrubs/Tribes will get the "Voice of Odolwa" unique bodyguard as a new unit- i did similar things to unique Gerudo and Hyrule bodyguards previously- and we do need a replacement for the Moblin Kids and the Lanayru Civs.

I've finally removed the Majora Zelda-hero from the custom battles- and i will add a new unit to replace her. Not sure which one to add.

The Majora Giant Hero unit lacked it's unit_info picture in the files of the mod, but i did find it on the internet- i will add the missing card to the unit.

And finally the units Gibdos, Kovalians etc in use by the Oocca are lacking descriptions- something i will fix in a moment.

Besides these additions i may or may not increase the Wild Life starting spawns at the start of the campaign. Expect a final update with all of this- as for the civilian script i kind of enjoyed it using the Horonians or the Lanayru. I may actually update the version with the civilians with simply said fixes, and then upload the version without the civilians and with all the new units- as a new upload.

So there will be two Hyrule: Classic Ultimate versions. Both will be fixed, but the civilian version will be less stable than the other- but it took a long time to add those scripts and i liked the feature- so expect an update of the released version, and a new upload with that script removed and three new units instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War Screenshot 2020.03.13 - 10.53.10.05.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.13 - 21.04.41.57.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.13 - 20.57.31.08.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.14 - 13.30.49.46.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 14, 2020 at 10:28 AM.

- The Havamal

There were a lot of issues to fix for the Twili factions. Spent the day yesterday working on the Zanti/Twili stuff.

1. They didn't have spies nor merchants which has been added now.

2. The diplomat and all the Midna-specific units required the Zant-faction to have "Twili United 1" before they would become available to recruit. But the script lacked that event counter for Zant so he never got to recruit the Sol Cannons, Sol Nurses, Repentants nor the diplomats.. I played as Zant today and played for 118 turns without cheats. He never got any of the Midna-unique units, no diplomat, no TP Armos etc. I had to change a lot of stuff in the descr_script-file and in the EDB for this faction.. Midna was totally unplayable, and had to be fixed as well- because she couldn't get the "Zant Surreder"-event to happen- and without it she got stuck in the Twilight Realm.

As for the AI spawns when the player is playing as other factions, King Zant would spawn with six armies but then he wouldn't be able to recruit diplomats nor any of the Midna-units- i had to change "Twili_United 1" to "Zant_did_surrender 1"- this makes it so that when ai Midna wins against ai Zant, then the player will be able to surrender Zant's armies- if you do then the ai Zant will invade a couple of turns later in the campaign- and this time it will be able to recruit Midna's units and the diplomats.

I had to add multiple changes to the event counters to make things work as it was intended in the original script.

I think that now finally the Twilight Scripts work as they should, regardless of if you play Prince Zant, Queen Midna or let the AI play as the Twili factions.

I just need to playtest some more and then i will be certain of this. Then after that little remains to be done. The update is mostly me fixing issues in the release. But the main focus has been the Twili factions.

The Shadow Assassins have been added as a new unit for the Twili factions as well.

"The Twili scripts were almost restored in the dec 18 2019 release- if you won as Prince Zant you could either let her surrender or decline- if she surrendered she would return 50 turns after that and invade with an army of Repentants, if you lost as Queen Midna you could accept the surrender and become the Imp-Midna, and if you played as other factions you would get the option to spare Zant's forces when he lost the civil war- which would result in a huge invasion of Lynna City later.

But if you won as Queen Midna against Prince Zant, then the script didn't work for some reason- this caused Midna to not be able to build the portal into Hyrule, as well as caused her never to get access to the Zanti-unique Twili units.

Of course this meant that as Queen Midna you can't leave the Twilight Realm unless you use the "move_unit" cheat in the console. I've fixed this issue now and corrected a faulty line in all four campaigns, in the descr_script-file.

The option to surrender Prince Zant's armies will show-up when you win as Queen Midna now. If Zant is surrendered you'd be able to recruit all his unique units plus build the portal into Hyrule. If he isn't surrendering you'd still be able to build the portal- but won't get his unique insect units."

"I've added the final unit descriptions to the four Oocca units seen in this picture, they were missing and i had totally forgotten about them."

"I've simply added the missing unit_info picture to the Majora Generals- it were in the files of the mod."

"I did find the picture of the Master Entity on Google, but it wouldn't work to simply re-size it and add it to the mod- because the background were not transparant and had white/grey squares.

I had to erase the background manually which took me some time to do. I were very detailed. The Master Entity or the Majora Hero unit now has a proper unit_info picture."

"I've added the ability for the player when playing as the Oocca faction, to order Cleansings at will..

It makes sense for the Oocca to be able to call cleansings at will, as they are the faction that are doing that stuff as the AI."

"I've added the bodyguard of King Zant as it's own unique unit to both Midna and Zant in the custom battles.

The unit has also been added to the invasion script for King Zant, and will be in a few of the armies that will invade Lynna City in the campaign.

The recruitment have been improved for the Zanti faction as well, and you will be able to get the Shadow Assassins after Onox has been defeated, just like with the Shadow Messengers.

As Queen Midna you'd need to defeat Prince Zant, spare his armies and then you'll be able to get this unit when the Twili Realm is united under Queen Midna.

Just take UZU as Prince Zant for Onox and Argorok to spawn as generals, and that is enough for Dark Onox to be counted as defeated. You'll be able to recruit the Shadow units after."

"When you conquer UZU as Prince Zant, you'd get Dark Onox and Argorok the Dragon as two new generals for your army- together with some units. This were part of the dec 18 update.

Today i've added the new unit "Shadow Assassins"- King Zant's bodyguard unique unit -to the recruitment if UZU has been taken.

Also, in the past i had trouble with getting the Elmenzhia script to work. I solved the issue by removing the unit Twili Sorceresses from the script, resulting in the unit being available from the start for Prince Zant despite this not being intended.

Now, i've fixed the issue of the script and you now need Una to be defeated before you can get the Twili Sorceresses. Just conquer Elmenzhia and i believe that should be enough.

Una doesn't need to be dead."

Horon Civilians are now recruitable by Horon, and they have free unit upkeep in cities.

Remaining to be done?

1. Implement Undead Onox to the script as a general for the Stalfos in all the four campaigns. - Done

2. Implement the bodyguard of the "Voice of Odolwa" Deku Tribes/Scrubs hero unit as a new unit to the Deku Scrubs. - Done

3. Make Midna's army more varied in the "Midna's Return"-script in order for her to be harder to defeat, as she only had Repentants which is an infantry unit. - Done

4. Implement a final unit to the mod, but not sure which one yet.

Edit:

I've also made the "Train General"-function work for the Zanti-faction- as the entries were missing in the EDB. And the portraits have been added as well. So you can now train generals as King Zant from the Palace of Twilight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.23 - 07.21.22.83.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.23 - 07.25.33.97.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 15.30.03.55.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 16.46.49.29.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 19.30.25.76.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2020.03.15 - 19.30.32.82.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 23, 2020 at 06:19 AM.

- The Havamal

Hello, i've been working on the mod constantly for the past two days all my awaken time.

Updates:

"I've implemented the 4.6 Dodongos to the Labrynna Regime as "Aquadongos". They are a new heavy cavalry unit for the Regime- they will only be recruitable from the Labrynna homeland areas." - March 24 2020.

"Then I did also nerf the Steamtank because it had become totally over powered since long ago. I've removed half the armor value - and I'm not sure if it's enough. I will have to playtest.

Also, I did change the name of the Lizalfos "Rope"-creature to "Ropes" as they are many in Total War.

Horon Civilians have been added to the "NPC join players faction"-feature. Ally with the Tokay, Zuna, Horon, Huskus Remnants or the Subrosian and then after ten turns in an alliance you'd get an offer for them to join your faction. An old feature that i've improved by adding new units to it.

Imp-Midna has a more varied spawning army now as the AI. It will be more challenging than simply facing Repentants.

Undead Onox is implemented to all the campaigns- you do need to hold Kakariko, Arbiter Grounds, Domain Prime and Prince Zant, King Zant, Onox2 and Dark_Onox needs to be dead.

Edit: MirrorGate changed from a mount-unit to an infantry unit - giving me a new mount-slot for the Aquadongos."

"I've been inspired by Undying Nephalim's update to the Tokay. The new Dodongo's from 4.6 were previously added to the Labrynna Regime without a rider- now the final unit has been added and it is a Aquadongo Jockeys-unit.

Which is a mounted Tokay Elite Hunter riding a Aquadongo and throwing spears at enemies, as well as fighting in melee with spear-bonus against melee cavalry.

The Aquadongo Jockeys will be available for any faction that the Tokay joins. In order for the Tokay to join your faction you'll need to ally them, and then wait for ten turns- the alliance must remain intact during these ten turns.

It won't be available as a mercenary unit, but the Tokay will have it as a unique unit- it might become a regional unit from Crescent Island though for any faction holding the Tokay homeland."

"The minor factions will now be able to go to the Twilight realm, as will the Church of Majora and the Oocca.

Of course the AI will get stuck at the other side of the portal- but the player will be able to use the feature."

"King Zant's Invasion script now works- Zant and Middee have traits etc!

For some reason, King Zant and Lady Middee didn't have their traits and ancillaries. This has been fixed after some playtesting and editing.

Also, King Zant used his old hero-entry, and hence was a mere officer- i've replaced his unit with the Shadow Assassins now- so he is his own general and can be controlled in the Battle Immersion Mod if using the Steam version of Medieval 2. He also lacked the entry for his unique model, and it has been added.

Lady Middee now has a proper Bonemold Monk bodyguard.

Validna has gotten a proper Twili General bodyguard, she should now be the unit leading the army. A cavalry unit did steal that place from her.

Zant will also be able to recruit merchants, priests, spies and diplomats- together with the Midna-unique troops as the AI."

"Sheikah unused units/heroes added to the recruitment/spawns!

I were almost done with my update- adding the rest of the heroes, the unused Sheikah units (spies, assassins, truthbearers and monks weren't recruitable if you played the battle-stance) including Interlopers. Bongo, and Bongo-Bongo has been implemented to the script the same way i did it on dec 18.

Beware that none of the scripts added by me had any historical events attached to them, no pictures, no texts, but all the armies and heroes did spawn. I did also increase the script to include every missing hero and giant unit. With the exception of General Rutela i guess.

Now, i were about to add Ikanians but couldn't figure out how to add the "Curse lifted"-feature without being able to add new events. I gambled and deleted the two 2012 txt-files in the mod- the "Historical_Events" and the "Regions and settlement names"-files. Both the SRT-files were dated 2014 in december, whiile the txt-files were dated 2012. I guess if anyone has a Med2 running the txt-files it will crash.

In any case, i tried deleting the 2014-files and the game would crash when trying to start the campaign. I then deleted the 2012 .txt-files and moved the 2014 srt-files to a new folder. Then i did convert them with a tool creating two new .txt-files based on the dec 2014 srt-files. I thought the mod would crash at the River Zora spawn but it didn't. I managed to play through an entire campaign watching the AI play.

So I'd think i now will be able to first of all replace the names of Seshei and Dead Maku Tree into Sky City and Majora Prime- and then after that i could actually add new historical events and event counters. I'm going to first be doing the Ikanians, then overhaul my own new scripts . I've implemented spawns for the AI as well.

I'm thinking if everything works well then i will create some event-pictures myself and write some texts for the rest of the heroes that weren't done in the submod-I have already implemented every hero to the mod but now i just need to re-work everything" - March 25 2020.

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 25, 2020 at 06:53 PM.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

That's a lot of stuff done with a lot of sudden spare time, nice work!
    and Peaman

That's a lot of stuff done with a lot of sudden spare time, nice work!
    Thank you! I've had a lot of spare-time and was actually going to apply for a job about now. Then the virus came, and i had to delay my plans to leave the self-isolation i've had for a long time.

- The Havamal

Hello again!

I've released an update of the mod on april the first 2020- fixing lots of stuff. But as there were still ten ships that could be removed from the EDU, opening up for ten more units to be added into the mod - I've yet to update the update with the ten additional units.

Out of these ten i've currently added four new units from version 4.6 a couple of days ago. More on those later.

What's been done since the last post not counting the unreleased stuff:

"The Red Lion Knights, Knights of Windfall, Knights of the Iron Triforce and the hero Aryll are units from the cancelled Great Sea: Total War expansion for Hyrule Total War. Undying Nephalim did however release a very unfinished DEMO in december of 2014 where you could play as the Oceanblins or as the New Hyrule faction in sea battles- both the Oceanblins and New Hyrule had their full navies.

However, there were the entire roster of New Hyrule in the files, but many of the units weren't textured, and all of them weren't coded into the game. Neph had rigged them however.

I have previously implemented Tetralyna Zelda Nohansen 5 to the Kingdom of Hyrule, together with Knights of New Hyrule (already textured but not coded into the mod), Assault Battalions, Surveyors (I had to texture them but that was easy) etc. Then i did add Queen Laruto to the Lanayru Province together with the updated Aquamarines, and of course the Lanayru Mages. And Labrynna got Linbeck with a bodyguard of Labrynnian Pistolmen.

Now- there existed three additional units for New Hyrule- Red Lion Knights, Knights of Windfall and Knights of the Iron Triforce. But i failed in 2017 and in 2019 at UV-maping their textures. All their textures were a complete mess. Same with the last hero Aryll. - Well, i've managed to UV-map the first two exactly how they were supposed to be! Aryll is almost as good, but is sadly lacking her symbol. The Knights of the Iron Triforce were also restored to some extent, but i failed at restoring it completely- it looks like a fan-made version due to lacking certain detail. We'll see if it will be included or not.

So we have one additional hero, and two additional units for the Kingdom of Hyrule- took me quite a few hours to do all the UV-maping of all the four units. Sadly bits were missing in their textures so i had to use Gimp and do 2D work- that's why Arylls symbol isn't there, and also why the final unit lacks details."

"I've remade the way units are used in the custom battle ERA-system.

Era 0 (Disabled) - The original roster plus any bodyguards/4.6 units implemented to the faction or found in the files.

ERA 1 (No Heroes) - Same as above but with all the mercenaries available- still no Heroes or Great Sea units.

ERA 2 (No Mercs) - The entire rosters including heroes (if they haven't been removed to open up slots for units in the campaign) and Great Sea Total War Expansion units -but no mercs.

All (Enabled) - Every unit available to the faction. This option will cause a crash for the majora faction because it has over 200 units.

Especially the factions with Great Sea-units have been affected, and the Minor Factions now will have their own units in all eras.

I had to revert certain files because the Sheikah would crash on turn 3 with the new historical events-file when playing as them, but not when the AI did. Everyone else seemed to work fine.

I've decided to upload an update of the released version that aims to bring stability and additional features to the mod. Then after the release i will experiement with the historical events and attempt to remove the Sheikah-crash - I might need to replace their entire script in the descr_scripts-file.

As such i decided on two possible releases, instead of risking the work i've already done. I don't want to risk having an unplayable version so it's better to release first and try new stuff later.

Now i just need to add the Great Sea-units previewed earlier - already done with the Red Lions. Ikanian heroes can be turned back into alive versions fyi. And their units have armour upgrades set-up like this for now:

"Drafted, Ikana-Civilian, Drafted, Ikana-Civilian"

- So when you upgrade their armour they'll turn into their alive forms and then back into undead, after which they once again become alive.

In the second release if i get to that, I will instead try a script with options.

Zant and Midna now has different units under ERA 0."

Knights of Red Lions in-game!

Knights of Windfall in-game!

"I did texture this model a few days ago as well, but as you can clearly see it's lacking some details on the black cloak. The reason is that i don't think the textures were included for the new parts. I did take the face from the unit_info-picture.

So this was the best i could do.. It looked good in battle though."

"This is the complete New Hyrule Hylian roster. Of course Queen Laruto with her new Aquamarine bodyguard, the Lanayru Mages and Captain Linbeck with his Pistolmen bodyguard are in other factions.

The Rito's and Gerudo Pirates are mercs.

No room for the heroes in the custom battles, but they'll be in the campaign."

"Knights of the Iron Triforce in-game!"

"Great Sea Hero Aryll in-game! "

Download-link to the update:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-to...-final-version

"I'm releasing the fixed version of the dec 18 big release now. It's another big release with many changes. Changes include:

1. Zant Surrender script fixed when playing as Queen Midna!

2. The four Oocca units have unit descriptions.

3. Missing "Eyes of Majora" unit_info picture simply added.

4. Master Entity (Majora) unit_info picture made transparant and added!

5. The Oocca can now call Cleansings at will!.

6. The Forces of the Twilight have a new unit - Shadow Assassins!

7. Elmenzhia script fixed for Zant- Twili Sorceresses affected! .

8. Deku Chanters a new unit for the Deku Scrubs.

9. New 4.6 Dodongos added as "Aquadongos" to Labrynna!

10. Aquadongo Jockeys a new unit for the Tokay!

11. Sheikah unused units/heroes added to the recruitment/spawns!

12. Minor Factions + the Church of Majora and the Oocca can build portal!

13. King Zant's Invasion script now works- Zant and Middee have traits etc!

14. Red Lion Knights, Knights of Windfall & Knights of the Iron Triforce added as new units to the Kingdom of Hyrule together with the Hero Aryll from the Great Sea Expansion. Hyrule will lose some of it's troops in the latest level of barracks after Tetralyna Zelda Nohansen 5 has spawned. They are replaced by the Great Sea units.

- Units affected - Surveyors/Hylian Crossbowmen, Assault Battalion/Swordsmen Recruits, Knights of New Hyrule/Hyrulean Knights, Knights of Red Lions/Mounted Hyrulean Knights, Knights of Windfall/Archer Knights and finally Knights of the Iron Triforce/Hyrulean Macemen.

You can still recruit the units if you have a lower level of barracks after the event.

15. The custom battles have been overhauled and vastly improved!

16. Undead Onox added as a spawning general to all the campaigns.

17. Horon Civilians now a recruitable unit for Horon - the other civilians are removed from the game.

(This were required because the civilian script caused the CTD when exterminating armies after winning battles against the odds. It also caused random CTD after winning battles against giant units like the Gohma Matriarch, or the Goron King Dodongo.)

18. Balance changes made to certain unit costs and stats.

19. All the giant heroes of the mod are now as strong as Ghirahim and F!- no more pushover heroes in the campaign anymore.

20. Ikana troops now have armour variations, four of them actually, meaning the unit will transform into it's alive version when the armour is upgraded, then back into the undead form again, and then finally back into the alive form.

21. Many CTD-issues solved by removing the civilian script.

22. The Moblins, Lanayru Province and the Ordona Province have gotten more regions from the start of the campaign.

The Moblins didn't do much and were in need of a boost. The Lanayru were too easily beaten by the Gorons due to the Gorons getting an additional region previously (due to them never taking it otherwise). And the Ordona Province is fighting many factions on all but one front- they did need a boost.

These factions have all but one of their areas now.

23. Hyrule heroes are back to Neph's original script in all the campaigns because i didn't want too many Zelda's at once.

24. Forced Alliance between the Gerudo/Oocca and the Kingdom of Hyrule/Oocca has been removed in the Hyrule Historia Campaigns - It forced the Gerudo and the Kngdom of Hyrule into a truce each turn after war had been declared. The same issue would have been true for the Ordona Province, the Gorons or any of the other factions if both had forced alliance with the Oocca.

- The Oocca can be anyones enemy as such. So the Gerudo and the Kingdom of Hyrule can now fight wars between each other again in all the campaigns.

25. In order to return King Igos du Ikana, Gomess and Captain Keeta to their alive forms you'd need to hold all the five Ikana settlements on the map plus Majora Prime/Dead Maku Tree - and Majora-Zelda and Majora himself will need to be dead.

They will return to their alive forms one turn after that.

Might be more changes done.. Going to post videos and articles later."
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 08, 2020 at 08:44 AM.

- The Havamal